Page 17 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2712131415161718192021222732374247 ... LastLast

Thread: Dakota Residences (D14, 99 year Leasehold, Ho Bee & NTUC Choice Homes)

Unregistered99 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AgentKhoo
    If you read carefully... it is all hype and no substance for a gaylang condo
    full of your poo

737 Guest

given same entry prices, if we compare quality/design of all mass market projects launched, kovan residences may be a better choice... if we compare based on location, tg rhu is still a safer and also more upmarket & quality bet than dakota crescent.. surrounding except for the market and mrt (a given thing given the expanded network) are the only draw..really template design...

Novice12 Guest

The pricing is reasonable if I were to compare to the new launches in Mar Thoma, Pasir Ris and Hougang..... in terms of rental market, I think better too but I am a novice, so just my 5 cents. Most of the forumers place their take on the future, sports hub, mrt etc but I think so too.

BMW Lover Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Novice12
    The pricing is reasonable if I were to compare to the new launches in Mar Thoma, Pasir Ris and Hougang..... in terms of rental market, I think better too but I am a novice, so just my 5 cents. Most of the forumers place their take on the future, sports hub, mrt etc but I think so too.
    Yes... and I bought one unit myself.

Unregistered999 Guest

I bought one unit too, very pleased with my decision! cheers to all DR buyers

Buyer88 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered999
    I bought one unit too, very pleased with my decision! cheers to all DR buyers
    Me too. Bought a 3 bedder.

DR owner Guest

Quote Originally Posted by BMW Lover
    Yes... and I bought one unit myself.
    Bought a 3 bedroom too. Stack 1

Tony Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Market Watcher
    What do you guys think?

Unregistered999 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by DR owner
    Bought a 3 bedroom too. Stack 1
    me too, unit facing south

Cannot fool us Guest

All posted by the same agent desperately waiting in the showroom frantically hoping to sell a unit at dakota residences.

Beacon is much, much better. 999yrs, cost 600psf, got tennis court and in a decent neightbourhood whereas Dakota is 99yrs, cost 1000psf, no tennis court, facing geylang longkang and future tenants will be china mei mei and bangla workers.

Curious Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tony
    What do you guys think?
    I am a believer

Unregistered-- Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cannot fool us
    All posted by the same agent desperately waiting in the showroom frantically hoping to sell a unit at dakota residences.

Beacon is much, much better. 999yrs, cost 600psf, got tennis court and in a decent neightbourhood whereas Dakota is 99yrs, cost 1000psf, no tennis court, facing geylang longkang and future tenants will be china mei mei and bangla workers.
    beacon is $850 psf according to the agent who posted at the thread, NOT $600 psf!

good Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered--
    beacon is $850 psf according to the agent who posted at the thread, NOT $600 psf!
    Seeing how a lousy condo like Dakota can sell for 1000psf... no wonder the Beacon developer raise their prices too!

Tony Guest

Quote Originally Posted by good
    Seeing how a lousy condo like Dakota can sell for 1000psf... no wonder the Beacon developer raise their prices too!
    Then really no fight, I was hoping that the St Michael project is really priced to sell, if $850 psf, I will buy Dakota Residences. When I went to the showroom last week, $1000 psf was for top floors, lower floors going from $920-$930 psf.

Value for money Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tony
    Then really no fight, I was hoping that the St Michael project is really priced to sell, if $850 psf, I will buy Dakota Residences. When I went to the showroom last week, $1000 psf was for top floors, lower floors going from $920-$930 psf.
    999 yrs versus 99yrs and with tennis court in a decent location compared to red light area. The choice is obvous

Value of money Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Value for money
    999 yrs versus 99yrs and with tennis court in a decent location compared to red light area. The choice is obvous
    I mean Dakota is value for money.

Kel Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Value of money
    I mean Dakota is value for money.
    Dakota Residences has been priced to factor in all the purportedly negatives which to me are not really negatives eg tennis court, near Geylang etc The pluses ay outweigh and I think this has been much debated in earlier posts.

Unregistered000 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Kel
    Dakota Residences has been priced to factor in all the purportedly negatives which to me are not really negatives eg tennis court, near Geylang etc The pluses ay outweigh and I think this has been much debated in earlier posts.
    what's wrong with being near to Geylang? boon keng, kallang are all near to geylang then. that doesn't make them a red light area. i have never considered dakota area as red light.

Sian Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered000
    what's wrong with being near to Geylang? boon keng, kallang are all near to geylang then. that doesn't make them a red light area. i have never considered dakota area as red light.
    Yah, district 14 is so big...includes kembangan, eunos....just because geylang is in D14, we say D14 is crap? Just becoz your property is in D14, you are doomed? Nothing is wrong with Geylang to begin with.

Very sian for someone to keep blah blah blah on tennis court, geylang and china meimei...we heard enough and it doesn't change our minds on dakota (good or bad). Don't be childish, move on...

Can we now all have a proper discussion amongst owners on this property?

Sian Guest

And to the agents who are so desperately trying to sell your other property, running down Dakota just irates people, it is more fruitful to go set up your own thread and boast all the good things your property has to offer...people know how to compare...don't need you to go on talking abt tennis court...99years...china meimei and Geylang etc.

Say all the good things about your own property, people and viewers will flock to your thread and showflat. Don't waste time arguing with the owners and agents for this project...it really doesn't change anything.

Bystander Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sian
    And to the agents who are so desperately trying to sell your other property, running down Dakota just irates people, it is more fruitful to go set up your own thread and boast all the good things your property has to offer...people know how to compare...don't need you to go on talking abt tennis court...99years...china meimei and Geylang etc.

Say all the good things about your own property, people and viewers will flock to your thread and showflat. Don't waste time arguing with the owners and agents for this project...it really doesn't change anything.
    You are right! Dakota is still poo as far as we are concerned.

HDB upgrader Guest

Exactly. 90% of HDB upgraders have never stepped into a tennis court. It is an expensive sport, not easy to pick up and need coaches. It is a "rich man" sports. So I believe most Dakota buyers wouldn't mind because in the first place, the target crowd is never the upmarket crowd to begin with - people without cars, don't do much sports let alone tennis.

Quote Originally Posted by Sian
    Yah, district 14 is so big...includes kembangan, eunos....just because geylang is in D14, we say D14 is crap? Just becoz your property is in D14, you are doomed? Nothing is wrong with Geylang to begin with.

Very sian for someone to keep blah blah blah on tennis court, geylang and china meimei...we heard enough and it doesn't change our minds on dakota (good or bad). Don't be childish, move on...

Can we now all have a proper discussion amongst owners on this property?

scratchingmyhead Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HDB upgrader
    Exactly. 90% of HDB upgraders have never stepped into a tennis court. It is an expensive sport, not easy to pick up and need coaches. It is a "rich man" sports. So I believe most Dakota buyers wouldn't mind because in the first place, the target crowd is never the upmarket crowd to begin with - people without cars, don't do much sports let alone tennis.
    are you kidding??? tennis a rich man's sport???

Futile arguments Guest

The 99LH vs FH, tennis vs no tennis, exclusive environment will only matter to people who have grown up in a certain pedigree. That is why the argument is futile. Imagine you have never driven a car in your life, the proximity to MRT will outweigh the redlight district stigma. As for tennis court, most HDB upgraders have never played the sports - they just want to live in a private address to prove that they're no longer HDB. And 99LH and estate management is the last thing on their mind. They just need to say they're not staying in public housing, the rest is secondary.

dakota fans Guest

Yes it is because it needs coaching (easily more than $50per hour) to be able to play well. Public courts are very difficult to book because the coaches take up all the good time slots. Most tennis players will know that. Look at the profile of the ardent tennis players - very few come from poor families.

In any case, it is not an easy sport. So does not matter to this group - people who doesn't and will never play the sport.
    Quote Originally Posted by scratchingmyhead
    are you kidding??? tennis a rich man's sport???

Truth be told Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Futile arguments
    The 99LH vs FH, tennis vs no tennis, exclusive environment will only matter to people who have grown up in a certain pedigree. That is why the argument is futile. Imagine you have never driven a car in your life, the proximity to MRT will outweigh the redlight district stigma. As for tennis court, most HDB upgraders have never played the sports - they just want to live in a private address to prove that they're no longer HDB. And 99LH and estate management is the last thing on their mind. They just need to say they're not staying in public housing, the rest is secondary.
    And because they cannot face the sea or reservoir like other good projects, face the geylang longkang will also make these hdb upgraders happy in dakota.

Unregistered090 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Bystander
    You are right! Dakota is still poo as far as we are concerned.
    eat your poo whatever and however you want then

Unregistered00 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dakota fans
    Yes it is because it needs coaching (easily more than $50per hour) to be able to play well. Public courts are very difficult to book because the coaches take up all the good time slots. Most tennis players will know that. Look at the profile of the ardent tennis players - very few come from poor families.

In any case, it is not an easy sport. So does not matter to this group - people who doesn't and will never play the sport.
    don't play tennis means you will die meh? tennis players earn more? tennis players are higher-class? swimmers earn lesser and lower-class? stuff and nonsense.

D14 (Sure Die) Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered00
    don't play tennis means you will die meh? tennis players earn more? tennis players are higher-class? swimmers earn lesser and lower-class? stuff and nonsense.
    Nah Beh, I stay condo for the last 40 years I never even step into our tennis courts. So, whats the big deal playing tennis!!!! Unless you say got Sharapova then maybe I will go there and see her.

die die die Guest

Quote Originally Posted by D14 (Sure Die)
    Nah Beh, I stay condo for the last 40 years I never even step into our tennis courts. So, whats the big deal playing tennis!!!! Unless you say got Sharapova then maybe I will go there and see her.
    I prefer kournikova.

neh neh bigger.