Page 18 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3813141516171819202122232833384348 ... LastLast

Thread: Dakota Residences (D14, 99 year Leasehold, Ho Bee & NTUC Choice Homes)

kc Guest

Quote Originally Posted by die die die
    I prefer kournikova.

neh neh bigger.
    ha ha!!! I still like sharapova - NTUC, (NEH TUA YEW CHIAM)

Dakota is my love Guest

Aiyoh! You so old already! Your generation Asian does not play tennis one lah. But it might matter to the new generation. Nowadays some kiasu parents even send their kids for tennis and golf lessons. For those who never and will never play the sport, then of course nevermind lah. But seriously, no harm in having an additional facility and more land in the condo rite, esp when public courts are rare and expensive. Many tennis player pick it up precisely they have a tennis court in their condo. So you or your children might be missing out on sth.

And also many chio bus play tennis! but if your taste steer towards China mei mei, then well, Dakota is the #1 choice!

Quote Originally Posted by D14 (Sure Die)
    Nah Beh, I stay condo for the last 40 years I never even step into our tennis courts. So, whats the big deal playing tennis!!!! Unless you say got Sharapova then maybe I will go there and see her.

D14 (Sure Die) Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota is my love
    Aiyoh! You so old already! Your generation Asian does not play tennis one lah. But it might matter to the new generation. Nowadays some kiasu parents even send their kids for tennis and golf lessons. For those who never and will never play the sport, then of course nevermind lah. But seriously, no harm in having an additional facility and more land in the condo rite, esp when public courts are rare and expensive. Many tennis player pick it up precisely they have a tennis court in their condo. So you or your children might be missing out on sth.

And also many chio bus play tennis! but if your taste steer towards China mei mei, then well, Dakota is the #1 choice!
    Hello, I old?? you run marathon with me I reach the line I go for my buffet I come back you still not there yet ok. Ai ya, what so good about tennis, if got massage room or jackpot room or theatre in the condo I say its no. 1

AgentKhoo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by die die die
    I prefer kournikova.

neh neh bigger.
    And that is why you should not buy Dakota. No tennis courts mean no neh neh to see... although you can just walk across geylang to sextisfy your lust and penchant for neh nehs

Undecided Guest

No tennis court mean not so good resale value. Apt status understandable. But for a development with "Condo" status and not even a single tennis court... very bad for resale. If you buy with intention to stay all your whole life, then ok.

AgentKhoo Guest

I think tomorrow if the developer don't lower prices, maybe even closing a single unit at Dakota also very difficult. Like striking lottery.

Passerby Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AgentKhoo
    I think tomorrow if the developer don't lower prices, maybe even closing a single unit at Dakota also very difficult. Like striking lottery.
    AgentKhoo... think you are just a ignorant sales person. I really laugh at your nonsense words. You are "playing" like an expert... you probably do not know who are the audience... professionals/bankers...

Please do not write again... so naive.

Passerby Guest

Probably one of those so-called agents who still can't make it in life yet... ha ha.

STOP YOUR NONSENSE PLEASE.

YOU'RE NOT WELCOMED!

Tony Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Passerby
    Probably one of those so-called agents who still can't make it in life yet... ha ha.

STOP YOUR NONSENSE PLEASE.

YOU'RE NOT WELCOMED!
    Absolutely. To compare Beacon Heights to Dakota Residences, and mis-informed of the pricing for the earlier *sigh* waste of time.

Did you guys read the Simon Cheong's interview in Today newspapers? Seem pretty bullish of the outlook for the property market.

AgentKhoo Guest

I am sorry, I agree that I am a lousy agent marketing Dakota Residences. But then, in the first place... Dakota Residences is a lousy project. So lousy agent marketing lousy project is quite fitting what.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony
    Absolutely. To compare Beacon Heights to Dakota Residences, and mis-informed of the pricing for the earlier *sigh* waste of time.

Did you guys read the Simon Cheong's interview in Today newspapers? Seem pretty bullish of the outlook for the property market.

AgentKhoo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Undecided
    No tennis court mean not so good resale value. Apt status understandable. But for a development with "Condo" status and not even a single tennis court... very bad for resale. If you buy with intention to stay all your whole life, then ok.
    Yes, my sentiments exactly

Good news!!! Guest

Talking

Recession is just next door!!! All you stupid dakota buyers prepare to go bankrupt!!!

Die pay high all die Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Good news!!!
    Recession is just next door!!! All you stupid dakota buyers prepare to go bankrupt!!!
    6 simple reasons why Dakota is a very bad choice

Really very very silly to fork out almost (1) $1000psf for a (2) 99yr condo with (3) no tennis court in the (4) red light area facing a big (5)geylang drain in the (6) vicinity of so many hdb flats.

Folks know resale value very poor when project is sited near hdb flats.

Unregistered007 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Die pay high all die
    6 simple reasons why Dakota is a very bad choice

Really very very silly to fork out almost (1) $1000psf for a (2) 99yr condo with (3) no tennis court in the (4) red light area facing a big (5)geylang drain in the (6) vicinity of so many hdb flats.

Folks know resale value very poor when project is sited near hdb flats.
    people got money; people like 99 year condo; people don't like tennis court; people don't mind red light or near hdb flats. cannot meh?

finally went to dakota to check out the showflat after all the hype.
    Shock shock horror horror.
    $1000psf for a location like that....
    i simply cannot understand y people are buying...
    Joke of the century..

Happy38 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe
    Joke of the century..
    On the contrary... bought a unit today

Happy38 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe
    Joke of the century..
    I am very excited about the upcoming revamp of the area... imagine the fresh water flowing geylang river... near park... city view at night... just at the fringe of the city... near the wonderful eateries...suntec... work place.. and near the good schools... which my children can attend.

Everyone has their own views... end of the day... be happy with what you like.... just like cars.... everyone has different preferences... BMW, Audi and Lexus.... some say Lexus is a rebadged Toyota..crazy to pay a premium for it... but I just like it for its reliability and understated luxury.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy38
    I am very excited about the upcoming revamp of the area... imagine the fresh water flowing geylang river... near park... city view at night... just at the fringe of the city... near the wonderful eateries...suntec... work place.. and near the good schools... which my children can attend.

Everyone has their own views... end of the day... be happy with what you like.... just like cars.... everyone has different preferences... BMW, Audi and Lexus.... some say Lexus is a rebadged Toyota..crazy to pay a premium for it... but I just like it for its reliability and understated luxury.
    Dude,
    $1000psf for a place like tat, u got to be kidding...
    That place is a slum area. Its super LC.
    I went there today to check out the hype, got the shock of my life.
    for $1100psf, i can get a unit in District 10!!!

Miss Ling Guest

I went to the showflat today at Dakota Crescent. First impression... at the supposedly busiest time after lunch, there were more agents than visitors to the showflat. Some of these agents were chatting with one another, others on their handphones, and several more smoking outside. Visitors numbered about maybe 10 or 15 persons at most.

Outside the geylang canal, brownish murk swirled by slowly past me. In the distance, several hdb flats bunched together beckons. If this Dakota is an upgraders' condo, it is fine with me. But don't expect me to pay premium price for this project at all. I was also very shocked when they told me although condo status, there is no tennis court. Why? So the developer can make more profits by putting more units at the expense of the tennis court?

Also, I would urge Ho Bee and NTUC to stop wasting their money printing countless of full page advertisements and instead pass on these savings to the buyers by offering discounts and absorbing stamp duty etc.

I would be surprised if there were any closings today.

InternalSources Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Ling
    I went to the showflat today at Dakota Crescent. First impression... at the supposedly busiest time after lunch, there were more agents than visitors to the showflat. Some of these agents were chatting with one another, others on their handphones, and several more smoking outside. Visitors numbered about maybe 10 or 15 persons at most.

Outside the geylang canal, brownish murk swirled by slowly past me. In the distance, several hdb flats bunched together beckons. If this Dakota is an upgraders' condo, it is fine with me. But don't expect me to pay premium price for this project at all. I was also very shocked when they told me although condo status, there is no tennis court. Why? So the developer can make more profits by putting more units at the expense of the tennis court?

Also, I would urge Ho Bee and NTUC to stop wasting their money printing countless of full page advertisements and instead pass on these savings to the buyers by offering discounts and absorbing stamp duty etc.

I would be surprised if there were any closings today.
    You are wrong, 10 units were sold today, respectable given that it is into 3rd week of launch and competition from the sudden rush of project launches and with stacks still unreleased. Weekdays, this weelk, average 2 units from Mon - Fri sold.

Miss Ling Guest

Quote Originally Posted by InternalSources
    You are wrong, 10 units were sold today, respectable given that it is into 3rd week of launch and competition from the sudden rush of project launches and with stacks still unreleased. Weekdays, this weelk, average 2 units from Mon - Fri sold.
    Are you saying that my observation this afternoon is incorrect? By the way, you shouldn't put 2 cheesy looking aunty agents at the counter.

$900-1000psf would have been reasonable if this is a freehold development.. for a 99 year LH, the price should be $800psf max

there's one big reason why i wouldnt consider this condo:
    TRANSPORT issue

dakota is considered to be in the eastern part of singapore and when you live in the east and drives to work, the most important part of your life is PIE and ECP. Dakota is not that far out from ECP but this expressway is one big chaos in the morning EVERYDAY.. yeap traffic jam everyday right under the ERP gantry. more importantly, Dakota is NOT near PIE and this is a serious problem cause PIE is really the main road you will take to go almost everywhere. live in the east + not near to PIE = at least 10-15 mins of additional travel times...

it's near a future mrt station BUT ultimately this is a circle line station and not along the main arterial lines (ie east-west and north-south). there's a significant difference in travel times when you have to change trains

AgentKhoo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by toaler
    $900-1000psf would have been reasonable if this is a freehold development.. for a 99 year LH, the price should be $800psf max

TRANSPORT issue

dakota is considered to be in the eastern part of singapore and when you live in the east and drives to work, the most important part of your life is PIE and ECP. Dakota is not that far out from ECP but this expressway is one big chaos in the morning EVERYDAY.. yeap traffic jam everyday right under the ERP gantry. more importantly, Dakota is NOT near PIE and this is a serious problem cause PIE is really the main road you will take to go almost everywhere. live in the east + not near to PIE = at least 10-15 mins of additional travel times...

it's near a future mrt station BUT ultimately this is a circle line station and not along the main arterial lines (ie east-west and north-south). there's a significant difference in travel times when you have to change trains
    Kindly enlighten, which expressway is freflow in the morning?

Unregistered22 Guest

Good schools? You mean good primary schools rite since secondary schools look at results rather than distance. You must have a very low standard of "good" schools. There ain't good schools in this area.

Did you notice all the things below are available even if you stay in HDB in Geylang? What's the point of staying in a 99 yr condo with no full facilities? If the location and MRT is the ONLY things you're looking for in your life, then I suggest you should buy a HDB. HDB units are even bigger!

Quote Originally Posted by Happy38

AgentKhoo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered22
    Good schools? You mean good primary schools rite since secondary schools look at results rather than distance. You must have a very low standard of "good" schools. There ain't good schools in this area.

Did you notice all the things below are available even if you stay in HDB in Geylang? What's the point of staying in a 99 yr condo with no full facilities? If the location and MRT is the ONLY things you're looking for in your life, then I suggest you should buy a HDB. HDB units are even bigger!
    I agree with you. Dakota Residences is pure crap. Go for Waterfront Waves. That one got real reservoir compared to a geylang longkang

Bad circle line Guest

The circle line is the most inefficient line. Someone even wrote to forum to complain about the stupid line that goes round and gets nowhere! The response from LTA is that circle line is meant for people to travel from one suburb to another suburb, not intended to bring people fast fast to town. With the new downtown lines with are lines connecting directly to town, all the circle lines property will start to look unattractive. Even from Dakota, if you take MRT, it will take 45 min to reach your office - including walking time, waiting time, MRT travel time, walking to interchange, wait for another train and then finally walk to your office. Everything 10 min - add up to 50 min already. Where got fast?

TRANSPORT issue

AgentKhoo Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bad circle line
    The circle line is the most inefficient line. Someone even wrote to forum to complain about the stupid line that goes round and gets nowhere! The response from LTA is that circle line is meant for people to travel from one suburb to another suburb, not intended to bring people fast fast to town. With the new downtown lines with are lines connecting directly to town, all the circle lines property will start to look unattractive. Even from Dakota, if you take MRT, it will take 45 min to reach your office - including walking time, waiting time, MRT travel time, walking to interchange, wait for another train and then finally walk to your office. Everything 10 min - add up to 50 min already. Where got fast?
    I think those who bought into Dakota will see their prices half in a few years time

Happy38 Guest

TRANSPORT issue

Doesn't seem so to me. CTE is really jam though.

Kindly enlighten, which expressway is freflow in the morning?
    Well. well.. the jam on ECP is one of the worst every morning and this is disgusting considering they charge $2.50 to let you creep your way through the ERP gantry

Happy38 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Ling
    Are you saying that my observation this afternoon is incorrect? By the way, you shouldn't put 2 cheesy looking aunty agents at the counter.
    Ms Ling, you are really contradictory. You said DR was jam packed in Waterfront Waves tread.... now say no one.

Obviously.... you writing rubbish.