Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Amery (Sim Lian)

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    Eh...dun think $1.5M can buy any decent landed there liao. What I mean by decent is brand new or at least only a few years old type.

Went wif a friend the other day to see a landed in TK on sale. It is at least 20 yrs old (I think), very run down, and asking is $1.9M (neg)!
    why is living in a landed property better? No facilities, tons of mosquitoes, and besides no foreigners can buy them and therefore limited upside potential. I would never buy a landed property in Singapore. just a pathetic living condition. hot as hell, and very very dark in many rooms.

i think a few are in TK or nearby too but penthouse wor. but if sodan wants really brand brand new then can't help it liao.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    so basically the conclusion is there are much better buys elsewhere for 1.5 mil than an apartment at TK

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    punch in your criteria on propertyguru, end up can even get penthouses:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...-for-sale-1-6m

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...sale-d-saville

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...r-sale-d-focus <---1.8m but try your luck and offer 1.6m maybe can done also?

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...-sale-the-bale 1.3m only

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...sale-east-mews 1.65m

so many choices, all so nice penthouses.
    go for the 1st listing! So nice! Heck care Joo chiat...Just Wheck!

the pool looks long enuff for me too...not as puny as many others in tat vicinity

pictures can be deceiving. for resale, should just go down and view all the units and get a feel, then choose one.

oops, suddenly, we made sim lian's 4 bedder seem not so attractive liao.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate

the pool looks long enuff for me too...not as puny as many others in tat vicinity

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    why is living in a landed property better? No facilities, tons of mosquitoes, and besides no foreigners can buy them and therefore limited upside potential. I would never buy a landed property in Singapore. just a pathetic living condition. hot as hell, and very very dark in many rooms.

as a singaporean...i have 2 privileges ..

1. to buy HDB first hand ( whihc i missed it totally)
    2. to buy landed

so i would encourage all locals to exercise that right to buy landed ...

But it's close to Joo Chiat area leh, if say next time I need to resale the unit dunno whether got appreciation or not. Just worried no gain is charm but holding a property in depreciation value is die die lo....

Side topic,
    I don't understand why property in S'pore can sometimes end up with depreciation in value at time of selling(except of economic downturn).

Anyone worry of the property they bought may face chance of depreciation in value in future? Is that the risky in buying property in S'pore?

Usually most property in other country, like Australia, the property market is hot there too, but chance of depreciation in value is almost NIL. I think most property invested in SHOULD appreciate in value over times.

Thanks for the effort ah, Bargain Hunter!! =)

Some of them is very impressive. I prefer new one de lah... What I'm worried is, say for those more than 3 years and above condos, the facilities has began to worn and tear down... I'm also scared of whether is a hunted condo or not..... aiyah..... so many worries.... ;(

This house hunt really make people CRAZY... day by day...

punch in your criteria on propertyguru, end up can even get penthouses:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...-for-sale-1-6m

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...sale-d-saville

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...r-sale-d-focus <---1.8m but try your luck and offer 1.6m maybe can done also?

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...-sale-the-bale 1.3m only

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...sale-east-mews 1.65m

so many choices, all so nice penthouses.

OK~~ No problem de la...

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    apologies, didn't realize my mistake. should be last year's march, i.e. 2009

slowly hunt lor..but dun ended up paying more later

New unit also can be haunted u know. U also have to bear in mind that your 1500+ sq ft brand new unit will become old and "resale" soon. So if your entry price is $1000psf at $1.5 million, you just have to be mentally prepared your surrounding standard size units (i.e. not MM) are trading at much lower levels. And next time when u try to sell, people will be benchmarking against the resale condos and u may not be able to fetch much higher than your $1000psf.
    Quote Originally Posted by sodan

Some of them is very impressive. I prefer new one de lah... What I'm worried is, say for those more than 3 years and above condos, the facilities has began to worn and tear down... I'm also scared of whether is a hunted condo or not..... aiyah..... so many worries.... ;(

no problem. u can do the same by punching in the criteria on propertyguru. i only listed 5 but there are tonnes to choose from in there.

my take is this, u buy a new one now, 3 years later u still face the same issues mah? wat do u do then? if the difference in $ is VERY significant, then i think its worth a bargain becoz new from developer and going to/just TOP projects are selling at a very significant premium these days.

haunted or not can't be helped lah. At Viz @ Holland, there was a Blangah murdered a Filipino and left in a 3rd floor unit. Most recently, even bunglow in sentosa also have people drown in private pool. So even brand new/newly completed also have such issues.

If you want a bargain, just call up these agents and ask to view, gain some experience also good, no obligation mah and u will learn more about what u like or don't like.

which reminds me that the Viz @ Holland project is also by sim lian. sorry, sheer coincidence...but can't help mentioning here.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    New unit also can be haunted u know. U also have to bear in mind that your 1500+ sq ft brand new unit will become old and "resale" soon. So if your entry price is $1000psf at $1.5 million, you just have to be mentally prepared your surrounding standard size units (i.e. not MM) are trading at much lower levels. And next time when u try to sell, people will be benchmarking against the resale condos and u may not be able to fetch much higher than your $1000psf.

Usually what's the bargain range har? Do we bargain on the psf or the asking price?
    Must do homework coz some really asking for the sky. I would check URA caveats as starting.

And yes, agree with bargain hunter... everything is negotiable.

Quote Originally Posted by silver023
    Must do homework coz some really asking for the sky. I would check URA caveats as starting.

And yes, agree with bargain hunter... everything is negotiable.
    Usually negotiable ones are not the best units.

at least i sold some at nett price b4

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    Having ur own garage + zero monthly maintenance + privacy + no stupid Mgmt Committee rules and regulations + no need to share facilities with others + bigger living space already justify why landed living is better.

Foreigners cannot buy them but can rent them. My expat friend just rented one for $8K per mth.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Having ur own garage
    * What so great? Only 1 car park space. Condos can park a few cars (as long as you choose those with many more car park lots than units).

+ zero monthly maintenance
    * A fallacy. Wait till a few years later and all maintenance and repairs have to be forked out by the ONE & ONLY YOU!

+ privacy
    * How to have privacy when people walking outside (or trains on high tracks or cars on flyovers or the condos in front and behind your landed) can peek into your house? (Compare with condos on high floors nobody can peek in outside the door) (Condo owners can also donate their unwanted items by throwing into the landed compound - May be this is the only advantage of landed for getting free donated goods and don't have to personally transport home some more? ).

+ no stupid Mgmt Committee rules and regulations
    * Yah, no rules, then you get people like Mr Chan from Everitt Road who don't like to follow rules (lucky! These people sure won't live in condos).

+ no need to share facilities with others
    * Ha ha ha! More like no facilities to use how to share?

+ bigger living space already justify why landed living is better.
    * Bigger space? Condos also have very big space penthouse, even bigger than most of those landed terrace and semi-Ds.

Foreigners cannot buy them but can rent them. My expat friend just rented one for $8K per mth.
    * Foreigners cannot buy? Oh yah, please read between the lines - it means: "Your landed properties sure have limited appreciation in price!" (because how many Singaporeans can afford expensive private properties?). $8k pm rental for 4000 sqft or more built-up space? Pathetic gross yield of 2% only?

Having ur own garage + zero monthly maintenance + privacy + no stupid Mgmt Committee rules and regulations + no need to share facilities with others + bigger living space already justify why landed living is better.

Last edited by teddybear; 16-06-10 at 13:22.

If one needs to pay $8000 for the rental, why din they(expat) just turn PR(at least, I'm sure the S'pore gov't would love these expat) to buy the landed property de? Then use the $8000 to pay off the self-loan monthly installment??

Any idea about the Koon Seng Road @D15 (near Pullasan Rd), just off still road? How's the surrounding har?

Like is the traffic there OK or not, any "Music" to wake you early in the morning, any jets flying around there and etc...

BTW, these Amery Condo topic has turn into Rojak liao... Should we open another topic to chit-chat and kp or juz keep continue here?

Thanks for the advice har....

Interesting haunted story out here... maybe you should open a new topic about "haunted condos" then everyone can contribute and share hor...

no problem. u can do the same by punching in the criteria on propertyguru. i only listed 5 but there are tonnes to choose from in there.

my take is this, u buy a new one now, 3 years later u still face the same issues mah? wat do u do then? if the difference in $ is VERY significant, then i think its worth a bargain becoz new from developer and going to/just TOP projects are selling at a very significant premium these days.

haunted or not can't be helped lah. At Viz @ Holland, there was a Blangah murdered a Filipino and left in a 3rd floor unit. Most recently, even bunglow in sentosa also have people drown in private pool. So even brand new/newly completed also have such issues.

If you want a bargain, just call up these agents and ask to view, gain some experience also good, no obligation mah and u will learn more about what u like or don't like.

Yeah... I'm also afraid will end up as you said ... sometimes after long hunted and get blur and could end up act irrationally and paying more than others ...

If really got one property in eyed, will def ask you guys for opinion, for safe.

slowly hunt lor..but dun ended up paying more later

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    Having ur own garage
    * What so great? Only 1 car park space. Condos can park a few cars (as long as you choose those with many more car park lots than units).

+ zero monthly maintenance
    * A fallacy. Wait till a few years later and all maintenance and repairs have to be forked out by the ONE & ONLY YOU!

+ privacy
    * How to have privacy when people walking outside (or trains on high tracks or cars on flyovers or the condos in front and behind your landed) can peek into your house? (Compare with condos on high floors nobody can peek in outside the door) (Condo owners can also donate their unwanted items by throwing into the landed compound - May be this is the only advantage of landed for getting free donated goods and don't have to personally transport home some more? ).

+ no stupid Mgmt Committee rules and regulations
    * Yah, no rules, then you get people like Mr Chan from Everitt Road who don't like to follow rules (lucky! These people sure won't live in condos).

+ no need to share facilities with others
    * Ha ha ha! More like no facilities to use how to share?

+ bigger living space already justify why landed living is better.
    * Bigger space? Condos also have very big space penthouse, even bigger than most of those landed terrace and semi-Ds.

* Foreigners cannot buy? Oh yah, please read between the lines - it means: "Your landed properties sure have limited appreciation in price!" (because how many Singaporeans can afford expensive private properties?). $8k pm rental for 4000 sqft or more built-up space? Pathetic gross yield of 2% only?
    Talk so much, no $$$ to buy just say so lah, u sell ur ka chng for life oso cant afford. Sour grapes!

If one needs to pay $8000 for the rental, why din they(expat) just turn PR(at least, I'm sure the S'pore gov't would love these expat) to buy the landed property de? Then use the $8000 to pay off the self-loan monthly installment??
    tats y they r expats on huge housing allowance lar

once they buy a ppty here, housing allowance r gone

I've eyed an older condo for investment purpose instead, it's called SPRING @ KATONG (18 Ceylon Road)
    • FREEHOLD
    • EVERSPRING PROPERTY PTY LTD
    • PSF $884-$1173(APPROX)

What you guys think har?? Please comment. =)

Yeah... I'm also afraid will end up as you said ... sometimes after long hunted and get blur and could end up act irrationally and paying more than others ...

If really got one property in eyed, will def ask you guys for opinion, for safe.

I've eyed an older condo for investment purpose instead, it's called SPRING @ KATONG (18 Ceylon Road)
    • FREEHOLD
    • PSF $884-$1173(APPROX)
    is it located behind roxy sq? i not sure..i based on pptyguru

looks reasonable...pool looks decent as well...

go for a viewing urself and post some pics and feedbacks?
    Last edited by devilplate; 19-06-10 at 01:41.

does it have the 4 bedrooms of > 1500psf which you want?

• FREEHOLD
    • PSF $884-$1173(APPROX)

does it have the 4 bedrooms of > 1500psf which you want?
    he decides to buy as investment mah

but seriously, one shd set a firm and clear goal within a time frame...

alot of specuvestors like to say:' cannot sell at profit next time, i stay or rent out' .... simply means they duno wat they r doing

some also say overly diversified simply means u duno where to invest

NO, the street (ceylon st) is opposite roxy sq.

Yes, they are UNLIKE those TK Boutique Condos pool AT ALL!

Had the viewing (seen 2 units with 2+study layout) this afternoon and taken some photos within the condo facilities only. Forgot to take while viewing inside the units.

http://picasaweb.google.com/watercrests/CondoViewing#

is it located behind roxy sq? i not sure..i based on pptyguru

looks reasonable...pool looks decent as well...

go for a viewing urself and post some pics and feedbacks?

have u like devilplate said, changed target to 2+study for investment?!

NO, the street (ceylon st) is opposite roxy sq.

Yes, they are UNLIKE those TK Boutique Condos pool AT ALL!

Had the viewing (seen 2 units with 2+study layout) this afternoon and taken some photos within the condo facilities only. Forgot to take while viewing inside the units.

http://picasaweb.google.com/watercrests/CondoViewing#

DP, thanks for your kind words and you have understood confusion in my mind too.

After seeing quite a fair bit on the D15 area condos and my family & I realised we are not really East Coast living fans. However, we agree that D15 is still a sought after location by most people!

Since we still haven't found our dream house(condo in our case) and yet dunno which area/district to settle in. Then I'm just thinking why not have a property investment in these "sought after location, D15" and take our time slowly hunt for our future home district instead of rushing it for now.

This project is actually TOP2007 also considered a boutique condo at the time with 50+units(forgot how many units liao). But I feel so much comfortable when compare to those newly built boutique condo in D15! And it doesn't look older than 3years old for this condo. Maybe it's my bias feeling bah, but I do feel that.

This condo is very close to all the amenities(stones throw from the East Coast Rd), however the indian temple is opposite the condo and there's one indian vegetarian restaurant next to the condo with a bit of smell when it breeze.

he decides to buy as investment mah

but seriously, one shd set a firm and clear goal within a time frame...

alot of specuvestors like to say:' cannot sell at profit next time, i stay or rent out' .... simply means they duno wat they r doing

some also say overly diversified simply means u duno where to invest