Page 7 of 62 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121722273237 ... LastLast

Thread: Clover By The Park, Bishan

Unregistered00 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rush to buy
    not old fashion, speaks from my true experience....my sis house where the living room is facing west...and when sunset....whole room was like an oven...don't under estimate the power of SUN......can feel the wall is buring.....not sure curtain will help and what if it not rain for a month?
    my rule of thumb when sourcing for property....Don't ever ever choose a unit directly expose to afternoon sun...
    but do note that all units are N/S facing. None are facing E/W unless u count the bathrooms for corner units.....

cl0ver Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kaypoh
    Actually floors 4-6, the so-called "tree-lined" floors are very nice as well. These are the ones the same height as the tree canopy, so if you look outside, it's very green and therapeutic, and might be prettier than v high floors when you only see the sky unless you walk to the balcony and look down. Also, if get afternoon sun, these floors are least affected. I'm just a kaypoh Bukit Timah resident and many condos in bukit timah are below 10 floors due to low plot ratio - so I'm quite used to low floors. So if you can get lower floors at cheaper price, why not? Just sharing...
    well said, in fact me and my wife went to HDB next door to predict the views...
    it appears 4th and 5th has the best where u dont see any buildings on the other end.... in Clover's standard since its going to be above ground a bit, its equivalent to 3rd or 4th. since 4th may not be popular, so the choice was 3rd or 5th.....

Congrats to those who purchased clover. Im sure its a good investmentin in time to come. ready to flip?

rush to buy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered00
    but do note that all units are N/S facing. None are facing E/W unless u count the bathrooms for corner units.....
    exactly...master bathroom and some portion of the bedrooms would be affected....but not for stack 16 as it will be shielded by stack 13 to 15. Resale value will be drop for sure unless the new owner think fengsui far more superior than living in an oven and singapore will be raining everydays....or close all the curtains in daytime during sat & sun....

Unregistered8 Guest

curious to know is the psf for this development have some link to which agent serve you?

Unregistered88 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered8
    curious to know is the psf for this development have some link to which agent serve you?
    don't think so...OrangeT is the authorised agent and price are from developer and have to be concurred by their higher management.

Unregistered8 Guest

so, is the timing issue right? will only be able to get lower psf if buy earlier.

Unregisteredaaa Guest

Wink

Yap, surprised to know you lucky one can get $690psf? share your secret lah

Unregistered99 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregisteredaaa
    Yap, surprised to know you lucky one can get $690psf? share your secret lah
    no secret lah.... lowest price was $602 psft rite? probably the ground floor with patio....
    but as mentioned, 2nd to 6th or 7th are under $690... on first 2 days of SOFT launch... not official launch......

Elden Guest

Anyone bought a unit in the stack #05 like we did? We actually preferred block 2 (the block closer to the road), because we didn't want to walk too far a distance to get out of the condo. Plus, while we were there during the 1st launch of block 6, we weren't ready to commit yet at that time.

We only came back early during the second launch to commit and by then most of the best units in block 6 were taken already. The facing was very important to us also.

#05 faces towards the park as well, and it is only partially blocked by block 6. (both blocks are tilted slightly so they are not directly facing one another). We liked #05 because it would get mainly just some of the morning sun (which is fine) and it is shielded from the afternoon/evening sun.

GOGLE Guest

Morning sun is worse from my experience. The heat gets trapped in the morning and cannot escape in the afternoon. I've a top floor morning sun condo and feels like oven everyday. My afternoon sun one is better, sun only comes in from 4-5pm and dissipates immediately. Beautiful unblocked view should be more important.

Quote Originally Posted by Elden
    Anyone bought a unit in the stack #05 like we did? We actually preferred block 2 (the block closer to the road), because we didn't want to walk too far a distance to get out of the condo. Plus, while we were there during the 1st launch of block 6, we weren't ready to commit yet at that time.

We only came back early during the second launch to commit and by then most of the best units in block 6 were taken already. The facing was very important to us also.

#05 faces towards the park as well, and it is only partially blocked by block 6. (both blocks are tilted slightly so they are not directly facing one another). We liked #05 because it would get mainly just some of the morning sun (which is fine) and it is shielded from the afternoon/evening sun.

4 floor good Guest

Aiyoh! If 3rd or 4th then 4th floor is definitely better lah. Fengshui depends on the individual. Look at 2008 - 8 supposed to be auspicious rite? 2008 economy so bad. In fact, the latest fengshui master has come out to say "8" is actually a very bad number. Every time "8" will come recession and all the bad things. Also most people pantang on the unit number, not the floor.

East Coast district is "44" rite? I don't think you should avoid 4th floor. Treeline floors are very nice and will give you house a resort feel. The condo will have trees around it, dun worry.

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    well said, in fact me and my wife went to HDB next door to predict the views...
    it appears 4th and 5th has the best where u dont see any buildings on the other end.... in Clover's standard since its going to be above ground a bit, its equivalent to 3rd or 4th. since 4th may not be popular, so the choice was 3rd or 5th.....

unre Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 4 floor good
    Aiyoh! If 3rd or 4th then 4th floor is definitely better lah. Fengshui depends on the individual. Look at 2008 - 8 supposed to be auspicious rite? 2008 economy so bad. In fact, the latest fengshui master has come out to say "8" is actually a very bad number. Every time "8" will come recession and all the bad things. Also most people pantang on the unit number, not the floor.

East Coast district is "44" rite? I don't think you should avoid 4th floor. Treeline floors are very nice and will give you house a resort feel. The condo will have trees around it, dun worry.
    well, u may have different views from me, but we have to resign to the fact of what the majority thinks? correct?
    4 is not a good number in a chinese dominated society, so it is proven that it can be difficult to sell in future compared to other numbers.
    also, you will noticed that each floor has an increment of $3k but when 7 moved to 8th, the increment was $5k? Why? Because majority would think that 8th floor is a good number hence simlian took advantage of market perception and slightly increased the price....
    and they are smart, because 9th floor is $3k above 8th, so the gap from 7th to 9th should have been $6k but is infact $8k difference.
    That my friend is FACT!

unit Guest

doesnt your floor make up the whole unit number?
    i mean there should be a unit in stack 14 numbered $14-14
    and it was sold.

High Ground Guest

I think if u look at the model at the showroom, you will noticed that the ground slopes down towards the park
    so, block 6 is actually build on higher ground slightly above the park.

so, i think 1st floor (ground) is equivalent to HDB 2nd floor or even 3rd floor.
    and with ceiling of 3.15m, i can safely assume that clover's 8th floor is equivalent to HDB's 10th floor.

anyone agree with me?

and can u imagine what 39th-40th would be like??? HEAVEN!

Unregisteredzzz Guest

Smile

We brought stack 15 aka #xx-15 at mid floor (considering 39 floors) while we have many choices then. The prices were there and there-abouts already since day 1.
    All design, oritentations etc, points towards stack 14, 15 and 16... and I guess proven with all these sold.

Orientation is subjective as long as the buyer is happy! At least I am, and hope those who brought were as well. Those who did not, good luck in getting that dream place, while those thinking of buying Clover, welcome!

Anyone brought stack 15 as neighbours?

Unregistered 4444 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by unre
    well, u may have different views from me, but we have to resign to the fact of what the majority thinks? correct?
    4 is not a good number in a chinese dominated society, so it is proven that it can be difficult to sell in future compared to other numbers.
    also, you will noticed that each floor has an increment of $3k but when 7 moved to 8th, the increment was $5k? Why? Because majority would think that 8th floor is a good number hence simlian took advantage of market perception and slightly increased the price....
    and they are smart, because 9th floor is $3k above 8th, so the gap from 7th to 9th should have been $6k but is infact $8k difference.
    That my friend is FACT!
    I really do not know why people believe in feng shui and all the nonsense of 4 being a bad no. I have a fried who ws very sad when he got a car with registration no 4224 and one month later he was richer by 600k after betting big on the no (4D). After that he kept the car for 10 years.
    If everyone hires a feng shui master and make sure his house has the best feng shui, then all Singaporeans will be millionaires, live till 100, etc. All thiese are gimmicks and the ones laughing the best are the Feng shui masters with the millions in their pockets.

Whe will Singaporeans every learn? They can be so smart but so silly when it comes to such superstitions.

8=huat? Guest

4 has always been a lucky number for me and I not superstitious at all. I sold my 4 floor condo with no problem at all and best price so far in my condo. The problem is everyone themselves not pantang but think every one else pantang, but the fact is, there are lots of people who do not mind the 4 or 14 floor. Whatever it is, 4th floor is better than stack 4. If you unit says #04-03. I don't see anything wrong with it But if superstitious every scared 4th floor then go buy 8 huat huat lah - but look at 1998 and 2008, where got huat?

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered 4444
    I really do not know why people believe in feng shui and all the nonsense of 4 being a bad no. I have a fried who ws very sad when he got a car with registration no 4224 and one month later he was richer by 600k after betting big on the no (4D). After that he kept the car for 10 years.
    If everyone hires a feng shui master and make sure his house has the best feng shui, then all Singaporeans will be millionaires, live till 100, etc. All thiese are gimmicks and the ones laughing the best are the Feng shui masters with the millions in their pockets.

Whe will Singaporeans every learn? They can be so smart but so silly when it comes to such superstitions.

4444 Guest

If u r teochew, then 4 is good n lucky number

somemore 4 look like khiaw kar

Elden Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GOGLE
    Morning sun is worse from my experience. The heat gets trapped in the morning and cannot escape in the afternoon. I've a top floor morning sun condo and feels like oven everyday. My afternoon sun one is better, sun only comes in from 4-5pm and dissipates immediately. Beautiful unblocked view should be more important.
    Think different people have different preferences. We are out mostly to go to work in the morning. And if the morning sun wakes us up, that's a good thing (shouldn't sleep so long anyway).

Afternoon and evening is a time when we would likely be spending time in the house, so no direct sun then would be better.

In any case, units XX-#05 aren't directly facing the morning sun. Both blocks are slanted at an angle. So, our side (#XX-05) actually faces north. The side that gets hit by the morning sun is actually the master bedroom bathroom. We won't be spending a lot of time in the bathroom in the morning I am sure.

Elden Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rogerang
    Congrats to those who purchased clover. Im sure its a good investmentin in time to come. ready to flip?
    We are buying it to stay actually. It would have to be making a whole lot of money for us to consider selling. We like the Bishan area. Clover is really nice especially because the coffee shops and market is right next door opposite. So, really very convenient. And the park is right next door too.

Its great for a family like ours. We have 2 kids, a dog, and an elderly staying with us. So, the big size of the units plus the proximity of the park, and the coffee shops and markets is very nice. Its also not near to a busy highway or major road, which would be really noisy!

Actually too near to an elevated MRT is fairly noisy too. MRT trains zip past every few minutes. So, there is a certain amount of noise pollution if you are very near to or facing an MRT track or station.

cl0ver Guest

there is no wrong or right. Everyone is born differently and have different likes and dislikes......
    anyway, block 2 still have units available and my agent told me facing city or bishan north shopping centre appears to be going fast....
    that means the one behind facing park and block 6 still have units !

and someone is correct, its not facing directly block 6, the angle is created to face the park.... and it will be breezy because both blocks are so far away....

unre Guest

We are buying it to stay actually. It would have to be making a whole lot of money for us to consider selling. We like the Bishan area. Clover is really nice especially because the coffee shops and market is right next door opposite. So, really very convenient. And the park is right next door too.

Its great for a family like ours. We have 2 kids, a dog, and an elderly staying with us. So, the big size of the units plus the proximity of the park, and the coffee shops and markets is very nice. Its also not near to a busy highway or major road, which would be really noisy!

Actually too near to an elevated MRT is fairly noisy too. MRT trains zip past every few minutes. So, there is a certain amount of noise pollution if you are very near to or facing an MRT track or station.
    yeah, the chicken wings at the KPT is good.... and also the hokkien mee... and midnight kway chap.....
    there's also eateries at the Asian Golf Academy and 3 restaurants in Bishan Park itself....
    Not to mentioned wet markets, POSB, clinics, sundry shopts, Shop N Save...
    very convenient indeed....
    and just 2 bus stops to Junction 8.
    few bus rides to Upp Thomson Road where u have Thomson plaza and the many eateries there too....
    heard Upp Thomson is the new Holland V....

Elden Guest

Actually, I think initially, people go for the park facing because they had paintings and such about the upcoming river project, so it seems nice. But think about it. The city view from the top floors like 30th floor and above are going to be pretty awesome too.

The surrounding flats are all up to 10 or 12th floor at most. Most of Bishan HDB estate is around 16th floor max. If you are 20th floor and above, I think you would be able to see really really far!

And since the road near block 2 is not really a super busy road, I don't think the noise pollution from it would be very bad. Besides, a view isn't everything. Some people aren't really into nice or long views. I mean, they may not be the type that likes to go and sit in the balcony sipping a drink and enjoying the sunset.

Elden Guest

Quote Originally Posted by unre
    yeah, the chicken wings at the KPT is good.... and also the hokkien mee... and midnight kway chap.....
    there's also eateries at the Asian Golf Academy and 3 restaurants in Bishan Park itself....
    Not to mentioned wet markets, POSB, clinics, sundry shopts, Shop N Save...
    very convenient indeed....
    and just 2 bus stops to Junction 8.
    few bus rides to Upp Thomson Road where u have Thomson plaza and the many eateries there too....
    heard Upp Thomson is the new Holland V....
    Hmmm, I am going to have to do more research! hee. My wife stayed in Bishan, but it was another part, so we didn't frequent this area much to eat although we liked it a lot when we visited it. Sounds like a lot of nice food nearby!

cl0ver Guest

its the price.... low floor parkview cost $690 which is damn affordable...
    if u go up 30th floor, it cost much much more....
    also i wanted the corner 3 bedder not 4 bedder which goes from 14th up...
    dont like the design of the smaller 3 bedders.... no walk in balcony and small yard behind kitchen....

so its just a preference..... but which ever we choose.... i guess the choice is a good one compared to other projects now in the market...
    thats why clover has the highest take up rate so far.

well done to all who bought....!

clovere Guest

Hmmm, I am going to have to do more research! hee. My wife stayed in Bishan, but it was another part, so we didn't frequent this area much to eat although we liked it a lot when we visited it. Sounds like a lot of nice food nearby!
    its a nice place to live. I used to live in Bishan Park Condo which is near the Gardens @ Bishan for 5 yrs. At that time, Gardens was not even constructed.
    Taking bus 410 which is a shuttle to MRT is a hassle because waiting and journey takes 20-25 mins and then a further 17 mins to CBD via MRT.
    Funny thing is while in the bus, when it stops at Bishan North Shopping centre which doesnt justify the name "shopping centre" at all! i used to say to myself, how nice if i lived there... then its just 2 more stops to MRT...
    hahahhahaha
    and now i will have that dream!

interestingly, the 410 shuttle has 2 loops, one goes clockwise and the other anti clockwise, so it depends where you want to go....

and if u explore more, u can walk thru the park to AMK Ave 1 and u will also find some nice eateries there....
    further down the road is the popular crab noodles place called MeiBan....
    so, everything is close proximity...

and further down to old upp thomson, there is the famouse casurina curry house on one corner... and really cheap seafood at the other end... that does good chilli crab!

anyone has any other hidden foodies?

Cloved Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    well done to all who bought....!
    Pat on your own back..... well done....

Clover King Guest

Default Number superstition

Aiyah....never realise that in the 21st Century still got ppl so pantang one. We are living in an era that is so advance with technology and creativity, why spend so much unnecessary time arguing about what no is auspicious and whats not. The day you are born, your destiny and fate are already pre-destined. If you are meant to be rich, you will naturally be but if you are to suffer in poverty, then so be it. We have to accept lives as it is gifted to us by the good lord upstair. To go thru poverty could be a blessing for your next generation and could also be a test bythe good Lord upstair. Ever heard of the old cliche "taste bitterness before enjoying sweetness".

As long as your conscience are clear and you lead a life that is devoid of evil and harm to others, you will be rewarded in life eventually, if not your next generation will benefit from it. Remember

What yours are yours no matter what you do, whats not yours, no matter how much you force, will never be yours........................Be Happy since all of you already are proud owners of one of the best design and probably amongst the highest apartment in Singapore......Hip Hip Clover

All units for 2 towers launch already?