Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 313641465156575859606162 LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,830 of 1851

Thread: Clover By The Park, Bishan

Many condo have hanging laundry in balcony problem...Suay that only clover gets mentioned...

Quote Originally Posted by testtest
    Many condo have hanging laundry in balcony problem...Suay that only clover gets mentioned...
    Clover selected may be because it is easier to take a photo of the balconies there.

Quote Originally Posted by rymccondo77
    Clover selected may be because it is easier to take a photo of the balconies there.
    also showcasing many ideas on what to do with a balcony

They have taken down the boarding surrounding the river now. So you can walk right up to the edge of the river now. I must say it makes a very big difference. Got one part where they even specifically lay a line of stones across so that you can walk across. And if it has just rained, then there is still water flowing over those stones so you need to take off your shoes/slippers to cross.

My son loved it so much he crossed that small stretch several times when I took him there. lol

The "river" now looks much nicer. Its still more like a stream than a river at some parts, but the blend of greenery and water is nice. There's a lot of fish inside surprisingly, and I think there is a resident crane or even a family of them. They are small, but its very noticable when you see one gliding along the length of the river looking for fish to eat.

But now like no more updates on Clover By the Park liao. TOP already so no more interest? I still see property agents every now and then though.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldenfirefly
    They have taken down the boarding surrounding the river now. So you can walk right up to the edge of the river now. I must say it makes a very big difference. Got one part where they even specifically lay a line of stones across so that you can walk across. And if it has just rained, then there is still water flowing over those stones so you need to take off your shoes/slippers to cross.

My son loved it so much he crossed that small stretch several times when I took him there. lol

The "river" now looks much nicer. Its still more like a stream than a river at some parts, but the blend of greenery and water is nice. There's a lot of fish inside surprisingly, and I think there is a resident crane or even a family of them. They are small, but its very noticable when you see one gliding along the length of the river looking for fish to eat.

But now like no more updates on Clover By the Park liao. TOP already so no more interest? I still see property agents every now and then though.
    It's dangerous when the "river" level surges during a heavy rainfall.

am seeing more complaints than anything in the forum. what a pity.

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    am seeing more complaints than anything in the forum. what a pity.
    What complains?

Quote Originally Posted by testtest
    What complains?
    yeah, i'm curious to know what are the complains? got the link?

Mostly over small things, over other people's behavior, over the condo management lah. Some people have very low threshold of tolerence. Like I think got one person complain that he saw a couple spend the whole night sleeping on the deck chairs at the pool. (No free show, they didn't do anything, they just sleep there only).

Or stuff like on Christmas eve, drive back, carpark crowded, then complain got a lot of cars which don't have the condo stickers parked there. So, they couldn't quite find a place to park. (It was Christmas eve, and since then, the B2 car park also opened liao, so these days, its ok).

Or stuff like who are all the strangers being allowed in, management must be stricter (even though still got some people still doing reno), and sometimes got guests mah, so of course will have strangers. Think they wanted some kind of super strict security checking procedure...

Or stuff like like who were those people at the BBQ pit last night making so much noise, management should do something, etc etc.

My honest opinion, many of those are small things lah. For a condo that has over 600 units, my honest opinions are that the developer got the condo facilities just right. All the facilities are used often, but not so much people until you feel that it is super crowded.

It helps that the swimming pools are very big, so you definitley won't feel that they are cramped even during weekends. And they have so many BBQ pits, plus 2 function rooms. These are very well utilised. Weekend, it feels very lively. But because the condo grounds are so big, even when all 8 pits and both function rooms are filled, it still doesn't feel cramped.

I am biased of course, but I love the place. It has a lot of "ren qi" (liveliness). There is always people around doing things. Kids in the playground, people swimming, people in the gym, and at all hours too! I once bumped into an old lady going swimming at the lift (I think it was swimming). She was in a bathrobe going to ground floor, and it was twelve midnight!!! But yet, you don't get the sense that it is overcrowded.

And there are always lots of activities going on in the park just next door. People eating at the Macdonalds, with accompanying pop music (Its softer now after some residents complained though). Or in the mornings, where got old folks doing tachi and qi gong. During weekends where there are mass dances. Or just couples sitting at the river side, on the benches, on the wooden bed chairs, going all loovey dovey. Kids running around, people flying kites, etc etc.

When the New Year fireworks went off. The entire city facing balconies of all the units on both blocks were all filled with people watching the fireworks too.

Mostly over small things, over other people's behavior, over the condo management lah. Some people have very low threshold of tolerence. Like I think got one person complain that he saw a couple spend the whole night sleeping on the deck chairs at the pool. (No free show, they didn't do anything, they just sleep there only).

Or stuff like on Christmas eve, drive back, carpark crowded, then complain got a lot of cars which don't have the condo stickers parked there. So, they couldn't quite find a place to park. (It was Christmas eve, and since then, the B2 car park also opened liao, so these days, its ok).

Or stuff like who are all the strangers being allowed in, management must be stricter (even though still got some people still doing reno), and sometimes got guests mah, so of course will have strangers. Think they wanted some kind of super strict security checking procedure...

Or stuff like like who were those people at the BBQ pit last night making so much noise, management should do something, etc etc.

My honest opinion, many of those are small things lah. For a condo that has over 600 units, my honest opinions are that the developer got the condo facilities just right. All the facilities are used often, but not so much people until you feel that it is super crowded.

It helps that the swimming pools are very big, so you definitley won't feel that they are cramped even during weekends. And they have so many BBQ pits, plus 2 function rooms. These are very well utilised. Weekend, it feels very lively. But because the condo grounds are so big, even when all 8 pits and both function rooms are filled, it still doesn't feel cramped.

I am biased of course, but I love the place. It has a lot of "ren qi" (liveliness). There is always people around doing things. Kids in the playground, people swimming, people in the gym, and at all hours too! I once bumped into an old lady going swimming at the lift (I think it was swimming). She was in a bathrobe going to ground floor, and it was twelve midnight!!! But yet, you don't get the sense that it is overcrowded.

And there are always lots of activities going on in the park just next door. People eating at the Macdonalds, with accompanying pop music (Its softer now after some residents complained though). Or in the mornings, where got old folks doing tachi and qi gong. During weekends where there are mass dances. Or just couples sitting at the river side, on the benches, on the wooden bed chairs, going all loovey dovey. Kids running around, people flying kites, etc etc.

When the New Year fireworks went off. The entire city facing balconies of all the units on both blocks were all filled with people watching the fireworks too.
    Hi Eldenfirefly,
    Am thinking of buying a unit here for investment/rent out. Good to hear so many positive comments from you with regards to Clover. I was at the Clover showflat in Jun 2008. The showflat has nice big private foyer. However, we eventually bought the Amery (another Sim Lian project) as our parents didn't want to shift so far, having stayed in the east for so many years

Ok, I love staying there. But my opinion towards property market is that it is generally very expensive now already. So, regardless of which property you are looking at, even Clover, I am not sure if now is the best time to buy it.

Just my opinion of course. Of course, even if there is a correction, some properties might drop less than others. So ...

Aiyo, really trivial. I guess for guest parking they probavly could have managed it better. I can't stand those who complain over the slightest thing.if they want privacy and everything their way, they should go buy landed.

there was a funny one where some were complaining that the lambo owner was driving on sports more all the time....

Swimming pool should be closed at 10pm usually....unusual for anyone to swim at 12am?
    I am rich in debts...

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    there was a funny one where some were complaining that the lambo owner was driving on sports more all the time....
    how on earth did they manage to differentiate when the lambo isn't on sports mode??

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Swimming pool should be closed at 10pm usually....unusual for anyone to swim at 12am?
    Its not really possible to "close" the swimming pool. There are no fences around the swimming pool. The only thing is there might be no light. But Clover is quite bright even at night. And maybe she chose to swim by the moonlight.

I assumed she was going swimming, of course, maybe she was going to the sauna. Dunno. lol. I have seen people swimming till quite late.

Very nice view: http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...er-by-the-park

Sky Habitat is even higher right? I think the view will be even better!

They put up tentage at the park. Heard that PM Lee going to officiate at the formal re-opening of the park. Can see everything from my balcony. The Macdonalds there used to have this big balloon with the Big M sign on it, very prominant at night. It was recently deflated and taken down. Dunno whether they felt it was too commercial for the opening ceremony, so they asked them to take it down. hee. My kids noticed immediately.

Sunny day at Bishan Park.

Its not really possible to "close" the swimming pool. There are no fences around the swimming pool. The only thing is there might be no light. But Clover is quite bright even at night. And maybe she chose to swim by the moonlight.

I assumed she was going swimming, of course, maybe she was going to the sauna. Dunno. lol. I have seen people swimming till quite late.

maybe some people go wash clothes in the pool after office hrs?

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    how on earth did they manage to differentiate when the lambo isn't on sports mode??
    the noise from the exhaust my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringo33
    the noise from the exhaust my friend.
    I always it's just as loud. Maybe the ones driving in CBD has their sports mode permanently turned on.

Visited my cousin in Clovers... was told that she could see an opposite unit bathroom and clearly see the activities taking place inside... can tell its guy or gal taking a shower. She then realized her bathroom also similarly translucent/transparent to neighboring units so whenever she baths at night, she don't dare to turn on the lights...

In a dense place like singapore. You have to put blinds in the shower.

Yup like what my colleague said, Singapore is getting too dense for comfort. Migration is certainly an option if population hits 6.5mil... how many more people can this land hold?

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Yup like what my colleague said, Singapore is getting too dense for comfort. Migration is certainly an option if population hits 6.5mil... how many more people can this land hold?
    Is it so easy to migrate? I find it very hard to leave my childhood memories, friends and family (sisters, brothers etc) here and settle in a foreign land with my immediate family. The thought that my grandchildren and future generation will forever be in a foreign land is quite hard to accept leh.

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Is it so easy to migrate? I find it very hard to leave my childhood memories, friends and family (sisters, brothers etc) here and settle in a foreign land with my immediate family. The thought that my grandchildren and future generation will forever be in a foreign land is quite hard to accept leh.
    Uprooting is definitely not an easy thing indeed. Your grandparents/parents were also migrants themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    The grass would seem to be greener elsewhere. But it is not as green overseas as you think. I had friends and professional colleagues who "migrated" overseas (NZ/Australia) but are now back in Singapore. Most of those who went to Uni with me overseas are also back in Singapore.

Don't underestimate the bond with family/friends. Relocating overseas is a major life event. Involves home, family and job. This kind of stress can have hidden effects on your mental and physical health and also those of your other family members who go with you (including your spouse and kids). And of course you can't bring along the MAID and if you have relied on one you will have some major readjustment to do.

Nowadays condo design is like parallel blocks only separated by a 1m lap pool. Of course I see u u see me lah. Everyone wants to see swimming pool mah (albeit 1m lap pool). End up looking at each other windows and toilet. Last time condo design is like facing different directions and surrounding huge pool which means units are fay apart.

Quote Originally Posted by ysyap
    Visited my cousin in Clovers... was told that she could see an opposite unit bathroom and clearly see the activities taking place inside... can tell its guy or gal taking a shower. She then realized her bathroom also similarly translucent/transparent to neighboring units so whenever she baths at night, she don't dare to turn on the lights...

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Nowadays condo design is like parallel blocks only separated by a 1m lap pool. Of course I see u u see me lah. Everyone wants to see swimming pool mah (albeit 1m lap pool). End up looking at each other windows and toilet. Last time condo design is like facing different directions and surrounding huge pool which means units are fay apart.
    As Singapore braces up for 6.5 mil population, such buildings will be more common! Sigh! Hold on to your neatly spaced FH condos...