Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 1621263136414243444546474849 LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,380 of 1456

Thread: Dakota Residences (D14, 99 year Leasehold, Ho Bee & NTUC Choice Homes)

what is the facing of this unit? Is it towards the city?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    what is the facing of this unit? Is it towards the city?
    stack 12 would be facing the school and old airport rd

Just wondering is Dakota area under the take off and landing flight path of paya lebar airport?

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    Just wondering is Dakota area under the take off and landing flight path of paya lebar airport?
    Yes, sad to say. I can see the planes coming in from the sea...
    across Meyer Road/Tanjong Rhu(depending on mood of fighter pilot) and thru' Goodman Road and then finally over Dakota Residence. I have noticed the sortie comes in hourly but dies down after 6pm.

I'm wondering how the hell those people lived with the noise in meyer road and goodman... but obviously.. like what Jlrx says.. INSIDE OUTSIDE INSIDE LAW. ..haha.. That one is also not noise.. that one is sweet music from a USD$1.6mil fighter jet (NOT YOUR $0.01mil motorcycle noise)..

Quote Originally Posted by august
    stack 12 would be facing the school and old airport rd
    This is a much better stack than those facing the city/stadium as I observed that the afteroon sun can really penetrate into the apartment from between 2 - 6pm. Pity the people staying in those unit. Good view but comes withe the heat.

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Yes, sad to say. I can see the planes coming in from the sea...
    across Meyer Road/Tanjong Rhu(depending on mood of fighter pilot) and thru' Goodman Road and then finally over Dakota Residence. I have noticed the sortie comes in hourly but dies down after 6pm.

I'm wondering how the hell those people lived with the noise in meyer road and goodman... but obviously.. like what Jlrx says.. INSIDE OUTSIDE INSIDE LAW. ..haha.. That one is also not noise.. that one is sweet music from a USD$1.6mil fighter jet (NOT YOUR $0.01mil motorcycle noise)..
    u sure the planes fly past directly above DR?.....

Soon DR residents can name the models by hearing the "music"...
    I tot plot ration shouldn't be more den 1.4 for flight path landing for emergency..

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    u sure the planes fly past directly above DR?.....
    Yup. I have been there quite a few times for my renovation meetings and I have observed the sorties does its routine without fail. So those who work will never know of the plane coming in during weekdays (since planes suddenly disappear after 6pm).

Anyway, don't worry about the price.. Meyer Road and Tanjong Rhu and Goodman area still doing so well, even though they are affected by the same flight path.

Anyway, I like the profile of my neighbours in my block are not bad.. Only saw 3 of them , but already...
    1) The penthouse owner at my block is a richie rich.... curtain/wallpaper distributor.. He bought his for own stay and his friend(never seen him yet) bought another 4 bedder for own stay as well.
    2) My neighbour is an "upgrader" from Goodman area. Sold his bungalow and bought 2 units of 4 bedders for him and his extended family.
    3) Another neighbour also stay around katong area.. bought 2 3-bedder for himself and his extended family too.

So.. suprisingly, I am the only HDB upgrader..keke.
    Last edited by focus; 07-09-10 at 01:36.

Trying to talk down the prices?

Heh heh heh

good for u. but your No. 2 neighbour is a bit peculiar. Goodman bunglow, if he likes can just rebuild with 8 bedrooms and have more than 4000 sq ft of space. why he give up FH to get 99 and smaller combined space? jlrx would frown on it. even i m frowning.

Yup. I have been there quite a few times for my renovation meetings and I have observed the sorties does its routine without fail. So those who work will never know of the plane coming in during weekdays (since planes suddenly disappear after 6pm).

Anyway, don't worry about the price.. Meyer Road and Tanjong Rhu and Goodman area still doing so well, even though they are affected by the same flight path.

Anyway, I like the profile of my neighbours in my block are not bad.. Only saw 3 of them , but already...
    1) The penthouse owner at my block is a richie rich.... curtain/wallpaper distributor.. He bought his for own stay and his friend(never seen him yet) bought another 4 bedder for own stay as well.
    2) My neighbour is an "upgrader" from Goodman area. Sold his bungalow and bought 2 units of 4 bedders for him and his extended family.
    3) Another neighbour also stay around katong area.. bought 2 3-bedder for himself and his extended family too.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    good for u. but your No. 2 neighbour is a bit peculiar. Goodman bunglow, if he likes can just rebuild with 8 bedrooms and have more than 4000 sq ft of space. why he give up FH to get 99 and smaller combined space? jlrx would frown on it. even i m frowning.
    sell bungalow and buy 2 units of 4bedder still got spare change mah....

with the spare change can buy things and spend spend....2units somemore...one for extended family....so, which means they want more privacy and yet close to each other....

i just being kapo and based on my assumption....haha

oh yah, we should be encouraging this since we r aiming landed hahaha. but anyway, bunglow out of reach for me lah, at goodman somemore.

with the spare change can buy things and spend spend....2units somemore...one for extended family....so, which means they want more privacy and yet close to each other....

u shd be proud....u r the only upgradder but they r 'downgrader' in fact

Agreed. There is a palpable "downgrading" trend, moving upstream or into smaller condos. My friends always talk about moving further to more rural areas when we retire. You can't really call that downgrading, because mor cash is released to enjoy other things in life. There's no point keeping your $$$ stuck in property your entire life. I've a friend who sold his 3 bedder condo in D23 to a downgrader family from a Brinjal Park landed property. The buyer who is a retiree and only daughter just want to move to a smaller place and release some cash for other enjoyments and give back to society. As one grows older and more mature, priorities change. When you're in your thirties, many like to compare car and house etc, but once you reach "middle age", you start to think about "self-actualisation" and giving back to society. The need to put on a successful show or to chase the most "sought after" trend dimishes.

oh yah, we should be encouraging this since we r aiming landed hahaha. but anyway, bunglow out of reach for me lah, at goodman somemore.
    off topic abit....MM landed and huge landed got lots of PSF difference too....same principle as condos...

Dunno.. never asked.. just get to know them. I don't dare to probe people about their financial status during the 1st meeting? ..keke..

Probably they want separate living spaces from the aged parents and sibling living under one roof... ?? These seems quite common nowadays. Read newspaper a year back got extended family buy 2-3 units in aalto after they sold their landed too(if i remembered correctly).

Then waterbank got a guy living in bungalow also sold off and bought 4 units in waterbank for himself, his 2 sons and his mother-in-law..

So I think it's more of a lifestyle changing and meeting the needs for them.

u shd be proud....u r the only upgradder but they r 'downgrader' in fact
    They upgrade leh.. upgrade from 3rd storey to 1x storey.
    I downgrade leh.. downgrade from 2x storey to 1x storey.

They upgrade leh.. upgrade from 3rd storey to 1x storey.
    I downgrade leh.. downgrade from 2x storey to 1x storey.
    nice joke....haha

Dunno.. never asked.. just get to know them. I don't dare to probe people about their financial status during the 1st meeting? ..keke..

Probably they want separate living spaces from the aged parents and sibling living under one roof... ?? These seems quite common nowadays. Read newspaper a year back got extended family buy 2-3 units in aalto after they sold their landed too(if i remembered correctly).

Then waterbank got a guy living in bungalow also sold off and bought 4 units in waterbank for himself, his 2 sons and his mother-in-law..

So I think it's more of a lifestyle changing and meeting the needs for them.
    i agree too....i see more families wana have their own privacy den staying all under one roof nowadays.....last time many family members all cramped in a flat...now if they got the means, they wud want to have a unit to themselves

how about the recent dual key concept....any comments?

That one is for both to stay together and even share the mortgage cost.

Happy, open door... not happy close the door.

Too bad dual key cannot sell as dual units. I would prefer 2 units side by side, more privacy 3 bedder with studio or 2 units of 2 bedders.

Common area could be at anyone's living room. Night time just sleep at each own, much better right?

Quote Originally Posted by cashrich
    That one is for both to stay together and even share the mortgage cost.

Happy, open door... not happy close the door.

Too bad dual key cannot sell as dual units. I would prefer 2 units side by side, more privacy 3 bedder with studio or 2 units of 2 bedders.

Common area could be at anyone's living room. Night time just sleep at each own, much better right?
    I think what most landed owners are trying to achieve is to have 2 separate living rooms.. Imagine you want to entertain your friends in a bungalow(small one, not the 10,000sqft type which is actually 2 small bungalows) in the living room, you have to ask your parents to go up to the 2nd floor living area and not come down (coz your father likes to come down naked from the waist up).. Then your friends make too much noise.. you have to be the "Sound" officer. Then cleaning up? Then sometimes, you and your friends like to talk about lucid stuff that older generations find too distasteful.. Oh ..of coz not to forget... sometimes couples need intimate times at various parts of the house..keke

But with two units (with two living rooms) totally segregated, you can do your own stuff, your parents can be waist naked up for all we care..

P/S : NOT SAYING YOUR parents.. just a figure of speech hor You can replace it with MY parents (..haha.. actually my dad does like his top off).

i agree too....i see more families wana have their own privacy den staying all under one roof nowadays.....last time many family members all cramped in a flat...now if they got the means, they wud want to have a unit to themselves

how about the recent dual key concept....any comments?
    IMHO, Dual key might hurt the feelings of the aged parents if you moved them there while you stay in the bigger area. They might say it's alright, but deep inside, you know they would be feeling .." what to do.. old already.. son paying..just as long as stay together and not in old folks home.. i'm ok.."..

But if for use with a middle-aged couple with a teenage or young adult son, i think the son will be alright putting up in the smaller room.

Oh btw, medical professionals have found that depression is highly probable when people are confined in a small room for long duration of time.

I think dual key will be good for extended families if the studio portion of it is larger with proper living, dinning and kitchen. Maybe around 600sqft. The 2 bedroom portion of it maybe around 900sqft.

So I think an area of 1500sqft would be good. Or else it will look too cramped. Smaller sized dual key is good for rental though.

I heard somebody bought 2 side-by-side 4 bdr units to be combined!

Quote Originally Posted by silver023
    That dividing wall is the concrete pillar ...to support the middle of the 2 units.. you reckon the engineer will allow this?

But glad that 4 bedders are in demand by the relatively well-off. 2 unit together is at least $4mil if you stick to $1100psf.

Quote Originally Posted by silver023
    Yes, i think is 17-09 & 17-10

saw so many ang mo in DR. Anyone knows how is the rental doing over there ?

good bring more of them..

Quote Originally Posted by adamfong
    Yes, i think is 17-09 & 17-10
    This one is also a VIP ..
    I now know of a few VIPs(real VIPs of Society) who are living in the penthouses and 4 bedders.

Quite surprising...

Quote Originally Posted by Lovelle
    saw so many ang mo in DR. Anyone knows how is the rental doing over there ?

good bring more of them..
    Heard $6k to $7k achievable.. But seems like $7k is the resistance for the 4 bedder.

looks like an up and coming area...

many ppl who bot the wb also with D10 addresses...