Page 49 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1924293439444546474849505152535459 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,470 of 1851

Thread: Clover By The Park, Bishan

Hmm....so for 18 months

Aiyoh better not buy new car when moving in. A bit risky. Maybe the neighbours are rich ah-longs even. (collected all the $$$ from the HDBs to pay for their private condo).

Won't a lot of condos all face such issues? Its not like every new condo launches with 2 parking lots to 1 household right?

Quote Originally Posted by Eldenfirefly
    Won't a lot of condos all face such issues? Its not like every new condo launches with 2 parking lots to 1 household right?
    only those luxury prime condos provide more den 1 lot per unit

no $ no car lot

or go for older projects lor....some got plenty of visitor lots

I don't think Clover is sold out, still got 30 left? that means got some buffer...
    Also, i think the interim Mgmt Council should have the power to enforce things, otherwise, ppl will put all kinds of grill designs and do renovations that impact the facade of the location...

in any case, i have yet to hear an owner complain (or worry) about parking 2 cars. safe to assume all have one or none...
    only (potential) owners here singing songs...

I drove there with my family to the top of the nearby HDB multi storey carpark the other day at night. Now that a lot of the grounds are complete, and some of the lights are up, it looks very nice at night!

Actually, I am happy I bought stack 5. Although its partially blocked by blk 6 but still park facing, but on the other hand, it also gets the adult swimming pool view. The grounds are big and they look very nice!

Waiting impatiently for it to TOP. hee. Already went to see an interior designer and gave them the floorplan already. He is quite creative. I quite like his ideas.

People don't need to worry about the long corridor that comes with the unit, it will be utilised well. Just buy or build an entire row of mid length shoe cabinets, will look very nice already.

Usually, people are constrained by space, so they build or buy those monstrously high shoe cabinets. But for Clover, you can have lots of space, so don't need to get such high cabinets, then don't need to crane your neck or climb on a stool to reach a shoe at the top. Instead, a long row of mid height shoe cabinets will look great and be very functional instead.

And for peope saying you don't have so many shoes? Trust me, you can always use more shoe space! I have only a few pairs but my family more than makes up for the rest! Already, the current 4 shoe cabinets we have are filled out already. Don't forget, as your kids grow up, they will have shoes as well, and your wife will love the tons of shoe space because it gives her more reason to buy more shoes! lol

Clover by the Park very iconic in Bishan area. When you are driving around it, you simply can't miss it. Those two twin towers rise very majestically above all the surrounding, yet, because of its "clover" shaped design, it looks sleek and elegant, not blocky or squarish. I can't wait for everything to be ready, when the park, the ABC river project, TOP, and then our renovations, will all come together.

By end of this year, I will be having a nice breakfast in my new home on lazy Sunday mornings at my balcony overlooking the pool and the park! Can't wait!
    Last edited by Eldenfirefly; 11-05-11 at 20:16.

bishan loft is undervalued. one unit just done at 1035psf

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    bishan loft is undervalued. one unit just done at 1035psf
    Wow so high...how come u say undervalued

Clover gained about 30% since launch...

Isit a gd return...hmm

I seen the showflat in 09 but totally no discount given even during recession...steady developer

Bishan loft at 1000 PSF is undervalued? Considering that the people that bought the place mostly got it for under 500 psf, err, I think the seller are all laughing to the bank. lol

But this thread is about Clover by the Park lah, not Bishan Loft.
    To be honest though, when me and my wife were looking at Bishan, we also considered Bishan Loft also.

Problem was that at the time we were looking, Bishan Loft wasn't really available for sale. Unless special case, otherwise most of the people there were locked in. By law they couldn't sell.

That's why in the end, we went and bought Clover by the Park instead.

Actually, Clover by the Park prices have also gone up, its just that people are not interested in selling, so transacted units probably not a lot. If you want to stay in the area, there just isn't a lot of choices where it comes to condos.

Other than Clover, there isn't any new development in the area. Got one upcoming one I think, the one right next to Bishan MRT. But that land was bought for a really crazy price, and I suspect it will launch at an even crazier price. Suspect it will break the record for 99 year leasehold in suburban area when its finally launched. I heard 1500 to 1600 psf is the developer's breakeven price, so you can guess how much they will launch that for...

So, people who want to sell Clover got problem. They can't get any other place if they sell. Every other condo in the area is probably going for similar psf. So unless you want to downgrade, or stay in another area...

My family just visited Bishan Park last weekend. Though its not fully open yet, the ABC project is nearing completion already. Instead of the ugly concrete blocks of a longkang, you can now see the river forming. The area right outside Clover is especially nice and its very convenient because the bridge across the river is right outside Clover. Leads to a Spa, restaurants and the newly opened Macdonalds. My kids just see the Macdonalds happy already... (sigh)

[quote=devilplate]Clover gained about 30% since launch...

Isit a gd return...hmm

I seen the showflat in 09 but totally no discount given even during recession...steady developer[/]

At the time when Clover was launched, the developer Sim Lian already priced it to sell. So they refuse to lower prices even during the stock market crash in 2008. And a lot of the people who bought it, bought it to stay, so nobody panic and sell during in 2008 either.

Subsale for this will be very few. Most people probably like me, buy to stay. So the problem is, if they sell now, then they will end up paying just as much psf to buy other condos in the area.

there is 1 unit done at 1kpsf but there are many clover units done above 1kspf. so which one is undervalue ?

clover location is good but not as near to mrt compare to 3 other condos in bishan.

i think clover 30% gain is good. i was there at the launch and u are right developer very steady no discount thruout recession.

there is 1 unit done at 1kpsf but there are many clover units done above 1kspf. so which one is undervalue ?

clover location is good but not as near to mrt compare to 3 other condos in bishan.

i think clover 30% gain is good. i was there at the launch and u are right developer very steady no discount thruout recession.
    Hmmm, but i will pay higher den bishan loft....5-10% more

5% to 10% for being new ?

5% to 10% for being new ?
    Shd be 15-20% for being new but bishan loft nearer to mrt...so become 5-10% lor...both projects similar sizes

Clover already hit $1291 psft. please check URA. soon, to show $1303psft
    and i think asking prices now could fetch near 50% profit, just that some playing the TOP waiting game only....

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    and i think asking prices now could fetch near 50% profit, just that some playing the TOP waiting game only....
    I wonder y hit 1291 den drop back again....isit due to park and non park facing?

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver

Tats why I say bishanloft is cheaper n better yield. Immediate rental. ...
    Clover is high capital gain but now mbt cm4 kill the mkt. For investor is no brainer given capland 1500psf coming. Bishanloft more upside

It might be lower depending on market conditions. The sister plot beside it may also be made available.

With all the sentiments, I understand developers are in a hurry to sell. But I dun understand what's the hurry for buyers.

We are expecting further measures and yet it's selling higher and higher with a bigger volume? Strange signal and logic. Good luck if u are expecting more gains as commercial is also in the play.

Tats why I say bishanloft is cheaper n better yield. Immediate rental. ...
    Clover is high capital gain but now mbt cm4 kill the mkt. For investor is no brainer given capland 1500psf coming. Bishanloft more upside
    Bishan loft how much yield?

I tink capland gona launch 500,750,1000 sqft....

Let say 3bedder , 1.5mil....

Bishanloft got potential to go up to 11xxpsf

Wah, Clover got hit over 1200 psf? I thought mostly still at the 1000 psf mark. Anyway, each is different lah. Bishan Loft is older, and actually by the time you walk to MRT from BIshan Loft, makeup also melt already and will feel very hot.

Clover few will bother walking. Not when got at least 4 buses (excluding the shuttle bus) taking people to MRT, and its just 2 bus stops only.

Clover also has the river and park view, which is something Bishan Loft doesn't have. I think both are good developments, but I choose Clover because I could choose a good facing (bought it at launch), and Bishan Loft wasn't available at that time.

Also, Clover has bigger units compared to Bishan, which I quite liked at that time. I mean, if you upgrade from a HDB (which I am staying in right now) to a condo, and you end up in an even smaller unit, then it don't feel like an upgrade leh. I think the BIshan Loft units are about as big as the HDB flat units in terms of their size.

Anyway, I imagine most people in BIshan Loft also not really selling because if they want equivalent nearby, they will have to buy so much more now. So, unless they are looking to downgrade, also not much of an option, so they are in the same boat as the Clover people.

Investors will cash out....

Wats the yield at bishan loft?

Actually, I think even some people who just wanted to stay only, being tempted by the agents to cash out for Clover. I suspect some master telephone list of all the people who bought Clover got out. They are literally calling up everyone who has bought a unit, asking them since got profit, whether want to sell or not.

And for some people, the profit may be too tempting lor. Some may sell first, then only realise difficult to buy in the same area after that.

If it was investment, then question is whether now is a good time to sell. WIll it go higher? WIll it go lower? Seems like the property measures haven't really brought prices down much. In fact, prices seem to be continuing to go up...

HDB resale prices also holding very steady, like never drop at all.

But if you only have 1 property, selling it for a profit is very dangerous. What if prices keep on going up and never come back down to the current level you sold it at? You may end up renting for a very long time after that, or just have to keep renting already.

If you have 2 property, at least still got backup one to live in if you sell the other. I think Clover is a nice place to stay, but if for investment, then harder to say. Do foreigners want to take bus, then change to MRT every day if they don't have a car?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Investors will cash out....

Wats the yield at bishan loft?
    Actually, given the rent you can rent out Bishan Loft for, I would just rent it out if I had it rather than selling it. Considering the low base for people who bought BIshan Loft at launch, the yield must be ridiculously high now. Say you can rent it out for 3500, how much did people buy Bishan Loft for at launch? The yield must be ridiculous.

Actually, given the rent you can rent out Bishan Loft for, I would just rent it out if I had it rather than selling it. Considering the low base for people who bought BIshan Loft at launch, the yield must be ridiculously high now. Say you can rent it out for 3500, how much did people buy Bishan Loft for at launch? The yield must be ridiculous.
    Envy envy... Must hf gotten a above 20th park facing unit....

I went to showflat in 09, no discount n yet partial park facing only

Furnishing vy gd for mass market std

Toilet super big

Some foreigners will just take a taxi wherever they go.
    Actually, I think even some people who just wanted to stay only, being tempted by the agents to cash out for Clover. I suspect some master telephone list of all the people who bought Clover got out. They are literally calling up everyone who has bought a unit, asking them since got profit, whether want to sell or not.

And for some people, the profit may be too tempting lor. Some may sell first, then only realise difficult to buy in the same area after that.

If it was investment, then question is whether now is a good time to sell. WIll it go higher? WIll it go lower? Seems like the property measures haven't really brought prices down much. In fact, prices seem to be continuing to go up...

HDB resale prices also holding very steady, like never drop at all.

But if you only have 1 property, selling it for a profit is very dangerous. What if prices keep on going up and never come back down to the current level you sold it at? You may end up renting for a very long time after that, or just have to keep renting already.

If you have 2 property, at least still got backup one to live in if you sell the other. I think Clover is a nice place to stay, but if for investment, then harder to say. Do foreigners want to take bus, then change to MRT every day if they don't have a car?

Hee. Big toilet was one of the things we liked. Haha. Got an ederly living with my family. She went with us to Bishan 8, complain toilet too small. lol. The Clover toilet more than big enough, so she very happy. lol

Mine is not the best facing lah. We were still thinking very hard when the first phase launch of Block 6 happened. All the best park facing units sold out very quickly.

So, on the second phase launch of block 2 (the one nrearer the road), we choing there as early as possible, and booked one of the 4 bedder, park facing (though partially obstructed) units then. Block 2 was actually the block we were eyeing at anyway. Because we didn't want to walk too far to the road.

But I think even the park facing, partial view for block 2 should be quite nice also. Because it has the pool view combined with some park view, whereas the block 6 park view will not have a pool view, you can't have everything.

And if you buy super high floor, then you won't really see the park, not unless you are at the balconey and looking straight down. lol Its a different kind of view for high floor. Actually, I suspect that for super high floor (those above 30 floor), Block 2, city facing might be better.

Good point, no need above 10 floor for park view.

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Good point, no need above 10 floor for park view.
    Beware of flying objects

In the end, its still whether you enjoy staying there or not if you bought it for self stay. I mean, the price going up 50 psf or down 50 psf doesn't affect people who are staying and have no intention to sell mah. In the end, its still whether you liked staying in that place.

People who spent so much to buy sentosa cove may not enjoy it so much in the end. Its actually rather inconvenient, and given the amount of tourists on that island, its not like you have that much exclusivity either. I like Clover as a place to live. It has a friendly neighbourhood vibe there, near nice ammenities, and the park and river which is just a stone's throw away gives a serene sense of feeling.

So, you can get a certain amount of relaxed kind of feeling (like away from the city), but yet, you are actually quite near the city area.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    Beware of flying objects
    Haha ok ok, go for higher floor, windy,unblocked and no flying objects