Page 4 of 62 FirstFirst 1234567891419242934 ... LastLast

Thread: Clover By The Park, Bishan

URA PPI Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered
    You say falling. They say rising.

All talking cock. Talk is free.
    Of course talk is free. URA price index is also free.
    Q2 shows a small up.

RI Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BishanILOVEU
    Yes, zoned for residential and on reserve list. Definitely a much better site.
    Interesting.... why no developer bid?

XYZ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by home-run
    CLOVER BY THE PARK LATEST HOTTEST UPDATES!!!

TOWER 2 IS RELEASED FINALLY!!!

FANTASTIC CITY SKYLINE VIEW AND POOL VIEW FACING!!!

CHOICE UNITS AVAILABLE TO CHOOSE!!!

Address : 2/6 Bishan Street 25
    Tenure : 99 yr leasehold
    Land Area : 235,000sqft
    Units : 616

*3 BR / 3+study : 1200-1600sqft
    *4 BR / 4+study : 1700-1800sqft
    *Penthouse (Suite - Single Storey) : 3000sqft
    *Penthouse (Duplex) : 2500-3500sqft

2 Towers of 39 storey makes this new condominium the most iconic launch in Bishan to date. Located within 1 km to Catholic High School and with Raffles Institution & Ai Tong School in the vicinity, Bishan is an attractive location as an education hub. With the future Circleline(Marymount Station) coming up together with the existing Bishan MRT station, accessibility has never been so convenient. Junction 8, Thompson Plaza & Sin Ming Plaza makes shopping a breeze.

PRICED TO SELL!!!
    Bring cheque to book choice units before all units are sold out!!!
    Special Financing Scheme makes this project more attractive to buy.
    For more details,
    pls call me @ 81835132 OR
    visit my website at http://wilsonlimot.multiply.com
    Cheers
    Anybody knows what is the take up rate like after they launch all the 616 units over the weekend?

John Guest

An agent told me that about 300 units have been sold.

Clover Guest

Quote Originally Posted by John
    An agent told me that about 300 units have been sold.
    I thought more than 80% already?

Elden Guest

Have just plonked down the deposit for one of the units at Clover by the Park. Heart pain, but we really did like the place and it was vary fairly priced. We got ours at $730 psf which I feel is very reasonable.

Not all the units are going for the same price. There is a range.

Me and my wife went for the initial launch of the first block and the property agent told us $790 psf. That to us was a bit pricy and we left disappointed.

But we really loved Bishan and it was one of the few condo developments there. If not for the price, everything else would have been perfect. So, we went there first thing in the morning on the opening launch day of the second tower.

Got another agent this time, and this time, we asked specifically for the price of one of the lower floor units. (Actually 14 to 20th floor is not lower floor, but 4 bedroom units start from 14th floor).

We were already quite surprised and happy to find out that it was just around $730 for the unit we wanted. Tried to bargain it down a bit more, but I think they had already priced down the condo to sell already so they refused to budge. And while we were talking, the unit we wanted was taken up!

So, took the unit one floor up and quickly signed the cheque. It was already considerably cheaper than our previously imagined $800 psf. At some point, I guess we had to decide whether to just bite the bullet and go in and buy.

For me and my wife, given we specifically wanted somewhere at Bishan, attractively priced and nice condo units there are hard to come by. (We felt that BIshan 8 rooms was too small).

The place had everything we wanted. Near to amenities, near a nice park, big units, was in Bishan. We just couldn't be sure if there would be future launches in the area, and even if there was, whether they would be as attractively priced as Clover by the Park.

So, we plonked down our hard earned cash. I hope the property market won't crash too much after this. In any case, even if it does, I think for us, at $730 psf, it was already cheap enough. The key thing here that clinched it was the price I think. They had got the price exactly right. Honestly, I wouldn't have gone for it no matter how nice it was if it was priced at $800 psf or more.

The maintenance is quite cheap too. Lower than $200 per month, because there are over 600 families all helping to share out the maintenance. That's another big plus since such things add up over the long term.

I would have liked it nearer to Bishan MRT, but sometimes, one just can't be that picky. THere's 4 busses excluding the shuttle bus going to the MRT, so going to work should be fine. We might just take a long walk home from Bishan MRT after work just to get in more exercise. Goodness knows we probably need it! lol

Just sharing.

Unregistered12 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Elden
    Have just plonked down the deposit for one of the units at Clover by the Park. Heart pain, but we really did like the place and it was vary fairly priced. We got ours at $730 psf which I feel is very reasonable.

Not all the units are going for the same price. There is a range.

Me and my wife went for the initial launch of the first block and the property agent told us $790 psf. That to us was a bit pricy and we left disappointed.

But we really loved Bishan and it was one of the few condo developments there. If not for the price, everything else would have been perfect. So, we went there first thing in the morning on the opening launch day of the second tower.

Got another agent this time, and this time, we asked specifically for the price of one of the lower floor units. (Actually 14 to 20th floor is not lower floor, but 4 bedroom units start from 14th floor).

We were already quite surprised and happy to find out that it was just around $730 for the unit we wanted. Tried to bargain it down a bit more, but I think they had already priced down the condo to sell already so they refused to budge. And while we were talking, the unit we wanted was taken up!

So, took the unit one floor up and quickly signed the cheque. It was already considerably cheaper than our previously imagined $800 psf. At some point, I guess we had to decide whether to just bite the bullet and go in and buy.

For me and my wife, given we specifically wanted somewhere at Bishan, attractively priced and nice condo units there are hard to come by. (We felt that BIshan 8 rooms was too small).

The place had everything we wanted. Near to amenities, near a nice park, big units, was in Bishan. We just couldn't be sure if there would be future launches in the area, and even if there was, whether they would be as attractively priced as Clover by the Park.

So, we plonked down our hard earned cash. I hope the property market won't crash too much after this. In any case, even if it does, I think for us, at $730 psf, it was already cheap enough. The key thing here that clinched it was the price I think. They had got the price exactly right. Honestly, I wouldn't have gone for it no matter how nice it was if it was priced at $800 psf or more.

The maintenance is quite cheap too. Lower than $200 per month, because there are over 600 families all helping to share out the maintenance. That's another big plus since such things add up over the long term.

I would have liked it nearer to Bishan MRT, but sometimes, one just can't be that picky. THere's 4 busses excluding the shuttle bus going to the MRT, so going to work should be fine. We might just take a long walk home from Bishan MRT after work just to get in more exercise. Goodness knows we probably need it! lol

Just sharing.
    As long as you like it... There may be short term correction but in the longer term, you would not lose $, my humble view. Afterall, only paper loss, paper gain if for own stay. Congratulations!

Clover Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered12
    As long as you like it... There may be short term correction but in the longer term, you would not lose $, my humble view. Afterall, only paper loss, paper gain if for own stay. Congratulations!
    This link will be good news to those who have bought units at this condo, in PUB's ABC plan the canal beside this condo will be transformed into an exciting place to stay near to.....great for the family.
    Please refer to this link http://www.adb.org/Water/Operations/...op23August.pdf

Clover Bee Guest

Smile Clover By The Park

Clover by the park.........wow...how often you come across the word "BY THE PARK". Honestly, I dont think there is many park around Singapore and with the number of trees that are been killed daily around the globe, living next to a forest of trees really feel on top of the world. Speaking about on top of the world, if any of you guys are really keen to enjoy the world under your feet, you ought to look seriously at getting a unit at the Clover. From the satellite aerial view of the northern region, there is really not many apartment that can boasts of 40 storeys high. Moreover, given the extended ceiling height of this condo standing at a high and mighty 3.15M, it interprets into about 48 storeys of HDB apartment and believe me, the birds chirping can be quite deafening and literally you can touch the clouds. The stars in the night will look brighter and bigger given you are 128M above land....WOW.....WOOOOO

So, you guys out there who keep talking about property cooling off before taking action, maintain a cool head now and buy a unit before its too late.

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...86831,00.html?

Published July 8, 2008

Varying pace of sales at recently released projects

Most private homes register slower sales at the weekend

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

DEVELOPERS selling private homes had a mixed bag of results at the weekend.

Strong sales: The 99-year-leasehold Livia in Pasir Ris, where previews started last Friday, has chalked up relatively strong sales of 160 units

The 99-year-leasehold Livia in Pasir Ris, where previews started last Friday, has chalked up relatively strong sales of 160 units at an average of $650 per square foot (psf).

But sales were slower for most other recently released projects.

At Kovan Residences, another 20-plus units were sold at the weekend, taking total sales to more than 80 since the 99-year-leasehold project next to Kovan MRT Station was previewed at a private party on June 28.

The average price is between $870 and $900 psf.

Riding on the buying interest in Kovan Residences, MCL Land accelerated the preview of its 50-unit D-Pavilion, a freehold condo on Upper Serangoon Road slightly further away from Kovan MRT. It sold 10 units on Saturday and Sunday at an average price of $900 psf.

In Bishan, Sim Lian found buyers for another 59 units last week at its Clover By The Park condo, taking total sales to 254 since it previewed the 616-unit project on June 25.

The average price for the 99-year-leasehold project is $750 psf. Sim Lian also sold four units at The Amery in Telok Kurau last week, taking the total to 31 of the 78 units in the freehold development. The average price is $860 psf.

NTUC Choice Homes and Ho Bee Investment sold another 10 units at the weekend at Dakota Residences. The sales tally is 161 for the 348-unit, 99-year condo that is currently selling at an average price of $980 psf.

Commenting on the varying pace of sales, a developer said it is not unusual for transactions to taper off after the first weekend or two weekends of a launch, after initial demand has expressed itself and choice units are taken up.

Another developer said: 'I think potential buyers are nibbling. If they see a project they like and it's priced attractively, they'll go in. But buyers are very price-sensitive.'

Giving his take, a property consultant suggested: 'I've got the feeling these developers may be slowly pushing up prices; so demand has been tapering off.

'Once a developer has sold at least 30-40 per cent of units in a project, it may be slightly more comfortable with cash flow.

'It may then be prepared to sell the rest of the project at a slower pace if it can achieve higher prices.'

A more worrying reason could simply be that demand has dropped.

'People ask themselves: 'With all the global economic uncertainty, do I really need to buy a new home now?' said a market watcher.

City Developments Ltd said yesterday that most of the buyers at Livia are Singaporeans, while foreign buyers come from China, Indonesia, India, Malaysia and the Philippines.

Most people bought for owner occupation. The 160 units sold so far achieved prices of between $570 psf and $740 psf.

Prices start from $597,000 for a two-bedroom unit, $793,000 for a three-bedder and $991,000 for a four-bedder.

Hayden Properties starts to preview The Hamilton Scotts this week.

Prices are expected to start below $3,000 psf, though the average price is expected to be around $3,500 psf.

The freehold project comprises 54 apartments and two penthouses.

Un Guest

Just a comment on the number of balconies and planter boxes at Clover, or at Sim Lian projects (such as Amery)...I find that this developer loves to build a lot of these into the units.

No developmen charge Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Un
    Just a comment on the number of balconies and planter boxes at Clover, or at Sim Lian projects (such as Amery)...I find that this developer loves to build a lot of these into the units.
    Apparently, the developer need not pay development charges for these unusable space but yet they charge the buyer for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UnregisteredCCB Guest

I agree. This is the way many developers make money. KNS

Unregistered123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by No developmen charge
    Apparently, the developer need not pay development charges for these unusable space but yet they charge the buyer for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Care to explain your point?

Cheats Guest

That is correct. That is why most developers maximise the balcony and planter space - not use in plot ratio calculation as well. They can sell you the space at no cost.

Quote Originally Posted by No developmen charge

Clover Honey Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cheats
    That is correct. That is why most developers maximise the balcony and planter space - not use in plot ratio calculation as well. They can sell you the space at no cost.
    Wow with the new housing rates, will entice more buyers to consider this choice condo.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheats
    Well, you will be glad to know that there will be no more such nonsense in the future then. URA has removed the GFA exemptions for bay windows and planters in residential units (wef from Oct 08).

http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text/dc08-17.pdf

Developers' margins will be squeezed I guess... Also, I am pretty sure that there will be much less planters and bay windows included in future condo designs since they are no longer 'free' GFA.

Un Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BV
    Well, you will be glad to know that there will be no more such nonsense in the future then. URA has removed the GFA exemptions for bay windows and planters in residential units (wef from Oct 08).

http://www.ura.gov.sg/circulars/text/dc08-17.pdf

Developers' margins will be squeezed I guess... Also, I am pretty sure that there will be much less planters and bay windows included in future condo designs since they are no longer 'free' GFA.

Am still puzzled why developers are still building in the bomb shelter...

Clover Honey Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Un
    Am still puzzled why developers are still building in the bomb shelter...
    Clover by the park has no residential "Bomb Shelter"

cl0ver Guest

we were eyeing this one since the pilling started last year....
    used to live in bishan park condo further down so we know the area well....
    golf range... eateries... schools....

managed to close the deal on second day at $690 psft. And for under 1600 sqft condo, im amazed that maintainance only $165....
    nice park view, north facing.... cant wait for the water project to complete with some eateries at the park. In fact there is already a spa there and some fancy restaurants.....

i wonder why ppl complain about wasting space.... i love the concept of walking into your home passing a balcony... more light.. and breeze.....
    the backyard was huge as well and no bomb shelter but a decent maids room.
    and sim lian was generous about the ceiling and the main living room balcony...

Clover Leaves Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver

managed to close the deal on second day at $690 psft. And for under 1600 sqft condo, im amazed that maintainance only $165....
    nice park view, north facing.... cant wait for the water project to complete with some eateries at the park. In fact there is already a spa there and some fancy restaurants.....

i wonder why ppl complain about wasting space.... i love the concept of walking into your home passing a balcony... more light.. and breeze.....
    Can share your excitment.....
    Got one in the lower floor that overlooks the park and the upcoming makeover of the river water project. It about ending the day unwinding with the family at the Balcony in the quiet serene environment and waking up to the cooling morning breeze

Happy38 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Clover Leaves
    Can share your excitment.....
    Got one in the lower floor that overlooks the park and the upcoming makeover of the river water project. It about ending the day unwinding with the family at the Balcony in the quiet serene environment and waking up to the cooling morning breeze
    Also love it... but chose Dakota today.. just to be nearer to town.

Congrats!!!!! a Good buy.

Clover Bee Guest

Smile Price

Wow...$690 psf is very good buy. Was it a high floor and which block 2 0r 6?

cl0ver Guest

Smile

park view means block 2 lah.....
    what we did was went to the HDB next door and took the lift up to see how the park view would be on each floor.....

The HDB has 10 floors and i think Clover is probably 1 floor higher ground... so factoring the high celing... we just guessed that between 5-9th floor should give a nice view....

5th should just clear the trees and not see much of the HDB at AMK Ave 1... while 9th should be higher.. less noise... oversee a bit more of the park but get some HDB views at AMK Ave 1....

so we bought in between..... :P

Unregistered10000 Guest

park view means block 2 lah.....
    what we did was went to the HDB next door and took the lift up to see how the park view would be on each floor.....

The HDB has 10 floors and i think Clover is probably 1 floor higher ground... so factoring the high celing... we just guessed that between 5-9th floor should give a nice view....

5th should just clear the trees and not see much of the HDB at AMK Ave 1... while 9th should be higher.. less noise... oversee a bit more of the park but get some HDB views at AMK Ave 1....

so we bought in between..... :P
    I read the ST today. Clover has a big area for planter box.... now I understand how the developer is able to price so cheap.

cl0ver Guest

the planter is like a box hole in the ground... its not above ground... so i think if u dont like some plants.... u can cover it with wood panels...

cl0ver Guest

sorry, park view is actually block 6 not 2

BishanPark Watcher Guest

sorry, park view is actually block 6 not 2
    That's right, unblocked view will be from stack 13, 14, 15 and 16.
    Cheers

Illegal Guest

This is illegal. Need to get approval and pay govt development charge for that. Bear in mind, your developer did not pay the garmen for the space.

the planter is like a box hole in the ground... its not above ground... so i think if u dont like some plants.... u can cover it with wood panels...

Doomsday Guest

Fannie and Freddie: How the Fallout Could Affect You

By Ron Lieber The New York Times | 12 Jul 2008 | 04:37 PM ET

The stock market swoon over Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac this week has left many consumers scratching their heads, wondering if buying a home is a worse idea than it was seven days ago or whether to take down the “for sale” sign in the yard.

So now is a good time to step back and assess the landscape.

Thus far, the biggest damage has been mostly to Fannie’s and Freddie’s investors, though the overall stock market has recoiled as the companies stumbled. In the housing market, consumers are still moving into new homes, and people continued to close on new loans Friday.

But if you are shopping for a home or a mortgage or considering selling a home, you may wonder what will happen next if things get worse for Fannie and Freddie. Will mortgage rates rise, and home prices fall further? Could the troubles affect the rates you are charged for other loans? Answering these questions starts with a brief (I promise) primer on what the two entities do and why they’re important.

In the beginning, there’s a mortgage lender. It can lend you money it has taken in from deposits on checking accounts and certificates of deposit if it wants. But many lenders choose to sell most or all of their home loans once they make them, and then use the proceeds of the sale to make even more loans.

Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac are the buyers for many of these loans, which makes them crucial to the continued ability of companies to lend money to you and me for a house. Freddie likens itself to a wholesaler supplying a retail store: the retail store is a bank selling money.

Once Fannie and Freddie have bought enough loans, they turn many of them into bonds and sell those bonds to investors. Your mutual funds may hold many of them, something many consumers may just be noticing, after letting out a sigh of relief because they were not planning to buy or sell a home anytime soon.

The mortgage financing system hums along until Fannie and Freddie have trouble raising money to buy loans, or it costs them more to raise the money. And that’s what is happening now. “That increased cost must be passed along; it’s the nature of the beast,” says Keith T. Gumbinger, vice president of the financial publisher HSH Associates, where he has tracked mortgage rates for more than two decades.

The question then is how, if at all, any of these higher costs will be passed along through the mortgage lenders to consumers.

As of Friday, not much had changed, and mortgage bankers were putting on a brave face. “It is business as usual, and rates have held steady for the past two days,” said David G. Kittle, chairman elect of the Mortgage Bankers Association and chief executive of Principle Wholesale Lending in Louisville, Ky. He said the company locked in rates for one buyer and two people who were refinancing on Friday morning, as the stocks plummeted, and that the hand-wringing over Fannie and Freddie amounts to a “media feeding frenzy.”

Karen Shaw Petrou, managing partner of policy consultant Federal Financial Analytics, sees a remote possibility that mortgage rates could in fact fall. If the federal government took control of Fannie and Freddie, a possibility that the Treasury secretary, Henry M. Paulson Jr., seemed to discount in a statement Friday, the companies’ financing costs would probably drop some because government control suggests a government guarantee. Until now, the government has provided credit lines to the companies but stopped short of such a promise.

Many mortgage experts, however, expect rates to rise a quarter percentage point to half a point in the coming weeks. The average rate on Thursday for a prime 30-year fixed-rate nonjumbo mortgage was about 6.45 percent for someone not paying special fees known as points to lower the rate, according to HSH Associates data. That kind of spike wouldn’t be too unusual at a time when rates often rise and fall by at least that much over a period of weeks, for any number of reasons.

Over the longer term, a dysfunctional Freddie and Fannie could send mortgage rates higher than they would have been otherwise, relative to key market rates like Treasury securities.

For now, if you’re considering buying a house or refinancing a mortgage, and that rate rise is enough to make a difference, then maybe the deal is not affordable. “If someone is so tight that a quarter point kills a deal, they probably ought to be rethinking what they’re doing,” says Bert Ely, a banking consultant in Alexandria, Va.

For mortgage shoppers comfortable with loans at today’s prices, now is the time to lock in, or guarantee, an interest rate with the lender, which can effectively set the rate over the life of a fixed-rate loan. Given the current uncertainty, there’s always the possibility that lenders will be less willing to offer rate locks in the coming weeks.

Outside the mortgage industry, there is some concern that a further crippled Fannie and Freddie could make it harder for consumers to borrow in all forms. “There is a contagion effect. If investors in various kinds of loans get concerned about one kind of capital market, it can spread to other markets,” said Mark Kantrowitz, who runs the college financing site FinAid.org and saw this firsthand in student loans over the past year or so. “They tend to pull back from everything, not just their initial area of concern.”

All the consternation this week only highlights how much rests on the value of our homes and shows that loan pricing and availability can keep the value from falling further. “The implications run everywhere, through to consumer spending and state and local governments,” said Mark Zandi, chief economist of Moody’s Economy.com. “Anything that exacerbates the problem is very bad news. It’s just sticking a finger into an already deep and festering wound.”

Mr. Zandi said he thought the federal government would step in to stabilize the situation if mortgage rates rose much more than that quarter or half point.

The government might take any number of steps to buck up the two ailing entities. The bonds that Fannie and Freddie sell are held all over the world, by mutual funds and foreign governments. Any hint that those securities are in peril could further undermine faith in the United States economy, given that Fannie and Freddie were created and chartered by the American government.

In an election year, meanwhile, with the housing market already lousy in most places, the federal government will almost certainly do everything in its power to make sure that banks have continued access to Fannie and Freddie funds for loans to creditworthy home buyers.