Page 21 of 49 FirstFirst ... 611161718192021222324252631364146 ... LastLast

Thread: Dakota Residences (D14, 99 year Leasehold, Ho Bee & NTUC Choice Homes)

Unregister Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dead duck
    Very... very.... slow.... so who was the joker who said 10 units also sold this weekend? I think probably ZERO units sold more like it
    What with new launches such as Kovan residences and Beacon Heights and Clover - all at about $800 psf now.... Those who bought Dakota can bang head on the walls.......

Hi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregister
    What with new launches such as Kovan residences and Beacon Heights and Clover - all at about $800 psf now.... Those who bought Dakota can bang head on the walls.......
    Personally, I don't see how the other 3 developments are much better than dakota. Each has their own selling point...none of them is as close to city as dakota. Buyers buy whichever devp which suit their preference.

And oh please, don't tell me that their selling point is becoz they are not so near geylang as dakota.

Hi Guest

Quote Originally Posted by got carpark?
    How many carpark lots? Nowadays some horrible developers only 1 carpark lot per family. Really horrible. 2nd car must go find public carpark and visitors must go find public carpark also. Really horrible - most condo dwellers have 2 cars. So how?
    Which new condo provides minimum 2 lots per h/hld? Unless we are talking abt cluster house?

Unregister Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hi
    Personally, I don't see how the other 3 developments are much better than dakota. Each has their own selling point...none of them is as close to city as dakota. Buyers buy whichever devp which suit their preference.

And oh please, don't tell me that their selling point is becoz they are not so near geylang as dakota.
    You must have bought an unit there...

Siao Guest

How many carpark lots? Nowadays some horrible developers only 1 carpark lot per family. Really horrible. 2nd car must go find public carpark and visitors must go find public carpark also. Really horrible - most condo dwellers have 2 cars. So how?
    Buy landed lor.

Unregistered999 Guest

Why people like to compare Clover by the park with Dakota? Former is a mass market condo while Dakota is a mid tier, naturally it is priced higher.

Unregistered23 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Analyst
    Have been researching property for a while. If one is looking for good unblock view, proximity to CBD and mrt, similar price (about $1000psf) you may want to look at Southbank@ Lavender. Should have potential when concourse launches two new residential apartment at the end of the month.
    Bloody agents!

STAN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dakota
    Actually, i really wonder who bought Dakota?
    1).Dakota is surrounded by very poor hdb area.-sucks
    2).Dakota is facing a school.-sucks
    3).Dakota is facing a big drain.-sucks
    4).Dakota is right across Geylang.-sucks, unless you want to get suck by(china mei mei)
    5).Dakota is 99 leasehold.-really sucks.

Dakota is $900+psf. Who ever bought Dakota will be in negative equity in less than 1/2 years time. In fact, i will place a bet that the prices will go down by more than 40%, thanks to NTUC.

NTUC i thought was a GOV agency to fight for the rights of workers? How come sucking peoples money instead?
    May I know where you staying now? Go build youself a house up in the mountain in China lah. If you so high class then don't stay in Spore lah.

Interested Buyer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered999
    Why people like to compare Clover by the park with Dakota? Former is a mass market condo while Dakota is a mid tier, naturally it is priced higher.
    Have been reading the forum... interesting trend.

Agree... cannot compare Clover... Livia with Dakota. Different market... different location.

Btw...between SouthBank and Dakota... which is better. Have been looking for a unit near MRT, near city.

Many carpark Guest

Actually my condo in Bukit Timah area can have 4 lots per HH. My family has 3 cars but my neighbour has 4. So get the older condos if you want more car park. One of the most expensive part of any development is the underground carpark, so the new developments cut corners to save on that. We do entertaining very often has well, and so far my guests have no problems with car park. I know of a condo in the east that force the visitors to pay hourly parking. Really terrible!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hi
    Which new condo provides minimum 2 lots per h/hld? Unless we are talking abt cluster house?

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered23
    Bloody agents!
    Dont like that say, if SouthBank price the same as Dakota of course buy SouthBank la.

What Dakota has, SouthBank has too.

But dont think same price la.

Quote Originally Posted by AK47
    Dont like that say, if SouthBank price the same as Dakota of course buy SouthBank la.

Dakota is pure crap.
    Case close. No need for anymore justifications on why its worth buying.
    These justifications are just self-denial

369 Guest

Default No sense of direction

Quote Originally Posted by Interested Buyer
    Have been reading the forum... interesting trend.

Agree... cannot compare Clover... Livia with Dakota. Different market... different location.

Btw...between SouthBank and Dakota... which is better. Have been looking for a unit near MRT, near city.
    Aiya pple wo class nnows nut about the differences in Projects.
    Keep thinking of a house is a house..
    Sigh..

Is like comparing a Casio with rolex.

Interested Buyer Guest

what are the perks/benefits of SouthBank?

Interested Buyer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 369
    Aiya pple wo class nnows nut about the differences in Projects.
    Keep thinking of a house is a house..
    Sigh..

Is like comparing a Casio with rolex.
    Aiyo.. what a language.

This is a forum for people to discuss projects.... share knowledge.

wannabewrotecrap Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe
    Dakota is pure crap.
    Case close. No need for anymore justifications on why its worth buying.
    These justifications are just self-denial
    i agree, please stop writing craps!

Quote Originally Posted by wannabewrotecrap
    i agree, please stop writing craps!
    Hahaha...i agree with you.
    But but but...i wrote crap because people dont see the crap in DR.
    okok...no more craps.

Interested Buyer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by wannabe
    Hahaha...i agree with you.
    But but but...i wrote crap because people dont see the crap in DR.
    okok...no more craps.
    Personal attack is wrong!

what are the perks/benefits of SouthBank?
    let me think.... nearer to city?

does that count?

Unregistered123 Guest

let me think.... nearer to city?

does that count?
    Better yet... closest to the flesh trade

Dakota kena sabo Guest

WHILE City Developments managed to sell 96 units last week at its Livia condo at Pasir Ris, developers of most other projects suffered rapidly declining sales at their showflats.

Lousy say lousy. Don't blame other projects for spoiling the market.

Nanana Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dakota kena sabo
    WHILE City Developments managed to sell 96 units last week at its Livia condo at Pasir Ris, developers of most other projects suffered rapidly declining sales at their showflats.

Lousy say lousy. Don't blame other projects for spoiling the market.

hahaa...Livia's location is so way off..go compare WW with Livia...more apt...

D14 (Sure Die) Guest

Hi, I will not be surprised Singapore may end up like HongKong, ie. u need to buy a parking lot before you can own a car.

Nanana Guest

Quote Originally Posted by D14 (Sure Die)
    Hi, I will not be surprised Singapore may end up like HongKong, ie. u need to buy a parking lot before you can own a car.
    Our ERP gantries will delay that from happening. HK don't have those.

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/sub/...87712,00.html?

Published July 15, 2008

Condo sales at showflats tapering off

One developer blames Livia's pricing for 'spoiling' other projects' sales

By KALPANA RASHIWALA

Woodsville 28: When Frasers Centrepoint previews its project this weekend, the stakes for nearby Kovan Residences are expected to go up

At least one developer blamed Livia's attractive pricing - $650 psf on average - for 'spoiling' sales of other projects, while others said a tapering off was to be expected given negative news flows from overseas on the state of the financial and stock markets.

Developers and property agents generally reported still strong turnouts at showflats last weekend, although take-up slowed.

Sim Lian sold 19 units last week at its Clover By The Park condo in Bishan, less than the 59-unit sales it achieved in the preceding week. To date, Sim Lian has sold 273 of the total 616 units in the project. 'That's almost 45 per cent of a large project in just three weeks; that's quite an achievement given current market sentiment,' Sim Lian Group executive director Diana Kuik said when approached by BT.

The 99-year leasehold project's average price remains at $750 psf.

Sim Lian also sold a unit at The Amery, a freehold project in the Telok Kurau area, last week - again a less sparkling performance than the four units it sold a week earlier.

Next to Geylang River, NTUC Choice Homes and Ho Bee found buyers for another nine units at Dakota Residences last weekend. This brings total sales to 170 units in the 99-year project, which has an average price of about $980 psf.

Over in the Kovan MRT Station vicinity, the developer of Kovan Residences sold about 20 units last week, bringing total sales to over 100 units since the 99-year project was previewed at a private party on June 28. The average price is somewhere in the $870-900 psf range. Nearby, MCL Land sold another three units at its D-Pavilion, a freehold project priced at $900 psf on average last week. This was a slower sales rate than initial sales of 10 units the preceding weekend.

The stakes will go up for these two developers when Frasers Centrepoint previews this weekend its Woodsville 28 near Potong Pasir MRT Station - which is three MRT stops closer to town than Kovan MRT Station.

The 110-unit condo will have an average price of $880 psf. The 99-year leasehold development comprises two 17-storey blocks.

'The two- and three-bedder units, with respective average sizes of 883 sq ft and 1,195 sq ft, are about 5 to 6 per cent smaller than conventional units as we've adjusted our sizes to fit the profile of the market we're targeting - those just starting their families or young couples who want to stay near the city and even retirees.

'Two-bedroom apartments start at $700,000 and three-bedders from just over $1 million,' says Frasers Centrepoint Homes chief operating officer Cheang Kok Kheong.

CDL's spokeswoman said Livia saw strong take-up of various unit types last week, especially two- and three-bedders. 'The four-bedroom apartments were purchased either for owner occupation or rental potential in view of United World College's East Campus coming up in the vicinity.

'The project's average price remains $650 psf, with prices for certain unit types and facing being upped by 1-3 per cent for the latest release of 120 units last weekend,' she added.

The 96 units sold at Livia last week contrasted with sales of 160 units in the preceding week when CDL previewed the 99-year leasehold project, resulting in total sales of 256 units. So far, 320 of the condo's total 724 units have been released.

A veteran property consultant said: 'Crowds were generally still very good at showflats last weekend, though take-up has slowed. In any development, demand for 30-40 per cent of units comes from the surrounding population catchment. Usually that's the case, good or bad times.

'Once sales in a project launch hits a certain percentage from this catchment demand, developers have to attract people from other parts of Singapore. That's a tougher job, with a lot more convincing to be done compared with selling to people who already know the area.'

Another problem is that buyers are unsure of the property market's direction. 'Even when there are attractively priced projects, potential buyers worry if property prices will go down further. They also ask themselves whether they really need to upgrade; they worry about the economy and their jobs. The bad news coming out from financial institutions in the US is a big concern,' a property agent said.

On a more positive note, Sim Lian's Ms Kuik said: 'If you have a good product in a location where there's a pool of buyers and if your pricing is reasonable, there will be take-up.'

URA Guest

Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of June 2008

Project Name ....... Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    Dakota Residences . RCR ....... 144 ............................ 1,078 ............. 978 ............... 880

Interested Buyer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by URA
    Private Residential Units Sold in the Month of June 2008

Project Name ....... Locality . Units Sold In Month . Highest $psf . Median $psf . Lowest $psf
    Dakota Residences . RCR ....... 144 ............................ 1,078 ............. 978 ............... 880
    170 units sold. Not bad!

Interested Buyer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregister
    Different market... hence different pricing.

Nearby condo @ meyer, tanjong rhu transacting.. btw 1000 to 1800 psf.

seow nang Guest

Different market... hence different pricing.

Nearby condo @ meyer, tanjong rhu transacting.. btw 1000 to 1800 psf.
    You are not comparing apple to apple. How to compare a premium D15 property with a geylang D14 vicinity?

I really take off my hat to you

lokang view vs seaview?