Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152025303540 ... LastLast

Thread: Dakota Residences (D14, 99 year Leasehold, Ho Bee & NTUC Choice Homes)

Buyer88 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Curious
    Are all the stacks launched?
    Don't think so. Developer building the hype... look at the commercial ads during weekend.... one after another.

Wah leow Guest

Dakota Residences is just pure hype compared to Waterfront Wave.

1. DR faces a longkong whereas WW faces a real reservoir.
    2. DR no tennis court while WW has full facilities.
    3. DR is 1000psf while WW starts from 700psf.
    4. DR is Geylang District 14 while WW is District 16 (at least D16 is respectable to say the least).
    5. DR condo status but the land area is very small compared to WW land area.
    6. DR units are small compared to the WW units

I can go on and on but it will be a total waste of my time.

Wah leow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Lily
    Last transacted price in Mar 08: $1600 psf. Mmmm,,,, Dakota Residences price is not stretched especially as one earlier posting said, condos along Dunman Road is going above $850 psf, leasehold. This project has its pluses, negatives is that it has no tennis court. I believe The Riverine By The Park has no tennis court too. That is a minor negative, at least to me!
    You pay more than $1000psf for a 99 leasehold property and you don't even have a tennis court. My... my....

Passerby Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Wah leow
    Dakota Residences is just pure hype compared to Waterfront Wave.

1. DR faces a longkong whereas WW faces a real reservoir.
    2. DR no tennis court while WW has full facilities.
    3. DR is 1000psf while WW starts from 700psf.
    4. DR is Geylang District 14 while WW is District 16 (at least D16 is respectable to say the least).
    5. DR condo status but the land area is very small compared to WW land area.
    6. DR units are small compared to the WW units

I can go on and on but it will be a total waste of my time.
    Do read abt the govt Kallang Riverside Plans..... prob that why people are buying..... and not Waterfront Waves. Besides... think the market target for both development are different.

Passerby Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Passerby
    Do read abt the govt Kallang Riverside Plans..... prob that why people are buying..... and not Waterfront Waves. Besides... think the market target for both development are different.
    think Lexus and Toyota... you know what I mean.

Wah leow Guest

Last transacted price in Mar 08: $1600 psf. Mmmm,,,, Dakota Residences price is not stretched especially as one earlier posting said, condos along Dunman Road is going above $850 psf, leasehold. This project has its pluses, negatives is that it has no tennis court. I believe The Riverine By The Park has no tennis court too. That is a minor negative, at least to me!
    Some folks paid a high price in 1996 for an 999yr project in Loyang, just next to Downtown east. Some $880k+. Back in 2005, one of these folks was at his wits end and tearing his hair in anguish when the market were pricing the same units for SALE at just $530k. You want to buy high... carry on....

Agents have to push the hype... that's their job. Yours is to have common sense. You live with your choice you make.

Wah leow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Passerby
    Till now... you can only cite the above. You cannot even think of some advantages that DR has over WW is it?

The way I see it... there are none... except maybe DR is nearer to town. Then again, Geylang is even nearer. Remember Nicole Green, which the developer tried to pitch as a "Katong area" some years back? This project is just directly opposite Wing Fong Mansions Geylang Lorong 14. How to differentiate? Difference of an overhead bridge?

King Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ILoveDakota
    Which condo is this? I see much POTENTIAL in Dakota Residences..... which I guess slip by most people
    Agreed....... absolutely!

Queen Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Darius
    You are very convincing.... but I agree. 5 minutes drive home from work in Suntec, that is my BIGGEST attraction.
    Yes, plus the MRT. Agree with you. Plus the potential...

Queen Guest

Last transacted price in Mar 08: $1600 psf. Mmmm,,,, Dakota Residences price is not stretched especially as one earlier posting said, condos along Dunman Road is going above $850 psf, leasehold.
    What I like is that it is actually in the vicinity of Goodman area, and faces the river, very serene and just 5 minutes from housing board amenities and CBD. The whole area will be transformed, MRT at doorstep, mall at the ex-army camp, another private residential next to it, river linking to Kallang basin, sports hub which has an entertainment centre - movies, retail, food plus hotel (read the masterplan for Kallang and Paya Lebar).

RJ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Queen
    What I like is that it is actually in the vicinity of Goodman area, and faces the river, very serene and just 5 minutes from housing board amenities and CBD. The whole area will be transformed, MRT at doorstep, mall at the ex-army camp, another private residential next to it, river linking to Kallang basin, sports hub which has an entertainment centre - movies, retail, food plus hotel (read the masterplan for Kallang and Paya Lebar).
    Agent confirmed: New stacks released. Price increased, though by less than $50psf but still an increase.

Who is smart Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Queen
    Yes, plus the MRT. Agree with you. Plus the potential...
    HDB folks there also will enjoy the MRT. They pay $395,000 to $440,000 for a 4rm or 5rm HDB there and enjoy the future MRT.

Dakota Residence owners pay $900,000 to $1,300,000 for the 2rm or 3rm pte condo without tennis court to enjoy the same future MRT and see the big, big drain I see

Peace Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RJ
    Agent confirmed: New stacks released. Price increased, though by less than $50psf but still an increase.
    Wow, that is fast... 2 weeks after launch.

Funny Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Who is smart
    HDB folks there also will enjoy the MRT. They pay $395,000 to $440,000 for a 4rm or 5rm HDB there and enjoy the future MRT.
    Uhm..... wouldn't that apply for a lot of places eg Waterfront Waves, The Quartz etc????

123456 Guest

The reality is that Singapore will change with the govt"s plans to push up population base, there is that much space in Singapore and properties in the city fringe, city living will be more of a norm espeacially for the expatriates and foreigners. There will be support in the longer term, do not think the property market will crash.
    I think so too.

RJ Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregisteredz
    went to the Livia showflat this afternoon and my goodness, it was really packed!!! who says that property market is declining must be really disappointed to see the huge crowd.
    Same for Dakota Residences. Packed. Let's see how's the response after they increase the price marginally.

Queen Guest

I think Dakota Residence has potential. The proximity to CBD plus MRT are the biggest selling points. May just consider.......

New URA Masterplan: Kallang, Paya Lebar The New Stars

Source : The Straits Times, May 24, 2008

Over 10 years they will become lifestyle and commercial hubs

GOOD news, Kallang and Paya Lebar: It is your turn to shine.
    The two sleepy industrial estates have been identified as Singapore's next big urban hotspots, as the nation's land planners draw up blueprints for the next 15 years.

Now colourless and underdeveloped, these towns will burst into full bloom over the next decade. Paya Lebar will be transformed into a thriving commercial and civic centre, while Kallang will become a residential and lifestyle hub with homes and offices set among green parks and sandy beaches.

'To make Singapore an endearing home, the Draft Master Plan will seek to retain places of identity and heritage.' (Above) an artist's impression of the beaches at Kallang Riverside. -- PHOTOS: URA

They are the stars of the Urban Redevelopment Authority's (URA) highly anticipated Draft Master Plan, which was released by National Development Minister Mah Bow Tan yesterday.

The Master Plan, which guides Singapore's land use over the next 10 to 15 years, is revised every five years to provide more housing and leisure options and ensure that sufficient space is set aside to support a growing population.

The plan also continues a sustained effort to decentralise and reduce congestion in the Central Business District by building offices all across the island, bringing jobs closer to homes.

Some of the plan's highlights, such as the new Jurong Lake District and the new MRT lines, have already been revealed.

Other plans were more fully fleshed out yesterday, such as the expansion of the city's commercial centre, which will double in size to include Marina Bay and Tanjong Pagar, as well as the Beach Road/Ophir-Rochor corridor.

The Government also announced that it has earmarked enough land for 328,200 new homes around the island. More than a third will be in the central region bordered by Bishan, Sentosa, Marine Parade and Queenstown.

'We have seen significant transformation of our city over the past 10 years,' said Mr Mah yesterday.

'The next 10 years can be just as exciting, if not more. Despite the current economic uncertainties, I am optimistic that we can grow from strength to strength.'

Property players were impressed by the new Master Plan, saying it proves Singapore can remain a sustainable global city and a promising investment destination.

Equally importantly, there is 'a piece of action for every developer, no matter what kind of homes or offices or hotels they build', said Mr Simon Cheong, chief of developer SC Global and president of the Real Estate Developers' Association of Singapore.
    Published May 24, 2008

Live, Work, Play at a neighbourhood near you

With Draft Master Plan, ambitious concept is taken further afield to Kallang and Paya Lebar

By ARTHUR SIM

(SINGAPORE) The Urban and Redevelopment Authority's (URA) Live, Work and Play mantra has been so successful in the Downtown Core precinct - as evidenced by the rapid development of offices, condos, hotels and leisure hotspots - that plans are now underway to export the concept to outlying districts in earnest.

The URA has already rolled out ambitious plans to transform Jurong East into a bustling sub-metropolitan hub of parks, offices, hotels, edutainment centres and homes.

Now, with the launch of the Draft Master Plan 2008 yesterday, it has included similar blueprints for Kallang and Paya Lebar as well.

The three new hubs - Jurong Lake District, Kallang Riverside, and Paya Lebar Central - all have one objective in common, and that is to balance the elements of Live, Work and Play.

Speaking at the launch of the Draft Master Plan 2008 exhibition at URA Centre yesterday, Minister for National Development Mah Bow Tan highlighted three key objectives of the latest Master Plan. Of these, it was the need to 'enhance accessibility and reduce commuting by bringing jobs closer to home' that underscores the need for the three new hubs. Not surprisingly then, Mr Mah added that public transportation has been 'prioritised'.

The other two objectives are to 'ensure that we have enough land to support economic opportunity', and to 'provide quality housing and leisure options for our people'.

Currently, the three areas have the potential to be sub-metropolitan hubs as they are, or will be, transportation nodes with the completion of existing and future rail, bus and road networks.

However, looking at each area reveals that at least one of the three important ingredients of Live, Work and Play is missing.

In the current Jurong East, for instance, there lacks a central office zone even though it has a relatively large population catchment area. As such, URA has designated 500,000 square metres of office space, 250,000 sq m of retail and entertainment space, 2,800 hotel rooms, but just 1,000 units of new homes for Jurong Lake District.

Also bringing jobs closer to home is Paya Lebar Central, which is in the centre of another large population catchment area.

Here, URA is planning for 294,000 sq m of office space, 200,000 sq m of hotel and retail space, but no new housing.

Kallang Riverside, which is on the fringe of the city is, however, relatively under-populated and will have space for 4,000 new waterfront homes and 3,000 hotel rooms. Being a much larger area and close to the new Sports Hub, it will also have 300,000 sq m of office space and 300,000 sq m of hotel, retail and entertainment spaces.

So, will it work?

City Developments Ltd (CDL), which helped kick-start Marina Bay with The Sail, had initially planned the project as being half-commercial. Even then, many market watchers thought that only a complete office would work. Going against conventional wisdom of the time, it was eventually designed as two residential towers in 2003.

Looking back, CDL managing director Kwek Leng Joo, says: 'Ultimately, we strongly believed that developing the very first residential development in the vicinity - a truly iconic one for that matter, would be most synergistic and truly reflect the 'Live' component of URA's vision.'

That Marina South remains largely untouched in the Draft Master Plan 2008 suggests that there is more emphasis on decentralisation compared to the previous Master Plan which emphasised the Downtown Core.

Knight Frank managing director Tan Tiong Cheng said: 'With the new Master Plan, there is a drive to develop areas with potential that have not been previously emphasised.

'Marina South will be quite easy to roll out because it sits on vacant state land. And when sites are available, they should sell quite fast.'

URA's decentralisation strategy was first adopted in 1991, with the Concept Plan that maps out the long-term 40-50-year vision.

The Master Plan, which translates the Concept Plan strategies into detailed statutory land use plans to guide development over periods of 10-15 years, is reviewed every five years and may have different priorities.

The Master Plan 2008 also goes some way in addressing the widening gap between high-end and mass market homes.

Jones Lang LaSalle's head of research (South-east Asia), Chua Yang Liang, said: 'The strategy is really a bi-polar one.'

He explained that the Master Plan has to deal with planning issues that involve communities revolving around manufacturing in the north, and wealthier communities who are choosing to move downtown, especially to waterfront homes in the south. And recently, the disparity between high-end waterfront homes at Sentosa Cove and those in the heartlands has widened.

As such, Dr Chua notes that much of the new housing that has been highlighted in the outer regions all face the water.

'This emphasis on providing more waterfront homes would greatly enhance social equity by making such homes more affordable to the regular guy on the street and not limited to just the affluent,' he added.

If water is the new social glue, then the Rail Transit System (RTS) is its life blood.

Industry players are perhaps a little disappointed that not much has been done by way of increasing plot ratios, a move that usually adds zest to the property market.

But Savills Singapore director (marketing and development) Ku Swee Yong notes that property values, and possibly even plot ratios, tend to rise around new MRT stations.

And with the RTS already reported to be doubled from 138 km today to 278 km by 2020, with an addition of over 40 new stations, Mr Ku is hopeful that the next Master Plan review could see more plot ratio goodies. 'I think URA might just be waiting for the new infrastructure to be completed,' he added.
    These were the masterplans I was referring to, posted earlier on liao.

Wah leow Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Funny
    Uhm..... wouldn't that apply for a lot of places eg Waterfront Waves, The Quartz etc????
    Different. Waterfront Waves is 700psf while Dakota Residences in 1000psf and increasing

Dakota has been fronting full page advertisements without fail every weekend. Instead of that, they could pass the tremendous costs savings to their buyers instead. I fail to understand why folks buy into this kind of hype.

To sour grape Guest

Dakota Residence owners pay $900,000 to $1,300,000 for the 2rm or 3rm pte condo without tennis court to enjoy the same future MRT and see the big, big drain I see
    Please lah, don't be sour grape if you afford it. The different is not only MRT alone. Facilities and security and being exclusive in a private area. No tom, dick or harry can come and disturb your house in the middle of the night. Given you the choice which one do you prefer. Touch your heart.

Make love not war Guest

Quote Originally Posted by To sour grape
    Please lah, don't be sour grape if you afford it. The different is not only MRT alone. Facilities and security and being exclusive in a private area. No tom, dick or harry can come and disturb your house in the middle of the night. Given you the choice which one do you prefer. Touch your heart.
    Obviously you do not know how to read between the lines. The poster is saying that buyers for Dakota are paying way above market rates for 99yr leasehold properties. HDB is also 99yrs leasehold. Dakota is the same. He is saying that just by having facilities (minus the tennis court) and a not too imaginative condo name makes the difference of a whopping additional $500,000 to $900,000 to be coughed up? Does it make sense?

To sour grape Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Make love not war
    Obviously you do not know how to read between the lines. The poster is saying that buyers for Dakota are paying way above market rates for 99yr leasehold properties. HDB is also 99yrs leasehold. Dakota is the same. He is saying that just by having facilities (minus the tennis court) and a not too imaginative condo name makes the difference of a whopping additional $500,000 to $900,000 to be coughed up? Does it make sense?
    In today Singapore property market is such that location becomes an important factor. They are sure to have HDB every where as more of it was builted during 30 to 40 years ago, and some of the flats are in the central of Singapore, like chinatown, havelock rd, bras basah, bugis area etc.

Tell me, how to make sense when new properties are selling at S$2000 psf that near to Havelock (Kim Seng road) area?

Dear Sour Grape Guest

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by To sour grape
    In today Singapore property market is such that location becomes an important factor. They are sure to have HDB every where as more of it was builted during 30 to 40 years ago, and some of the flats are in the central of Singapore, like chinatown, havelock rd, bras basah, bugis area etc.

Tell me, how to make sense when new properties are selling at S$2000 psf that near to Havelock (Kim Seng road) area?
    That sour grape is really sour ranting non-stop about a project that he cannot see the merits but only the little negatives. Sad. Sour and sad.

John Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RJ
    Not surprising at all.

OIC Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Dollars&Cents
    Let's see what the 99-year Silversea will be priced..... my take is that the correction for non-luxury segment will be 5%-10% but some may argue that this project is already down from the earlier expected $1100-1200 announced by the developer a year ago... of course, if compared to 2004/2005, this project will be expensive. Oh, well.. no one knows really.
    Going back to > $1000? Looks like it.

DoNotUnderstand Guest

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Dear Sour Grape
    That sour grape is really sour ranting non-stop about a project that he cannot see the merits but only the little negatives. Sad. Sour and sad.
    Sour + Sad = Bitter?

Con buyers at high price Guest

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Make love not war
    Till now... these dakota residence property agents still cannot give any good reason to buy the overpriced condo. They keep harping on good location. D14 is a good location meh? Sure... got cheeky ah peks and china girls and thai and indonesian prostitutes in D14. There are so many other good locations like Clover (Bishan) with excellent schools. Why choose an overpriced condo with no tennis courts with a geylang address?

happybuyer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Con buyers at high price
    Till now... these dakota residence property agents still cannot give any good reason to buy the overpriced condo. They keep harping on good location. D14 is a good location meh? Sure... got cheeky ah peks and china girls and thai and indonesian prostitutes in D14. There are so many other good locations like Clover (Bishan) with excellent schools. Why choose an overpriced condo with no tennis courts with a geylang address?
    Bought one at Livia... but frankly ...with money.. will buy Dakota over Waterfront Waves. Both got merits... but Dakota should have better investment returns.

Let's not discuss further.... the fact is a fact. Dakota does not have a geylang address... btw.

Citylights - 99 LH which is nearby sits besides the "coffin" shops and light industrial areas.. but transactions are around 1200 psf. Are u saying the buyers are not rational???

Property investment is forward looking... and not the past. People buys cos of the future potential. MRT, good schools (I mean SAP schools)...near the city.... and great city view... are all the pluses. Waterfront can't offer - but for the price abt 650 psf. Think it is quite a good price.

Property Supporter Guest

Quote Originally Posted by vino
    You do have a valid point but on the flip side, Singapore being an open economy will expose itself to the global market sentiment easily. If the global scene is ugly now, which I believed not many would disagree, then how can local property market price continue to rally up liked many bulls would want it to be?
    Yes, I am cautiously confident our Spore govt have planned years ahead on the timing of our 2 IRs opening. Of course, it will be disastrous for us to have empty casinos and empty theme parks. For the global markets, it is this timing to catch the peak and not the trough and I pretty sure Singapore wants to capitalize on our growth engines with a big bang.

Actually, the current slowing down are all sentiments created by the "Big Boys" behind the scene. They have reasons to do so which many of us are not aware of. A good example is the prices of oil. Its simply not just a demand and supply game.

737 Guest

dr and ww, i'd probably go for dr, cos location nearer to central... however, if we look at those betting on dr, there're alternatives too... and one which allow you to ride on the immediate, exisitng rental wave now, esp for those buying for investment, instead of something 3-4yrs down the road which is uncertain, at same entry psf, and sharing proximity to CBD plus MRT, in a known secluded classy district......as well as offer what ww provide...interested, drop a line..

Unregistered2 Guest

will the govt build an MRT for only one condo? wake up la!