Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Amery (Sim Lian)

Default Amery (Sim Lian)

Hi

did any of you guys visit Amery which has just been launched?
    any comments?

Just saw it today....at average of 860 psf, am not sure if that is a good price...but at Ipoh lane, the Versilia is going for 1000 psf....but again some smaller development at Telok Kurau is going for abt 800psf....so not sure if price is good...

But one thing for sure....it has one of the bigger units around that area....3 bedrooms are average 120sqm...pool is 30m length.....most units will have unblocked views

In my opinion, not a bad development....not just whether price is right...hmm.....

?? Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kurby
    Just saw it today....at average of 860 psf, am not sure if that is a good price...but at Ipoh lane, the Versilia is going for 1000 psf....but again some smaller development at Telok Kurau is going for abt 800psf....so not sure if price is good...

But one thing for sure....it has one of the bigger units around that area....3 bedrooms are average 120sqm...pool is 30m length.....most units will have unblocked views

In my opinion, not a bad development....not just whether price is right...hmm.....
    is this 99-year leasehold or freehold?

ER Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ??
    is this 99-year leasehold or freehold?
    Freehold.

Nice project but i have issue with the big yard/balcony at the back of the kitchen.

yeap that is a big yard/balcony....think they cannot decide whether it is a yard or balcony, cause it is accessible thru the kitchen and bedroom 3....strange...

However, if we could remove one wall of bedroom 3, then we could extend the area of bedroom 3.....have to ask the agent if this is possible....

Unregistered2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ER
    Freehold.

Nice project but i have issue with the big yard/balcony at the back of the kitchen.
    any more details of the development like location, facilities, etc?

Unregistered3 Guest

Can't do anything about the door to the huge yard...I asked liao. Can't een seal up that door or enclose the yard space, which is REALLY huge...

Unregistered3 Guest

It's a Telok Kurau Lorong K...within 1 km of Tao Nan...there's a pool, basement carpark.... no tennis court...pretty much what you normally find in new condos

I think the huge yard is going to be a BIG minus for Amery...looking at the floorplan..some yard are as big as a bedroom...why do we need such a big yard?

Default Re: Amery

I think the huge yard is going to be a BIG minus for Amery...looking at the floorplan..some yard are as big as a bedroom...why do we need such a big yard?
    actually i see the big yard as a plus leh, quite practical, besides doing laundry, can play mahjong and can be a nice cosy corner that overlooks the garden or the pool.

The other plus point is the high ceiling and spacious bedrooms. Some minor -ve points is maybe the kitchen cabinet dont have the slam proof feature and the pool width is bit small. I saw they have a gym also, but dunno how big is it.

Would you prefer to play mahjong in your back yard or at your balcony? I would prefer the balcony....Look at the floorplan for the 3 bedroom one...it looked almost like the size of the bedroom...the one at the showroom doesn't look that big cause the showroom one is a 4-bedroom layout...where the yard is smaller compared to the rooms.....

Overall it this development looks quite good...at least the pool length is 30m.....further down the road, the Palm Galleria...the pool length is 9m??

Anyone knows how many units sold?? first sat they sold 11 units.....

Default Re: Amery

Would you prefer to play mahjong in your back yard or at your balcony? I would prefer the balcony....Look at the floorplan for the 3 bedroom one...it looked almost like the size of the bedroom...the one at the showroom doesn't look that big cause the showroom one is a 4-bedroom layout...where the yard is smaller compared to the rooms.....

Overall it this development looks quite good...at least the pool length is 30m.....further down the road, the Palm Galleria...the pool length is 9m??

Anyone knows how many units sold?? first sat they sold 11 units.....
    wah piang! 9m how to swim? haha

today straits time reported that it sold 16 units out of 39 units launched during the weekend out of a total 78 units. Maybe the crowd were drawn to the buzz at the dakota residence, I went there to take a look as well during the weekend, so crowded.

ocean Guest

i think big yard/balcony in kitchen is a standard layout of sim lian's projects..

Unregistered3 Guest

In this day and age where the space we live in is so small...I prefer a smaller/effcient yard...just sufficient for laundry etc...

the bigger the space, the more one have to pay

Default Not too bad.

I guess it's quite a nice project. Rather similar to the neighbouring Poshgrove. Layout was pretty good, and the high ceiling's really a plus point. But the pricing a little steep for a development of it's location. Would rather get a unit at Poshgrove, TOP earlier as welll.

anyone knows how is Amery selling?
    i went to the other sim lian project 'clover' at bishan this evening, it was so crowded! clover is more mass (600 units) while amery is more exclusive (76 units) but clover has the bishan park view while amery doesn't have much view to offer.

the furnishing is the same as what i've seen in Amery, dunno if it's typical of Sim Lian, but somehow they dont state the brand of the taps, aircon that will be used in the project. I've been to others projects and they will usually tell you specifically the brand they will use.

vino Guest

Quote Originally Posted by abyss
    anyone knows how is Amery selling?
    i went to the other sim lian project 'clover' at bishan this evening, it was so crowded! clover is more mass (600 units) while amery is more exclusive (76 units) but clover has the bishan park view while amery doesn't have much view to offer.

the furnishing is the same as what i've seen in Amery, dunno if it's typical of Sim Lian, but somehow they dont state the brand of the taps, aircon that will be used in the project. I've been to others projects and they will usually tell you specifically the brand they will use.
    Amery sold 22 units out of 78 as of 28/6/08....agent told me price is sticky.

SMGN Guest

No wonder bad performance. 9m pool can't accomodate 3 persons. Small development, no facility, no character, looks like factory, cramped area which lacks privacy/exclusivity. Who would buy?

Quote Originally Posted by vino

Quote Originally Posted by SMGN
    No wonder bad performance. 9m pool can't accomodate 3 persons. Small development, no facility, no character, looks like factory, cramped area which lacks privacy/exclusivity. Who would buy?
    No lah, 9m was referring to Palm Galleria, Amery pool is 33m.

sticky, meaning price not negoitiable?
    the % of units sold is a far cry from their clover project.
    For Amery they were offering 15%+5% during the initially launch, not sure if they will lower down the price now.

Quote Originally Posted by SMGN
    I would buy if the price is better....for one the units are of bigger size compared to many developments. Well at least when I walked into the rooms it actually felt spacious...the high ceiling helps I guess......

registered Guest

No lah, 9m was referring to Palm Galleria, Amery pool is 33m.
    since when does the sale performance of a project is directly linked to the size of the pool. There are so many factors to be considered and the size of a pool is, to be frank, the least of my concerns.

registered also Guest

Quote Originally Posted by registered
    since when does the sale performance of a project is directly linked to the size of the pool. There are so many factors to be considered and the size of a pool is, to be frank, the least of my concerns.
    The main reason why this is not attractive to me is becoz it has a HUGE yard and it is only one of the many many smallish apts/condos along Telok Kurau...which doesn't has an identity...too rojak with landed and apts...

small units for small families

vino Guest

sticky, meaning price not negoitiable?
    the % of units sold is a far cry from their clover project.
    For Amery they were offering 15%+5% during the initially launch, not sure if they will lower down the price now.
    Price is non negotiable at least for now.

What do you mean by 15%+5%? U mean Downpayment?

Price is non negotiable at least for now.

What do you mean by 15%+5%? U mean Downpayment?

If I remember correct, the price quoted is already 15% discount off the initial launch price and they give additional 5% off.

If they are not lowering the price and the sale is not moving, wonder what they will do.

Those agents in charge of Amery probably envy their colleagues stationed in Clover since the latter is selling like hot cakes

registered Guest

If I remember correct, the price quoted is already 15% discount off the initial launch price and they give additional 5% off.

If they are not lowering the price and the sale is not moving, wonder what they will do.

Those agents in charge of Amery probably envy their colleagues stationed in Clover since the latter is selling like hot cakes
    To put things into perspectives... Amery is one of the many projects launched in Telok Kurau recently while clover is the first major one in Bishan this year.... The fuzz will dies off in Clover soon once ppl get over the inital "you buy, i also better buy" sentiment....

vino Guest

Do you mean at 860psf is the price after the 15%+5% discount? The agent did not mention this at all.

Unregistered3 Guest

Do you mean at 860psf is the price after the 15%+5% discount? The agent did not mention this at all.
    Yes...price at ave $860psf is AFTER all the discounts. For the 4bdr (prime stack)...it is slightly more than $900psf