Page 21 of 62 FirstFirst ... 61116171819202122232425263136414651 ... LastLast

Thread: Clover By The Park, Bishan

cloverian#15 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bishanloft
    What are your views ? I am thinking of buying Bishan loft or Clover. Just thought that Bishan loft is better cos' it is nearer to MRT, cheaper at $680psf compared with Clover's $790 psf. any comments???
    Always remember that EC will require better maintenance and replacement cost earlier. It is a open secret that EC are bulit on entry level Condo prices and that tells you about the finishes and materials. Clover comes in as mid-level condo construction.

Run a check on its main contractor and developer, this will make sure its a apple to apple consideration.

We had thought of Bishan Loft too, but we could not live with the thought of the built quality and the first buyers brought it at $400psf there abouts. The location is surely better than Clover - but must be high floor.

Just my 2 cents worth,
    smile.

Elden Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    taken from a blog somewhere;

The "BUY LOW, SELL HIGH" strategy not only brings higher return on your property asset, it also brings less risk since you buy low, and hence, less worries and more likely, a happier life.

The question therefore is not whether buying property can hedge against inflation, but when are lows and highs of the property cycles.
    I agree with what you have said. Plus, I feel that to properly be able to take advantage of this "buy low, sell high" concept, you need to have two properties.

If you only have one property, how can you buy low and sell high? If property prices are high, you sell at a high, yes, but then you have to buy another place to stay in, and you will buy high also. So you can't "buy low" at all. Unless you actually sell high, rent a place, wait until property market drop low low, then"buy low". I think most people won't do something like that.

Hence why I think if you want to "invest" in property properly, you really need to have two property. One that you can stay in, and one that you can sell as and when you feel the price is right.

finance planning Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Elden
    I agree with what you have said. Plus, I feel that to properly be able to take advantage of this "buy low, sell high" concept, you need to have two properties.

If you only have one property, how can you buy low and sell high? If property prices are high, you sell at a high, yes, but then you have to buy another place to stay in, and you will buy high also. So you can't "buy low" at all. Unless you actually sell high, rent a place, wait until property market drop low low, then"buy low". I think most people won't do something like that.

Hence why I think if you want to "invest" in property properly, you really need to have two property. One that you can stay in, and one that you can sell as and when you feel the price is right.
    Well say, both of you!

That link back to our previous topic, and encourage us to rent out our HDB flat, instead of sell it, so that we can take advantage of this concept.

Unregistered1 Guest

Cannnot lah. Must stay in HDB for 5 years or so, and then get prior approval. People who sublet the HDB while staying in a condo without getting prior approval are going against the law. There are people who do that - just dont get caught. Or else, if HDB is so cheap and gives such great rental yields, why don't you see rich people owning both HDB and condos and renting out the HDB? You can stay in the HDB and rent out your condo though.

From HDB:-
    The flat owners must satisfy the required occupation period for the flat before acquiring the private property.
    Flat owners and occupiers who have fulfilled the required occupation periods for their flats do not need to seek HDB's prior written consent before acquiring the private properties.
    The flat owners must continue to stay in the HDB flat after acquiring the private property. However, exception is made for those who have obtained prior approval from HDB to sublet the flat under the Subletting of Flat policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered14
    curious, i thought we cannot rent HDB and stay in private? seek ur advise!

Unregistered2 Guest

Extracts from HDB website under Subletting FAQs

Q: I own a private property and would like to reside there and sublet my HDB flat. Is this allowed?
    [ Home Owners > Subletting Your Flat / Room > Subletting of Whole HDB Flat ]
    A:

Owners may sublet their flat if they have met the minimum occupation period:

1. For non-subsidised flats (flats purchased from the open market without a CPF housing grant), flat owners must have occupied their flat for at least 3 years;

2. For subsidised flats (flats purchased directly from the HDB or from the open market with a CPF housing grant), flat owners must have occupied their flat for at least 5 years.

Flat owners who meet the eligibility requirements above and who concurrently own a private property, are allowed to stay in the private property and sublet the HDB flat.

However, prior approval from HDB must be obtained before they sublet the flat.

Elden Guest

Shouldn't say "cannot lah". Getting prior approval is not difficult. Especially if you have truely met all the conditions. It is "can! provided you meet all the conditions."

Still got around 3 more years to Clover TOP. So, I am sure many of us will have stayed in our HDBs for the required amount of time by Clover TOP already. So, if all the criteria is met, why wouldn't we be allowed to rent out our HDB.

Me and my wife bought our curent HDB from the open resale market. Plus we bought it with no subsidies. We took a bank loan, not a HDB loan. In all respects and purposes, our HDB is just another property, we don't owe HDB anything and they didn't subsidise us a single cent. So, if we want to rent it out in 3 years time, I don't see how they would have any grounds to disallow us from doing so when we seek their approval.
    Last edited by Elden; 01-08-08 at 14:58.

Unregistered xyz Guest

At present, I am renting out my HDB flat and live in a private condo. The procedure is to get a tenant for the HDB flat and then go to HDB area office to apply to sublet the whole flat. There is no need to get prior approval from
    HDB but you must make sure tenants are eligible to rent the HDB flat.

Unregistere Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered xyz
    At present, I am renting out my HDB flat and live in a private condo. The procedure is to get a tenant for the HDB flat and then go to HDB area office to apply to sublet the whole flat. There is no need to get prior approval from
    HDB but you must make sure tenants are eligible to rent the HDB flat.
    u can get tthe approval from hdb online. no need to waste time going down to hdb

Rental Rate Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistere
    u can get tthe approval from hdb online. no need to waste time going down to hdb
    Looks like alot of you have HDB rental experience. Able to share what is the rental rates? Thanks

location Guest

depends on location, u can see today straits times as a guide lor....
    used to be low $1000, but nowadays, lots of places can rent 4A for $3k.

Unregistered xyz Guest

Hi Rntal Rate,

Rental yield for my HDB flat is about 7% per annum. It is much better than
    selling the HDB flat because it is not possible to obtain 7% ruturns in high
    risk investment. In addtition, it is above the current inflation rate.

SeenClover Guest

Has anyone work out the progressive payment schedule in terms of % from now to TOP based on cash flow calculation that how much you really owe the bank at TOP or even before TOP onwards?

It is really impressive, the bank earns hell lot of money.

if not how the 3 local banks can make more than $500M annually... They sure win... we only win when market is good..

Unregistered 123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SeenClover
    Has anyone work out the progressive payment schedule in terms of % from now to TOP based on cash flow calculation that how much you really owe the bank at TOP or even before TOP onwards?

It is really impressive, the bank earns hell lot of money.
    Why borrow? That way you pay less too.

Hi ppl,

I forget my username in the Clover forum...how can i retrieve my username?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by clover
    Hi ppl,

I forget my username in the Clover forum...how can i retrieve my username?

Thanks

Hihi..ppl..i managed to locate the confirmation email sent to me....hehe..blur king....cheers

cl0ver Guest

quiet for 2 days? i guess everyone has gone to the new better controlled forum!

cloverian#15 Guest

I hope that is a good sign. We can post more over there with control and thus more informative than speculations and untrue bias remarks seen in other threads in here.

Worst is to have people calling others, names uncalled for.

We must still thank the admin here for the birth of the neighbourly ties in the new forum. smile.

wow Guest

The new clover forum got a makeover..... impressed that the owners are serious about their new home and are already communicating in a proper setup rather than cumbersome yahoo groups....

good job!

Cloverian#15 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wow
    The new clover forum got a makeover..... impressed that the owners are serious about their new home and are already communicating in a proper setup rather than cumbersome yahoo groups....

good job!
    Give thanks to the all-time-hardworking admin aka the Boss there. He made it happen and keep it alive!

another hdb condo Guest

been to see clover site, it has hdb all around the development, how pathetic. The mrt station is far away by foot and junction 8 nowhere in sight. Clover only gd for bishan hdb upgraders nt the kind of cndo to call an upmkt pte property.

Unregisteredzzz Guest

This forum seems to be infected by all negative remarks and irresponsible postings recently. What started off as nice discussions, not just in this one, is fast becoming a names calling, bashing comments and thought-less comments.

Do we still need all these?

another hdb condo Guest

buying a house is unlike buying a car. People need to knw the negative side of a project to allow them to make informed decisions. Some people seem too blinded by sales gimmicks to see the obvious. Being nice in the forum does nt pay 4 the serious buyer looking to see what negative, rather than positive comments, there are regardng the condo he intends to buy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregisteredzzz
    This forum seems to be infected by all negative remarks and irresponsible postings recently. What started off as nice discussions, not just in this one, is fast becoming a names calling, bashing comments and thought-less comments.

Do we still need all these?

Unregistering Guest

I think people need objective views to help them to make decision. Stating the facts such as it is not within walking distance from MRT, surrounded by HDB flats, will be good enough.
    There are many people who buy a unit there for the very 2 reasons which you think are the negative points of the development. Passing sarcastic remarks such as "how pathetic" not only don't help in decision making but it in an insult to those who already bought an unit there.

factor Guest

I think there are more factors to consider rather than price.
    The location is good and we all know that Sim Lian targets middle class families because all units are big and there are no 2 bedders.

Its just like Oleader Towers in ToaPayoh, not really walking distance to MRT yet there is a market for it.

Bishan is a nice area, with immediate access to the park and near HDB amenities. One can also enjoy many eateries along Upp Thomson Road..

HDB upgraders? well, even those new applicants have to buy HDB's at 600-700k, so we aren't saying that Bishan HDBs are going any cheaper....

What-a-fool Guest

Quote Originally Posted by another hdb condo
    been to see clover site, it has hdb all around the development, how pathetic. The mrt station is far away by foot and junction 8 nowhere in sight. Clover only gd for bishan hdb upgraders nt the kind of cndo to call an upmkt pte property.
    If you are not interested, please get lost.
    Nobody welcome your insulting negative inputs here.
    Didn't your mum teach you about manners?

CloverKaki Guest

Quote Originally Posted by What-a-fool
    Glad there is another forum where we can shared our view positively and developed friendship....

Totally agree !!

Unregistered8 Guest

insult begets insult, didnt ur parents teach u manners too?who r u to insult smeone's upbringing? U r no better in any way...
    Quote Originally Posted by What-a-fool

Unregisteredzzz Guest

There we go again. zzz...zzzz