Page 11 of 62 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162126313641 ... LastLast

Thread: Clover By The Park, Bishan

Clover King Guest

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Curious
    Yes yes ... should be going over the weekend.

BTW, what is auto cruise with self financing ??? Very new to me ????
    Auto-cruise self financing means the rental you get from your unit is enough to pay for the loan monthly installment......

AGENTKoh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Clover King
    Looks like there are lots of bullshitters in this forum. Some earning combine 20K , some 30K. Sure or not, if really earn so much, why buy Clover, should go and buy St Regis. I think these are all ppl with inferiority complex and like building castle in the air. I believe their earning must be in Ringgit or Thai Bahts.

Seriously, there are also lots of sour grapes in this forum who cannot afford to buy and out of jealousy, pray that prices will drop. Whats wrong with buying an expensive condo in the hearts of HDB. Not only can you enjoy the amenities, proximity of public transport and the convenience of marketing, you are seen as the elite amongst the estate. Like one said in 10 years time, our building will be the most modern and majestic within the whle of Bishan. Envy for all you want those losers who have missed out on this opportunity and KUDOS to all the proud owners. Go CLOVER GO
    A couple combined income 20-30K a month is very common now.

AGENTKoh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AGENTKoh
    People are simply mad paying so much for a condo in HDB area. Livia prices more acceptable.

AGENTKoh Guest

People are simply mad paying so much for a condo in HDB area. Livia prices more acceptable.

CTE jam is madness..... not even near MRT.

Livia - cheaper... bigger condo area....more facilities...20% cheaper.... nearer MRT.... go buy!

Elden Guest

Well, I like Clover cos its bigger and I like the Bishan area. Its not so easy to find new condo launch with 4 bedroom units that are over 1730 sq feet nowadays.

Livia Ulu Guest

Livia - cheaper... bigger condo area....more facilities...20% cheaper.... nearer MRT.... go buy!
    hahah, sounds like u bought Livia and trying to convince yourself that its a better buy than Clover?
    come on..... they are both different.....

If you have stayed in Bishan, you will know that Clover to Bishan MRT is just 3 bus stops away and there are 4-5 buses that passes Bishan St 22. Hardly have to wait.
    Since they will launch season pass for MRT and buses, it wont cost any more to hop a ride here and there....
    Not forgetting there will be a shuttle bus as well....

i think its true combined income around 15-20k nowadays, but to hit 30k its really top bracket liao....
    my agent told me some buyers were from en bloc homes..... so it appears there are ppl willing to relocate to bishan to face the park and chill.....

cl0ver Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chill
    KPE confirm has 16 gantries. Every KM one gantry.

You not familiar with the west/northwest? The chillout place are there. Greenwood, Sixth Ave, Portsdown, Gillman Village, Dempsey, Harding, Rochester etc etc.
    interesting.. i have never been to all those except Dempsey which i would regard more central than west and Rochester....
    the rest, never been.....

but my point is, some ppl from Livia may say Changi Village is a chill out place...

AgentKoh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cl0ver
    interesting.. i have never been to all those except Dempsey which i would regard more central than west and Rochester....
    the rest, never been.....

but my point is, some ppl from Livia may say Changi Village is a chill out place...
    Livia sells better than clover. The fact shows.

Clover is nothing but overpriced HDB flat. ... so much wastage in balcony and planter box. Developer pay nothing for them.. yet charge u residents.

Livia is resort style. Clover .. dunno what concept.

Bad traffic Guest

Agreed. The jam is pure madness, can't even move. The worst part is weekend is the same. It's stressful staying there. I guess for non-driver it's okay bah, but 3 stops to MRT also not attractive. I mean why spend so much time walking, travelling, waiting for buses, reach bus stop, walk to mrt from bus stop etc.? Driving is still the best, so most drivers will avoid this place. Non drivers also won't like the place becos so inconvenient to MRT. If rain then jia lat man.

Explorer Guest

Try to travel to other parts of Singapore and widen your horizon. The northern part of SG appreciates the least during the last boom. Going by masterplan 2008, the focus areas are the west, kallang, northwest etc. It appears most Clover buyers are the HDB upgraders/Chinese PR in Bishan who have not been much to other parts of SG. Not trying to say Bishan is no good, but sometimes it's actually fun/interesting experiencing other parts of SG, and there is a reason why Bishan's properties are still in negative equity and other places have gone up higher than 1996 prices. The East has the beach, the northwest has the central nature reserves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Curious
    Agreed with Clover King and buying a condo is not only for investment purpose. Go with your means and feel on the project, like it and buy it if able to afford.

Personally, love the area so much and still have not decide which unit to get.

Interested Buyer Guest

Think it is even more mad... paying > 500K for a AMK designed by private developers HDB. Might as well... buy Clover.

In any case... it is madness to pay anything more than 500K for a HDB flat....

Interested Buyer Guest

Thot 30K a month is already norm nowadays for a high flying young couple in their early 30s.

Unregistered123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AgentKoh
    Livia sells better than clover. The fact shows.

Clover is nothing but overpriced HDB flat. ... so much wastage in balcony and planter box. Developer pay nothing for them.. yet charge u residents.

Livia is resort style. Clover .. dunno what concept.
    AgentKoh, if you think Livia is better choice than Clover, then OK, nothing wrong with it. But please also appreciate other people's preference.
    It is ridiculous that you continuously bad mouthing others.
    I personally think that you should do a mental checkup.

Unregistered123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Interested Buyer
    Thot 30K a month is already norm nowadays for a high flying young couple in their early 30s.
    Just curious, how many percent of middle-class singapore earns a total of 30K per month?.

Clover King Guest

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Bad traffic
    Agreed. The jam is pure madness, can't even move. The worst part is weekend is the same. It's stressful staying there. I guess for non-driver it's okay bah, but 3 stops to MRT also not attractive. I mean why spend so much time walking, travelling, waiting for buses, reach bus stop, walk to mrt from bus stop etc.? Driving is still the best, so most drivers will avoid this place. Non drivers also won't like the place becos so inconvenient to MRT. If rain then jia lat man.
    True, the CTE is a bit congested and consistent slow moving traffic is common throughout the day but you tell which expressway, apart from KJE and TPE are not affected by heavy traffic. Moral of the story is buying a place of your dream is not determine by just the traffic condition and whether it is near HDB. I just dont understand why ppl do not see the positives of living near HDB. Not trying to be bias (just because I am a owner of Clover) but speaking from facts and these are:

1. Bishan is considered a centre location. With the circle line, travel to each part of SG is about the same time.

2. Being the highest condo in the vicnity give you that special edge. In comparison, if you own an apartment in Orchard, having the same condo height does not differentiate you from the others

3. Like they say in the kingdom of the blind, one eye jack rule

4. There are at least 6 bus services (to and fro) that passes the Clover and just about 3 stops away from the MRT. Not to mention there is a 30 minutes regular shuttle bus service provided by the condo

5. Statistically, the HDB in Bishan is considered more of the medium to upper class (only lost out to those in town and very close to the more matured Toa Payoh)

6. The developer Sim Lian itself is a Construction Company and they do not outsourced their construction to other contractors, hence quality and deliverables are more guaranteed, since their reputation is on the line. Unlike the other Developer, these are mostly outsourced to other Construction Co who doesnt give a hood about reputation and only interested in getting their pay at the end of project

7. In SG, how many parks are there where you can find a 40 storey condo just next to it, not to mention the refurbished "RIVER" just next to it slated for completion by end 2009

8. Although the price is a bit pricy (ranging from 690 - 877 psf), the upside potential is definitely better than those condo at the extreme end of SG e.g. Livia. Dont forget during the 90's Bishan 8 fetched $1000 psf and recent transaction involving the Rafflesia also manage to fetched about 850-950 psf

9. Advantages of proximity to HDB are important as it provide accessibility to ameneties (market, food court, shops, Singapore Pools, malay barber, banks, neighbour hood police, schools, bus-stop, MRT), which you cannot find in Orchard areas

10. The list can go on and on but I have to stop here lest ppl may think i am working for Sim Lian or OrangeTee

clover king Guest

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Clover King
    True, the CTE is a bit congested and consistent slow moving traffic is common throughout the day but you tell which expressway, apart from KJE and TPE are not affected by heavy traffic. Moral of the story is buying a place of your dream is not determine by just the traffic condition and whether it is near HDB. I just dont understand why ppl do not see the positives of living near HDB. Not trying to be bias (just because I am a owner of Clover) but speaking from facts and these are:

1. Bishan is considered a centre location. With the circle line, travel to each part of SG is about the same time.

2. Being the highest condo in the vicnity give you that special edge. In comparison, if you own an apartment in Orchard, having the same condo height does not differentiate you from the others

3. Like they say in the kingdom of the blind, one eye jack rule

4. There are at least 6 bus services (to and fro) that passes the Clover and just about 3 stops away from the MRT. Not to mention there is a 30 minutes regular shuttle bus service provided by the condo

5. Statistically, the HDB in Bishan is considered more of the medium to upper class (only lost out to those in town and very close to the more matured Toa Payoh)

6. The developer Sim Lian itself is a Construction Company and they do not outsourced their construction to other contractors, hence quality and deliverables are more guaranteed, since their reputation is on the line. Unlike the other Developer, these are mostly outsourced to other Construction Co who doesnt give a hood about reputation and only interested in getting their pay at the end of project

7. In SG, how many parks are there where you can find a 40 storey condo just next to it, not to mention the refurbished "RIVER" just next to it slated for completion by end 2009

8. Although the price is a bit pricy (ranging from 690 - 877 psf), the upside potential is definitely better than those condo at the extreme end of SG e.g. Livia. Dont forget during the 90's Bishan 8 fetched $1000 psf and recent transaction involving the Rafflesia also manage to fetched about 850-950 psf

9. Advantages of proximity to HDB are important as it provide accessibility to ameneties (market, food court, shops, Singapore Pools, malay barber, banks, neighbour hood police, schools, bus-stop, MRT), which you cannot find in Orchard areas

10. The list can go on and on but I have to stop here lest ppl may think i am working for Sim Lian or OrangeTee
    Missed out the 2 most important points

11. Maintenance is only $165 per month

12. The total land area occupied by the 2 towers is only less than 20% of the total land area. Which mean 80% are communal areas. Unlike Livia and Kovan, whose percentage are 50% and 65% respectively.

Unregistered57 Guest

Default to each his/her own

You have made your point clear on why you prefer all other condo developments than clover but please show some respect other clover buyers here. Don't assume all the people who don't share the same view as you have "no sound mind" . Everybody have their own preference, it is their money not yours, why do you care if they spend it on something you don't like?

Sour Grape Blender Guest

AgentKOh if you cannot afford Clover, then you can go buy a unit in Livia.
    I dun think the people who bought a unit in Clover bought because of the price.

BTW, Bishan is definetly more accessible than Pasir Ris to town and also less than 5 minutes walk to the AMK market opposite.

Passerby Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sour Grape Blender
    AgentKOh if you cannot afford Clover, then you can go buy a unit in Livia.
    I dun think the people who bought a unit in Clover bought because of the price.

BTW, Bishan is definetly more accessible than Pasir Ris to town and also less than 5 minutes walk to the AMK market opposite.
    AgentKoh, I know you are a sales agent at Livia. Each project has its merits... but each individual like different area and condo concept. Pse refrain from making too personalised comments. I like Clover... but the CTE jam pushes me away. Still looking area...

Passerby Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered123
    Just curious, how many percent of middle-class singapore earns a total of 30K per month?.
    Wah mann.... are you sure??????

I am super under paid then.

Passerby Guest

Quote Originally Posted by clover king
    Missed out the 2 most important points

11. Maintenance is only $165 per month

12. The total land area occupied by the 2 towers is only less than 20% of the total land area. Which mean 80% are communal areas. Unlike Livia and Kovan, whose percentage are 50% and 65% respectively.
    Be objective... on a area per resident basis.... Clover is very crowded vs Livia.

Very common?? u mean SGD or RGT huh?? Maybe u secret agent like 007 la..

Elden Guest

My 2 cents. Do you want to be the big fish in a small pond, or a small fry in a big pond? For me, I know I can't afford to live in or near the city where units are costing over $1000 psf. (At least not if I want a decent sized unit instead of super small one).

Bishan may have HDB surrounding it. But there is nothing wrong with that. It just means if you live in clover, you are the "big fish" in a small pond. I mean, just the height alone means you will tower over most of the rest.
    You also get all the amenities that they will build for HDB nearby. So all those coffee shops, clinics, etc.

Alternatively, you can choose to buy for the same amount of money, a super small, super expensive unit near the city. And everyone living there as your neighbours are going to be much richer than you!

So, do you want to live in a neighbourhood where you are the "small fry", where everyone is so much more rich than you and are going to look down on you? Or do you want to live in neighbourhood where you are considered "big fish", where you are probably richer than most of the other people. Where nobody is going to look down on you.

I don't want my kids next time to come back home and tell me "Why our neighbour got 3 cars? Can we have 3 also?"

petty Guest

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Elden
    My 2 cents. Do you want to be the big fish in a small pond, or a small fry in a big pond? For me, I know I can't afford to live in or near the city where units are costing over $1000 psf. (At least not if I want a decent sized unit instead of super small one).

Bishan may have HDB surrounding it. But there is nothing wrong with that. It just means if you live in clover, you are the "big fish" in a small pond. I mean, just the height alone means you will tower over most of the rest.
    You also get all the amenities that they will build for HDB nearby. So all those coffee shops, clinics, etc.

Alternatively, you can choose to buy for the same amount of money, a super small, super expensive unit near the city. And everyone living there as your neighbours are going to be much richer than you!

So, do you want to live in a neighbourhood where you are the "small fry", where everyone is so much more rich than you and are going to look down on you? Or do you want to live in neighbourhood where you are considered "big fish", where you are probably richer than most of the other people. Where nobody is going to look down on you.

I don't want my kids next time to come back home and tell me "Why our neighbour got 3 cars? Can we have 3 also?"
    life is short to worry about such petty issues

clover738 Guest

After visiting Clover, I crossed to the Bishan North Mall to take a look. There are clinics, dentists, coffee shops, hair salons, supermarket, tuition centres, convenience stores etc. It is true that Clover is within a HDB estate, and one may argue against the exclusivity of that area for a condo.

But at the end, I strongly believe these conveniences will count for a lot especially if you are buying to stay. I cannot imagine staying somewhere so exclusive but then I have to drive out to buy supper. Or when the children are sick you have to drive out somewhere to see a doctor. Then, again, I must be honest to say that I cannot afford that kind of exclusive area any way.

Look at the map of Singapore, and Clover seats almost right in the centre of the island.

So on the balance, I think Clover does provide the niceness of a private home, but with all round amenities, including great schools.

Passerby Guest

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by clover738
    After visiting Clover, I crossed to the Bishan North Mall to take a look. There are clinics, dentists, coffee shops, hair salons, supermarket, tuition centres, convenience stores etc. It is true that Clover is within a HDB estate, and one may argue against the exclusivity of that area for a condo.

But at the end, I strongly believe these conveniences will count for a lot especially if you are buying to stay. I cannot imagine staying somewhere so exclusive but then I have to drive out to buy supper. Or when the children are sick you have to drive out somewhere to see a doctor. Then, again, I must be honest to say that I cannot afford that kind of exclusive area any way.

Look at the map of Singapore, and Clover seats almost right in the centre of the island.

So on the balance, I think Clover does provide the niceness of a private home, but with all round amenities, including great schools.
    well said...

i luv colver Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Elden

Fully agreed. My friend brought a unit in Blossom where the amenities are quite far away....and has to drive out for lunch/dinner...for clover, everythings you need are just across the street....

Agent sabo king Guest

Agent Koh, are you an agent represnting Livia? if yes, pls give me your contact no...i'm yet to visit Livia and i will contact you when i'm there....pretend interested..let u sell 'koyo' for 2 hours and at the end of the day...tell u i'm already bought an unit in Clover and not interested in Livia...piss off...haha

Quote Originally Posted by clover738

Hi..well said and fully agreed...I have also bought a unit at stack 5...people is saying CTE jam....tell me which Expressway NO Jam....the rule is the Govt is putting up so many ERP here and there now...and you think driving in S'pore can "ran" away from ERP...yes..only if you stay in Ubin..haha..
    As for Livia....price is cheaper no doubt..but think of location...next to TPE and "within" walking distance to Pasir Ris MRT...pls go see SMRT map and see for yourself..where is Pasir Ris MRT as compare to Bishan!! Bishan is just abt 10+min ride on MRT to Orchard. Cheers to all Clover buyer.

Unregistered000 Guest

U talking cock? Livia not in HDB area meh? they are totally two diff project attracting diff crowd....if u working in Tuas, do u consider Livia?