Page 6 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111621263136 ... LastLast

Thread: Clover By The Park, Bishan

Unre Guest

i'll be surprised if they build a nice stream of water and then to wreck it by building high rise construction!

anyway, that section is filled with 3 restaurants and a spa already right?

Quote Originally Posted by Clarification
    In the URA 2003 plan, this plan is in but is subsequently plan out and replace with the remake of the waterscape and river making.
    So it is a change of plan. This is a case of using old news to confuse with new news.....
    Just checked the 2003 and 2008 versions of the URA masterplan. You are right, I guess we can assume that URA changed their zoning for the plot of land in question for the 2008 version. Still makes me feel a little uneasy though..

Regarding the stream, from what I understand from the posting by another forummer earlier, it seems that a stream will be created in Bishan Park, but the canal right in front of Clover and the HDBs will remain, and be used as a 'filter' to clean the water from the stream... Anybody got a different intepretation of the below article?

Keeping it fresh Water will flow from Marina Barrage to Upper Peirce Reservoir – and vice versa

Lin Yanqin, Today Online 27 Jun 08;

TO MAKE the Marina Reservoir created by the Marina Barrage more than just a stagnant body of water, underground drains are going to be built so that water can circulate throughout Singapore’s water channels, keeping the lake fresh.

This project — called the Marina Reservoir Recirculation Scheme :— was one of several tender announcements made by PUB yesterday, at the Singapore International Water Week Water Expo.

When completed in 2010, water from Upper Peirce Reservoir will be released into the new drainage channels leading to various tributaries, which then lead to Marina Reservoir. This will complement the pipe that will pump water from Marina Reservoir, already under construction, into Upper Peirce Reservoir, allowing water to circulate between the two reservoirs.

“It will create flowing water, which will help to improve water quality,” saidMr Devaray Sanmuganathan, PUB’s deputy director of best sourcing. Four tenders for various phases of the scheme will be called later this year.

Also announced yesterday were tenders for PUB’s Active, Beautiful, Clean Waters programme to develop Jurong Lake in the Western catchment area, and Bishan Park, Sungei Kallang and Alexandra Park in the Central catchment area.

Bishan Park, for instance, will see a stream created within the park, with water from the Kallang River drawn and filtered through an existing canal. This will result in a clean body of water for recreation activities.

Other ideas PUB have in mind to transform these water channels and bodies include additional landscaping, fishing platforms and a geyser in the middle of Jurong Lake.

A tender will also be called for the Eastern catchment this year, though details are still unavailable.

PUB will also call for bids to build additional membrane bioreactor plants to meet additional demand at two of its water reclamation plants, Jurong and Ulu Pandan, to meet increasing demand, said Mr Devaray.

Since making such advance tender announcements before the actual calling of tenders, PUB has been able to reach out to a bigger pool of partners, contractors and suppliers for its various projects. “Anecdotally, we have seen more price competitive rates,” said Mr Devaray.

Altogether, PUB will be announcing 120 tenders over the next 12 months, with the projects estimated to cost about$1.1 billion in all.

Last year, about $995 million worth of projects were tendered.

cl0ver Guest

the longkang IS the stream lah
    look at these 2 pictures. That is what the Marina Barage is for. Filter clean water then pass it through singapore......
    Its like what the did in downtown Seoul in Korea......

http://www.topos.de/PDFs/1183018183.pdf

http://www.adb.org/Water/Operations/...op23August.pdf

WowClover Guest

This is the Bishan Toa Payoh Town Council Newsletter Jan - Mar 08 Issues.
    WaterFront Living
    http://www.btptc.org.sg/E%20News/New...issue%2079.pdf

It is understood the tendering for the project will happen in Nov 2008, which means when the waterscape will be ready when Clover TOP.

Wow

unreeeee Guest

here is how it will look like...
    water will overflow from the canal and into parts of the park.....
    so, that means they will have to renovate the canal, expand it and build stuffs in it.....steps... walk paths....

CloverWater Guest

An agent told me that about 50% of the 616 units are sold.
    90% from Blk 6 and about 50 units in Blk 2. And the developer has increased the selling price by an average of $20 psf.
    This will implies that the developer has enough cash flow already and can afford a slower pace of selling

Buyers of the park facing units should be more reassured now that their view and stream are going to be around in the future.

Congrats to the early buyers of the park facing units. These are the best units in the development by far, the rest aren't really worthwhile (especially with any price increase by the developer).

Personally feel that the finishing by Sim Lian is not bad, and although it is true that a lot of the so-called floor area goes to planters, balconies and bay windows, these are designed in a nice and pleasant manner. I have seen much worse. However, feel that the dining area for 4 BR units are way too small, hard to squeeze a even a 6 seater dining table in. Strangely enough, the 3 BR units have a larger dining area and comparable living room area.

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...87712,00.html?

Published July 15, 2008

Condo sales at showflats tapering off

One developer blames Livia's pricing for 'spoiling' other projects' sales

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

WHILE City Developments managed to sell 96 units last week at its Livia condo at Pasir Ris, developers of most other projects suffered rapidly declining sales at their showflats.

Woodsville 28: When Frasers Centrepoint previews its project this weekend, the stakes for nearby Kovan Residences are expected to go up

At least one developer blamed Livia's attractive pricing - $650 psf on average - for 'spoiling' sales of other projects, while others said a tapering off was to be expected given negative news flows from overseas on the state of the financial and stock markets.

Developers and property agents generally reported still strong turnouts at showflats last weekend, although take-up slowed.

Sim Lian sold 19 units last week at its Clover By The Park condo in Bishan, less than the 59-unit sales it achieved in the preceding week. To date, Sim Lian has sold 273 of the total 616 units in the project. 'That's almost 45 per cent of a large project in just three weeks; that's quite an achievement given current market sentiment,' Sim Lian Group executive director Diana Kuik said when approached by BT.

The 99-year leasehold project's average price remains at $750 psf.

Sim Lian also sold a unit at The Amery, a freehold project in the Telok Kurau area, last week - again a less sparkling performance than the four units it sold a week earlier.

Next to Geylang River, NTUC Choice Homes and Ho Bee found buyers for another nine units at Dakota Residences last weekend. This brings total sales to 170 units in the 99-year project, which has an average price of about $980 psf.

Over in the Kovan MRT Station vicinity, the developer of Kovan Residences sold about 20 units last week, bringing total sales to over 100 units since the 99-year project was previewed at a private party on June 28. The average price is somewhere in the $870-900 psf range. Nearby, MCL Land sold another three units at its D-Pavilion, a freehold project priced at $900 psf on average last week. This was a slower sales rate than initial sales of 10 units the preceding weekend.

The stakes will go up for these two developers when Frasers Centrepoint previews this weekend its Woodsville 28 near Potong Pasir MRT Station - which is three MRT stops closer to town than Kovan MRT Station.

The 110-unit condo will have an average price of $880 psf. The 99-year leasehold development comprises two 17-storey blocks.

'The two- and three-bedder units, with respective average sizes of 883 sq ft and 1,195 sq ft, are about 5 to 6 per cent smaller than conventional units as we've adjusted our sizes to fit the profile of the market we're targeting - those just starting their families or young couples who want to stay near the city and even retirees.

'Two-bedroom apartments start at $700,000 and three-bedders from just over $1 million,' says Frasers Centrepoint Homes chief operating officer Cheang Kok Kheong.

CDL's spokeswoman said Livia saw strong take-up of various unit types last week, especially two- and three-bedders. 'The four-bedroom apartments were purchased either for owner occupation or rental potential in view of United World College's East Campus coming up in the vicinity.

'The project's average price remains $650 psf, with prices for certain unit types and facing being upped by 1-3 per cent for the latest release of 120 units last weekend,' she added.

The 96 units sold at Livia last week contrasted with sales of 160 units in the preceding week when CDL previewed the 99-year leasehold project, resulting in total sales of 256 units. So far, 320 of the condo's total 724 units have been released.

A veteran property consultant said: 'Crowds were generally still very good at showflats last weekend, though take-up has slowed. In any development, demand for 30-40 per cent of units comes from the surrounding population catchment. Usually that's the case, good or bad times.

'Once sales in a project launch hits a certain percentage from this catchment demand, developers have to attract people from other parts of Singapore. That's a tougher job, with a lot more convincing to be done compared with selling to people who already know the area.'

Another problem is that buyers are unsure of the property market's direction. 'Even when there are attractively priced projects, potential buyers worry if property prices will go down further. They also ask themselves whether they really need to upgrade; they worry about the economy and their jobs. The bad news coming out from financial institutions in the US is a big concern,' a property agent said.

On a more positive note, Sim Lian's Ms Kuik said: 'If you have a good product in a location where there's a pool of buyers and if your pricing is reasonable, there will be take-up.'

URA Guest

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of June 2008

Project Name ....... Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    Clover By The Park . RCR ....... 197 ............................ 877 ................ 765 ............... 602

cl0ver Guest

Quote Originally Posted by URA
    Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of June 2008

Project Name ....... Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    Clover By The Park . RCR ....... 197 ............................ 877 ................ 765 ............... 602
    woooohoooo.... $690 is a steal for parkview !!!!!

Unregistered6 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    woooohoooo.... $690 is a steal for parkview !!!!!
    Congrats on a good buy

Unregistered-11111 Guest

wow ... how to get a $690 psf????

clover bee Guest

Talking High floor indemand

Now that all the apartments facing Park are sold out, believe all buyers must be feeling assured they have made the right choices. I shouldnt have procrastinated and missed out on this opportunity. Looks like amongst the launches, Clover is the one doing the best. Imagine with 50% sold, this will mitigate Sim Lian pressure to push their sales. Looks like I bettergo down this weekend to book 1unit (dont care whichfloor lah) for myself. Anygood advice on which stack I should be going for

cl0ver Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered-11111
    wow ... how to get a $690 psf????
    made the decision on day 2 of soft launch lor.....
    well, have been eyeing this place for over a year since they began pilling....

cant wait for it to complete.... 39 storeys will be awesomely tall !

Cloverer Guest

Hehe I went on the 3rd day of the launch and got a unit on Stack XX-13

cl0ver Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cloverer
    sama stack lah....
    did u get 3bder or 4bder?

Clover King Guest

Default He He

HeeHee Hee Hee, Luckily I went on day 1 and bought the a unit above 35th floor for an $830 psf

cloverer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Clover King
    HeeHee Hee Hee, Luckily I went on day 1 and bought the a unit above 35th floor for an $830 psf
    wow....
    was thinking of touching the skies too....
    but prefered the scenic park view so opted for low floors.... and saved heaps for future reno....

already thinking of building a Bar at the entrance!!!

Cloverer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    sama stack lah....
    did u get 3bder or 4bder?
    Got a 3 Bder.... low floor.. Park view akan Datang Waterway view

cl0ver Guest

Got a 3 Bder.... low floor.. Park view akan Datang Waterway view
    must be very close to me....

Unregistered_1100 Guest

went on the 1st day .... low floor ...park view .... was pricing at $750 psf ... don't understand how to get $690???

i iuv clover Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered_1100
    went on the 1st day .... low floor ...park view .... was pricing at $750 psf ... don't understand how to get $690???
    cannot be leh....mine stack 5 above 14 floor was quoted $731....

unre Guest

you probably got a bad agent.....
    i can only speak for stack 13 as most of stack 16 were taken on Day 1...
    in fact below 6 floor of stack 13 are all priced under $690 for sure.....

rush to buy Guest

Bro, stack 13 got afternnoon sun.....stack 16 would be a better choice..

Unregistered_1100 Guest

Cloverer ... who is your agent that serve you? from orangetee???

Sun Guest

Don't be old fashioned lah. Afternoon sun is fine and good for fengshui. And Singapore always rain one. Just close curtain for 1-2 hours will do.

Quote Originally Posted by rush to buy
    Bro, stack 13 got afternnoon sun.....stack 16 would be a better choice..

Unregistered_1100 Guest

Unre ... any good agent to recomend???

cl0ver Guest

if u look properly, the buildings are N/S oriented.
    Stack 13 gets evening sun on the master bathroom and your backyard probably gets the clothes dry faster. I dont think u get much sun from the balcony or room windows since its totally north facing.

Stack 16 may be popular with morning sun and marginally better parkview but its much nearer to the HDB on the right. The showroom appears to be bias-ly constructed nearer to the HDB on the left but u need to factor in the new St 25 plus BBQ pits, plus children playground... so that makes stack 13 further away from the HDBs..

anyways, bo pian.... on Day 2, stack 16 low floors only left floor 1 and 2.... too low for comfort.....units also marginally bigger, dunno why.... so pay extra for size and popular sun orientation.

Kaypoh Guest

Actually floors 4-6, the so-called "tree-lined" floors are very nice as well. These are the ones the same height as the tree canopy, so if you look outside, it's very green and therapeutic, and might be prettier than v high floors when you only see the sky unless you walk to the balcony and look down. Also, if get afternoon sun, these floors are least affected. I'm just a kaypoh Bukit Timah resident and many condos in bukit timah are below 10 floors due to low plot ratio - so I'm quite used to low floors. So if you can get lower floors at cheaper price, why not? Just sharing...

Quote Originally Posted by unre
    you probably got a bad agent.....
    i can only speak for stack 13 as most of stack 16 were taken on Day 1...
    in fact below 6 floor of stack 13 are all priced under $690 for sure.....

rush to buy Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sun
    Don't be old fashioned lah. Afternoon sun is fine and good for fengshui. And Singapore always rain one. Just close curtain for 1-2 hours will do.
    not old fashion, speaks from my true experience....my sis house where the living room is facing west...and when sunset....whole room was like an oven...don't under estimate the power of SUN......can feel the wall is buring.....not sure curtain will help and what if it not rain for a month?
    my rule of thumb when sourcing for property....Don't ever ever choose a unit directly expose to afternoon sun...