Page 42 of 49 FirstFirst ... 12172227323738394041424344454647 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1456

Thread: Dakota Residences (D14, 99 year Leasehold, Ho Bee & NTUC Choice Homes)

got 60% off the seller's original purchase price so exaggerated meh?

i saw deals closing at >30% below purchase price but dun think i saw any at >40%. its really a gamble. i have a tendency not to buy at > 20% drop for non completed properties as we know they have already paid developer 20% liao mah. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    last yr got a starbuy period still got 2bedders selling close to 900psf wor...but den, got better gd buys at tat time lah

duno whether u all experience it b4 anot...its really a gamble to buy a firesale ppty when the seller actually need to top up with his own cash to complete the sale. bcoz downpayment only 20% and last yr some prices actually crashed up to 60%

i checked with my lawyer at tat time, and he told me if the seller cannot top up....the bank as the mortgagor of the ppty will reject the sale and i goto to sue the seller back for my 1% deposit!not worth to sue considering the legal fees right? its a gamble

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    got 60% off the seller's original purchase price so exaggerated meh?

i saw deals closing at >30% below purchase price but dun think i saw any at >40%. its really a gamble. i have a tendency not to buy at > 20% drop for non completed properties as we know they have already paid developer 20% liao mah. LOL.
    i didnt find 60%..but saw caveats..mine at most 40%+...but i din buy and tat unit was sold later at just nice 20% off original price

tats y i ended up with clift mah..first owners still make abit or breakeven buy with a peace of mind

some really absurd ones possibly father transfer to son that type. i think 20% off ones quite safe. but that brings a problem (e.g. duchess again hee). if a ppty is more than 20% off the purchase price, isn't that double/triple whammy? developer not willing to take back and because market price is more than 20% off original price, that makes it even harder to sell (worse if the seller really have no money to pay for addtional loss!), so can't even firesale, developer don't take back, how???

i didnt find 60%..but saw caveats..mine at most 40%+...but i din buy and tat unit was sold later at just nice 20% off original price

tats y i ended up with clift mah..first owners still make abit or breakeven buy with a peace of mind

some really absurd ones possibly father transfer to son that type. i think 20% off ones quite safe. but that brings a problem (e.g. duchess again hee). if a ppty is more than 20% off the purchase price, isn't that double/triple whammy? developer not willing to take back and because market price is more than 20% off original price, that makes it even harder to sell (worse if the seller really have no money to pay for addtional loss!), so can't even firesale, developer don't take back, how???
    if oredi gotten bank loan...tats when bank auction comes in and i heard sellers goto pay back the bank the losses incurred with interest on installment basis...

if haven take loan or cant even take loan...developer sure take back the unit if the person defaults on the progressive payments and developer can choose to sue the owner for whatever losses incurred

yup, with bank loan is no issue.

but i have heard of cases where developer refuses to take back unit becoz they also can't sell after knocking 20% off the original price. they just continue to collect interest from the defaulted amount (at bank's BOARD RATE + 1%). i think that board rate has remained at 4% throughout the years or something rite? hee.

if oredi gotten bank loan...tats when bank auction comes in and i heard sellers goto pay back the bank the losses incurred with interest on installment basis...

if haven take loan or cant even take loan...developer sure take back the unit if the person defaults on the progressive payments and developer can choose to sue the owner for whatever losses incurred

Some agents advertising on the web claim that DR already TOP.... is it true?

Yes, letter is already received for my unit in blk 38.

Quote Originally Posted by adamfong
    Yes, letter is already received for my unit in blk 38.

Thks for your reply... so u collecting ur keys this month?

most likely 15 jul 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by focus
    Can I asked you a couple of questions...

1) What floor is yr unit? I believe its above 12th flr, I just need you to confirm it. You do have a sweeping view of the landed properties and the sea (albeit a little far), but the key word is unblocked and sweeping view. The balcony is big and importantly functional and practical...can have a private barbq up there...

=> Yup! Intend to buy a indoor griller for the balcony area. It's above 12th floor. You also sama like devilplate and bought into waterbank as well? Ya, no fish, prawn also good. When I was there, I can see the sea above the whole stretch of trees along meyer road and it is bigger than the picture. Not as impressive as those at meyer of course

2) How big is yr unit?
    4 bedder, 1830sqft but it should be around 1600sqft to discount the baywindows.

3) How much is the psf when you bought it?
    On the high side, around 1100psf

4) Any ideas how much is yr conservancy fees?
    No idea.

Thank you in advance...

Oh, and thanks for sharing....

I am sure WaterBank will have a very similar view as well..
    can we bbq in our balcony? thought the management will object?

Quote Originally Posted by novel
    Not bbq ..
    Indoor electric griller.. got cover one.

Quite popular in Australia condos with super huge covered balcony

any kind soul willing to rent to my china mei meis?

this project is sited at a very ideal location... within walking distance from lor 14 to lor 20

Quote Originally Posted by Geylang OKT
    any kind soul willing to rent to my china mei meis?

this project is sited at a very ideal location... within walking distance from lor 14 to lor 20
    not very ideal la

cosmo better....MM unit and lower rent....just cross the road

Not bbq ..
    Indoor electric griller.. got cover one.

Quite popular in Australia condos with super huge covered balcony
    still got smell + smoke right?

not very ideal la

cosmo better....MM unit and lower rent....just cross the road
    Agree with you that cosmo is better. However, it is also not doing well..

Property guru shows tha 18 units are for sale and rental at same time...

I personally feel that the tenancy are a gimmick... if it is so good... why would the owners want to sell? When they bought low and have better yield now than the next owners.

The studio in this development is asking $3.5k for rental. Who in the right mind would want to rent at that kind of prices? Even the hotel is cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by cashrich

I personally feel that the tenancy are a gimmick... if it is so good... why would the owners want to sell? When they bought low and have better yield now than the next owners.

The studio in this development is asking $3.5k for rental. Who in the right mind would want to rent at that kind of prices? Even the hotel is cheaper.
    wah lau..18 ads doesnt mean 18 different units..i tink only 2-3units for sale lah

rental 2bedder 3.5k lah not studio!!!

u see the sail and icon...SO SO MANY ADS!

studio rented out at 2.5k on average lah

if hotel cheaper....y ppl r renting icon, citylights, The Sail studios at 3.5to 4k pm?

Quote Originally Posted by cashrich

wah lau..18 ads doesnt mean 18 different units..i tink only 2-3units for sale lah

if hotel cheaper....y ppl r renting icon, citylights, The Sail studios at 3.5to 4k pm?
    Has anyone here ever successfully bought a property from those online websites?

The only thing I succeeded in doing when I called up was "vomit blood".

The Straits Times classifieds is still the best. When you call up, you know you are dealing with an agent who is serious about closing the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx

The Straits Times classifieds is still the best. When you call up, you know you are dealing with an agent who is serious about closing the deal.
    i ever bot a few cheap resale from the net b4 leh. agts will usually post it online when they first get the listing and will only advertise on papers for fri/sat. i am lucky to catch it b4 their ads appear on the papers

u goto be patience....agree can vomit blood....mostly fishing and dun even noe the details!!! i dun care and scold them!

Quote Originally Posted by jlrx

All my past 6 purchases were from online sources.

Quote Originally Posted by novel

if you are chinese ... they will object ...

if you are ang moh ... they smile at you .. and say ' enjoy your bbq'

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    if you are chinese ... they will object ...

if you are ang moh ... they smile at you .. and say ' enjoy your bbq'
    Looks like I have to wear my aussie funky wig when i bbq..

yes, agree... ok, how much studio fetching?
    http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/proje...ngs/cosmo-1348

Looks like I have to wear my aussie funky wig when i bbq..

wah

you look like those hundreds of stupid fans i saw this morning ..on my way to work ... walking pass Rockefeller .. when Lady Gaga was performing ...

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    wah

you look like those hundreds of stupid fans i saw this morning ..on my way to work ... walking pass Rockefeller .. when Lady Gaga was performing ...
    Thanks.. that means I can safely grilled my food at the balcony then?

This condo price has been moving upwards yeah... DR owners huat..

Eh .. I just recieved Key collection letter today..
    but it says all payment due must be made before can arrange for appointment. But my bank only crediting the balance to developer on 19th July.

Do you think they will know whether payment have been credited if I just turn up with the letter at the collection point inside the condo?

of course they will know. hehehe. in the first place u need to arrange for appointment. when u try to arrange, they already have the data that u haven't paid so they will tell u cannot.

Eh .. I just recieved Key collection letter today..
    but it says all payment due must be made before can arrange for appointment. But my bank only crediting the balance to developer on 19th July.

Do you think they will know whether payment have been credited if I just turn up with the letter at the collection point inside the condo?

of course they will know. hehehe. in the first place u need to arrange for appointment. when u try to arrange, they already have the data that u haven't paid so they will tell u cannot.
    Thanks.. :"(. .. trying to rush and start work before ghost month.. have to get the fengshui master and ID to confirm the layout .. sheeze..

but u already entered your unit once right? the crux is to get lawyer/banker to expedite but since its 1 week away, doubt u can do much. juz gotta be patient for 1 more week.

Thanks.. :"(. .. trying to rush and start work before ghost month.. have to get the fengshui master and ID to confirm the layout .. sheeze..

friend

my understanding of fengshui is ..the exterior is more important ..

if the unit (project) is located on a bad fengshui location .. no matter what you do inside the unit also no use ...