Page 12 of 62 FirstFirst ... 278910111213141516172227323742 ... LastLast

Thread: Clover By The Park, Bishan

Quote Originally Posted by clover
    Hi..well said and fully agreed...I have also bought a unit at stack 5...people is saying CTE jam....tell me which Expressway NO Jam....the rule is the Govt is putting up so many ERP here and there now...and you think driving in S'pore can "ran" away from ERP...yes..only if you stay in Ubin..haha..
    As for Livia....price is cheaper no doubt..but think of location...next to TPE and "within" walking distance to Pasir Ris MRT...pls go see SMRT map and see for yourself..where is Pasir Ris MRT as compare to Bishan!! Bishan is just abt 10+min ride on MRT to Orchard. Cheers to all Clover buyer.

BTW...regret acting too slow..was oversea during the soft launch and miss out on the stack 16. Nevertheless, like stack 5 as much

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered000
    U talking cock? Livia not in HDB area meh? they are totally two diff project attracting diff crowd....if u working in Tuas, do u consider Livia?

hahaha...totally agreed with you..the only good thing about staying in Pasir Ris is you are near to Changi airport...btw..TPE is also jam every morning from Punggol to Pasir Ris...and if going by PIE...it will Jam fron Tampanies to Paya Lebar in the morning as well....Singpaore is now virtually Jam everywhere.....

i luv colver Guest

Hi..well said and fully agreed...I have also bought a unit at stack 5...people is saying CTE jam....tell me which Expressway NO Jam....the rule is the Govt is putting up so many ERP here and there now...and you think driving in S'pore can "ran" away from ERP...yes..only if you stay in Ubin..haha..
    As for Livia....price is cheaper no doubt..but think of location...next to TPE and "within" walking distance to Pasir Ris MRT...pls go see SMRT map and see for yourself..where is Pasir Ris MRT as compare to Bishan!! Bishan is just abt 10+min ride on MRT to Orchard. Cheers to all Clover buyer.
    cheers bro...we're 'vertical' neighbour....if scare jam/ERP...then don't drive lah....frankly speaking, the ERP at CTE did help to ease the jam a bit as compared to the old times....

Quote Originally Posted by i luv colver
    cheers bro...we're 'vertical' neighbour....if scare jam/ERP...then don't drive lah....frankly speaking, the ERP at CTE did help to ease the jam a bit as compared to the old times....

totally agreed...as long as "PXX" is around...one day the moment you drive your car out of your house..you'll kana ERP. .haha.. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Agent sabo king
    Agent Koh, are you an agent represnting Livia? if yes, pls give me your contact no...i'm yet to visit Livia and i will contact you when i'm there....pretend interested..let u sell 'koyo' for 2 hours and at the end of the day...tell u i'm already bought an unit in Clover and not interested in Livia...piss off...haha

yaya..post your contact here and your hp will sure ring 24/7!!!

i luv colver Guest

hahaha...totally agreed with you..the only good thing about staying in Pasir Ris is you are near to Changi airport...btw..TPE is also jam every morning from Punggol to Pasir Ris...and if going by PIE...it will Jam fron Tampanies to Paya Lebar in the morning as well....Singpaore is now virtually Jam everywhere.....
    absolutely....ECP is the worst.........

chang er (Moon Fairy) Guest

Red face Apollo 13

Quote Originally Posted by AGENTKoh
    People are simply mad paying so much for a condo in HDB area. Livia prices more acceptable.
    Agent Koh, you seem to complain lots about JAM. Why not shift to the moon and be my neighbour.There surely no JAM one......you are assured of exclusivity, no HDB, no JAM, no ...........

Unregistered23 Guest

That is so insecure. Might as well say you like you live in slum area, because it makes you feel richer than your neighbour. So important to feel richer than neighbours meh? So Clover is amongst poorer HDB, so you can hao lian to your HDB neighours as compared to exclusive private estates? This is 1st time I here this kind of logic. But if you need to feel more successful than others in appearance, then I guess Bishan a HDB public housing estate would suit you well.

In terms of traffic, west side is the best. West would include Bukit Timah, Holland, Upper Bukit Timah, West Coast, Alexander, Dover etc. Best traffic with minimal jam. For those think other area's jam as bad as CTE, I can confirm and chop CTE has the WORST jam. PIE and AYE is much better. But I guess if your main aim is to haolian amongst HDB people, then those areas above which are strictly private will be off your radar. Some of the FH condos in these areas are really quite affordable, if you look hard enough

Quote Originally Posted by Elden
    My 2 cents. Do you want to be the big fish in a small pond, or a small fry in a big pond? For me, I know I can't afford to live in or near the city where units are costing over $1000 psf. (At least not if I want a decent sized unit instead of super small one).

Bishan may have HDB surrounding it. But there is nothing wrong with that. It just means if you live in clover, you are the "big fish" in a small pond. I mean, just the height alone means you will tower over most of the rest.
    You also get all the amenities that they will build for HDB nearby. So all those coffee shops, clinics, etc.

Alternatively, you can choose to buy for the same amount of money, a super small, super expensive unit near the city. And everyone living there as your neighbours are going to be much richer than you!

So, do you want to live in a neighbourhood where you are the "small fry", where everyone is so much more rich than you and are going to look down on you? Or do you want to live in neighbourhood where you are considered "big fish", where you are probably richer than most of the other people. Where nobody is going to look down on you.

I don't want my kids next time to come back home and tell me "Why our neighbour got 3 cars? Can we have 3 also?"

Unregistered guy Guest

i was told single storey suite is impressive and it stands at around 3100sqft.
    someone here says its $779/sqft so that works out $2.4mil for a LH condo!! Wow!, that's expensive to me.

Few weeks ago, we viewed a FH landed house in Seragoon for $2.1mil. And it has a total floor area of 3500sqft. second hand though but still quite well furnished. that should saves us a bit on reno.

i lived in Sin Ming area for past 3 years and i love it!! i am also surrounded by many HDB flats and frankly, that is a good thing. Amenities are all walking distance. we spent most of our evening in Bishan parks or nearby reservoirs park. Clover is certainly a better location than serangoon.

Quote Originally Posted by penthouse
    There are 2 types of penthouse....
    38th floor which is horizontal penthouse... means it occupies 2 stacks that gives you 6 bedrooms!!
    and the other is the 39th + 40th floor which is the vertical penthouse..

sadly, all sold out during first day i believe.....

Unregistered* Guest

Quote Originally Posted by i luv colver
    Fully agreed. My friend brought a unit in Blossom where the amenities are quite far away....and has to drive out for lunch/dinner...for clover, everythings you need are just across the street....

Hello, want to die yah? There r Blossom pple in this thread ok. Got leasehold dont criticize other condo lah. No wonder your thread always got pple criticizing make fun of Clover....

Elden Guest

That is so insecure. Might as well say you like you live in slum area, because it makes you feel richer than your neighbour. So important to feel richer than neighbours meh? So Clover is amongst poorer HDB, so you can hao lian to your HDB neighours as compared to exclusive private estates? This is 1st time I here this kind of logic. But if you need to feel more successful than others in appearance, then I guess Bishan a HDB public housing estate would suit you well.
    I won't haolian other people. But I don't want other people to come and haolian me also mah. I am one of those that are planning to take a bus, then take MRT to work. So, the last thing I want is for people with lots of cars to come and haolian me.

Indirectly, this is called peer pressure. If you live in a very rich area (because all the houses there are rich), then you will feel peer pressure because everyone around you are constantly showing off their wealth.
    I grew up in HDB, and I like staying in HDB estate. So, I don't see anything wrong with staying in the midst of one, nor would I look down on HDBers at all! I don't see the need to flaunt one's wealth. And I don't really like others showing off either.

Its very different to live in a condo amidst amidst HDB estate vs living in Bukit Timah or at 6th Avenue. For me, I actually like staying in a Condo amodst a HDB estate. So, I don't understand why people say surrounded by HDB is such a bad thing. To me, that was actually one of the plus points of Clover!

harlow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Elden
    I won't haolian other people. But I don't want other people to come and haolian me also mah. I am one of those that are planning to take a bus, then take MRT to work. So, the last thing I want is for people with lots of cars to come and haolian me.

Indirectly, this is called peer pressure. If you live in a very rich area (because all the houses there are rich), then you will feel peer pressure because everyone around you are constantly showing off their wealth.
    I grew up in HDB, and I like staying in HDB estate. So, I don't see anything wrong with staying in the midst of one, nor would I look down on HDBers at all! I don't see the need to flaunt one's wealth. And I don't really like others showing off either.

Its very different to live in a condo amidst amidst HDB estate vs living in Bukit Timah or at 6th Avenue. For me, I actually like staying in a Condo amodst a HDB estate. So, I don't understand why people say surrounded by HDB is such a bad thing. To me, that was actually one of the plus points of Clover!
    amenities avail in HDB estate. But nowadays, HDB standards are quite good... not much difference from low end condos.

CloverBicycle Guest

Quote Originally Posted by harlow
    amenities avail in HDB estate. But nowadays, HDB standards are quite good... not much difference from low end condos.
    I notice the difference btw staying in condo and HDB.
    Just look at the bicycles chained at the void deck of HDB and those lock at the base of condominium.....even if the condo is surrounded by HDB flats.????

cl0ver Guest

wow, a lot of interesting posts...

first of all, AgentKoh is probably a buyer or agent in Livia, let him say what he wants. We all know Livia has more units than Clover.... and its cheaper because its all the way in Pasir Ris, where u get airplanes flying over you all the time...
    and its really not central considering if u work in the west or your kids go to local university. Its totally out of the way. Clover is right in the middle of Singapore so goin north, west, east south takes almost equal time....
    I think if i leave Clover and go to CBD, i will reach faster than Livia occupants because its just 5mins bus to MRT and another 20mins MRT.
    Livia need 10mins walk to MRT and a whopping 35mins to CBD.

next, i hear ppl complaining about paying high premium to live in HDB areas. If you go to all the recent launches, you will know that Clover is one of the cheapest psft compared to the rest. I mean, Kovan Res, Dakota, Woodsville, all priced above 800-1000 psft.

We all know raw materials has gone up and its hard to come down again, so ppl have to accept that NEW establishment will have to cost more. That is the premium of buying NEW. You can get cheaper homes buying old second hand. You can get cheaper units at Bishan Point or Gardens but its OLD not NEW. Some say buy old house and rebuild, and i did thought about it and was scouting for some landed around 900k but you will find out that re-building is no longer cheap because sand, materials all gone up! at least another 300-500k to build from the ground up.

I read AMK launching condo style HDBs around 600-700k for the 5rm flat.
    You can get clover around 800-900k for the same size, so why not when u get more facilities plus security but paying same conservancy rates. And you dont have all the crap restrictions from HDB. The last DBSS HDB will be in Bishan next to MRT. I would bet that it will be priced even higher so do expect to see 750k perhaps for a HDB.

Lastly, the trend is up. I'm lucky to get a park view under 700psft. I almost faint when i heard the Farrer Crt replacement having to sell above 1500psft for a 99LH. And if you think 600units is crowded, wait till you see how it feels having 1500 neighbours... major kampung!!!

Now, i'm happy to look forward to be able to come home, have dinner at local kopitiam and then up to my balcony having a nice glass of wine enjoying the breeze from the park and hopefully some therapeudic sound of the new river stream flowing by....

Cheers Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    Now, i'm happy to look forward to be able to come home, have dinner at local kopitiam and then up to my balcony having a nice glass of wine enjoying the breeze from the park and hopefully some therapeudic sound of the new river stream flowing by....
    Cheers......I can imagine by the time of TOP, children at the rivers makeover waving their canoe paddle to the parents in the Clover units holding their wine glass.

Unregistered9 Guest

Cool

wow, a lot of interesting posts...

first of all, AgentKoh is probably a buyer or agent in Livia, let him say what he wants. We all know Livia has more units than Clover.... and its cheaper because its all the way in Pasir Ris, where u get airplanes flying over you all the time...
    and its really not central considering if u work in the west or your kids go to local university. Its totally out of the way. Clover is right in the middle of Singapore so goin north, west, east south takes almost equal time....
    I think if i leave Clover and go to CBD, i will reach faster than Livia occupants because its just 5mins bus to MRT and another 20mins MRT.
    Livia need 10mins walk to MRT and a whopping 35mins to CBD.....
    Peace brother...No need to reply Agent Koh's comments with a tirage against Livia. There are also Livia owners reading this thread. Just highlight the positive aspects of having bought Clover BTP and likewise Livia owners also have nice things to say their purchase.

cl0ver Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered9
    Peace brother...No need to reply Agent Koh's comments with a tirage against Livia. There are also Livia owners reading this thread. Just highlight the positive aspects of having bought Clover BTP and likewise Livia owners also have nice things to say their purchase.
    no worries bro... i'm just pointing out the truth... no way on purpose to put down Livia owners.... rest assured CDL is a good developer.

Westerner Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered23
    In terms of traffic, west side is the best. West would include Bukit Timah, Holland, Upper Bukit Timah, West Coast, Alexander, Dover etc. Best traffic with minimal jam. For those think other area's jam as bad as CTE, I can confirm and chop CTE has the WORST jam. PIE and AYE is much better. But I guess if your main aim is to haolian amongst HDB people, then those areas above which are strictly private will be off your radar. Some of the FH condos in these areas are really quite affordable, if you look hard enough
    so many west supporters.... however, ppl i asked still avoid the west because they feel that the air is not that good.... close proximity to factories.. etc...
    but i did like Lakeshore just that its expensive at $900 over psft and darn far away....

The places you mentioned are not cheap:
    Bukit Timah - never cheap
    Holland - i don't even have to mention, just look at Farrer Court's pricing! and they arent even in Hollad!
    Upper Bkt Timah - too far thats almost like woodlands
    Alexander/Dover - pricey...

and not everyone lives in the west takes AYE. The Bukit Timah Road / Dunearn Road is just as jamed during peak hours plus ERPs here and there.

so, can someone from the west please let me know which are the new condos about to TOP or just TOP that is worth a look?
    Anything at $700 psft? I think hardly any...

Where is West Guest

I think he got it wrong. Holland and Bukit Timah are not considered West.
    Just look at the definition in this forum.

West and North West are:

District 22: Boon Lay, Jurong, Tuas
    District 23: Upper Bukit Timah, Hillview, Bukit Batok, Choa Chu Kang
    District 24: Kranji, Sungei Gedong, Tengah, Lim Chu Kang
    New 6 digit postal code in District 22 : 60****, 61****, 62****, 63****, 64****
    New 6 digit postal code in District 23 : 65****, 66****, 67****, 68****
    New 6 digit postal code in District 24 : 69****, 70****, 71****

Passerby Guest

no worries bro... i'm just pointing out the truth... no way on purpose to put down Livia owners.... rest assured CDL is a good developer.
    Clover is a bargain buy... but put things in perspective. Good buy if buying for own stay. Investment wise... for good rental... other areas might be better.

BishanRental Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Passerby
    Clover is a bargain buy... but put things in perspective. Good buy if buying for own stay. Investment wise... for good rental... other areas might be better.
    For rental, it would be better to buy completed condo. Immediate returns rather than waiting for new condo to TOP.
    By the way, anyone knows the rental rate for condo and HDB rental? Thanks

Prime Guest

Bukit Timah and Holland definitely to the west of SG. Just realised that the prime districts are largely skewed to the north west and run up the northwest. The DTL2 route is along prime districts that moves up the northwest of SG.

Quote Originally Posted by Where is West
    I think he got it wrong. Holland and Bukit Timah are not considered West.
    Just look at the definition in this forum.

West and North West are:

District 22: Boon Lay, Jurong, Tuas
    District 23: Upper Bukit Timah, Hillview, Bukit Batok, Choa Chu Kang
    District 24: Kranji, Sungei Gedong, Tengah, Lim Chu Kang
    New 6 digit postal code in District 22 : 60****, 61****, 62****, 63****, 64****
    New 6 digit postal code in District 23 : 65****, 66****, 67****, 68****
    New 6 digit postal code in District 24 : 69****, 70****, 71****

CloverWatch Guest

Anyone has the latest sales figure on this 616 unit projects?
    Has the price gone down yet? In the news ads yesterday, it is advert at $8++ psf which is contrary to report that the average is about $750.

Passerby Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CloverWatch
    Anyone has the latest sales figure on this 616 unit projects?
    Has the price gone down yet? In the news ads yesterday, it is advert at $8++ psf which is contrary to report that the average is about $750.
    Sales remain strong. Price was increased.

China mei mei Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Happy38
    Also love it... but chose Dakota today.. just to be nearer to town.

Congrats!!!!! a Good buy.
    Thank you! Since you will now be so near to my office... be sure to visit me everyday!

cl0ver Guest

definitely to stay.... i mean park view wor.... where else to find???
    i love the outdoor.... my previous choice was somewhere in east so can go ECP to run or cycle, but now Bishan park will have to do....
    i hope my kids will get into the schools around here so definitely long term view!

To reply Clover Watch, newspaper advertised prices from $875k per unit not 875 psft.
    Still got many units....
    Block 6 i heard 90% sold while block 2 moving slowly....
    Stacks 6 & 7 will be difficult to sell esp the lower floors as it faces directly HDBs.

Interested Guest

Is clover near the bishan mrt?

Sage123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Interested
    Not within walking distance. 3-4 bus stops away

Driver Guest

No. Must take feeder bus. Drive lor, but must warn u of the traffic and ERP though.

Quote Originally Posted by Interested

Interested Buyer Guest

how's sales over weekend?