Page 17 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2712131415161718192021222732374247 ... LastLast

Thread: Clover By The Park, Bishan

cloverian#5 Guest

Cool security

Quote Originally Posted by CloverCondo
    For security at my current condo, guest will be let in when the security clears with us. When the guest reach our block, they call us via intercom/video before we allow them to access the main lobby gate. Thats works fine with us. We can leave our door open and feel safe, leave our bikes unlock and feel secure.
    personally, i prefer just to have the security check at the guard house i.e the guest only need to register themselves at the guard house, the guard can verify with the resident before letting the guests in.

Additional security procedure like intercom at the building lobby to ask the resident to 'unlock the lift 'and surrender of ic are a bit too much lor.. one of our friends stay in a condo that have this kind of tight security and we really don't like to go to his house.. We kena lock out of the lift before because we exceed the time limit given.. we end up having to exit the building, call our friend again to unlock the lift..... To me, it is like going into some highly classified research facility in the building.

Note that there will not be any visual intercom in Clover, the guard will only call you through our normal telephone line.

CloverClover Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CloverLover
    Note that there will not be any visual intercom in Clover, the guard will only call you through our normal telephone line.
    Any idea if there is gate at the lift lobby?

cl0ver Guest

hey guys, why not bring all the conversations to

http://cloverbythepark.freeforums.org/

I have already registered myself at http://cloverbythepark.freeforums.org.
    Better discuss at designated website to contain all the info about Clover.

cloverian #15 Guest

I'm in the new forum too. Lets have more people joining that new site to reduce;
    A. Nonsense messages
    B. Gatecrashers posting
    C. Negative reports all the time
    D. Sour grapes
    E. Non constructive messages

But also sadly, we will miss the laughter from some funny post by you-know-who.

Smile.

ROGER !!!

Clover King Guest

I have already registered myself at http://cloverbythepark.freeforums.org.
    Better discuss at designated website to contain all the info about Clover.
    I think its better to continue this THREAD instead of going to a private one kindly created by our fellow Cloverian. Reason being, we can attract more Cloverian to join in our interesting and enlightening forum

Clovergo Guest

Agreed !!! Better to stay here for now and use the private forum when it is TOP. Btw, just join you guys as cloverian too. I'm on stack 3. Anyone on stack 3 too?

Quote Originally Posted by Clovergo
    Agreed !!! Better to stay here for now and use the private forum when it is TOP. Btw, just join you guys as cloverian too. I'm on stack 3. Anyone on stack 3 too?
    We can post here to attact new Cloverians and post there to create more constructive ideas.

So, what are the units remaining after you book your unit?

Clover King Guest

Welcome to you CloverGo....you have made the right choice. Here's a flavour of what type of neighbours you can expect to have....decent, civic minded, considerate, polite, caring and the list go on and on......

Just curious, after you have booked your unit, did u check on how many units are left?

Clovergo Guest

Told by the agent is 6/8/9/11 floor and more high floor were sold. Do I have any vertical neighbour in this forum?

cl0ver Guest

to tell you guys the truth, they are almost at 50% of the whole 616 units. I got conflicting results from 2 agents.
    Stacks 6 and 7 facing HDBs are the hardest to sell it seems.

Clovergo Guest

I'm still scouting around which bank to engage for my loan, is there any good suggestion? I notice that they use SIBOR or SOR rate. Is there a big difference between the 2 rates? Is SOR always higher than SIBOR? Which is more stable (less fluctuation ...)? .... pls advise ... don't know which one to go ....

I'm still scouting around which bank to engage for my loan, is there any good suggestion? I notice that they use SIBOR or SOR rate. Is there a big difference between the 2 rates? Is SOR always higher than SIBOR? Which is more stable (less fluctuation ...)? .... pls advise ... don't know which one to go ....
    Go check the other forum for kang tao from Cloveradmin.
    Cheers!

cloverian #15 Guest

We can post here to attact new Cloverians and post there to create more constructive ideas.

So, what are the units remaining after you book your unit?
    Agree. We can do both, and read from both.
    smile.

cloverian #15 Guest

Welcome Clovergo to the one big family here.
    SIBOR seems to be the flavour of the month and I think HSBC have a attractive one.

I guess you are the first in stack 3. smile.

cloverian #15 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Clover King
    Which stack and floor did you buy? If directly downstair, dont need to bother the ding dong, I just lower a basket to your balcony and you can pass me the Banana Cake. By the look of it, you must be a good cook and baker. Hope to be able to gather all genuine Cloverians for a "pot-luck" get together when TOP. This way, you can bake lots of cakes for all your lovely neighbours and I will fry lots of Char Bee Hoon with Abalone for all my friendly neighbour.

On more point to be proud of as Cloverians is that our THREAD in the site is one of the best that is most meaningful and useful for all of us cos we are all genuinely sharing knowledgeable information to help answer each other questions and concern. Keep this up and before the 3 years are up, we could either end up boyfriend/girlfriend, husband/wife, blood brother/sisters or clansmen................Go Clover GO GO
    I'm in stack 15, level 1X. Hope that we are close enough. I am not a good baker, just cooking for interest... but my kitchen pretty small and I guess I may have to borrow kitchen...smile.

I love char bee hoon wor.

Looks more and more interesting posts ahead, with plenty of help around.

cloverian#5 Guest

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Clover King

On more point to be proud of as Cloverians is that our THREAD in the site is one of the best that is most meaningful and useful for all of us cos we are all genuinely sharing knowledgeable information to help answer each other questions and concern. Keep this up and before the 3 years are up, we could either end up boyfriend/girlfriend, husband/wife, blood brother/sisters or clansmen................Go Clover GO GO
    Maybe future in laws... hahaha

Anyone got any idea why Sim Lian needs 3.5 years to build?
    I thought usually it's 2.5 years.

Cloverian 13 Guest

Hi Fellow Cloverians,

I got a unit at stack 13. I think it is disclamier on their end and will finish much faster as they are the developer as well as the builder so in terms of cash flow wise, they will want to collect money faster. Also I think the quality will be good as they deal directly with the sub con so tighter control.

cl0ver Guest

just to protect themselves incase unforseen circumstances.

Cloverian #15 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    just to protect themselves incase unforseen circumstances.
    I concur here. In construction terms, we have what we call incremental weather claim, that means the contractor can claim as such and thus have a longer period to TOP. But since the developer cannot do that, they will factor in more time to safeguard interest and potential lawsuit. It is purely a buffer they give themselves in this case.

Another thing to note though is that this is a 39 storey development, the deployment of crane and additional structure does take time and compare to a 12 storey development as in HDB case, it is at least 3 times more effort and manpower.

The guess is that TOP should arrive in end 2011.

Unregistered. Guest

Is this project near the planned funeral parlour in the Sin Ming area?

Unregistered118 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered.
    Is this project near the planned funeral parlour in the Sin Ming area?
    Oh no. Never think of it. Anyone knows??

Elden Guest

Its not that near. That should be nearer to Sin ming side, where Marymount MRT will be. That's why some of the condos near Marymount station are selling quite cheap.

cloverian#5 Guest

i think they didn't go ahead with the plan to build 'funeral hub' because many residents around the area complained

Currently, the funeral parlours are in those 1-2 storey factory buildings along sin ming drive.. It isn't far from clover but you still need about 5 minutes drive or take a bus to go there.
    Yah.. I think closer to the future marymount mrt.

Unregistered...... Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cloverian#5
    i think they didn't go ahead with the plan to build 'funeral hub' because many residents around the area complained

Currently, the funeral parlours are in those 1-2 storey factory buildings along sin ming drive.. It isn't far from clover but you still need about 5 minutes drive or take a bus to go there.
    Sorry not familiar with Bishan area... will clover be the main path if go to sin ming drive?

Unregistered...... Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cloverian#5

one more question: can see through the window from clover?

cloverian#5 Guest

clover is along bishan st 22 which is not a major road.
    To go to sin ming drive, you need to go across marymount road to sin ming estate.. If I remember correctly, it is pretty close to the bright hill temple.
    Anyway, clover is in the middle of Bishan HDB estate whereas the funeral parlours are in the sin ming industrial area.

As for whether can see sin ming drive from clover. I think it is still possible to see if you are staying high enough and facing the city. In any case, if you are high enough, you get to see almost all of the southern part of singapore, the few short factory buildings in sin ming drive will look insignificantly small, let alone noticing the funeral procession taking place in each funeral parlours.