Page 7 of 49 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121722273237 ... LastLast

Thread: Dakota Residences (D14, 99 year Leasehold, Ho Bee & NTUC Choice Homes)

Default dakoda sucks

Your name dakoda sucks says it all.You like to suck.

Chicken Hunter Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dakoda sucks.
    100% many units will be thrown back to developer mark my words... After they realised that they bought shit in the midst of low class hdb area with geylang the nearest entertainment spot.
    What's wrong with being near Geylang, its best place for chicken hunting! Everynight, this place is congested with hardly a parking lot. Vibrancy is the word!

Sensible Guest

Quote Originally Posted by They are near
    Hillview to Dunearn is only around 3km. Hillview-Upper Bukit Timah-Dunearn. How can Dunearn to Bukit timah to Orchard to Rocher to Alexandra to Pasir Panjang be 3km? I drive to Rail Mall for dinner some times from 6th Ave and it takes me 5 min via Upper Bukit timah. Everywhere in SG is quite near. The reality is district zoning makes a difference in the pricing. But if you do not mind the district zoning, which is artificial demarkation, then you're right to say Novena is no different from Balestier, but well, unfortunately, some people do care. Interesting part is, nowdays our address no longer reflect the old districts - so it only makes difference in classifieds
    Fair comments. Totally agree. No need to talk down one project against another. Cote D'Azur has positives and Dakota Crescent has positives, just different positives. District 14 is so big, not confined to Geylang only. Yes, Spore is so "big". I have no hang-up over a "HDB address" or "low income" area or "non-prime" as long as I like the project! Buying a house is an emotional thing, so, as long as one likes it, one pays... and some may just like District 14. I like that area because I grew up there.

Never stay HDB Guest

Is that so? I never stay in HDB before. Anyway, who stares at postal code?

Quote Originally Posted by registered
    That is a fact. It puzzled me why this needs to be discussed in this forum....

YouAreGoondu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by u goondu
    our president stays in biggest GCB in dhoby ghaut lah. goondu.
    http://www.betelbox.com/about_joochiat.htm

"Nowadays, the Joo Chiat area is a haven for food lovers and its eateries are famous all over Singapore. This area is also famous for the President of Singapore, His Excellency S.R. Nathan who lives just 5 minutes walk from the hostel; just behind Joo Chiat."

The first one who posted the question is so well informed and knowledgeable.

GoodForesight Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dakoda sucks.
    100% many units will be thrown back to developer mark my words... After they realised that they bought shit in the midst of low class hdb area with geylang the nearest entertainment spot.
    I bet otherwise.

Expatriate Guest

... one has to have the private property address on NRIC to "validate" one's status and to prove what....? Does it matter? And why should it matter? Mmmm.... Singaporeans are strange.

Expatriate1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Never stay HDB
    Is that so? I never stay in HDB before. Anyway, who stares at postal code?
    Exactly......

Buyer88 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Expatriate1
    Exactly......
    I tend to agree

Move out Guest

This is a Joo Chiat sleazy hostel website for God's sake! For course they say good things about the "vibrancy" (hehe) of nearby Joo Chiat and Geylang lah!

No wonder the President moves out. This place no longer conducive. We should look at the place as it is NOW, not its past glory 30 yrs ago.

Quote Originally Posted by YouAreGoondu
    http://www.betelbox.com/about_joochiat.htm

"Nowadays, the Joo Chiat area is a haven for food lovers and its eateries are famous all over Singapore. This area is also famous for the President of Singapore, His Excellency S.R. Nathan who lives just 5 minutes walk from the hostel; just behind Joo Chiat."

The first one who posted the question is so well informed and knowledgeable.

JooChiat Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Move out
    This is a Joo Chiat sleazy hostel website for God's sake! For course they say good things about the "vibrancy" (hehe) of nearby Joo Chiat and Geylang lah!

No wonder the President moves out. This place no longer conducive. We should look at the place as it is NOW, not its past glory 30 yrs ago.
    Nathan's house still there ie family home, still see him there sometimes, the "palace" is the President's not his, get what I mean? The next President will move in.

Sad Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Expatriate
    ... one has to have the private property address on NRIC to "validate" one's status and to prove what....? Does it matter? And why should it matter? Mmmm.... Singaporeans are strange.
    Sad. Very sad.

Move In Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Move out

One word: Potential. Yes, not past glory.

Unregistered9990 Guest

Dakota is further away from the seedy Geylang and Joo Chiat. But potential wise, not much. At 1000psf in the current market and nearby resale at 40% lower, there's not much upside in the short term. The project TOP in 2011? If you're looking for a home or investment, you have all the time in the world. Property is unlikely to fly through the roof in the next few mths. Don't have to buy TODAY. Or can buy a resale nearby and get immediate rental yield.

Quote Originally Posted by Move In
    One word: Potential. Yes, not past glory.

Dan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sensible
    Fair comments. Totally agree. No need to talk down one project against another. Cote D'Azur has positives and Dakota Crescent has positives, just different positives. District 14 is so big, not confined to Geylang only. Yes, Spore is so "big". I have no hang-up over a "HDB address" or "low income" area or "non-prime" as long as I like the project! Buying a house is an emotional thing, so, as long as one likes it, one pays... and some may just like District 14. I like that area because I grew up there.
    Yalor, I like the area because so near to town and the new stadium, sports centre which have entertainment centre, retail and hotel? Do not like that it is priced beyond my reach.

Dan1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered9990
    Dakota is further away from the seedy Geylang and Joo Chiat. But potential wise, not much. At 1000psf in the current market and nearby resale at 40% lower, there's not much upside in the short term. The project TOP in 2011? If you're looking for a home or investment, you have all the time in the world. Property is unlikely to fly through the roof in the next few mths. Don't have to buy TODAY. Or can buy a resale nearby and get immediate rental yield.
    Where 40% lower? Serious buyer. Lover of Dakota Residences but no $$$.

Unregistered01 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dan1
    Nearest: Dunman Heights? Fortune Jade? Both > SGD900psf.

Unregistered02 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered01
    Nearest: Dunman Heights? Fortune Jade? Both > SGD900psf.
    Sorry, Dunman View, about $900 psf.

TK Guest

Telok Kurau resale? $600-$700psf.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered02
    Sorry, Dunman View, about $900 psf.

Try URA Guest

Go to URA or nationproperty website and search transaction by D13,D14 and D15. You'll find many transacted at $700psf for resale.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan1

Buyer111 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Try URA
    Go to URA or nationproperty website and search transaction by D13,D14 and D15. You'll find many transacted at $700psf for resale.
    Not Telok Kurau, but along Old Airport Road, Dunman Road, Dakota Crescent... I am searching along this stretch. Let me know. Serious buyer.

Best Guest

Not sure where u draw the imaginary line - D14 issit? So you gotta search yourself. Dunman View 700+psf latest transaction. I'm just trying to say Dakota may not be best value.

Quote Originally Posted by Buyer111
    Not Telok Kurau, but along Old Airport Road, Dunman Road, Dakota Crescent... I am searching along this stretch. Let me know. Serious buyer.

Buyer112 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Best
    Not sure where u draw the imaginary line - D14 issit? So you gotta search yourself. Dunman View 700+psf latest transaction. I'm just trying to say Dakota may not be best value.
    Okay, guess because of the "new" factor and the proximity to MRT, that is why a premium. I check Dunman View's caveats lodged, still high $800 leh

Quote Originally Posted by Buyer112
    Okay, guess because of the "new" factor and the proximity to MRT, that is why a premium. I check Dunman View's caveats lodged, still high $800 leh
    hmm seriously this condo would be worth only $600psf less than 2 years ago.. cant imagine why everyone is rushing is jump onto the bandwagon that is obviously going down the slope in the next couple of years

1st quarter rise was 3+% and 2nd was 0.4%.. it's a well known fact that a decline is usually preceded by ZERO growth. the factors causing this plateau will soon force the market into a minor correction. i am quite surprised at this drastic halt to the bullish property market but as consumers, we should be pushing hard for this correction and not fuel this nonsensical peak in property prices by gobbling up whatever the developer throws at us..

i am not talking about a big major correction back to the doldrums of 2004 but at least prices should match that of the population's financial abilities to pay for private residences..

$950-1000psf for a 99 year condo is a bit too high for my liking..

Dollars&Cents Guest

Quote Originally Posted by toaler
    hmm seriously this condo would be worth only $600psf less than 2 years ago.. cant imagine why everyone is rushing is jump onto the bandwagon that is obviously going down the slope in the next couple of years

1st quarter rise was 3+% and 2nd was 0.4%.. it's a well known fact that a decline is usually preceded by ZERO growth. the factors causing this plateau will soon force the market into a minor correction. i am quite surprised at this drastic halt to the bullish property market but as consumers, we should be pushing hard for this correction and not fuel this nonsensical peak in property prices by gobbling up whatever the developer throws at us..

i am not talking about a big major correction back to the doldrums of 2004 but at least prices should match that of the population's financial abilities to pay for private residences..

$950-1000psf for a 99 year condo is a bit too high for my liking..
    Let's see what the 99-year Silversea will be priced..... my take is that the correction for non-luxury segment will be 5%-10% but some may argue that this project is already down from the earlier expected $1100-1200 announced by the developer a year ago... of course, if compared to 2004/2005, this project will be expensive. Oh, well.. no one knows really.

Darius Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars&Cents
    Let's see what the 99-year Silversea will be priced..... my take is that the correction for non-luxury segment will be 5%-10% but some may argue that this project is already down from the earlier expected $1100-1200 announced by the developer a year ago... of course, if compared to 2004/2005, this project will be expensive. Oh, well.. no one knows really.
    Dakota is priced along with the 99-year Water Place and Sanctuary Green, the latter boast seaview and Dakota, city closeness and MRT? At the peak, those 2 projects breached $1300 psf! Shocking.

SueEllen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Darius
    Dakota is priced along with the 99-year Water Place and Sanctuary Green, the latter boast seaview and Dakota, city closeness and MRT? At the peak, those 2 projects breached $1300 psf! Shocking.
    How old are those Tanjong Rhu projects?

Tan Jong Rue Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen
    How old are those Tanjong Rhu projects?
    It is just like speculators driving up oil price. Really worth maybe 70$ but now over 140$. Just like that those projects worth 600$. Once bubble bursts oil will flow and for condos here blood will flow once flippers get knocked down. Simple.

Peak Guest

Today's ST Money page, property prices peaked.

ohh my my Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Peak
    Today's ST Money page, property prices peaked.
    it actually fell if u consider inflation.