Page 39 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9141924293435363738394041424344 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 1456

Thread: Dakota Residences (D14, 99 year Leasehold, Ho Bee & NTUC Choice Homes)

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx
    I said before that the difference between a condo and an HDB flat is not inside the flat, but outside the flat.

Look at the two views below, one taken from focus's new condo at Dakota Residences and the other from his present HDB flat which he posted in January.

Can you spot the difference?

focus said in his previous post that his present HDB flat has a "fantastic view" but don't the clouds in the first photo look much more "fantastic"?

Waaa....the view that many others could only dream of....

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    hehe.. have visited the unit quite a few times .. and I felt the breeze every time. Ha.. hopefully my parents won't process the breeze into wind for the house..

How come u can visit your unit a few time. Nobody stop you? The security guard their are your friend ah....

hehe.. have visited the unit quite a few times .. and I felt the breeze every time. Ha.. hopefully my parents won't process the breeze into wind for the house..
    focus's story of filial piety in search of a property to accomodate his parents' wishes can be compiled into a story à la 孟母三迁.

The hdb view looks like from block 545 of Ang Mo Kio, can see the ITE and the army camp behind.

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx
    focus's story of filial piety in search of a property to accomodate his parents' wishes can be compiled into a story à la 孟母三迁.
    Wa your Chinese is ding gua gua ~~

Hey, i know that blk u r referring to. Lived there for a while ages ago

Quote Originally Posted by azeoprop
    The hdb view looks like from block 545 of Ang Mo Kio, can see the ITE and the army camp behind.

can someone tell me why so many adverts to sell Dakota residences?

its location is not bad ,,although 99 yrs ..

i can only guess these are speculators ... or are there any other reasons for wanting to sell ?

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner

i can only guess these are speculators ... or are there any other reasons for wanting to sell ?
    yo, if u do a search on those gona TOP or just TOP projects...u will realise the same

despite jlrx preaching propertism, many will always tempted to cash out their ppty if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner

Could be speculators.
    or could be owner-occupier who want to cash out as the project is not what they wanted.

In all honesty, I feel the condo is really no-frills, bare necessity type of facilities. It does not give you the "wOW" factor when visiting it as compared to others with lush landscaping and a few pools and bbq pits. So, probably better cash out since no difference to living in a HDB beside waterbank/dakota.

Could be speculators.
    or could be owner-occupier who want to cash out as the project is not what they wanted.

In all honesty, I feel the condo is really no-frills, bare necessity type of facilities. It does not give you the "wOW" factor when visiting it as compared to others with lush landscaping and a few pools and bbq pits. So, probably better cash out since no difference to living in a HDB beside waterbank/dakota.
    err..really so bad ar? if DR is so bad, den those boutique apts with puny pool and bare min landscaping how

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    err..really so bad ar? if DR is so bad, den those boutique apts with puny pool and bare min landscaping how
    Eh.. that type is... boutique apts loh...

Different strokes for different folks..

But DR facilities/landscaping is ok lah.. but will not give wow factor like minton, interlace, floridian, jardin ... probably should compare DR to other condos like Esta (also very bare landscaping i find with one big pool and every one facing the pool and each other, or One Jervois, or Metropolitan etc etc).
    Last edited by focus; 12-06-10 at 01:28.

Eh.. that type is... boutique apts loh...

Different strokes for different folks..

But DR facilities/landscaping is ok lah.. but will not give wow factor like minton, interlace, floridian, jardin ... probably should compare DR to other condos like Esta (also very bare landscaping i find with one big pool and every one facing the pool and each other, or One Jervois, or Metropolitan etc etc).
    u went minton already? really got wow factor ah?

Quote Originally Posted by august
    u went minton already? really got wow factor ah?
    Eh.. in terms of landscaping. But the buildings are typical of large condos nowadays.. face each other ....

I was approaching it from the point of friends visiting.. they will wow when they see lotsa landscape and facilities.. look like condo instead of commenting inside that.."it is just a hdb with pool"..

Anyway.. i find RCR is good and within my budget and I'm sure it is a good compromise for people who wants something close to city but at a more affordable price.

After looking around.. those condos around Meyer road and Tanjong Rhu(especially) seems like a good buy .. something seems to be brewing for that area in the govt plan.. Just a feeling..

Eh.. in terms of landscaping. But the buildings are typical of large condos nowadays.. face each other ....

I was approaching it from the point of friends visiting.. they will wow when they see lotsa landscape and facilities.. look like condo instead of commenting inside that.."it is just a hdb with pool"..

Anyway.. i find RCR is good and within my budget and I'm sure it is a good compromise for people who wants something close to city but at a more affordable price.

After looking around.. those condos around Meyer road and Tanjong Rhu(especially) seems like a good buy .. something seems to be brewing for that area in the govt plan.. Just a feeling..
    other den ur parent's liking, wat sway u from buying those at Meyer/tanjong rhu and ended up with DR?

other den ur parent's liking, wat sway u from buying those at Meyer/tanjong rhu and ended up with DR?
    Actually, nothing else. This is for staying, so investment merits no need to consider.

DR/Waterbank is the best for my parents' preference (we are HDB folks ):-
    1) Unblocked view in front (very impt. Don't like facing other condos or neighbours)
    2) HDB Amenities like Hawker, NTUC, GP located within 3mins walk
    3) MRT also 3min walk (mum and sister takes MRT), but i will take MRT if going to suntec coz so convenient.. take to suntec have dinner, run errands, buy all your shopping needs and back again.
    4) Not as noisy as the Tanjong Rhu/Meyer condos facing expressway

This one Tanjong Rhu/Meyer have.
    5) Got pockets of seaview and good city view
    6) proximity to city
    7) future sports hub-cum-shopping-eating-haven? (even if no sports hub, govt sure will build something there of significance)

But I find Meyer/Tanjong Rhu really looks and feels like a private residential enclave with that kind of resort feel. If I were to think of who are my likely buyers if I want to sell a meyer/tanjong rhu unit, It would be the expats(those who hates congested prime areas yet cannot afford sentosa or marina prime but still want to get away from the city) who wants a lifestyle and resort feel, yet close proximity to all city amenities. Especially for Tanjong Rhu, it is surrounded by kallang river, sea, marina golf-course, proximity to city and the marina gardens(soon to be built).

Saw what you guys were talking abt the Eastern Line... I feel most probably one mrt will be at Marina Bay Golfcourse side and Meyer Road(next to Katong Park) 1 station. I just feel(just gut feel)... Govt should be developing the Greater Marina as a enclave, so phase 1 is concentrate on the City Marina, next phase should be the Kallang River and East Coast Marina area. Think it's already stated in URA Masterplan right?

Anyway, Noob's view of my preferred investment area now.. After seeing upp bt. timah, floridian,jardin area which feels congested to the core. (my banker tell me that one now considered Prime coz market hot.. when it cools down.. it's anybody guess). Orchard and Newton, I still don't get why people wants to pay to stay in a damn congested area, apart from the prestige factor 'coz I'm not rich. If want to stay in prime, think now only marina bay and sentosa stands out now. East Coast-the one near marine parade..hmm... too congested already...

nice write up

we r 80% similar views and tats y we r future neighbours

u r considered rich liao..can afford to buy 2mil ppty and stay in it

u will definitely love the breeze(not WIND) coming from east coast

hey, duno whether u guys feel the same anot

i always been a easty person and stay near to sea...so i kinda feel tat it is hotter (in terms of air temperature) when i m in the west and hougang area

duno is it just my feeling or

My chickens are coming to roost soon

don't think its true. if for staying, as long as you don't get a west sun unit, then i feel its not so hot even if unit is located at west or hougang. for visiting, i only feel its hotter at landed house than in skyscrapers (even if hdb blocks). sorry, stated the obvious.

i always been a easty person and stay near to sea...so i kinda feel tat it is hotter (in terms of air temperature) when i m in the west and hougang area

yes is true, the west is hotter! especially when i have to put on No.4 and go safti or pasir lumpar camp to sacrifice for the nation

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    don't think its true. if for staying, as long as you don't get a west sun unit, then i feel its not so hot even if unit is located at west or hougang. for visiting, i only feel its hotter at landed house than in skyscrapers (even if hdb blocks). sorry, stated the obvious.
    errr...one fine afternoon, i went up to both neighbouring HDB flats on both locations(WB/8W) and the breeze over at WB is so much cooler while the breeze over at 8W feels warmer...isit bcoz the cool air blows from east coast and gets heated up along the way?

watever it is...i doubt it will affect ppty prices lah...jus seeking opinion

Nearer to the coastline will have cooler air during daytime, but the reverse as night falls. Due the the the land gets heated up and so the air will flow from sea.Whereas when night falls, the land will cool down so the air will flow in reverse.

errr...one fine afternoon, i went up to both neighbouring HDB flats on both locations(WB/8W) and the breeze over at WB is so much cooler while the breeze over at 8W feels warmer...isit bcoz the cool air blows from east coast and gets heated up along the way?

watever it is...i doubt it will affect ppty prices lah...jus seeking opinion
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

Quote Originally Posted by sleek
    Nearer to the coastline will have cooler air during daytime, but the reverse as night falls. Due the the the land gets heated up and so the air will flow from sea.Whereas when night falls, the land will cool down so the air will flow in reverse.
    i feel so malu after reading ur post...i return back all my basic knowledge back to sec sch teacher!

afterall, god is fair in a way?

Yup, sec sch science.
    No need to be malu cos you're doing well in the property market.

i feel so malu after reading ur post...i return back all my basic knowledge back to sec sch teacher!

afterall, god is fair in a way?
    BE CENTRED BY ALL AT THE FRINGE OF THE CITY @

Quote Originally Posted by sleek
    just to add on

i used to live west coast .. just in front of kent ridge park

in the day ... warm breeze blew from the sea towards my unit ...
    in the night ..the cool air from the kent ridge park 'flow' down the slope towards my unit .. can be cold ...

in fact every morning .. my car was entirely 'fogged' up ...

What do you guys think of the Balestier district?

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    wrong thread bro

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    geylang-potential?

Sadly, nowadays... property pricing yields best on viewing priority & squeezing MM out of limited land...

Gone are the days of architectural science use to design efficient ventilation structures on a high priority.

Maybe go Malaysia can afford this luxury..

wrong thread bro
    one thousand apologies