Thread: Something fishy about condo?

Default Something fishy about condo?

Hi everyone, your advice is greatly appreciated!

Am on the lookout for a condo to buy as a family home.
    There’s this 20 yr old development in D9 (relatively close to great world city) that had only 2 transactions for small units over the past 5 years, but now suddenly there are 5 units (big and small) listed for sale within the last 1 month.
    Should I be wary there’s something wrong, eg with the condo (eg defects due to age), or MCST?

Thank you!

Is this Charleston? there is too little evidence to conclude. could it be that there is a single multiple unit owner who wants to cash out?

@bargainhunter Yes, it’s Charleston.

Yep, a single owner/ family wanting to cash out is definitely possible, and the most benign explanation.

Unfortunately there isn’t a good way to find out the real reason. I’m not flush with cash to throw away on a potential problem waiting to occur. May be best if I approach with caution and consider other developments.

a friend wanted to view to rent a unit last week. strangely, none of the agents bothered to reply his sms so he went to rent at valley park instead. lol.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Sounds like a case where a unit or 2 owned by a family is for sale but represented by multiple property agents?

Quote Originally Posted by Samb View Post
    @bargainhunter Yes, it’s Charleston.

Yep, a single owner/ family wanting to cash out is definitely possible, and the most benign explanation.

Unfortunately there isn’t a good way to find out the real reason. I’m not flush with cash to throw away on a potential problem waiting to occur. May be best if I approach with caution and consider other developments.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post
    a friend wanted to view to rent a unit last week. strangely, none of the agents bothered to reply his sms so he went to rent at valley park instead. lol.
    Agree, quite strange. Experienced the same with the agent(s). One or two replies, then nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear View Post
    Sounds like a case where a unit or 2 owned by a family is for sale but represented by multiple property agents?
    Yes, possible too. But the agents are too atas for a humble buyer like me. Not like the usual more enthusiastic/ polite/ gungho ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Samb View Post
    Yes, possible too. But the agents are too atas for a humble buyer like me. Not like the usual more enthusiastic/ polite/ gungho ones.
    so did u get to view? just go view to have a feel of the place personally.