Page 6 of 49 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111621263136 ... LastLast

Thread: Dakota Residences (D14, 99 year Leasehold, Ho Bee & NTUC Choice Homes)

Obsession Guest

IMO we Singaporeans, are obsessed with new condos.

The fact is that a LH99 asking for close to 1K psf versus sub-sale projects
    in East Coast and Amber Rd calling for the same or less is something to ponder and re-think.

Seriously one must think before commiting unless its for own stay and u only want this location and therefore dont mind paying the premium price but otherwise one will look back and realise the mistake in year 2010-2011.

Geylang river Guest

D14 resale properties are only fetching 600psf. Is it because everyone crazy over the Geylang river view?

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession

in East Coast and Amber Rd calling for the same or less is something to ponder and re-think.

Seriously one must think before commiting unless its for own stay and u only want this location and therefore dont mind paying the premium price but otherwise one will look back and realise the mistake in year 2010-2011.

Cry Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Obsession

Amber Road, The Seaview, FH though is calling for $1,250psf unless you are comparing to Cote which is older, 99year but no MRT but have PP and further from CBD. So, it is between Cote or Dakota. I choose the later as that area is over-built with Rose Garden, Silversea yet to launch.

Cry1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang river
    D14 resale properties are only fetching 600psf. Is it because everyone crazy over the Geylang river view?
    Just like Balestier versus Novena. How to compare?

Geylang is D14 Guest

Balestier is D12 while Novena is prime D11 - they are different. Dakota is D14, exactly the same district as Geylang and facing Geylang river. Why cannot compare? It's a complicated area along the same road as rental HDB. D14 is D14.

Quote Originally Posted by Cry1
    Just like Balestier versus Novena. How to compare?

Unregistered3 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Wow1
    I thought developer normally keep the best facing units...
    If only preview and launch lousy units...then the wow and the crowd won't be there...where to get free publicity? Need to balance...

how different? Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang is D14
    Balestier is D12 while Novena is prime D11 - they are different. Dakota is D14, exactly the same district as Geylang and facing Geylang river. Why cannot compare? It's a complicated area along the same road as rental HDB. D14 is D14.
    D12 and D11 are separated only by a 2-way road with short-time love hotels and sleazy pubs on both sides.

I don't see how they are different.

Buyer88 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cry
    Amber Road, The Seaview, FH though is calling for $1,250psf unless you are comparing to Cote which is older, 99year but no MRT but have PP and further from CBD. So, it is between Cote or Dakota. I choose the later as that area is over-built with Rose Garden, Silversea yet to launch.
    agree fully. Dakota is better value.... Amber, Seaview, Esta area... too congested...

Cote is going between 1100 to 1300 psf now.... so Dakota is very attractively priced... considering it is at a less congested place... near dakota MRT...near town... BUT of course... Dakota does not have SEA VIEW

All have merits... SO IT IS WAT YOU WANT !!!

Buyer88 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by how different?
    D12 and D11 are separated only by a 2-way road with short-time love hotels and sleazy pubs on both sides.

Like Hillview and Dunearn... so near... yet price so far apart... Dakota is in a area that govt had indicated it wld be revamped.... so the upside should be there. Wonder how much silversea will be priced?????

dont hv seaview, save little bit in psf,nearer to town, got mrt, got big longkang/river view also can lah

No diff Guest

Well, that is why the district zoning is important And it is far fetched to say Dakota is Novena and Geylang is Balestier. Dakota crescent is a low income area, so how to compare to Novena? Or u like the place because u take MRT and like the HDB facilities? If u have such taste, why not settle for HDB there? For a lower price, u get a much bigger unit. It's a HDB address and 99LH anyway. Just food for thought - what is the upside?

Quote Originally Posted by how different?

you call that near? Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Buyer88
    Like Hillview and Dunearn... so near... yet price so far apart... Dakota is in a area that govt had indicated it wld be revamped.... so the upside should be there. Wonder how much silversea will be priced?????
    Hillview and Dunearn where got near each other???

There is a few square kilometres between them!

The distance from Hillview to Dunearn, I can go from Dunearn to Orchard liao.

Like that next time I can ask: Dunearn and Orchard so near, how come price so far apart?

you call that near? Guest

CORRECTION: The distance from Hillview to Dunearn, I can go from Dunearn past Orchard, past Alexandra, into Pasir Panjang liao!

Or past Orchard, into Rochor, into Kallang liao!

Dun believe? See the Singapore map lor!

JR Guest

agree fully. Dakota is better value.... Amber, Seaview, Esta area... too congested...

Cote is going between 1100 to 1300 psf now.... so Dakota is very attractively priced... considering it is at a less congested place... near dakota MRT...near town... BUT of course... Dakota does not have SEA VIEW

I dont understand one's concept of congested. Does one mean with all the HDB blocks and rental flats surrounding it is less congested? I mean max our own unit is 2k+ sqft for PH and right here we are talking as if living on landed property

Not sure whether u have taken a bus from Parkway to Suntec, 10 mins via ECP, comparable to Trains if not faster as don't have to go up and down stations. FH at Amber + 10 min bus ride to town + 10 min drive to IR + 10 min walk to PP + 10 min walk to Big Splash & beach + D15 > DR

ILoveBuses Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JR
    I dont understand one's concept of congested. Does one mean with all the HDB blocks and rental flats surrounding it is less congested? I mean max our own unit is 2k+ sqft for PH and right here we are talking as if living on landed property

Not sure whether u have taken a bus from Parkway to Suntec, 10 mins via ECP, comparable to Trains if not faster as don't have to go up and down stations. FH at Amber + 10 min bus ride to town + 10 min drive to IR + 10 min walk to PP + 10 min walk to Big Splash & beach + D15 > DR
    What a lot of bus rides mmmm... does bus = low income and Dakota = low income like one forumer suggest. Of course not lah! No offence to those staying at Cote, a great project with its own pluses.

SueEllen Guest

Yalor, can agree to disagree. Those who buy Dakota Crescent sees POTENTIAL and not low income area that is the beauty, foresight.

GoodforPresident Guest

Is it true that our beloved President stays in District 14?

Hope Guest

I only hope govt wakes up to tear down the SIT flats...a sore thumb there in the future

hopefully Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hope
    I only hope govt wakes up to tear down the SIT flats...a sore thumb there in the future
    can someone write to URA??

Unregistered3 Guest

Default Kovan Residences

Anyone who has seen Kovan Residences? Any views on the project and its pricing?

They are near Guest

Hillview to Dunearn is only around 3km. Hillview-Upper Bukit Timah-Dunearn. How can Dunearn to Bukit timah to Orchard to Rocher to Alexandra to Pasir Panjang be 3km? I drive to Rail Mall for dinner some times from 6th Ave and it takes me 5 min via Upper Bukit timah. Everywhere in SG is quite near. The reality is district zoning makes a difference in the pricing. But if you do not mind the district zoning, which is artificial demarkation, then you're right to say Novena is no different from Balestier, but well, unfortunately, some people do care. Interesting part is, nowdays our address no longer reflect the old districts - so it only makes difference in classifieds
    Quote Originally Posted by you call that near?
    CORRECTION: The distance from Hillview to Dunearn, I can go from Dunearn past Orchard, past Alexandra, into Pasir Panjang liao!

Or past Orchard, into Rochor, into Kallang liao!

Dun believe? See the Singapore map lor!

Old HDB Guest

Hope not. The rental flats are part of SG history and should be preserved. We shouldn't tear down everything. The rental flats hv more architectural merits that Dakota, which is the usual boring glass box. The eye sore is Dakota, not the HDB - which should be conserved.

Quote Originally Posted by Hope

Unregistered3 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Old HDB
    Hope not. The rental flats are part of SG history and should be preserved. We shouldn't tear down everything. The rental flats hv more architectural merits that Dakota, which is the usual boring glass box. The eye sore is Dakota, not the HDB - which should be conserved.
    It may be a matter of time these HDBs make way...afterall, more famous landmarks have already been torn down...

Unregistered3 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Darius
    I have a good feel of this project and potential for price appreciation is there..... good location. Ok pricing. So, how many units sold todate?
    Based on "My Paper" today, another 60 units sold in the 2nd weekend...total units sold ard 140.

Think not easy for the developer to sell the remaining units...

Poor Address Guest

That is true. Cannot put "Dakota Residence" into the IC.

Quote Originally Posted by you fool
    What private add you talking about? Your IC and official docs will not show "Dakota Residences" but instead will show "Blk xx, Dakata Crescent, #xx-xx, Singapore xxxxxx"

same as any HDB there!

40% sold Guest

So 40% sold. 3rd weekend will be worse as people run to even newer launches. But from the looks from this forum, people here seem v excited about this development being near HDB amenities - comfort zone for many. So may sell better than others bah.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered3
    Based on "My Paper" today, another 60 units sold in the 2nd weekend...total units sold ard 140.

Think not easy for the developer to sell the remaining units...

u goondu Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoodforPresident
    Is it true that our beloved President stays in District 14?
    our president stays in biggest GCB in dhoby ghaut lah. goondu.

Unregistered3 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Poor Address
    That is true. Cannot put "Dakota Residence" into the IC.
    Generally, if the last few digits of the postal codes reflects the block number, it is HDB. For pte property, the postal code doesn't reflect the block number.

registered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered3
    Generally, if the last few digits of the postal codes reflects the block number, it is HDB. For pte property, the postal code doesn't reflect the block number.
    That is a fact. It puzzled me why this needs to be discussed in this forum....

dakoda sucks. Guest

Quote Originally Posted by registered
    That is a fact. It puzzled me why this needs to be discussed in this forum....
    100% many units will be thrown back to developer mark my words... After they realised that they bought shit in the midst of low class hdb area with geylang the nearest entertainment spot.