Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How is the crowd at showflat today?

Default How is the crowd at showflat today?

Likely empty? Agents swapping flies?
    Last edited by star; 07-07-18 at 11:36.

Quote Originally Posted by star View Post
    You interested to know can visit me at the show flat as invite.

Quote Originally Posted by star View Post
    Stirling, Park Colonial, Riverfront Resi showflats are still full...

Park Colonial yesterday: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...0539561&type=3

Park Colonial today: https://www.facebook.com/marvinlee.r...304114562/?t=0 14 sold since morning

Many going ahead to buy, to avoid further counter measures.
    Got money scared can’t buy only.
    Ordinary folks hoping for cheap,
    Rich folks don’t wait for opportunities, they grab opportunities.

Quote Originally Posted by jwong71 View Post
    Many going ahead to buy, to avoid further counter measures.
    Got money scared can’t buy only.
    Ordinary folks hoping for cheap,
    Rich folks don’t wait for opportunities, they grab opportunities.
    cheap units being snapped up at riverfront. i wonder how is the sales at affinity with that 5 to 7% discount going on this weekend. either agents too busy to post or buyers prefer park colonial. haha.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post
    cheap units being snapped up at riverfront. i wonder how is the sales at affinity with that 5 to 7% discount going on this weekend. either agents too busy to post or buyers prefer park colonial. haha.
    Those miss the boat will still miss regardless got measure or no measure.

Happy for buyer, also happy for those did not buy at least those who did not buy get to tell their side of the story.

If everyone sing the same song, this world will be very boring.

I salute Singaporeans for their wealth and their dedication to properties regardless of the pressure put on them.

For those without Facebook account.

<<Park Colonial D-DAY + 1.5 >>

After the announcements, buyers continue to flock to Park Colonial today (during the day) to catch up on what they had missed out.

Not surprisingly, 9 buyers took action today and bought a unit each at Park Colonial despite the property curbs. I don’t disagree with them! ��

Give me a call and find out why your should still buy Park Colonial in spite of the property curbs tmr! The number to dial is 84445555!

#ERALovesParkColonial

https://www.facebook.com/marvinlee.r...5642304114562/

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    For those without Facebook account.

<<Park Colonial D-DAY + 1.5 >>

After the announcements, buyers continue to flock to Park Colonial today (during the day) to catch up on what they had missed out.

Not surprisingly, 9 buyers took action today and bought a unit each at Park Colonial despite the property curbs. I don’t disagree with them! ��

Give me a call and find out why your should still buy Park Colonial in spite of the property curbs tmr! The number to dial is 84445555!

#ERALovesParkColonial

https://www.facebook.com/marvinlee.r...5642304114562/
    Wonder these 9 buyers is first home buyer or those subjected to 12% ABSD. If they belongs to the latter, really gotta salute them

Quote Originally Posted by Xan View Post
    Wonder these 9 buyers is first home buyer or those subjected to 12% ABSD. If they belongs to the latter, really gotta salute them
    I think it is safe to bet they are first time buyers. Or if they were buying second properties, you have to assume they know something we don't know, like Singapore is about to discover a diamond mine in the bowels of Bukit Timah nature reserve.

It is cheaper to pay the tax than to buy a car.

Most like PC because it is near MRT.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad View Post
    I think it is safe to bet they are first time buyers. Or if they were buying second properties, you have to assume they know something we don't know, like Singapore is about to discover a diamond mine in the bowels of Bukit Timah nature reserve.
    Before the current CMs, my agent was holding 5 cheques for PC. None of them are first home buyer. This means they readily accept 7% ABSD. The situation is exactly the same when I was at park place show flat.

Well, It seems to me that when the dust is settled, it’s just a matter of time for these 2nd home buyers to continue their hunting.

Before the current CMs, my agent was holding 5 cheques for PC. None of them are first home buyer. This means they readily accept 7% ABSD. The situation is exactly the same when I was at park place show flat.

Well, It seems to me that when the dust is settled, it’s just a matter of time for these 2nd home buyers to continue their hunting.
    Actually, I think the new CM will increase demand rather than reduce it. First buyers regard their first time buyer status as being more valuable after the cooling measures than before the cooling measures. So, they would flock to the showflats, and make purchases. What the cooling measures are doing is to replace the second or third-time buyers by first-time buyers. There are more first-time buyers in Singapore than multiple-time buyers.
    Last edited by stalingrad; 07-07-18 at 21:01.

and the 14 or more today...https://www.facebook.com/marvinlee.r...304114562/?t=0

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad View Post
    Actually, I think the new CM will increase demand rather than reduce it. First buyers regard their first time buyer status as being more valuable after the cooling measures than before the cooling measures. So, they would flock to the showflats, and make purchases. What the cooling measures are doing is to replace the second or third-time buyers by first-time buyers. There are more first-time buyers in Singapore than multiple-time buyers.
    i'm very surprised but i think you are right. there are still a lot of first time buyers or genuine upgraders (willing to sell their current property once new property TOPs). this measure may actually convert some who originally were not sure if to buy 2nd property to become a landlord or to upgrade to swing firmly to become the latter.

i'm very surprised but i think you are right. there are still a lot of first time buyers or genuine upgraders (willing to sell their current property once new property TOPs). this measure may actually convert some who originally were not sure if to buy 2nd property to become a landlord or to upgrade to swing firmly to become the latter.
    Yeah, it just makes economic and psychological sense. As you said, if I were a HDB owner and weren't sure I should sell my HDB and buy a condo, I would actually be more inclined to sell my HDB and buy a condo after the cooling measure than before. These are the additional demand that didn't exist before the CM.

There are valid reason for first home buyer to flock in and buy now knowing that their current golden status may be changed tmr in the event gahmen may tweak the CMs again in the near future. I.e reduce LTV limit, or even imposed minor ABSD for first time buyer in the private property sector.

This is true for foreigner first home buyer, Kenna slapped with additional 5% ABSD for nothing in this round of CMs. Lol

There are valid reason for first home buyer to flock in and buy now knowing that their current golden status may be changed tmr in the event gahmen may tweak the CMs again in the near future. I.e reduce LTV limit, or even imposed minor ABSD for first time buyer in the private property sector.
    Exactly right. In Singapore, weather changes fast but laws change even faster.

Haha instead of cooling, it makes the market hotter. Lol.

Haha instead of cooling, it makes the market hotter. Lol.
    Singaporeans are smart, and it will take them only a few days to figure this out.

Actually no surprise. There are tons of such cases among those I know. Their HDB/EC haven’t MOP already start to negotiate with developer to defer their S&P so as to get a piece of ownership in private

The number are out, guess the MTB need to work harder to pay for the extra 5% or risk paying more.

While some (like property soul) continues to sing a negative tune/make YouTube videos on singapore property price/demand/policy, no matter how convincing the facts are, they failed to understand the psychological aspect of a Singaporean’s dream. This property game will never die despite so many rounds of CMs. As Long as singapore continues to position itself to be an attractive place to stay n invest, this vicious cycle continues.
    Last edited by Xan; 07-07-18 at 21:59.

Marvin Lee: Park Colonial sold 23 units today! Don’t expect discounts, do expect price increase!

It's a really nice location and this area has potential. Congrats to the new buyers of park colonial and welcome to your future neighbourhood!

Actually no surprise. There are tons of such cases among those I know. Their HDB/EC haven’t MOP already start to negotiate with developer to defer their S&P so as to get a piece of ownership in private
    to me it was just hard to estimate the numbers.

after previous cooling measures, there was usually uncertainty and pulling back initially. that's why today's reaction was unexpected for me.

if buyer comparing park colonial to the garden residences which having around same psf, no doubt

PC has the best value proposition among the new launch now & its priced competitively.
    Affinity was much quieter today.