Thread: New Launch at East Coast

Default New Launch at East Coast

Dear all,
    I think there is a new launch at Joo Chiat place area, a private apartment development (34 units in all) with
    1. Private lift access to each unit
    2. 28 meters long lap pool
    3. basement car park
    4. Going at about 900psf
    5. Freehold
    6. Within 5 minutes walking distance to Joo Chiat eateries places.. and all.

What are your views ? Is it a good buy ? I think this is the same developer as D-Ecoasia in East Coast.

Does anyone know about the quality of the D'Ecoasia workmanship?>

Quote Originally Posted by DW
    Dear all,
    I think there is a new launch at Joo Chiat place area, a private apartment development (34 units in all) with
    3. basement car park
    4. Going at about 900psf
    5. Freehold

What are your views ? Is it a good buy ? I think this is the same developer as D-Ecoasia in East Coast.

What's the project name?

Default D'Fresco

The unit is D'Fresco developed by HLH Group. I wonder if anyone knows about this developer and development. It is located at Mangis Road/Joo Chiat Lane.
    Personally, I am quite drawn to its
    1. Private lift access to each individual units
    2. 28 meter lap pool
    3. Basement carpark.
    4. Finishings appear to be quality products based on show galleria.

p/s: HLH was the same developer who developed D'Ecoasia at Still Road. That development looks nice from outside. Anyone knwo about the internal finishings and workmanship about that development for my reference please?
    Thansk!

Any feedback from anyone ?

any hint of the psf?....

ptyhunter Guest

The unit is D'Fresco developed by HLH Group. I wonder if anyone knows about this developer and development. It is located at Mangis Road/Joo Chiat Lane.
    Personally, I am quite drawn to its
    1. Private lift access to each individual units
    2. 28 meter lap pool
    3. Basement carpark.
    4. Finishings appear to be quality products based on show galleria.

p/s: HLH was the same developer who developed D'Ecoasia at Still Road. That development looks nice from outside. Anyone knwo about the internal finishings and workmanship about that development for my reference please?
    Thansk!

Any feedback from anyone ?
    I am looking for a unit around katong/joo chiat area. Can help to find out the PSF please?

Dear all,
    3. basement car park
    4. Going at about 900psf
    5. Freehold

Do you know where/which is the nearest MRT? Within 10mins walk? Roughly know the area but not very sure about MRT.

Thanks.

Default MRT

Buy Condo, drive car lah.

Why ask where MRT

Default Views on REsidential in Joo Chiat area (not directly at Joo Chiat Road)

As most of you are aware, there is a reasonable mass of private residential in the Joo Chiat area. I do not mean the Joo Chiat Road (main, where it is rumoured or often criticised of its historical sleazy past). I am refering to the private residential area bounded by
    1. Still Road,
    2. Koon Seng Road,
    3. Joo Chiat Place and
    4. Tembeling Road

The "sleazy" Joo Chiat Road is one lane further out from Tembeling Road.

Personally I quite like that bounded private resi area as it is quite quiet and the residential in that bounded zone is generally landed and appears to be quite decent (I know this sounds like a oxymoron when used in Joo Chiat, to some of you here).

Just want to hear some views and opinions on private residential developments in Joo Chiat area.

Quote Originally Posted by rayaw
    Buy Condo, drive car lah.

Why ask where MRT

Stay condo, must drive car issit? What is the correlation?

I've been driving my car paid by company for the last 15years and the last time I took an MRT or a bus was at least 4-5 years ago. I would not buy a car in Singapore if I have to fork out my own money. I would take the taxi or MRT any day. Buses I absolutely have no clue.

However, my wife uses the MRT daily to work in the city, her office is right on top of one of the stations. Our current private apartment (not condo) is about 15mins walk to the MRT.

It also does not mean my other family members, relatives and friends coming over to visit, drive too.

So MRT is a prime consideration for us, if you must know. I fail to see the connection between living in a condo and having a car.

If you have nothing useful to contribute, please don't. Don't appreciate your sarcasm.

DW, so did u buy the D Fresco? it along Joo chiat lane, near to Haig Girl school ... TOP Jun 2011

Nope I did not.

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    DW, so did u buy the D Fresco? it along Joo chiat lane, near to Haig Girl school ... TOP Jun 2011

DW, care to share why ....due to Joo chiat sleazy ..??

As most of you are aware, there is a reasonable mass of private residential in the Joo Chiat area. I do not mean the Joo Chiat Road (main, where it is rumoured or often criticised of its historical sleazy past). I am refering to the private residential area bounded by
    1. Still Road,
    2. Koon Seng Road,
    3. Joo Chiat Place and
    4. Tembeling Road

The "sleazy" Joo Chiat Road is one lane further out from Tembeling Road.

Personally I quite like that bounded private resi area as it is quite quiet and the residential in that bounded zone is generally landed and appears to be quite decent (I know this sounds like a oxymoron when used in Joo Chiat, to some of you here).

Just want to hear some views and opinions on private residential developments in Joo Chiat area.
    I think the Joo Chiat area has great potential given that Katong Mall and Katong Shopping Centre will be revamped.

Quote Originally Posted by Miow
    I think the Joo Chiat area has great potential given that Katong Mall and Katong Shopping Centre will be revamped.
    Katong Mall refurbishment is confirmed. But Katong Shopping Centre also?

Katong Shopping Centre going for enbloc...

If you study the area deep enough, there isn't much vacant land left within Joo Chiat / Katong / East Coast area. Meaning old landed houses / shopping malls will go enbloc to give space for new developments. Potentially, the entire area is a gold mine in years to come. Not forgetting MRT line will be on its way within the next 5 to 10 yrs.

For the short term, we should see new revamped Katong Mall up and running by end 2011. The area is lacking a movie theatre and MRT, and Katong Mall will bring in the cinemas.

Also, a lot of conservation houses are going for refurbishment, and new hip and trendy restaurants are opening up along Katong.

All I can say is, it's going to be a happening place in time to come.

katonh mall revamp is indeed good , especially for Tembeling area which is within walking distance...heee hee

katong shopping center so old and full of maid agencies...really need a revamp as well...guess their askig price too high