Page 4 of 49 FirstFirst 1234567891419242934 ... LastLast

Thread: Dakota Residences (D14, 99 year Leasehold, Ho Bee & NTUC Choice Homes)

Unregistered3 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by friends
    Does it really matter? Nowadays people dun stay in the same house for more than 30 years.
    Agree, location is more impt. But, having said that, the general feel from people is that they place more "value" on a FH property...no right or wrong.

D 12 - 14 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered3
    Maybe coz I'm a "East" person, D14 holds more value to me.

But, D12 is also very central and close to town...so I guess, at the end of the day, it boils down to personal preference for the area and the amenities (that would serve your purpose)...

BTW, what's the psf for the Verve? Understand that the units are generally quite small?

Yes, I believe ppl who bought the Verve is more for investment ie rental to expats. Units are typically small. Studios sizes are ard 441sqf only for about $500K. Psf is about $900 to 1100 in today's prices.

Happy1 Guest

Any idea what is the psf for this launch?
    Anyone can advise?

LH Guest

At the end of the day, it is still many Singapore dream to ultimately stay in FH properties. Many pple go through this life cycle 99LH HDB ->LH condo ->FH condo/landed. Of course one may argue that rich people buy 99LH properties too, but mostly as investment. Most of the truly-rich's primary residence is FH property because the rich cannot spend all their money in their lifetime and will bother to save their estate for future generations. Having said that, I think many HDB upgraders will not bother with FH vs LH since they take a short term interest in their property - like what someone say earlier, if they plan to sell and upgrade shortly, who cares as long as someone willing to take the shorter end of the stick? Do always bear in mind that 99LH condos will usually have a high proportion of HDB upgraders, the neighbours would be more HDB-like, which can be both a boon and a bane. Also, there is a high probably that 99LH leases may not be extended - which has happened already in 3 cases. So the property value will start to decline when the lease term is near.

Agree, location is more impt. But, having said that, the general feel from people is that they place more "value" on a FH property...no right or wrong.

Registered Guest

Did the developer increase price? Going to the showflat tomorrow.

Bus Guest

The showroom was packed today. Some units above $1000 psf.

Unregistered4 Guest

Wow, the fever is BACK!

UP UP Guest

pent-up demand over the last 8-9 months after the scrap of deferred payment scheme and some small consolidation of prices, more realistic prices. This project is in good location, near city and with mrt. Quiet surroundings, off main road. If I got the dough, I will buy too.

Darius Guest

Somehow, NTUC projects sell well. 50,000 link points = ??

Old Money Guest

There are a lot of High Net Worth individuals currently waiting on the sideline waiting to buy. So, once there is a signal these people will rush in to snap up supposedly hot properties. I am sure there are also a lot of enbloc home owners who have not got a replacement home yet waiting for more attractive prices. All these HNW will help support the property market.

Martin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Old Money
    There are a lot of High Net Worth individuals currently waiting on the sideline waiting to buy. So, once there is a signal these people will rush in to snap up supposedly hot properties. I am sure there are also a lot of enbloc home owners who have not got a replacement home yet waiting for more attractive prices. All these HNW will help support the property market.
    I was at the showroom.... somehow I do not think the project attract the younger HDB upgraders crowd but more the more established, older crowd ie those that already own private properties with say teen or grown up children?? also, the buyers seem to be buying for investment, just my observation.

Darren Guest

At 1000 psf.... obviously... it is out of reach of upgraders...

assuming a loan of $1m..... over 35 years.... you are looking at 4-5K installment a month

interested Guest

anyone there today? how's the sales?

Investment Guest

So it's the older crowd buying for investment? Very garang for specuinvestors now to buy now for investment, esp when every indication out there is property prices will correct. At 1000psf, rental yield can't be too great right? Anyway, good news that volume is coming back in droves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin
    I was at the showroom.... somehow I do not think the project attract the younger HDB upgraders crowd but more the more established, older crowd ie those that already own private properties with say teen or grown up children?? also, the buyers seem to be buying for investment, just my observation.

Bored shopper Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Investment
    So it's the older crowd buying for investment? Very garang for specuinvestors now to buy now for investment, esp when every indication out there is property prices will correct. At 1000psf, rental yield can't be too great right? Anyway, good news that volume is coming back in droves.
    Oh they are merely window shoppers. Haven't had a chance to do that due to low number of launches. Kids bored at home so they go around. Dont read too much into it.

JR Guest

I just visited the show flat earlier, lots of people, reminds me of the last yr craze. But after studing the project, decided against buying as:

1) The supposedly nice Geylang River on site plan is actually a big dirty canal. Brownish water flowing thru when i was there in the afternoon. I fail to appreciate brownish canal view or landed property rooftop view.

2) All the stacks facing the school would have no end of Marikita in the morning as it is so near.

3) All the stacks facing sch will be hit by the west sun badly as they are unblocked.

4) The distance bet stack 1 & 5 and stack 16 & 20 is so close. It does matter cos bedrm 2 of Type B2 bedrm actually face each other for stack 1 & 5 and stack 16 & 20. It would be very hot as wind just can't come in and one have to bear wif the glare from the reflection of light of the wall of the opp. stack.

This is different from another D15 project i saw. Although 2 of the stacks appear quite close but they have no bedrm or window facing each other.

5) Stack 1 & 20 is the worst, Master bedrm staring into stack 8 or 13 masterrm balcony if lucky, else would be partially blocked by bedrm 3 of type C1. If the residents of stack 8 or 13 grow some tall plants in in the balcony to avoid pple staring into them as they sit in the balcony, Stack 1 & 20 Masterbedrm = no view at all.

6) Overall it would be a relatively congested project, as land area is approx only 125k sqft shared by 20 stacks.

7) LH99yrs

8) Another larger plot of land approx 193k sqft is already on the reserve site. Huge supply available.

In short, despite near Dakota MRT, it is a no go for me.

Gd luck to those who bought

SueEllen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JR
    I just visited the show flat earlier, lots of people, reminds me of the last yr craze. But after studing the project, decided against buying as:

1) The supposedly nice Geylang River on site plan is actually a big dirty canal. Brownish water flowing thru when i was there in the afternoon. I fail to appreciate brownish canal view or landed property rooftop view.

2) All the stacks facing the school would have no end of Marikita in the morning as it is so near.

3) All the stacks facing sch will be hit by the west sun badly as they are unblocked.

4) The distance bet stack 1 & 5 and stack 16 & 20 is so close. It does matter cos bedrm 2 of Type B2 bedrm actually face each other for stack 1 & 5 and stack 16 & 20. It would be very hot as wind just can't come in and one have to bear wif the glare from the reflection of light of the wall of the opp. stack.

This is different from another D15 project i saw. Although 2 of the stacks appear quite close but they have no bedrm or window facing each other.

5) Stack 1 & 20 is the worst, Master bedrm staring into stack 8 or 13 masterrm balcony if lucky, else would be partially blocked by bedrm 3 of type C1. If the residents of stack 8 or 13 grow some tall plants in in the balcony to avoid pple staring into them as they sit in the balcony, Stack 1 & 20 Masterbedrm = no view at all.

6) Overall it would be a relatively congested project, as land area is approx only 125k sqft shared by 20 stacks.

7) LH99yrs

8) Another larger plot of land approx 193k sqft is already on the reserve site. Huge supply available.

Not vested.

(1) Masterplan talks of beautifying the whole Geylang to Kallang Basin. Actually, very serene I find as it is.

(2) Even properties in Bukit Timah got schools, very difficult to escape?

(4) and (5) and (6) - then choose other units in the project lor. reflection from glare... such detailed analysis.

(7) if freehold, then would price higher mah.

(8) lower plot ratio hor. Better still, the whole stretch become private residential area.

Every project got good and bad, to me, proximity to city and MRT are the biggest plus points. Others, depending on individuals, close to hdb amenities and schools are must.

Whatever, the whole project now 80% sold.

Money Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen
    Not vested.

(1) Masterplan talks of beautifying the whole Geylang to Kallang Basin. Actually, very serene I find as it is.

(4) and (5) and (6) - then choose other units in the project lor. reflection from glare... such detailed analysis.

(8) lower plot ratio hor. Better still, the whole stretch become private residential area.

Every project got good and bad, to me, proximity to city and MRT are the biggest plus points. Others, depending on individuals, close to hdb amenities and schools are must.

http://www.myhometown.sg/Forum/tabid...ult.aspx#25607

Vested Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JR

7) LH99yrs

You prob did not know... the whole area will be revamped... the geylang river will be part of the multi billion dolloar fresh water barrage.....

Curious Guest

Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen
    Not vested.

80% sold of the 300 plus units?

JR1 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Curious
    80% sold of the 300 plus units?
    Yes, my agent told me too, today probably up to 90%. Yippee to those who have the FORESIGHT. previous army camp rumoured to be developed intoo a shopping mall like parkway parade.

Unregistered3 Guest

Anyone has any idea if the developer has increased price since preview?

Onlooker Guest

Quote Originally Posted by JR1
    Yes, my agent told me too, today probably up to 90%. Yippee to those who have the FORESIGHT. previous army camp rumoured to be developed intoo a shopping mall like parkway parade.

You mean the site was an army camp.... going down later....

Aiyoh... what did I miss..!!!!

Unregistered3 Guest

Previously, this site was old HDB blocks...where is the army camp?

Unregistered4 Guest

Previously, this site was old HDB blocks...where is the army camp?
    Near dunman road.... not on the site, I think what the person mean is that that site will be developed into a mall and benefit properties in that area... but walking distance. People of the east would know the camp, no longer active but bare piece of land now. Yes, buying property is all about foresight.... there is where all the old monies are made.... buying in an area which is developed, you have to pay a premium. who does not know orchard road is better..?????

RJ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mr funny
    http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...85368,00.html?

Published June 27, 2008

Ho Bee's robust sales prompt more launches

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

SOME developers are riding on the pick-up in home-buying mood created by Ho Bee's Dakota Residences preview last week to launch their own projects.

Upbeat: Sim Lian Grp has sold about 100 units of the Clover By The Park condo since its Wednesday preview

Ho Bee has sold 95 units at Dakota Residences since last Friday. The average price is $976 psf. All three projects are 99-year leasehold.
    I just called Far East, Dunman View still have units, TOP since 1994 (probably lease starts from 1991), asking for 1,000 psf and very funny, say Dakota mrt is near. Cannot be as near as Dakota Residence and I agree, the sports hub redevelopment makes the latter a better project and the price is OK, not cheap but not astronomically priced.

Darius Guest

Anyone has any idea if the developer has increased price since preview?
    Agent says, yes by about $30 - $50 psf. Anyway, the higher floors, better facing were going above $1000 at the preview. I think the developers hoping to sell everything on average above $1000 psf since their breakeven is already $900 psf. Anyone can verify what the agent told me?

buyer88 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Darius
    Agent says, yes by about $30 - $50 psf. Anyway, the higher floors, better facing were going above $1000 at the preview. I think the developers hoping to sell everything on average above $1000 psf since their breakeven is already $900 psf. Anyone can verify what the agent told me?
    even by 30-50 psf.... still very much below citylights...also 99 LH..near lavender MRT..... which going 1200 psf

Buyer2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by buyer88
    even by 30-50 psf.... still very much below citylights...also 99 LH..near lavender MRT..... which going 1200 psf
    I prefer Dakota Crescent to Lavender, tucked away behind Old Airport Road in a predominant residential area. Yes, price is reasonable as long as below $1000 psf.

idiots will buy now Guest

Prices will correct to early 2006 levels by 2010.
    DC will be $600-700psf by then.