Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Amery (Sim Lian)

Actually the difference between apartments and condos is really the land size that the development sits on. If the land size is less that 35,000sqft (+/-, cant remember the actual specified size) it will be under the classification of apartments.

There used to be a difference between these 2 previously as foreigners were only able to buy condos and not apartments thus leading to higher chance of capital appreciation for condos due to the larger pool of buyers. This restriction has already been removed and thus there is no more restrictions for foreign buyers for apartments.

Nowadays the difference between apartment and condo has been narrowing as some apartments have better facilities then some condos, but due to the small land size, most apartments generally lack behind the condos in terms of facilities.

To select which type to buy will depend on your objective. Are you buying for-stay or to invest. Boutique apartments tend to be a very nice place for self-stay as the no. of household staying is lesser and you seem to know almost everyone in that project. Condos would be better for investment though as the larger land size and more facilities (usually) makes it easier to sell or rent out.

This is just my general opinion as there are actually a lot of other factors that determine the market price of the development.

For own stay, no need to think so much. Main thing is that you and your family likes the development and the surroundings. (eg. Amenities, transport etc.) Anyway you will not be selling in the short term and in terms of long term perspectives, the price of property will still be appreciating due to inflation...unless Singapore gets into a war with neighboring country and the value of our asset will plunge to "0"! It will be Doomsday for all our forumers. However how likely will this be?

any other choice har??

not really like amber leh.... yes looking for 3+bedder

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    i suppose u looking for 3bedder?

1.6mil quite a high budget...plenty of choices leh!!!
    i tot ur budget less den 1mil

dun say nvr give u lobang...pretty face agt somemore

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...sale-one-amber

Can any body look at this Amery 4bedder floor plan?

All comments welcome...

Quote Originally Posted by Serendipity
    unless Singapore gets into a war with neighboring country and the value of our asset will plunge to "0"! It will be Doomsday for all our forumers. However how likely will this be?
    if got War...whole SG doom...one atomic bomb tats it..hide underground also useless

Quote Originally Posted by sodan

All comments welcome...
    the layout is very nice...other den the planters which i HATE!

i like the big balcony tat link up to the kitchen...double up as a yard to hang ur flags...no nid to display them at the balcony

however, the position of the stack not so ideal...the 4th bedrm and the 2nd balcony become dark...

Most 4 bedders have a junior suite with an attached bathroom (for convenience). this one comes instead with a balcony. Guess it is different strokes for different folks.

All comments welcome...

its a classic sim lian design. if stalingrad is reading this thread, he will tell u that carabelle has the exact same design. i also saw it at their higher end Rochelle @ Newton project. i think its useful. Maybe a tad too big. an additional toilet would be good since its a 4 bedder.

nowadays, with planter incentive gone, some developers have begun to make bigger air con ledges for pple to step out and hang flags, i think that's a good idea too.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    the layout is very nice...other den the planters which i HATE!

i like the big balcony tat link up to the kitchen...double up as a yard to hang ur flags...no nid to display them at the balcony

however, the position of the stack not so ideal...the 4th bedrm and the 2nd balcony become dark...

Nice squarish layout with both depth and length. Nowadays some condos is like a long and narrow corridor. Walk in within 5 steps reach window liao - totally not depth. Worst still the living and dining and bedrooms all line up in a straight line horizontally like a narrow corridor and all windows open at the same side. Long corridor layout with no depth - worst layout - developers say let maximum light in when reality they are just squeezing in the most units in this corridor one room flat style. Who will build a house like a long corridor?

This layout is nice :-)

All comments welcome...

All comments welcome...
    I think the balcony at the kitchen is a similar idea as Bishan's Clover by the Park.
    The latter showcase the idea of a small gathering area away from the crowd in the living room during a party or a cosy small corner for quick meal or breakfast or chatting while enjoying the good view/sunset etc. Very nice!
    But Amery's layout is kind of weird with the aircon ledge right in front. It will be noisy to be at the balcony with noise not only from one's condenser but also from neighbours. Worse there may be water dripping from above. So it seems to be more like an extension of the yard. Yes, I think more useful to hang clothes there but what a waste of such a large precious expensive space!
    The kitchen also looks very small and unproportional to the whole layout. Even if don't cook, I think a reasonably sized and nicely done up kitchen can impress and more functional. The cooker also seems to be almost facing fridge. This is very bad fengshui.

we can conclude that sim lian uses one size fits all for all projects no matter 5, 12 or 30 storey and whether boutique or large scale. clover, carabelle, lincoln residences, rochelle at newton, amery...all same design hahaha. no doubt functional but not very creative.

Quote Originally Posted by Komo
    I think the balcony at the kitchen is a similar idea as Bishan's Clover by the Park.
    The latter showcase the idea of a small gathering area away from the crowd in the living room during a party or a cosy small corner for quick meal or breakfast or chatting while enjoying the good view/sunset etc. Very nice!
    But Amery's layout is kind of weird with the aircon ledge right in front. It will be noisy to be at the balcony with noise not only from one's condenser but also from neighbours. Worse there may be water dripping from above. So it seems to be more like an extension of the yard. Yes, I think more useful to hang clothes there but what a waste of such a large precious expensive space!
    The kitchen also looks very small and unproportional to the whole layout. Even if don't cook, I think a reasonably sized and nicely done up kitchen can impress and more functional. The cooker also seems to be almost facing fridge. This is very bad fengshui.

All comments welcome...
    How much agent quote u? The development looks like 50% done up, duno if the developer will try to sell off the unsold ones quickly or not

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Additional info,
    for 1507sqf ask for 1.5m --> Good buy or not?

back last mar, it was about 700-800psf for a 4BR unit when i visited the showroom

At current market, price may be ok for condo beacuse other apartments around generally asking close to $1K psf. Of course, try to negotiate down a little.

last mar <-- as in 3mths ago?

wah lau.... the price really jump fast leh......

Quote Originally Posted by eng81157
    back last mar, it was about 700-800psf for a 4BR unit when i visited the showroom

Usually what's the bargain range har? Do we bargain on the psf or the asking price?

Quote Originally Posted by silver023
    At current market, price may be ok for condo beacuse other apartments around generally asking close to $1K psf. Of course, try to negotiate down a little.

Can someone explain the price term used in the property advs in propertyguru.com.sg:-

1) Offers in Excess of
    2) Price on Ask
    3) Negotiable

Thanks.

last yr March la

consider weak liao..up so little

other places more

Not sure but it is quite a "large" unit and so maybe you can use that to negotiate? After all, the high PSF ones in Telok Kurau are usually the MMs and new launches have many leftovers. The resale standard size units usually fetch much much lower in the area. There are lots of choices here and market has quieten down - so you may want to use these to your advantage.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Additional info,
    for 1507sqf ask for 1.5m --> Good buy or not?

i dont think it is worth it buying a big apartment unit at 1.5 mil in TK coz the price is almost equivalent to a landed there. if going to pay that kind of price, might as well top up a bit more and get a landed in that area. of course property tax for landed is a lot higher, but the feeling of living in a landed as opposed to an apartment would be the trade off.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Not sure but it is quite a "large" unit and so maybe you can use that to negotiate? After all, the high PSF ones in Telok Kurau are usually the MMs and new launches have many leftovers. The resale standard size units usually fetch much much lower in the area. There are lots of choices here and market has quieten down - so you may want to use these to your advantage.

apologies, didn't realize my mistake. should be last year's march, i.e. 2009

Has market getting quiet now? How come the PSF for D15 condo is still like shooting up week by week wor....

I don't think have much choices to choose from for me,

1)3+/4 bedder FH
    2)at least 1500sqm
    3)budget limit to 1.5-1.6m
    4)Don't like too high-rise condo, ie AMBER not my favourite

Got any lobang bo?

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon

Can anyone tell me what's the diff for :-

1) Offers in Excess of
    2) Price on Ask
    3) Negotiable

Thanks.

Can someone explain the price term used in the property advs in propertyguru.com.sg:-

1) Offers in Excess of
    2) Price on Ask
    3) Negotiable

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Regulators
    i dont think it is worth it buying a big apartment unit at 1.5 mil in TK coz the price is almost equivalent to a landed there. if going to pay that kind of price, might as well top up a bit more and get a landed in that area. of course property tax for landed is a lot higher, but the feeling of living in a landed as opposed to an apartment would be the trade off.
    Eh...dun think $1.5M can buy any decent landed there liao. What I mean by decent is brand new or at least only a few years old type.

Went wif a friend the other day to see a landed in TK on sale. It is at least 20 yrs old (I think), very run down, and asking is $1.9M (neg)!

Has market getting quiet now? How come the PSF for D15 condo is still like shooting up week by week wor....

1)3+/4 bedder FH
    2)at least 1500sqm

Got any lobang bo?
    $1K psf is still quite a fairly decent budget - trying looking harder and you will find one. If not, look further towards upper east coast road and siglap.

strictly speaking

1) = that price or above
    2) = call and ask
    3) = can negotiate downwards

but heck them lah, to me, all the prices are negotiable.

Can anyone tell me what's the diff for :-

1) Offers in Excess of
    2) Price on Ask
    3) Negotiable

Thanks.

i would pay 1.5 mil for something like this http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...-marine-garden

....not 1.5mil for telok kurau apartment

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    Eh...dun think $1.5M can buy any decent landed there liao. What I mean by decent is brand new or at least only a few years old type.

Went wif a friend the other day to see a landed in TK on sale. It is at least 20 yrs old (I think), very run down, and asking is $1.9M (neg)!

punch in your criteria on propertyguru, end up can even get penthouses:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...-for-sale-1-6m

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...sale-d-saville

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...r-sale-d-focus <---1.8m but try your luck and offer 1.6m maybe can done also?

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...-sale-the-bale 1.3m only

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...sale-east-mews 1.65m

so many choices, all so nice penthouses.

1)3+/4 bedder FH
    2)at least 1500sqm

Got any lobang bo?

so basically the conclusion is there are much better buys elsewhere for 1.5 mil than an apartment at TK

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    punch in your criteria on propertyguru, end up can even get penthouses:

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...-for-sale-1-6m

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...sale-d-saville

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...r-sale-d-focus <---1.8m but try your luck and offer 1.6m maybe can done also?

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...-sale-the-bale 1.3m only

http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/listi...sale-east-mews 1.65m

so many choices, all so nice penthouses.

U guys are very helpful with lots of lobangs Yup. $1.5 million can get loads of penthouse in that area. It's an area where the standard size resale ($700-$800psf) is lagging behind the new launch/just TOP MM projects significantly by 30% to 40% and developers are the ones laffing to the bank - which means if agent use the new launch price to justify the ridiculous price tag, just ask them to fly kite because the resale there is quite pathetic.