Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The Garden Residences @ Serangoon North Ave 1

Quote Originally Posted by Xan View Post
    Not sure after today, some will go back to buy older projects (left over units) like park place, grandeur park.. or maybe left over units in tapestry/twin vew. Left mostly bigger units
    end of this month they have the option of park colonial, so people may look at this project first. it has a bit of the catalyst u mentioned, SPH already said will sell their plot at ABOVE 2000psf so they priced it at just below 2000psf kekeke.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post
    end of this month they have the option of park colonial, so people may look at this project first. it has a bit of the catalyst u mentioned, SPH already said will sell their plot at ABOVE 2000psf so they priced it at just below 2000psf kekeke.
    I think people have many choices in tat area, so they will choose wisely, ...I remember last time after I executed my choice, ... a bit regret as many better ones on the market without my knowledge.....

Quote Originally Posted by henryhk View Post
    I think people have many choices in tat area, so they will choose wisely, ...I remember last time after I executed my choice, ... a bit regret as many better ones on the market without my knowledge.....
    I started to look for projects launch in 2017 two months back but price has increased at least 10%.

Will developers drop price to move sales? If not it will stuck many unsold units.

That will depend on market response and forecast of the economy and government cooling measures. The panorama in amk did drop price for its relaunch after a poor performance at initial launch.

Quote Originally Posted by tick View Post
    Will developers drop price to move sales? If not it will stuck many unsold units.

Some see it coming, others think just another wave.

Looks like there going to be flood of properties launch into the market soon.

Looks like there going to be flood of properties launch into the market soon.
    Enbloc sales plus buyers waiting at the sideline for years with cash will still absorb the market. Project like affinity n TGR (at high psf at current and in not so good location) can only move very slowly.

However, u would notice that buyers are more discerning and will do their homework. Agent and developer’s trick of creating panic buying (else land price will go up fast) doesn’t seems to work on every projects.

I roughly can see the fate of the project next to Twin Vew launch by CDL who bought the land price 35% higher and also the one at Tampines court. Unless developer chup pattern to entice the buyers
    Last edited by Xan; 03-06-18 at 09:16.

Affinity at Serangoon expected TOP 2024. The current Serangoon Ville owners are still staying. Wonder why is the rush for Oxley to launch a project 6 years before TOP? If property market is expected to pick up, then shouldn't they delay the launch to launch at a higher price point, say a few years later?

Affinity at Serangoon expected TOP 2024. The current Serangoon Ville owners are still staying. Wonder why is the rush for Oxley to launch a project 6 years before TOP? If property market is expected to pick up, then shouldn't they delay the launch to launch at a higher price point, say a few years later?
    Seeing the recent success for new launches give the developer confidence to “hit the metal while still hot.” In months to come, there’s more new launches and competition will be stiff.

Oxley style has been go in and out quick.
    They are highly leveraged and has been pretty successful so far to churn their products. Evident in their overseas forays.

Quote Originally Posted by Khng8 View Post
    Oxley style has been go in and out quick.
    They are highly leveraged and has been pretty successful so far to churn their products. Evident in their overseas forays.
    but now their first big one here already not going so ideally.

Will need an attractive price drop to clear the remaining 90% units. Probably more discount needed than those given to the 10% VVIP who given Cheques?

The flip side is that if they did not rush to launch, then probably a good portion of their sales yesterday would have gone to gardens anyway, which would put them in a worse off position.

They have time to sell since TOP is 2024.
    Last edited by tick; 03-06-18 at 11:35. Reason: NA

Have to understand that 1600 psf at both that kinda location is already not easy to sell (unless there’s any “buyers feel good” catalyst such as nearby land price 20-30% higher bid etc)
    With the two launch together, it’s expected the pie need to split half.
    Though affinity bid the land price lower, it does not put them in any better situation since it has 1k plus units to clear. At current, There’s no immediate demand in serangoon area at that kind of location unless both of them are near Nex or mrt.

Quote Originally Posted by 2824 View Post
    The flip side is that if they did not rush to launch, then probably a good portion of their sales yesterday would have gone to gardens anyway, which would put them in a worse off position.
    At first, I would have think so. But when think deeper, might not be the case. Buyers no need to rush to buy TGR immediately (given TGR price is not that enticing, location so so etc) . Buyers can adopt the wait and see attitude and wait till affinity is launched and compare both prices. On the other hand, affinity can also observe the buyer’s response towards TGR before pitching their pricing accordingly to better entice the buyers. In short, affinity need not rush. Just My 2 cents.
    Last edited by Xan; 03-06-18 at 12:09.

Oxley still has the former rio casa (to be called riverfront residences) to launch. that's why better launch affinity first in order not to compete with itself.

@Xan: i do agree with you that affinity and garden residences at 16xx is challenging at that serangoon north road. Some more launch together, pie split into half since buyers got more choices on the market. Some more its not that near MRT station.

However, think that woodleigh condo launching soon. above 2000psf. last time that woodleigh mrt station is a "white elephant", now suddenly become "gold rooster".. haha

Park Colonial Indicative Price!

��Phase 1 Guide- Developer Price to Sell
    ��Estimate $16xx PSF

Possibly the lowest quatum new launch door step to MRT ��

⛱Units:
    1BR - 463sqft From $7xxk
    1BR + Study - 506sqft
    From $8xxK
    2BR - 570sqft to 635sqft
    From $9xxK
    2BR Deluxe - 635sqft to 678sqft From $1,0xxK
    2BR + Study - 667sqft
    From $1,2xxK
    2BR Dual Key - 743sqft
    From $1,2xxK
    3BR - 915sqft to 980sqft
    From $1,3xxK (From $1530psf)
    3BR Deluxe - 1012sqft to 1066sqft From $1,6xxK (from $1530psf)
    4BR Classic - 1184sqft to 1249sqft From $2,0xxK
    4BR Deluxe - 1367sqft to 1410sqft From $2,2xxK
    5BR Luxury - 1712sqft (Pte Lift ) $2,7xxK

Teo See Hwa
    Official Appointed Marketing agency
    PropNex

Quote Originally Posted by handsometeck View Post
    @Xan: i do agree with you that affinity and garden residences at 16xx is challenging at that serangoon north road. Some more launch together, pie split into half since buyers got more choices on the market. Some more its not that near MRT station.

However, think that woodleigh condo launching soon. above 2000psf. last time that woodleigh mrt station is a "white elephant", now suddenly become "gold rooster".. haha
    In recent context, woodleigh may still sell better than the two Serangoon projects (though launch at 2kpsf) could be due to the fact that in recent new launches, most of the projects are not in good location or near mrt. (twin vew, tapestry, affinity, the gardens, and the next coming one riverfront). These projects target mainly for those buying for self stay.

Those that are in better location like Amber 45, 120 grange, Martin modern are in the above 2.4k to 3kpsf/more expensive league.

Thus, buyers who r looking for reasonably good location/city fringe but with a Budget of ard 2kpsf may still consider woodleigh area.
    Jade Scape is another to watch if price is right.

To me, woodleigh is just about convenience and city fringe. For investment purpose and with 2kpsf Budget, I would go for left over units at park place anytime as I felt the potential there is higher.

Park Colonial is definitely a better buy if it is at 1600psf. Got MRT and mall opposite. And don't forget the land price of woodleigh residences. They are going to sell ard 2k psf. So capital appreciation is there. Convenience is there. It is way better than Garden residences. Same price but you get MRT and mall. If you have been in property long enough, you will know mall + MRT is highly sought after.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb View Post
    Park Colonial is definitely a better buy if it is at 1600psf. Got MRT and mall opposite. And don't forget the land price of woodleigh residences. They are going to sell ard 2k psf. So capital appreciation is there. Convenience is there. It is way better than Garden residences. Same price but you get MRT and mall. If you have been in property long enough, you will know mall + MRT is highly sought after.
    Look like you have not been in property long enough or not an insider to know mall + MRT is not always profit.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    Look like you have not been in property long enough or not an insider to know mall + MRT is not always profit.
    not always but SPH already blow trumpet to sell at MORE THAN 2000psf liao mah. even if they malu chop to 1900psf, park colonial phase 1 if average 17xxpsf also still good price.

need to look at the site layout of Park Colonial...

will there be units facing the main road? it's pretty congested there, need to find units with quiet facing

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post
    not always but SPH already blow trumpet to sell at MORE THAN 2000psf liao mah. even if they malu chop to 1900psf, park colonial phase 1 if average 17xxpsf also still good price.
    You need a greater fool to buy at 2400 psf just like when I buy at 899 psf in 2011 I need a great fool to buy at 1600 psf in 2018.

But at the same price with GR, I think I will go for MRT + Mall. Even for own stay, it is also decent.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb View Post
    But at the same price with GR, I think I will go for MRT + Mall. Even for own stay, it is also decent.
    Be aware where is the Air Con Tower for the Mall and MRT. My place ground floor unit with just one compressor on the whole night my unit at the fifth floor can feel the effect.

No la. I not buying. 10% ABSD.

Be aware where is the Air Con Tower for the Mall and MRT. My place ground floor unit with just one compressor on the
    whole night my unit at the fifth floor can feel the effect.