Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Amery (Sim Lian)

BH, Yes I'm thinking of doing that instead of buying D15 for my self stay. I understand I've given you guys that I'm kinda of unsure of what I want and quite volatile. This is what I came up with during condo hunt these period.

As I have mentioned in the earlier reply, my family and I found out that we are not the East Coast People type. Then since we saw something we like now then can consider to buy for investment instead lo... I think nowadays it's really hard to find something NOT boutique condos and MM units, right??

What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    have u like devilplate said, changed target to 2+study for investment?!

Quote Originally Posted by sodan
    This condo is very close to all the amenities(stones throw from the East Coast Rd), however the indian temple is opposite the condo and there's one indian vegetarian restaurant next to the condo with a bit of smell when it breeze.
    nice feedback there

indian temple cud be a resistance

900psf seems to be a reasonable pricing...have u visited the Moda showflat just across the street? i was quoted 12xxpsf few mths back. so 900psf seems ok comparatively.

2+1study, ard 1mil, rental approx 3kpm?

The agent said around $3200-$3500. DP are you also looking for investment property in D15?

I must said all the room including the study room is very sizeable and no wasted balcony and no yard. There's a boom shelter near kitchen there. About 3 units share a common lift.

Do you guys think is a good buy or not? Both the owners asking around 980K for around 1044sqf. Referring back the URA there's one transaction in April and the PSF is dealt under $900, let me check, hmm... it's actually $883 for 1098sqf!

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    nice feedback there

indian temple cud be a resistance

900psf seems to be a reasonable pricing...have u visited the Moda showflat just across the street? i was quoted 12xxpsf few mths back. so 900psf seems ok comparatively.

2+1study, ard 1mil, rental approx 3kpm?

one thing which i learnt is that buy the investment property only when you don't need to sell it to buy a dream house later. Otherwise, better save that cash for the dream house.

i think better to be conservative and keep the estimated rental at 3k...anyway, still need to find out how much maintenence u need to less off.

BH, Yes I'm thinking of doing that instead of buying D15 for my self stay. I understand I've given you guys that I'm kinda of unsure of what I want and quite volatile. This is what I came up with during condo hunt these period.

As I have mentioned in the earlier reply, my family and I found out that we are not the East Coast People type. Then since we saw something we like now then can consider to buy for investment instead lo... I think nowadays it's really hard to find something NOT boutique condos and MM units, right??

What do you think?

The agent said around $3200-$3500. DP are you also looking for investment property in D15?

I must said all the room including the study room is very sizeable and no wasted balcony and no yard. There's a boom shelter near kitchen there. About 3 units share a common lift.

Do you guys think is a good buy or not? Both the owners asking around 980K for around 1044sqf. Referring back the URA there's one transaction in April and the PSF is dealt under $900, let me check, hmm... it's actually $883 for 1098sqf!
    me not buying/selling now

asking is reasonable. happy bargaining

maintenance fee is around $270/mth.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    one thing which i learnt is that buy the investment property only when you don't need to sell it to buy a dream house later. Otherwise, better save that cash for the dream house.

i think better to be conservative and keep the estimated rental at 3k...anyway, still need to find out how much maintenence u need to less off.

Wah! You change from buy for own stay to buy for investment very fast From the photos, the apartment doesn't look that new... looks more like a 6-7 years condo.... maybe not too well maintained?

Based on streetsine records, the highest rental for 1,098sq ft is $3200. The lowest for 1,098 sq ft is $1,876. The rest are in between - $2k to $3k range. So your agent's estimation is on the high side- esp when the unit you're eyeing is actually smaller than 1,098 sq ft.

If you like it and feel it is undervalued, just buy lah. Like what you say, D15 is a very popular and "high volume" district - everytime I come into propertyguru website, the most number of users viewing the "D15" district is the highest! Also, if you flip Sat's papers, D15-D16 will run into 3-4 pages of classified for sale - no other district can fight that amount of supply (and presumably demand). It also has the highest concentration of apartments in the entire Singapore (I heard got >500 developments in a small area). So I guess, there will always be people transacting in this area, highest volume means chances of going very wrong is low. Can't be so many people going wrong right?

I thought the price transacted in the 800+psf range was fair. But not sure about buying a unit at >$900psf though. After all, rental yield is not fantastic and future potential in the area seems muted (other than it is a high volume district).

i feel streetsine rental not accurate

i only use it to check sales transaction

Not sure if the rental amount proposed can be verified but D15 rental prices have definitely gone up since Jan 2010.

Just do a quick search on guru to see current asking for similar sized units in D15 - this should give you a rough idea of current market rate for the unit.

Quite accurate for my rentals at least - that's assuming savvy tenants and landlords stamp their tenancy agreement. Don't ever believe agents, sellers with vested interest or those prices quoted at propertyguru. Worst still, dun ever believe your not-so-close "friends" - 99% will exaggerate about their high rental yields becos most Singaporeans feel malu if they rent lower than their neighbours and so will high-ball a number.

i feel streetsine rental not accurate

i only use it to check sales transaction

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Quite accurate for my rentals at least - that's assuming savvy tenants and landlords stamp their tenancy agreement. Don't ever believe agents, sellers with vested interest or those prices quoted at propertyguru. Worst still, dun ever believe your not-so-close "friends" - 99% will exaggerate about their high rental yields becos most Singaporeans feel malu if they rent lower than their neighbours and so will high-ball a number.
    u can try searching for some BUC projects...streetsine can show past rental transaction...lol
    Last edited by devilplate; 20-06-10 at 23:42.

I've eyed an older condo for investment purpose instead, it's called SPRING @ KATONG (18 Ceylon Road)
    • FREEHOLD
    • EVERSPRING PROPERTY PTY LTD
    • PSF $884-$1173(APPROX)

What you guys think har?? Please comment. =)
    I would avoid that bec of the Indian temple. They seem to have ritual sessions every evening around 6pm to 7pm! It is quite noisy. There are better buys around the area. Just need to search deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    I would avoid that bec of the Indian temple. They seem to have ritual sessions every evening around 6pm to 7pm! It is quite noisy. There are better buys around the area. Just need to search deeper.
    mabe tat explains y the prices r suppressed.

better dun buy smthing which haf a strong resistance

Prices actually seem quite ok. If you really like it, then go view around 6-7pm to see if it's really noisy and if so, how noisy it gets.

Since buying for investment, also see the mix of residents there - tenants vs owner-occupied. Should give you some indication of rentability of the development.

I think I need to drop buying this investment property. The asking price is 980K and someone offer 970K got rejected! I can't believe it... If I were the owner, I would juz agree to sell at 10K less than asking price...

Anyway, I'll need to keep an eye on the property market. Please kindly let me know if any good buy for investment har...

I think I need to drop buying this investment property. The asking price is 980K and someone offer 970K got rejected! I can't believe it... If I were the owner, I would juz agree to sell at 10K less than asking price...

Anyway, I'll need to keep an eye on the property market. Please kindly let me know if any good buy for investment har...

Hey, I also look at a unit that have an asking px of $980K as well and was told the same thing anout the 970K offer. The thing is that having checked the valuation of that unit, the range is so wide from 800K to 950K

Quote Originally Posted by luanluanshoot
    Hey, I also look at a unit that have an asking px of $980K as well and was told the same thing anout the 970K offer. The thing is that having checked the valuation of that unit, the range is so wide from 800K to 950K
    if the bank willing/dying to deal with the person, bank will try their best to match the valuation. however, if the person got bad credibility history, bank will quote the lowest

if the bank willing/dying to deal with the person, bank will try their best to match the valuation. however, if the person got bad credibility history, bank will quote the lowest
    Correct, bank valuation depends on the borrower's credibility and not the property itself!!!

Correct, bank valuation depends on the borrower's credibility and not the property itself!!!
    Bank will also appoint valuer to value property.

Wah lau eh. $10k also cannot negotiate and outright rejection? Anyway, sometimes property investment also need some kind of "fate" one - like love lor. Haha. If not fated to be together, then stop dwelling on it and move on......

Guess it is a nice way of the bank saying they don't need your business.