Page 15 of 62 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202530354045 ... LastLast

Thread: Clover By The Park, Bishan

Photoshop Guest

played around with photoshop and my skills are still crap so, here it is...
    an insight of what it might look like

Unregistered-- Guest

Great work. Kudos..

dbs agent Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    I prefer SIBOR to SOR because SIBOR is lower, so took HSBC SIBOR+0.7 thoughout lifetime of loan.
    nobody like my package?

CloverUOB Guest

I prefer SIBOR to SOR because SIBOR is lower, so took HSBC SIBOR+0.7 thoughout lifetime of loan.
    Not really so. It fluatuates, sometimes higher, sometimes lower. Just for example today, 3month SOR is lower at 1.11466% while the 3 month SIBOR is 1.125%.

Quote Originally Posted by Photoshop

that's a nice preview....good work and to all stack 5 vertical neighbours...cheers...mine is 3 bedder...still have not think about what to do with the planter box yet....but pond is definitely a good idea..cheers
    if any good neighbour start a yahoo group..pls let me know...will sure love to join into the group....ok for now...wishes all cloverians a good nite sleep..sweet dream and guess we'll all be dreaming on how to best use the planter, bay window and balcony..haha

Quote Originally Posted by Cloverian-Confirmed
    Went down there at 2:30pm, agent told me #02-09 was taken, only left #02-05 and #04-09. Brought my parents to tour the show flat, they all like the 4 room floorplan (I'm getting the 3 room type, similar floorplan but only do not have the master junior room).

After some thought, I finally took #02-05, last unit available in stack 5.
    Now I can share the joy with you guys ... hahaha ....

Hihi..last thing before going for my sweet dream...welcome to the big familly of Cloverians.....cheers...well guess you'll have sweet dream for many nights to come...haha///

i luv colver Guest

Quote Originally Posted by OTP
    was there a penalty to change after signing the OTP?
    Nil. I booked stack 9 on 2 Jul and changed to stack 5 the following day. Also, provided the price must be higher than the preceeding one.

Upgrader Guest

Hi, guys, probably I am the nearest to the clover , my current flat is only tens of meters away from it. I can check the progress every minute

I never thought buying a condo since I am a PR. Those days they sold the grassland in front of my window and started construction, I was quite unhappy soon after that I realized why not snap one rather than let them block my view

I visited the show flat on one Wednesday evening (the first day of openning) and signed the option the day after. Those 4 bedders in Stack 16 are really nice but sadly I can not afford, finally I chose 2x-15, 3-bedders instead. quite awkward floor facing the park, but no choice, nice ones already chosen by others the first day.

your discussions are very interesting, please go on. Good luck to all my future neigbours

CloverKaki Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Upgrader
    Hi, guys, probably I am the nearest to the clover , my current flat is only tens of meters away from it. I can check the progress every minute

I never thought buying a condo since I am a PR. Those days they sold the grassland in front of my window and started construction, I was quite unhappy soon after that I realized why not snap one rather than let them block my view

I visited the show flat on one Wednesday evening (the first day of openning) and signed the option the day after. Those 4 bedders in Stack 16 are really nice but sadly I can not afford, finally I chose 2x-15, 3-bedders instead. quite awkward floor facing the park, but no choice, nice ones already chosen by others the first day.

your discussions are very interesting, please go on. Good luck to all my future neigbours
    Great Move.
    Mine at stack 14, will be just above the tree canopies.....

cl0ver Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CloverUOB
    Not really so. It fluatuates, sometimes higher, sometimes lower. Just for example today, 3month SOR is lower at 1.11466% while the 3 month SIBOR is 1.125%.
    interesting....
    i would have thought that the Singapore Interbank Offered Rate (Sibor) - the rate at which banks lend to each other is always lower than the swap offered rate (SOR), which is Sibor plus a bank's lending costs.

seems like an anomaly of a negative lending cost?

Cloverian #02-05 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cloverian#5
    A few of things we don't like about clover are the planter boxes, bay window and long corridors.
    The planter box - we are not into gardening and we don't foresee we will have the time to do it... I think we may end up breeding mosquitoes (warning signal to NEA) if we attempt to grow plants there. Anyone has good idea how what else can we do to it?

bay windows and long and narrow corridors - also another waste of space but instead of complaining, perhaps can also gather some feedback on how to make use of the space effectively?
    Agent suggest to put wooden panels if you do not like plantation on planter box, can put cabinets on this wooden panels provided it can withstand the weight.

Bay windows is good to put cushion for sitting. The cooridors I have is big enough to store bicycles and shoes.

Clover King Guest

Wink Warm Welcome to all Cloverians

Dear Neighbours to be

Hear Ye Hear Ye.........

You are all now proud owners of Singapore best condo, not just in term of heights (where else can you get 3.15M ceiling), contemporary design, value as well as view, regardless of whatever facing you are getting. Just for your information, CLOVER is regarded as a lucky leave that will bring good health and prosperity to all those who owns one. For us, we own a tower of them, hence should be good feng-shui for everyone. Here, I wish all Cloverians good health and prosperous wealth. Personally, I am very excited and can hardly wait for the 3 years to come and go swiftly like the wind so that I can get to know each and everyone of you. Judging by the interest from the vast majority of ppl in this thread, it goes to show we share something in common i.e. one heart, one mind and one PEOPLE.......

Guess you guys must be wondering which stack I bought. To begin, I never had any intention to buy and on that very day when we (me and my wife) saw the signage that reads TO CLOVER BY THE PARK SHow Flat, we said to ourselves, forget it ...must be at least 900 psf. However, we thought what the heck, viewing is free and the rest is history....we drove home, took our cheque book and brought our children to the show room, not to view but to decide unanimously which unit in Stack 14 we should be buying. For once, I am glad I was out-voted by my family for choice as we went for the high floor

An experience to share, we have been going up to nearby HDB to catch a view of what to expect when CLover is ready. Believe me the panaromic view is unbelievable breath-taking from 25th storey of the HDB and you can even get a full view of Sembawang Ship yard. Can you imagine what is like on a 30+ storey. No regret bro and sis, Clover is the right choice and regardless of what the "sour grapes" and "sore losers" are saying, we have all made the right CHOICE.......................Go CLoverian Go Go GO

Hi all Cloverians. I can feel the joy in this thread. I feel happy for you all too. It reminds me of the same experience few years back when I bought a new condo in bishan. We started gethering future neighbours and forged closed friendship till today. Many of the poineers share ideals and it became a force that the developer and 1st managing agent got to acknowledge with. Many went on to set up the MA and became council members till date. I hope the best for all cloverians.

I have a forum setup last year but did not utilise it. Its more for my personal experience of setting up a forum.

It is a free forum. Ive created a section for cloverian. Feel free to post there. Will make improvement if it turns out popular. Do note that I do not benefit in anyway and just thought I had a forum created but not utilise. So see if you guys would like to post there.
    Thanks and take care.

http://sgpropertyforum.com

GoCloverGo Guest

Would anyone know how would the upcoming DBSS flats in AMK and Bishan affect the prices of Clover? Drove past AMK DBSS yesterday, seems like the features and area of the units are pretty similar to clover, and going for 600K for a 120m sq ft unit only. Heard also that Bishan DBSS is huge! Does anyone think they are a better buy?

cl0ver Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoCloverGo
    Would anyone know how would the upcoming DBSS flats in AMK and Bishan affect the prices of Clover? Drove past AMK DBSS yesterday, seems like the features and area of the units are pretty similar to clover, and going for 600K for a 120m sq ft unit only. Heard also that Bishan DBSS is huge! Does anyone think they are a better buy?
    Different crowd. HDB means u have to be eligible. Meaning first time buyer, earn combined under 8k a month, cannot sell in 5yrs, cannot rent full unit, etc.....
    Also, DBSS AMK 120sqm is 600-700k. I think DBSS Bishan would be 650-750k because of next to MRT.
    I dont know about the quality and finishing of United Eng, but im confident that Sim Lian's finishing always gets good nod, since they are a Construction firm while the rest would normally outsource construction...

cloverian #15 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Elden
    Yay! so many stack #05 friendly vertical neighbours!

I must go and change my name.
    I am so so jealous! But equally happy with friendly neighbours in this estate. smile.

cloverian #15 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Photoshop

Well done. Many thanks for increasing the value of our property!

Housing Agent get this map = shows potential buyer = get more sales and sold at higher price.

CloverKaki Guest

Different crowd. HDB means u have to be eligible. Meaning first time buyer, earn combined under 8k a month, cannot sell in 5yrs, cannot rent full unit, etc.....
    Also, DBSS AMK 120sqm is 600-700k. I think DBSS Bishan would be 650-750k because of next to MRT.
    I dont know about the quality and finishing of United Eng, but im confident that Sim Lian's finishing always gets good nod, since they are a Construction firm while the rest would normally outsource construction...
    DBSS Bishan will be in st 24 (not exactly near MRT).

cloverian #15 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Upgrader

Great move and finally I found my vertical neighbour! I love stack 16 as well but were really out of my range. I finally settle #1x-15. Don't worry about the awkwardness, you surely will fall in love with your view sooner or later. In fact most owners here will have great views!

Will be great if you can keep track of the progress and post some pictures here for those (like me) who stays far and cannot monitor as quickly.

Welcome to the family or should I say you welcome us to the family as I guess you the first few who signed before most of us. Smile.

cl0ver Guest

you are right. I got mixed up with another site!
    lets look at all the DBSS sites

1) DBSS Tampines (Sim Lian) bought at $114 psft ppr
    2) DBSS BoonKeng (HoiHup) bought at $234 psft ppr
    3) DBSS AMK (UntEng) bought at $212 psft ppr
    4) DBSS Bishan (Qingdao) bought at $237 psft ppr

about the winner:

A third China-based company has ventured into Singapore's property sector by placing the highest bid of $135.9 million (or $237 psf ppr) for the Bishan DBSS tender that closed yesterday.

Qingdao's plan is to build a 400-unit development and will release the launch prices and date later. PropNex CEO Mohamed Ismail said that if Qingdao Construction was awarded the project, the sale price would probably be above $600 psf, which is more than $600,000 for a four-room flat. He opined that this price is reasonable for a flat in Bishan.

Qingdao Construction Group has been in Singapore for the last nine years and has entered the property market to capitalize on the demand for premier HDB flats. Qingdao's business activities are financially backed by the China Development Bank and the Export-Import Bank of China. A Savills analyst noted that the Chinese Govt is seen seeking more overseas investments and this may in turn see more Chinese developers and construction firms seeking investments in Singapore.

On the design of the DBSS project, Qingdao said that it would be importing China products for the facilities in the project. ...

>$600 psft for a 4RM HDB flat just acrossed the road. I think Clover will be sold out before this DBSS is launched!

cloverian #15 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Clover King
    Dear Neighbours to be

Hear Ye Hear Ye.........

You are all now proud owners of Singapore best condo, not just in term of heights (where else can you get 3.15M ceiling), contemporary design, value as well as view, regardless of whatever facing you are getting. Just for your information, CLOVER is regarded as a lucky leave that will bring good health and prosperity to all those who owns one. For us, we own a tower of them, hence should be good feng-shui for everyone. Here, I wish all Cloverians good health and prosperous wealth. Personally, I am very excited and can hardly wait for the 3 years to come and go swiftly like the wind so that I can get to know each and everyone of you. Judging by the interest from the vast majority of ppl in this thread, it goes to show we share something in common i.e. one heart, one mind and one PEOPLE.......

Guess you guys must be wondering which stack I bought. To begin, I never had any intention to buy and on that very day when we (me and my wife) saw the signage that reads TO CLOVER BY THE PARK SHow Flat, we said to ourselves, forget it ...must be at least 900 psf. However, we thought what the heck, viewing is free and the rest is history....we drove home, took our cheque book and brought our children to the show room, not to view but to decide unanimously which unit in Stack 14 we should be buying. For once, I am glad I was out-voted by my family for choice as we went for the high floor

An experience to share, we have been going up to nearby HDB to catch a view of what to expect when CLover is ready. Believe me the panaromic view is unbelievable breath-taking from 25th storey of the HDB and you can even get a full view of Sembawang Ship yard. Can you imagine what is like on a 30+ storey. No regret bro and sis, Clover is the right choice and regardless of what the "sour grapes" and "sore losers" are saying, we have all made the right CHOICE.......................Go CLoverian Go Go GO
    Ding Dong, my dear neighbour ... can I borrow your views from the balcony please? smile.

From what you say, yours must be pretty high up there! I must start to learn how to bake some cakes and make some excuses to visit you. 3 years should be sufficient. What cakes would you like sir? smile.

you are right. I got mixed up with another site!
    lets look at all the DBSS sites

1) DBSS Tampines (Sim Lian) bought at $114 psft ppr
    2) DBSS BoonKeng (HoiHup) bought at $234 psft ppr
    3) DBSS AMK (UntEng) bought at $212 psft ppr
    4) DBSS Bishan (Qingdao) bought at $237 psft ppr

about the winner:

A third China-based company has ventured into Singapore's property sector by placing the highest bid of $135.9 million (or $237 psf ppr) for the Bishan DBSS tender that closed yesterday.

Qingdao's plan is to build a 400-unit development and will release the launch prices and date later. PropNex CEO Mohamed Ismail said that if Qingdao Construction was awarded the project, the sale price would probably be above $600 psf, which is more than $600,000 for a four-room flat. He opined that this price is reasonable for a flat in Bishan.

Qingdao Construction Group has been in Singapore for the last nine years and has entered the property market to capitalize on the demand for premier HDB flats. Qingdao's business activities are financially backed by the China Development Bank and the Export-Import Bank of China. A Savills analyst noted that the Chinese Govt is seen seeking more overseas investments and this may in turn see more Chinese developers and construction firms seeking investments in Singapore.

On the design of the DBSS project, Qingdao said that it would be importing China products for the facilities in the project. ...

>$600 psft for a 4RM HDB flat just acrossed the road. I think Clover will be sold out before this DBSS is launched!
    Thanks for your good informations. It is indeed a good news for the Cloverians.

$600PSF for a DBSS, Clover will be definitely a much better choice.

cl0ver Guest

Quote Originally Posted by propertyinvestor
    Thanks for your good informations. It is indeed a good news for the Cloverians.

$600PSF for a DBSS, Clover will be definitely a much better choice.
    This was quoted by PropNex CEO not me ok....
    Lets see what the final price to be launched by Qingdao

cl0ver Guest

anyone bought 39 floor? If you do, then please invite all of us to your open terrace to have a BBQ...
    It would be an amazing sight up on 40th storey !!!!!

cl0ver Guest

ok, another view by ERA. I guess PropNex was just talking like a true property agent!

China firm is top bidder for HDB’s Bishan plot
    Posted by lushhomeonline on February 21, 2008

THE results of the most recent tender for a Bishan plot illustrates how foreign players are increasingly making inroads into privately developed public housing here.

China’s Qingdao Construction Group Corporation emerged as the top contender for a 1.5ha plot in Bishan Street 24 with a bid of $135.9 million, almost $20 million more than the next bidder.

The Housing Board will evaluate the tender, which closed on Tuesday. It is expected to announce the winning bid in the next two weeks.

Qingdao, which has been building in Singapore for the past nine years, out-bid home-grown Sim Lian Land and a local-foreign joint venture comprising Hoi Hup Realty and Malaysia’s Sunway Concrete Products.

Sim Lian’s bid of $116 million was the second highest.

Blocks in the Bishan development can go up to about 50 storeys. Qingdao said on Tuesday it will build more than 400 flats on the land.

Qingdao’s bid was the equivalent of $237 per sq ft (psf) per plot ratio. ERA Singapore assistant vice-president Eugene Lim estimates the break-even cost at $400 psf, making the selling price of the flats at $440 to $480 psf.

The site is the fourth put up for tender under the HDB’s Design, Build and Sell Scheme. This basically gives private developers the freedom to design, build and price flats as long as they work within the general rules of public housing. For example, flats must be easy to maintain and cannot be sold to families earning more than $8,000 a month.

About 1,500 more such flats are being planned for Toa Payoh, Simei and Bedok.

Qingdao, which has more than 20 branches in countries outside China, has been building mainly HDB flats on contract, so the Bishan tender marks its first foray into the local real estate industry as a developer.

Source : Straits Times - 21 Feb 2008

cloverian #15 Guest

Default calculation of cost

ok, another view by ERA. I guess PropNex was just talking like a true property agent!

China firm is top bidder for HDB’s Bishan plot
    Posted by lushhomeonline on February 21, 2008

THE results of the most recent tender for a Bishan plot illustrates how foreign players are increasingly making inroads into privately developed public housing here.

China’s Qingdao Construction Group Corporation emerged as the top contender for a 1.5ha plot in Bishan Street 24 with a bid of $135.9 million, almost $20 million more than the next bidder.

The Housing Board will evaluate the tender, which closed on Tuesday. It is expected to announce the winning bid in the next two weeks.

Qingdao, which has been building in Singapore for the past nine years, out-bid home-grown Sim Lian Land and a local-foreign joint venture comprising Hoi Hup Realty and Malaysia’s Sunway Concrete Products.

Sim Lian’s bid of $116 million was the second highest.

Blocks in the Bishan development can go up to about 50 storeys. Qingdao said on Tuesday it will build more than 400 flats on the land.

Qingdao’s bid was the equivalent of $237 per sq ft (psf) per plot ratio. ERA Singapore assistant vice-president Eugene Lim estimates the break-even cost at $400 psf, making the selling price of the flats at $440 to $480 psf.

The site is the fourth put up for tender under the HDB’s Design, Build and Sell Scheme. This basically gives private developers the freedom to design, build and price flats as long as they work within the general rules of public housing. For example, flats must be easy to maintain and cannot be sold to families earning more than $8,000 a month.

About 1,500 more such flats are being planned for Toa Payoh, Simei and Bedok.

Qingdao, which has more than 20 branches in countries outside China, has been building mainly HDB flats on contract, so the Bishan tender marks its first foray into the local real estate industry as a developer.

Source : Straits Times - 21 Feb 2008
    "Qingdao’s bid was the equivalent of $237 per sq ft (psf) per plot ratio. "

"...estimates the break-even cost at $400 psf, making the selling price of the flats at $440 to $480 psf."

May I offer a slightly different view as follows;
    construction cost had increase by more than 15% from feb till july, this is including the inflation and high cost for both building materials and steel. The guide for mid or entry level condo is now pegged at $260psf based on latest QS reports (http://www.sg.rlb.com/documents/cost...ts/may_08.pdf). So we look at the following equation;

land cost $237 + construction cost $260 = $497 say $500psf.

This equation will mean a decent profit from this development will need to sell between $550-$600 psf.

This is purely estimate from construction viewpoint. Unless the developer had secured the building materials in feb 08, he will be looking at this construction cost to build.

We shall see when it launches.

CloverKaki Guest

anyone bought 39 floor? If you do, then please invite all of us to your open terrace to have a BBQ...
    It would be an amazing sight up on 40th storey !!!!!
    About the makerover of the Kallang River, understood that the PUB/NPB has engaged
    This company is giving a presentation at Singapore Garden Festival Expo 2008«Suntec City Convention & Exhibition Centre · Singapore>>. Wonder if the presentation will be on the Bishan Park Waterscaping.

cl0ver Guest

they say take materials from China wor.....
    i'd be worried if QC is an issue.....

* of coz we can't stereotype all china companies of having bad QCs..... but still i would be cautious.

CloverKaki Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CloverKaki
    About the makerover of the Kallang River, understood that the PUB/NPB has engaged
    This company is giving a presentation at Singapore Garden Festival Expo 2008«Suntec City Convention & Exhibition Centre · Singapore>>. Wonder if the presentation will be on the Bishan Park Waterscaping.
    I am referring to Atelier Dreisetl Waterscape. In their website, they showcase BishanPark Maker as one of their current project.
    http://www.dreiseitl.de/index.php?id=525&lang=en

Also you also find that the NPB is looking to tender out this project in Nov 2008.

It will be exciting to see the development of this waterscaping project development concurrent with the Clover build up.

CloverKaki Guest

they say take materials from China wor.....
    i'd be worried if QC is an issue.....

* of coz we can't stereotype all china companies of having bad QCs..... but still i would be cautious.
    I presumed others will understood these materials are for DBSS Bishan (as report on Qingdao comments) NOT Clover