Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The Regency @ Tiong Bahru (D3, Freehold, UOL)

Intrepid Explorer 2.0

Default The Regency @ Tiong Bahru (D3, Freehold, UOL)

New development at Chay Yan Street. I think it is supposed to complement Twin Regency and Regency Suites in the same neighbourhood, both of which are also by UOL.

The Regency @ Tiong Bahru will have 158 units.

Spy photos coming soon...

jack lemon

Default Re: The Regency @ Tiong Bahru (D3, Freehold, UOL)

Preview started last weekend on 14 Oct (sat). When I visited the showflat last weekend, units were already be snapped up. Its amazing how fast its moving. Going rate was about S$800 psf then. I'm pretty sure the prices were jacked up now.

It has since moved onto the softlaunch phase this week. I'm pretty sure that UOL will soon launch this project officially. By then, ads will start appearing in the newspaper and/or television.

UOL is certainly making an impact in the Tiong Bahru area.

Any complaints please PM me

I like UOL, they are a real solid property company fully diversified into hotels, residential, and commercial and this pedigree shows in their condominiums. Quality is the word. Not to mention that they are always flush with cash, even more cash recently.

Their residential developments rank among the best in Singapore in terms of comstruction, design, finishing, quality and value for money. Which is more than I can say for some other developers.

stockmarketwizard

Last weekend, UOL launched The Regency at Tiong Bahru at an average price of $830 per sq ft. Zao Bao reported that they have already sold 54 out of the 158 units in the soft launch the previous week.

jack lemon

to the best of my knowledge, this property is almost sold out (probably less than 10 units left). another run-away success by UOL.

of late (i.e. last couple of years), all their properties including twin regency, newton suites, regency suites, southbank were sold out within a couple of weeks (probably less than 1 month) of the launch. all are freehold except southbank. both regency suites and southbank has SOHO units.

even during the low/down period in 2004. i'm just amazed at the public's reception of their property launches. all snapped up, so very quickly, just like that.

it is my understanding that some units (probably higher floor ones) at the regency is selling for about S$900 psf. tiong bahru is now in the S$900 psf region now???

similarly .... newton area has now gone beyond S$1,200 and is now probably at S$1,400 psf. ardmore area is now S$2000+ psf? sentosa condos(leasehold) > S$1,500 psf. river valley now > S$1000+ psf

its jaw dropping. are the prices going up too fast??? its crazy.

low-end condos, ECs and HDBs aren't moving as yet. its only the high-end and mid-tier ones that have been moving.

just my 2-cents worth

meesiammaihum

Quote Originally Posted by jack lemon
    similarly .... newton area has now gone beyond S$1,200 and is now probably at S$1,400 psf. ardmore area is now S$2000+ psf? sentosa condos(leasehold) > S$1,500 psf. river valley now > S$1000+ psf

its jaw dropping. are the prices going up too fast??? its crazy.
    You know what is scary? The number of sub sales advertised in the papers. For example, ook at the number of subsales advertised for The Sail at Marina!!!! What does this mean? It means only one thing: speculation, and this whole thing may turn out to be a bubble.

make sense?

Why pay so much to live in Tiong Bahru? For $900 psf, why not try Bukit Timah Road or Dunearn Road district 10 and 11. There are good deals around Duchess, Sixth Avenue, Watten Estate, Swiss Club, Trevose, and Shelford Roads. Your neighbours will be more genteel, more educated, and likely to be from respectable backgrounds and families. Many young doctors, lawyers, bankers, corporate management type and respectable businessmen live here, close to their parents' landed homes. They also probably went to elite schools located in district 10 and 11.

In Tiong Bahru, I am afraid that you will be living with people from neighbourhood schools, from HDB backgrounds, but just recently made a little money and want to show off. Any person who came from D9, 10, 11 backgrounds will never live in Tiong Bahru - trust me. So get your money worth! If you want to upgrade to a condo with decent neighbours, move to where the genteel people are!

Sorry if I sound snobbish, I am just stating an opinion from my experience and my circle of friends. I am sure many people will agree with me that $900 psf is too much to pay for a Tiong Bahru or Kim Tian location when you can easily get one in Duchess or Shelford. The addresses sound a lot better too!

to make sense

yes. you do make sense.

studio3

I think that what some people want is the location and proximity to the city. 6th ave would be a nice area to live, but it is a little far from the CBD if you work there. There are terrible jams to the CBD in the morning and coming from the CBD in the evening. The good things are: near good schools and a greener, more spacious lifestyle.

Actually, places like Little India's City Square and Tiong Bahru's Twin Regency, Regency Suites, and The [email protected] are the perfect city living residences for singles and young couples working in the city. Very close to amenities, close to the workplace, and best of all costing half of what certain places in Orchard, River Valley, and Newton would cost. Bang for the buck, my friends.

To each his own!

Unregistered

Tiong Bahru is becoming a popular place to stay, just like Balestier. Time passes, things change. We must also move with the times.

Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast