Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 30354045505556575859606162 LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,800 of 1851

Thread: Clover By The Park, Bishan

Agree. That's why the design is ****. Anyway our forum members had already spotted that the corridor was a waste of space and now their concerns are justified.

Quote Originally Posted by chiaberry
    Agree. That's why the design is ****. Anyway our forum members had already spotted that the corridor was a waste of space and now their concerns are justified.
    When I was at the showroom I was under the impression on 2 things. The wooden door is before this "common corridor walkway", and 2, the curve toilet frontage I fitted with clear glass.

I think Clover residents should group together and lodge a complaint/appeal to the developer. In no way can it be acceptable to put a metal grille at what on the floor plan looks like the proper entrance to the property. That should be the front door. Meaning a proper wooden door. So that the corridor is private and neighbours cannot peek in. After all you paid for that space so you should expect to have it enclosed and private from the neighbour.

Regarding the glass, I though only the floors overlooked by the HDB blocks have the frosted glass?

I think Clover residents should group together and lodge a complaint/appeal to the developer. In no way can it be acceptable to put a metal grille at what on the floor plan looks like the proper entrance to the property. That should be the front door. Meaning a proper wooden door. So that the corridor is private and neighbours cannot peek in. After all you paid for that space so you should expect to have it enclosed and private from the neighbour.
    Caveat Emptor

Sorry guys from Clover but I can't help but notice some guy from your forum pointing out something about the frosted toilet glass windows. If I recall, his nick is snowcapss. I quote him/her saying, "Was at Bishan Park last night. Saw someone bathing at blk 6. It is very visible. Can see every single movement..."

When I read that, I was like Wah-Phiang! He/she must have been using binoculars and ogling.

Ya, this guy posted on 11 Sep 2011 in the clover forum.
    Yee ha! Did I tickle your funny bone?

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    Sorry guys from Clover but I can't help but notice some guy from your forum pointing out something about the frosted toilet glass windows. If I recall, his nick is snowcapss. I quote him/her saying, "Was at Bishan Park last night. Saw someone bathing at blk 6. It is very visible. Can see every single movement..."

When I read that, I was like Wah-Phiang! He/she must have been using binoculars and ogling.

Ya, this guy posted on 11 Sep 2011 in the clover forum.
    is it because the lighting from the bathroom causes a silhouette to be cast on the frosted glass??

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    is it because the lighting from the bathroom causes a silhouette to be cast on the frosted glass??
    Yes. It can be seen at night. Frosting no use at night with lights on. On the corridor, imagine you come home on a stormy afternoon with your groceries, how are you going to make it to your main door without getting wet? dun think can install windows at balcony. Also wooden decking of planter not allowed and easily spotted by mgt.

Quote Originally Posted by fclim
    Yes. It can be seen at night. Frosting no use at night with lights on. On the corridor, imagine you come home on a stormy afternoon with your groceries, how are you going to make it to your main door without getting wet? dun think can install windows at balcony. Also wooden decking of planter not allowed and easily spotted by mgt.
    if you can indeed get wet at your own corridor on a rainy day, that should be considered a design flaw.

Quote Originally Posted by kane
    if you can indeed get wet at your own corridor on a rainy day, that should be considered a design flaw.
    Balconies can get wet, so open corridors no exception if not enclosed. Some more super high floor, so very windy and nothing to block the rain.

Balconies can get wet, so open corridors no exception if not enclosed. Some more super high floor, so very windy and nothing to block the rain.
    it's fair to say balcony's do get wet but most would think of either the backyard or the living room or bedroom balcony. if an owner needs to brave the rain going from the lift into his unit, that is almost unheard of in most places.

and besides this was a "common corridor" of sorts sold to the owners.

Well I guess when life gives you lemons you make lemonade, the area does have potential if landscaped tastefully.

Quote Originally Posted by howgozit
    Well I guess when life gives you lemons you make lemonade, the area does have potential if landscaped tastefully.
    Haha. Plant a lemon tree at the planter area. Can also plant chillies, lime etc for your kitchen use. But, seriously, if floor wet after a thunderstorm, will pose a safety hazard for elderly and children.

Bopian den install blinds first

Anyone got the fantastic view taken from the unit?

dun like this developer...
    i remember few yrs back there was some news about their tampines hdb with cracked walls.

Well I read that the middle stacks have hardly any sunlight or wind on their yard for drying clothes as the light and wind cannot penetrate due to the design.

Well I read that the middle stacks have hardly any sunlight or wind on their yard for drying clothes as the light and wind cannot penetrate due to the design.
    Alot of condos got such problem these days....kitchen and yard r facing air well

Seriously, hdb flats got much better design and layout these days

I saw the layout model at tpy hub, 2+1, 67sqm looks bigger den some of the 8xxsqft 2bdr condo

All their toilets and kitchen got windows....whereas condos....

Haha. Plant a lemon tree at the planter area. Can also plant chillies, lime etc for your kitchen use. But, seriously, if floor wet after a thunderstorm, will pose a safety hazard for elderly and children.
    Developer knew HDB mentality will creep in and the corridor will be kena makan by the owners anyway, might as well cordon it off with a grill and sell it as a balcony.

Give it 6-9mths, most of these indoor corridors will be have bicycles, golf bag, shoes, slippers, shoe racks, skate boards, etc. Pretty common stuff that u see in some of the HDB corridor or other mass market condo on common corridors that are FOC, but not this one....

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Alot of condos got such problem these days....kitchen and yard r facing air well

Seriously, hdb flats got much better design and layout these days

I saw the layout model at tpy hub, 2+1, 67sqm looks bigger den some of the 8xxsqft 2bdr condo

All their toilets and kitchen got windows....whereas condos....
    I agree. For me, the props I buy all must have windows in kitchen and bathrooms.

That's why for own stay I went for ressale condo. Although it has a pretty big air well but the kitchen and yard are facing outside in north-west direction. Wind and sun can dry the clothes quickly in the afternoon

I think the HDB will not have much wasted space ie balcony/planter/aircon ledge.

Quote Originally Posted by land118
    Give it 6-9mths, most of these indoor corridors will be have bicycles, golf bag, shoes, slippers, shoe racks, skate boards, etc. Pretty common stuff that u see in some of the HDB corridor or other mass market condo on common corridors that are FOC, but not this one....
    Oh well this Mass Market condo looks like catered to HDB upgraders. Since they are used to putting their barang in the common corridor, the developer made their entrance like the common corridor to make them feel at home in the new place straight away. Can migrate their common corridor things straight over.

Oh well this Mass Market condo looks like catered to HDB upgraders. Since they are used to putting their barang in the common corridor, the developer made their entrance like the common corridor to make them feel at home in the new place straight away. Can migrate their common corridor things straight over.
    so is developer 用心良苦, but here everyone condemn

Where is clover to defend her development?

She will say at 750psf u can't expect much

But of course if you buy at 1300psf you'll be having sky-high expectations...

It was a good buy at 750psf. clover sold out and is now looking for somewhere more central.

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    Where is clover to defend her development?

She will say at 750psf u can't expect much

But of course if you buy at 1300psf you'll be having sky-high expectations...
    no need to talk about defending lah bro....
    i got mine at 690psft and if given a chance again, i will still buy it at that time compared to Arte @ Thomson, Kovan Residences and Livia....

again, location is key as my unit faces the park even not knowing that it will be revamped. and if i was already living there, then i probably would not sell to move. the decision was made simple that it did not TOP yet, and someone offered me my selling price. interior stuff can always be changed with some renovation.
    i think the corner units are still to my liking. 180deg view bathroom, and long walk in corridoor. the ground floor is also very spacious for kids to run around. on hindsight, it was value for money at that time and at today's market

i wud have bot a unit there too if still got mid flr 10-20th flr facing park units left.....too bad i missed the boat

den during recession, i put in an offer for a unit(pool+partial park view), developer wun even barge a single cent

mei you yuan la....hehe

Its a nice development and will be my home soon! I am going to start renovation soon! Yes it was a lot cheaper when I first bought it at launch. But prices have gone up everywhere, so what to do.

It was a great buy then for the prices we paid at launch, hence now, a lot of us are moving in to stay. In turn this means limited supply, and those which are on the market quote sky high prices, especially for good facing.

Think about it, there's over 600 units, if a lot of people were selling, I don't think the price would have held up or even increased the way it has. Most of us bought it to stay, so there's not a lot of alternative if you want to stay in Bishan area. Especially if you are talking about relatively big 4 bedroom units. Everything these days are MM or quite small sized. So, sell Clover, if still want to stay Bishan, then buy where? The new upcoming Capitaland project looks like it will be even more expensive, and probably mostly small units also.

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    no need to talk about defending lah bro....
    i got mine at 690psft and if given a chance again, i will still buy it at that time compared to Arte @ Thomson, Kovan Residences and Livia....

again, location is key as my unit faces the park even not knowing that it will be revamped. and if i was already living there, then i probably would not sell to move. the decision was made simple that it did not TOP yet, and someone offered me my selling price. interior stuff can always be changed with some renovation.
    i think the corner units are still to my liking. 180deg view bathroom, and long walk in corridoor. the ground floor is also very spacious for kids to run around. on hindsight, it was value for money at that time and at today's market
    how much psf did you sell yours for? I do know that no one selling park-facing units apart from 13-13 asking for 2M (!! - somemore west sun)

In hindsight everyone is wise - I would have bought a super high floor (lvl 37) just for the height

Compared to The Arte, I would say Clover has appreciated much more so congratz

Quote Originally Posted by Eldenfirefly
    Its a nice development and will be my home soon! I am going to start renovation soon! Yes it was a lot cheaper when I first bought it at launch. But prices have gone up everywhere, so what to do.

It was a great buy then for the prices we paid at launch, hence now, a lot of us are moving in to stay. In turn this means limited supply, and those which are on the market quote sky high prices, especially for good facing.

Think about it, there's over 600 units, if a lot of people were selling, I don't think the price would have held up or even increased the way it has. Most of us bought it to stay, so there's not a lot of alternative if you want to stay in Bishan area. Especially if you are talking about relatively big 4 bedroom units. Everything these days are MM or quite small sized. So, sell Clover, if still want to stay Bishan, then buy where? The new upcoming Capitaland project looks like it will be even more expensive, and probably mostly small units also.
    cheaper alternative if you want a park-facing unit

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...han-park-condo

Erm yeah. Change a brand new just TOPed 1755 sq feet park facing condo unit for a 1550 sq feet, 17 year old condo unit ... my wife will kill me.

Quote Originally Posted by mantrix
    how much psf did you sell yours for? I do know that no one selling park-facing units apart from 13-13 asking for 2M (!! - somemore west sun)

In hindsight everyone is wise - I would have bought a super high floor (lvl 37) just for the height

Compared to The Arte, I would say Clover has appreciated much more so congratz
    its rare because most ppl buy for own stay...