Page 35 of 49 FirstFirst ... 510152025303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1456

Thread: Dakota Residences (D14, 99 year Leasehold, Ho Bee & NTUC Choice Homes)

Happy Feet Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Fúck You
    Fųck you asshole! Don't post same message everywhere. Be considerate!
    Please lah! Don't argue over a TNP article lah.
    Why not go for a holiday and enjoy yourself?
    This is more constructive. Agree?

Quote Originally Posted by TNP

Recession? What recession?
    The New Paper
    Jazmin Kelly Six
    Friday, 17 October 2008

It may be turbulent times for the economy, but Singaporeans are still taking to the skies.

The travel industry has registered an increase of 15 to 30 per cent annual growth.

For many Singaporeans, overseas holidays are no longer a luxury but have become a lifestyle habit.

Senior vice-president marketing and PR of CTC Holidays, Ms Alicia Seah, said: 'Travel is already part of our lifestyle, it is the fundamental fabric to freedom.'

In response to a successful National Association of Travel Agents Singapore (Natas) fair in August, Mr Robert Khoo, CEO of Natas, said: 'Despite Singapore's rising costs in food and transportation, Singaporeans are saving to travel.'

Record visitors

This enthusiasm was evident at the three-day fair where a record 65,583 visitors snapped up about $60million worth of travel packages, Natas said.

Regional business development manager Erik Hon, 29, has not let his wings be clipped by the financial meltdown.

He has already visited Hong Kong, Bangkok, Paris, Poland, Czech Republic and Slovakia this year alone. Come next January, he will be heading to Thailand for a short holiday and then to London, Amsterdam and eastern Europe next May.

Mr Hon said: 'I want to pamper myself every quarter... and feel the vibe of another city.'

As long as his bills are paid and has monthly savings set aside, travelling will be an essential he won't give up, he said.

On top of being avid travellers, Singaporeans like Mr Hon are also becoming more discerning. They do not mind paying a little more for comfort and a good time.

Miss Eileen Oh, vice-president leisure of UOB Travel Planners, said: 'We see more value-conscious consumers today than cost-conscious ones.'

As opposed to settling for a bare-bones of a holiday package, more consumers would gladly top up amounts ranging from '$50 to $500' to savour an enhanced holiday experience, Miss Oh added.

She also noted that Singaporeans are always on the lookout for good deals and 'tend to go where the currency favours'. This explains the spike in demand this year for destinations such as the US and, most recently, Australia.

Travel agencies we spoke to said they have been getting bookings for year-end travel from July.

Some tour operators even reported a sellout of over 70 per cent of their packages. Even after the stock markets started seeing red two weeks ago, most tour operators said they have not received cancellations.

Popular destinations

Taiwan, alongside popular winter destinations such as Japan and Korea, saw such great demand that airlines had to put in extra flights or switch to bigger carriers to accommodate travellers, Miss Seah said.

But, if you want to stretch your holiday dollar further, the best way would still be 'book your holidays early', suggested Hong Thai Travel's advertising and marketing manager, Miss Stella Chow.

She also advised the budget-conscious to take short-haul, holidays and opt for tourist-class hotels to save more.

When asked if he would be willing to put up at low-cost accommodations like hostels or budget hotels just so he could make that extra holiday trip, Mr Hon said he would definitely be raring to go 'as long as the room, location and amenities are decent'.

UnregĄstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Feet
    Please lah! Don't argue over a TNP article lah.
    Why not go for a holiday and enjoy yourself?
    This is more constructive. Agree?
    Hello! Can discuss condo and nothing else?

Cannot tahan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by UnregĄstered
    Hello! Can discuss condo and nothing else?
    Met an agent who was shaking his head miserably. He used to sell 4 units a month last year but for the last month haven't sold even one. Owners already giving him a 20% price downside cushion in case of genuine buyer. Everyone knows it but some dont want to admit it.

UnregĄstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cannot tahan
    Met an agent who was shaking his head miserably. He used to sell 4 units a month last year but for the last month haven't sold even one. Owners already giving him a 20% price downside cushion in case of genuine buyer. Everyone knows it but some dont want to admit it.
    And some can't accept that OCR condo prices continue to go up.

cannot tahan Guest

And some can't accept that OCR condo prices continue to go up.
    When CCR price went up it took a while for OCR to go up. Likewise its coming for OCR too. Cannot tahan?

Curious Guest

Quote Originally Posted by cannot tahan
    When CCR price went up it took a while for OCR to go up. Likewise its coming for OCR too. Cannot tahan?
    So your the price of your house is coming down?

can't tahan already Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Curious
    So your the price of your house is coming down?
    No, my isn't but yours is. Ha ha! Loser!

Curious Guest

Quote Originally Posted by can't tahan already
    No, my isn't but yours is. Ha ha! Loser!
    How can that be? Your house is better than ours?

To cockhead Guest

i agree wth e other poster u r talking trash frm ur backside. Majority of people buy what they can afford n to stay. So does it mean that everytime there is a pty cycle, people will end up on the streets and start panic selling? Use ur brains lah...i own a condo n a hdb and i am sleeping very soundly. Only people like u who cant afford a condo will wait all day for pty prices to drop so it fits into ur mini budget. Stop acting like a seow kow here and u should care more about expanding ur tiny piggy bank. LOL
    You are the one talking cock, more than 80% of singaporeans stay in hdb, sell hdb upgrade to condo never heard before ah?

To brag head Guest

Quote Originally Posted by To cockhead
    i agree wth e other poster u r talking trash frm ur backside. Majority of people buy what they can afford n to stay. So does it mean that everytime there is a pty cycle, people will end up on the streets and start panic selling? Use ur brains lah...i own a condo n a hdb and i am sleeping very soundly. Only people like u who cant afford a condo will wait all day for pty prices to drop so it fits into ur mini budget. Stop acting like a seow kow here and u should care more about expanding ur tiny piggy bank. LOL
    Come on bro dont brag about owning condo. Everyone can own a condo. Some borrow 90% some pay cash. But both categories own condo's. Whats the big thing in owning a condo? Do you own your life? Do you know if you will sleep soundly tomorrow? So don't brag about it. Accept the fact that property market is in for a deep rut.

to the sotong Guest

nobody is bragging here, just trying to drive the pt across to u that majority of condo owners dont panic like the way u would like them to. We are mostly financially sound n have nothing to worry. Since u r curious, my 4rm hdb is fully paid n i took on an 80% loan on my condo as i wanted to keep the few hundred k in my bank for any crisis. My mthly income is 10k plus whch is why i say i sleep soundly. Btw in case u want to curse me wth retrenchment, i am my own boss. I believe many condo owners are like me or even richer so we have no such worries as u wud expect. Stop cmg here to annoy people wth ur uninvited postings.
    Quote Originally Posted by To brag head
    Come on bro dont brag about owning condo. Everyone can own a condo. Some borrow 90% some pay cash. But both categories own condo's. Whats the big thing in owning a condo? Do you own your life? Do you know if you will sleep soundly tomorrow? So don't brag about it. Accept the fact that property market is in for a deep rut.

To braggy sotong Guest

Quote Originally Posted by to the sotong
    nobody is bragging here, just trying to drive the pt across to u that majority of condo owners dont panic like the way u would like them to. We are mostly financially sound n have nothing to worry. Since u r curious, my 4rm hdb is fully paid n i took on an 80% loan on my condo as i wanted to keep the few hundred k in my bank for any crisis. My mthly income is 10k plus whch is why i say i sleep soundly. Btw in case u want to curse me wth retrenchment, i am my own boss. I believe many condo owners are like me or even richer so we have no such worries as u wud expect. Stop cmg here to annoy people wth ur uninvited postings.
    Sorry dont get me wrong but only 10K being your own boss? 10K is not a great salary as you make it out to be. 10K may have been great 10 years ago but now it is pretty common. Haha no one is cursing you. Own bosses can also go down under water. Fact remains that there is a big slow down. You dont manufacture oil or gold...do you?

dakota Guest

Looks like dakota sales going down the drain.

UnregĄstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dakota
    Looks like dakota sales going down the drain.
    Looks like but the realty is different.

Prof Lilian Ng (NBS, NTU) Guest

Are we near the kind of economic difficulty faced during the Great Depression? The US economy today is much stronger than it was in 1929 and the fundamentals are still pretty strong regardless of the crisis we're in.

If you look at the numbers, they are so dramatically different. GDP growth in the US is about 1% and I'm sure it will fall but it is nothing like the -27% during the Great Depression. Unemployment is about 6.1%, but during the Great Depression it was 25%.

Today's world is very different from the Great Depression period - there is greater linkage between fiscal policies and the economy than before and all policymakers are working together. So we are not even close to the level of difficulties faced then.

Question Guest

How can that be? Your house is better than ours?
    You mean his HDB is better than your condo?

RegĄstered Guest

What kind of unit is sold at $1,073psf?
    $1,073psf? Wow! Cool!

Open legs Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cannot tahan
    The male agent sure die. Female agents can still open legs to get more biz.

Haha Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Open legs
    The male agent sure die. Female agents can still open legs to get more biz.
    You are the female agent? Can give me a call?

UnregĄstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Prof Lilian Ng (NBS, NTU)
    Are we near the kind of economic difficulty faced during the Great Depression? The US economy today is much stronger than it was in 1929 and the fundamentals are still pretty strong regardless of the crisis we're in.

If you look at the numbers, they are so dramatically different. GDP growth in the US is about 1% and I'm sure it will fall but it is nothing like the -27% during the Great Depression. Unemployment is about 6.1%, but during the Great Depression it was 25%.

Today's world is very different from the Great Depression period - there is greater linkage between fiscal policies and the economy than before and all policymakers are working together. So we are not even close to the level of difficulties faced then.
    Yah!
    Don't be too happy!
    Everyone is a loser here.
    Only IRAS is the big winner who is smiling now!

Quote Originally Posted by The Straits Times

Property sub-sales net $95m profits
    Third-quarter showing still strong but market will soften soon: Experts

Fiona Chan
    Property Reporter
    Wednesday, 22 October 2008

Private home prices may have slid in the third quarter but the sub-sale market was still going strong.

Ninety-six per cent of owners who resold an uncompleted home between July and last month pocketed profits from the deals, according to new data by property consultancy Savills Singapore.

These transactions, officially known as sub-sales, occur when you buy a home and resell it before it is built. They are used as a proxy for property speculation because the owner resells the home without ever living in it.

Only 12 sub-sale transactions out of the 306 that Savills analysed in the quarter incurred a loss, amounting to just under $1 million of red ink. The rest made a total of $95.1 million in gains, Savills said.

This continues the trend in the first half of the year, when 97% of such deals turned in profits. But the profits seen in the third quarter were considerably narrower as home prices started softening more quickly.

Profitable sub-sellers made an average of $323,420 in the third quarter, but this was skewed upwards by a single large deal: a whopping $6.7 million profit from the sale of a 63rd-storey penthouse at The Sail @ Marina Bay.

Excluding this sale, the average gain was $301,784 - almost 40% lower than the average gain in the first half of the year. It works out to an average profit for each seller of about 30% over the purchase price.

Still, 'to be able to achieve such gains in a year when the property market has gone into a standstill is highly commendable', said Mr Ku Swee Yong, director of business development and marketing at Savills Singapore.

But in case would-be speculators become tempted by these gains, other consultants noted that the bulk of these deals probably occurred before the Sept 14 collapse of United States investment bank Lehman Brothers, which caused the financial crisis to take a sudden turn for the worse.

'The real estate market typically lags behind the stock market by six months or more, so we will probably start to see the real effect early next year,' said Mr Nicholas Mak, director of research and consultancy at Knight Frank.

'These profitable sub-sale transactions took place before the market hit the skids. It is extremely risky to go and speculate in the market right now.'

Most sellers who made a profit in the third quarter had originally bought their units in the last two years and benefited from the sharp run-up in prices in the period, said Mr Ku. While values have weakened somewhat this year, they are still generally higher than in 2006.

Sellers who held on to their units for a longer time before reselling them in the third quarter made more gains, Savills' data showed. Even those who had bought a unit as late as this year and offloaded it in the third quarter made an average gain of $98,600.

If they had sold the unit in the first half of the year, however, they would probably have doubled their gain.

The biggest profits of more than $1 million each were for units at The Sail @ Marina Bay, St Regis Residences and Cairnhill Residences.

On the flip side, sub-sale losses for the quarter averaged $76,820 for each loss-making deal. A unit at Watermark Robertson Quay chalked up the biggest loss of $207,552, while units at Soleil @ Sinaran, 8 @ Mt Sophia and One Amber were also sold at losses of more than $100,000 each.

All the losses were for units that had been bought last year or this year, according to Savills' data. Sub-sellers who had bought their units at the peak of property fever, between June and September last year, bled the most.

'In any case, there are always desperate sale cases even during good times,' Mr Ku noted.

The Sail @ Marina Bay had the largest number of sub-sales in the quarter - 19 - with each deal netting its seller an average profit of $1.1 million. There was one loss, of $62,890, for a second-floor unit.

Other projects with more than 10 sub-sales included Parc Emily in Dhoby Ghaut, Park Infinia at Wee Nam, Riveredge in Tanjong Rhu and The Esta in Marine Parade.

But the profits were not just confined to developments in the prime districts.

At Casa Merah in Tanah Merah, 10 sub-sales yielded an average profit of $100,351, while Atrium Residences in Geylang saw four sub-sales with an average gain of $54,556.

RegĄstered Guest

Yah!
    Don't be too happy!
    Everyone is a loser here.
    Only IRAS is the big winner who is smiling now!
    Relax lah! Profit is still good what!

Hoo Hoo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Haha
    You are the female agent? Can give me a call?
    I am sure she doesn't serve seow kow novena dumbass

TO NOVENA DUMBASS Guest

hi novena dumbass,

did you enjoy bonking geylang okt's mother?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoo Hoo
    I am sure she doesn't serve seow kow novena dumbass

Expat Guest

Hahahaha... seow kow talking to himself!

Quote Originally Posted by TO NOVENA DUMBASS
    hi novena dumbass,

did you enjoy bonking geylang okt's mother?

Unregistered123 Guest

You are also one siao kow.
    Saw u flooding other threads with 'creative' remarks.
    Got fired recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Expat
    Hahahaha... seow kow talking to himself!

Unregistered123 Guest

Nope... that wasn't me but the real novena dumbass in action.

Notice how easy it is to impersonate someone? I normally post as Geylang OKT but even that has be subverted by the silly novena dumbass

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered123
    You are also one siao kow.
    Saw u flooding other threads with 'creative' remarks.
    Got fired recently?

Unregistered99 Guest

owners please visit this forum.

http://dakotaresidence.freeforums.org/

UnregĄstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered99
    owners please visit this forum.

http://dakotaresidence.freeforums.org/
    Cool! Thanks.

UnregĄstered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Question
    You mean his HDB is better than your condo?
    Why? What's wrong with HDB flats?
    HDB flat is also a proper house what.

Look! So many are buying HDB flats!
    500 buyers for 480 units so far.

Time for you to change your mindset about HDB flats!

Quote Originally Posted by mr funny
    http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...388925/1/.html

Demand for and prices of public housing flats expected to stay resilient

By Wong Siew Ying, Channel NewsAsia | Posted: 10 November 2008 2054 hrs

SINGAPORE : The demand for and prices of public housing flats are expected to remain fairly resilient despite the economic downturn. Market watchers said this applies to both resale and new units.

Close to 9,000 people have visited the Natura Loft showflat since it was launched for sale on October 31.

Its developer, Qingjian Realty, has already received 500 applications, mostly for four-room units there. But only 480 units are being offered, and these are going for between S$450 and S$570 per square foot.

Sales will close on November 15 and Qingjian expects demand for the new flats to be robust. Natura Loft is the Housing and Development Board's fourth condo-style public housing project.

Similarly, interest for public resale flats has not slowed. Property agents said the number of viewings for resale units jumped by 15 per cent in the last six weeks.

Eric Cheng, executive director, HSR Property Consultants, said: "I did an interview with one of the consumers, they were sharing with me that 'In today's market, I don't know how long my job will last, so to safeguard, I would rather go for subsidised (a) house, that is HDB, because how low could HDB go, HDB houses always will have a valuation to support the base value of the units'."

Market watchers expect prices of resale flats to grow by about 4 per cent in the fourth quarter, slightly slower than the third quarter - which saw a 4.2 per cent growth.

ERA real estate agency projects price growth in the HDB resale flats segment to be at between 15 and 17 per cent for the whole of 2008. And it also said it is going to be a buyer's market for now, due to the challenging economic conditions.

Eugene Lim, associate director, ERA Asia Pacific, said: "Most of the buyers will start their negotiations at below valuation... by and large, most of the deals are pretty realistic nowadays, and cash over valuation very rarely will be more than S$40,000 to S$50,000. ... the days of S$100,000 or S$120,000 cash over valuation... are over."

Market players said the outlook for Singapore's property sector may be hazy in the short term, but the prospects still look bright beyond 2010. They said that is because Singapore has plans in place that will help to create jobs and boost the economy. - CNA/ms

Joo Chiat OKT Guest

Any business for my china mei mei here?