Page 29 of 62 FirstFirst ... 49141924252627282930313233343944495459 ... LastLast

Thread: Clover By The Park, Bishan

Tall ceiling and long foyer! Love it.

den y dun be a proud clover owner today? Gd stuff dun last for long =) mkt gonna recover 2nd half of 2009 =) I'm sure the property sentiment will pick up next yr

The family of owners already have their own community already. Come visit!!

http://cloverbythepark.freeforums.org/

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by URA
    Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of November 2008

Project Name ....... Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    Clover By The Park . RCR ....... 1 ................................ 787 ................ 787 .............. 787
    Same same.

Default CPF Cuts

There's rumours that employer CPF may be cut again. Bad news

Quote Originally Posted by qianfugui
    There's rumours that employer CPF may be cut again. Bad news
    nice try... govt already ruled out such actions..

As mentioned above, there is a dedicated clover owners forum at freeforums.org.

The views there are real and sincere.

Clover is a good project, although I am not an owner (seriously thinking to buy), I think it has great potential at current (750psf) price.

A property will be "valued" if it has the following:
    (1) Demand - Clover is near good schools like Cat High, RI, Aitong. Demand will always be there.
    (2) Utility - Near HDB (some say low class), but actually it is very convenient, Prime supermart, 24-hr kopitiam etc
    (3) Scarcity - Where can one find a condo near such a big park like Bishan Park, with river makeover, next time even better !
    (4) Transferability - No doubt, all condos have this feature, even 99-year leasehold like Clover, it is not about the lease, but the location. Mind you no condo is more than 40 years... and 99-year can actually last 3 generations (as most people purchase when they are about 40 years old)!

The only negative in my opinion is that it is not exactly near MRT, takes 12 minutes to walk.

Quote Originally Posted by 2004civic
    As mentioned above, there is a dedicated clover owners forum at freeforums.org.

The views there are real and sincere.

Clover is a good project, although I am not an owner (seriously thinking to buy), I think it has great potential at current (750psf) price.

A property will be "valued" if it has the following:
    (1) Demand - Clover is near good schools like Cat High, RI, Aitong. Demand will always be there.
    (2) Utility - Near HDB (some say low class), but actually it is very convenient, Prime supermart, 24-hr kopitiam etc
    (3) Scarcity - Where can one find a condo near such a big park like Bishan Park, with river makeover, next time even better !
    (4) Transferability - No doubt, all condos have this feature, even 99-year leasehold like Clover, it is not about the lease, but the location. Mind you no condo is more than 40 years... and 99-year can actually last 3 generations (as most people purchase when they are about 40 years old)!

The only negative in my opinion is that it is not exactly near MRT, takes 12 minutes to walk.
    The location at Bishan is good! Anyway, pt 4 on transferability aspect,personal point of view is that if it is freehold property, it can attract a wider market in resales-this thus affects transferability.

Default Sofa in the Clover Show Room

Living-2.jpg

Hi, anyone know where to get this Sofa set in the Clover's showroom?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzer
    Living-2.jpg

Hi, anyone know where to get this Sofa set in the Clover's showroom?
    try iwannagohome at great world city. may not be the same one, but they should have similar styles.

Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    try iwannagohome at great world city. may not be the same one, but they should have similar styles.
    Hi Douk,

I went down there but they do not have the actual model (black leather).

As I plan on a Modern Classic theme, unfortunately, this model is a must have... saw it in Clover showroom and extremely love it....

Hi Douk,

As I plan on a Modern Classic theme, unfortunately, this model is a must have... saw it in Clover showroom and extremely love it....
    Anybody knows who is the designer for clover showroom?

Hi Douk,

Sorry for the wrong info.

I think this is a chesterfield sofa. the original design is quite expensive, can try millenium walk (i cant remember the shop name, but it is at the end of the harvey norman near electrical appliances), Le Mercier's, park mall, great world city 2nd floor, paragon XZQT, Barang Barang, da vinci, etc (these are the mid-high end furniture stores).

but probably there are imitations, can try furniture mall at plaza hotel, millenium walk at harvey norman (the furniture dept).

Or you can google chesterfield sofa.

It would cost at least $2500 even for "imitation" design

Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    Sorry for the wrong info.

I think this is a chesterfield sofa. the original design is quite expensive, can try millenium walk (i cant remember the shop name, but it is at the end of the harvey norman near electrical appliances), Le Mercier's, park mall, great world city 2nd floor, paragon XZQT, Barang Barang, da vinci, etc (these are the mid-high end furniture stores).

but probably there are imitations, can try furniture mall at plaza hotel, millenium walk at harvey norman (the furniture dept).

Or you can google chesterfield sofa.
    The exact same design is available at Furniture mall (plaza hotel), La Casa.
    Selling at close to $4000.

saw one last week at barang barang and its cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshinto80
    The location at Bishan is good! Anyway, pt 4 on transferability aspect,personal point of view is that if it is freehold property, it can attract a wider market in resales-this thus affects transferability.
    just out of curousity on pt 4 as well, were there any condos which were built when our nation became independent 44 years back? keep seeing pp mentioning tt no condos in s'pore > 40 years but r there any built ard tt time in the first place?

Default Leasehold vs Freehold

Quote Originally Posted by recca
    just out of curousity on pt 4 as well, were there any condos which were built when our nation became independent 44 years back? keep seeing pp mentioning tt no condos in s'pore > 40 years but r there any built ard tt time in the first place?

The answer is surely no, that's why very few people realise this significant different of leasehold/freehold feature, simply because noone has been affected yet, at least still very few.

But gradually people will start feeling the impact of this and I belive couple of years down the road it will become the major theme in the market and media (just like the current recession we experience).
    That's when many condos only have 20-40 yrs of lease left and people start counting this remaining lease as important factor in measuring the price.

Eventhough people are aware of what the 99 years lease exactly mean when they bought the property, but the painful feeling of seeing the remaining lease decreasing still can't be avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by freeman1227
    The answer is surely no, that's why very few people realise this significant different of leasehold/freehold feature, simply because noone has been affected yet, at least still very few.

But gradually people will start feeling the impact of this and I belive couple of years down the road it will become the major theme in the market and media (just like the current recession we experience).
    That's when many condos only have 20-40 yrs of lease left and people start counting this remaining lease as important factor in measuring the price.

Eventhough people are aware of what the 99 years lease exactly mean when they bought the property, but the painful feeling of seeing the remaining lease decreasing still can't be avoided.
    Hi Freeman1227, very well said and analysed. Even thought I cannot find any conclusive research papers on the freehold and leasehold 99 differences, seems that generally, people will like to have freehold property over 99year leasehold. I guess this is perception of normal human beings. I do think your view that gradually, people will start feeling the impact of the differences in remaining leaseholds as many HDB and other private properties get older. Right now still relatively young for our Nation.

Is showflat for Clover closed? Are they still taking bookings?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenshinto80
    Hi Freeman1227, very well said and analysed. Even thought I cannot find any conclusive research papers on the freehold and leasehold 99 differences, seems that generally, people will like to have freehold property over 99year leasehold. I guess this is perception of normal human beings. I do think your view that gradually, people will start feeling the impact of the differences in remaining leaseholds as many HDB and other private properties get older. Right now still relatively young for our Nation.

Right now I also see tendency that some people don't mind reselling their leasehold HDBs/Condos for break even, when their condos are around 10 yrs old. May be 10 yrs is psychological number to make the owner feel the pressure of time, knowing the remaining lease has decreased quite significantly.

But what about those in good locations?
    I mean if it is left with only 40yrs.. and developers want to redevelop to sell at even higher price, then .. developer might buy out the remaining 40yrs plus bonus .. so it really depends on where the 99LH is right?

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    But what about those in good locations?
    I mean if it is left with only 40yrs.. and developers want to redevelop to sell at even higher price, then .. developer might buy out the remaining 40yrs plus bonus .. so it really depends on where the 99LH is right?
    Bro,ur thought is right but not for 99LH which already reached maximum height limit and logically developers will not want to pay so many households in the development for en-bloc and redevelop to resell again...to think of it, we may live to see developments standing as long as 40 to 50 years in time to come...

sorry if this sounds stupid, but will Natura loft , the 40 storey DBSS looks better than clover by the park?

You are comparing apples to oranges. The baseline is already different and how to compare?

Default The tall Walls of Toa Payoh central

Quote Originally Posted by morgan kazan
    sorry if this sounds stupid, but will Natura loft , the 40 storey DBSS looks better than clover by the park?
    For those who think at 40 sty can see the city skyline .Flyer , Sail, Concourse etc etc . Here is a real damper .. Toa Payoh central itself has existing 10 blocks of 39 - 40 sty towers. Add another 4 42-sty towers at the Peak@Toa Payoh plus 3 towers of 39 Condo opposite the Peak@Toa Payoh.

At far end of Bishan really nothing for you to see or peak at the City skyline..

3 difference between clover and natura - foreigners can buy, facilities and security. how much more value does these 3 factors add together, it differs from person to person. Other then that, it's basically the same 99LH development.

anyways, clover city facing will be totally blocked by natura loft, which has a totally unblocked city view.

the other thing about clover is, the showroom is much much bigger then the actual unit. if you don't believe me, ask the agent to bring you go see the actual units which they are building now.

Quote Originally Posted by mezz72sg
    3 difference between clover and natura - foreigners can buy, facilities and security. how much more value does these 3 factors add together, it differs from person to person. Other then that, it's basically the same 99LH development.

anyways, clover city facing will be totally blocked by natura loft, which has a totally unblocked city view.

the other thing about clover is, the showroom is much much bigger then the actual unit. if you don't believe me, ask the agent to bring you go see the actual units which they are building now.
    "anyways, clover city facing will be totally blocked by natura loft, which has a totally unblocked city view."

Both Clover and Natural Loft at 40 sty tall are both block by the Tall walls at Toa Payoh central. Only Bishan Loft at 30++ by virtue it is away from line of sight of Toa Payoh central can see the City view and landscape. Check the street map for yourself and you will agree with me..

Quote Originally Posted by qianfugui
    For those who think at 40 sty can see the city skyline .Flyer , Sail, Concourse etc etc . Here is a real damper .. Toa Payoh central itself has existing 10 blocks of 39 - 40 sty towers. Add another 4 42-sty towers at the Peak@Toa Payoh plus 3 towers of 39 Condo opposite the Peak@Toa Payoh.

At far end of Bishan really nothing for you to see or peak at the City skyline..
    Add in 3 towers of 43 sty for the Sky@eleven , 2 towers of 36 sty - The ARTe by CDL, 2 towers of 36 sty for Vista Residence by Far East and existing Trellis Towers 33 sty - all at Lorong 1, Thomson /Balestier Rd (Orchard and Novena view will also be blocked).

Quote Originally Posted by mezz72sg

How do you know its much much bigger in showflat? You have got the detail layout from the architects and compare on site? or that you are the project manager on site that you can access into the site? Will a agent allow you to walk into a unsafe site?
    Or is it just a claim of your visual measurements that you "perform" when you visit the showflat?