Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Park Colonial Condo

PARK COLONIAL WOODLEIGH LANE Condominium 13 RCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2017 New Sale 1 $2,980,000 - 1,711sq ft Strata 11 to 15 1,741psf Nov-18

https://www.99.co/singapore/sale/pro...5qftBVHtpQYhtk

Add another 20k, I confirm for you a Freehold Landed property 2378 sqft Land area.

They have mandated a price increase w.e.f. on 19th Nov, Monday. We will circulate the new price list on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcachon View Post
    They have mandated a price increase w.e.f. on 19th Nov, Monday. We will circulate the new price list on Monday.
    to coincide with woodleigh residences showflat closure.

PARK COLONIAL WOODLEIGH LANE Condominium 13 RCR 99 yrs lease commencing from 2017 New Sale 1 $2,980,000 - 1,711sq ft Strata 11 to 15 1,741psf Nov-18

https://www.99.co/singapore/sale/pro...5qftBVHtpQYhtk

Add another 20k, I confirm for you a Freehold Landed property 2378 sqft Land area.
    different location ma...

What’s the price increase percentage and for which units? 3 bedders?

if you notice, the returned units % is very high for Park Colonial..

for every 2 units sold, 1 unit is returned...

they can continue touting the numbers sold, and keep trying to jack up prices..

i'm surprised it's not fully sold out by now, if the development is such a "good" find

Quote Originally Posted by sginvestor View Post
    What’s the price increase percentage and for which units? 3 bedders?
    expected increase is 2%

if you notice, the returned units % is very high for Park Colonial..

for every 2 units sold, 1 unit is returned...

they can continue touting the numbers sold, and keep trying to jack up prices..

i'm surprised it's not fully sold out by now, if the development is such a "good" find
    is there? where did u get the data about 1 unit returned for every 2 sold.

this project has been on the market for only 4+ months. to be hitting almost 68% sold AFTER the cooling measures is already a record pace. i'm not vested in this project, just posting because i see this as one of the relative value buys vs some other projects.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post
    is there? where did u get the data about 1 unit returned for every 2 sold.

this project has been on the market for only 4+ months. to be hitting almost 68% sold AFTER the cooling measures is already a record pace. i'm not vested in this project, just posting because i see this as one of the relative value buys vs some other projects.
    The data is for all to see in squarefoot - returned units, esp for months post July eg August, Sep, Oct.

The data is for all to see in squarefoot - returned units, esp for months post July eg August, Sep, Oct.
    that seems to be because of some option "rollover" scheme. gotta ask agents for the details.

but if the number of caveats is increasing then there is a net increase ie "returned units" caveats are removed with new caveats lodged so what's the issue?

that seems to be because of some option "rollover" scheme. gotta ask agents for the details.

but if the number of caveats is increasing then there is a net increase ie "returned units" caveats are removed with new caveats lodged so what's the issue?
    Have to be careful of double counting...

CEL recently allows reissue of otp up to 8 times. There will be many more of these roll over cases

Have to be careful of double counting...
    noted. but as mentioned, they do delete the previous caveats so no unit will have 2 caveats lodged unless it was resold (not by the developer).

on a seperate note, heard that sales at Parc Esta is very hot today. anyone knows how many sold?

on a seperate note, heard that sales at Parc Esta is very hot today. anyone knows how many sold?
    Yeah would be interested to know

Yeah would be interested to know
    read that more than 300. bro Arcachon also confirmed at the parc esta thread to be more than 300.

Quote Originally Posted by Xan View Post
    I guess quite a lot are holding back due to Parc Esta, where seems to be more reasonably priced.
    As expected. Crowd mostly drawn to Parc Esta.
    If not for CM, it won’t be just 330 units sold only.

I think the most important question you have to ask yourself is - If you put yourself in the shoe of the next buyer, will you buy?

Take for example, WR, 646 sqft transacted > 2.3k psf. A tiny 2 bedders for 1.5M. The next buyer will probably have to buy at 1.7M for you to make some decent profit. That is > 2.6k psf. Ask yourself, will you pay 1.7M and 2600psf for a super tiny suburban 2 bedders? For me, 1.7M can get a decent sized unit at river valley/great world area. Some are FH somemore.

And don't forget your surrounding rental. This kind of tiny 2 bedders, market rate is 2 to 2.3k only. Bear in mind this is a suburban location, almost at the edge of RCR already. Bartley residences which is just round the corner is OCR.

So you have a tiny 2 bedders, renting out for 2.2k, paying 4 to 4.5k of mortgage installment to the bank which adds up to 5k including taxes and maintenance fees. All these while waiting for someone to pay 2600psf for your suburban tiny 2 bedders. I can't imagine this happening to me. lol.

Exactly! Park colonial owners may not have the paper gains they were expecting!

Might as well buy a freehold at this price point - Gazania (former sun rosier)
    Gazania’s location is far superior than Jui Residences ( former factory facing the road)

To be honest, not so long ago, nobody can imagine paying 1 million for a condo as well, or even more than 1kpsf. It used to be say 400 psf for a 1000 sf property.

The way forward is hard to imagine, but I feel that current buyers are more looking to stay in the property bought than to rent out.

Quote Originally Posted by thomastansb View Post
    I think the most important question you have to ask yourself is - If you put yourself in the shoe of the next buyer, will you buy?

Take for example, WR, 646 sqft transacted > 2.3k psf. A tiny 2 bedders for 1.5M. The next buyer will probably have to buy at 1.7M for you to make some decent profit. That is > 2.6k psf. Ask yourself, will you pay 1.7M and 2600psf for a super tiny suburban 2 bedders? For me, 1.7M can get a decent sized unit at river valley/great world area. Some are FH somemore.

And don't forget your surrounding rental. This kind of tiny 2 bedders, market rate is 2 to 2.3k only. Bear in mind this is a suburban location, almost at the edge of RCR already. Bartley residences which is just round the corner is OCR.

So you have a tiny 2 bedders, renting out for 2.2k, paying 4 to 4.5k of mortgage installment to the bank which adds up to 5k including taxes and maintenance fees. All these while waiting for someone to pay 2600psf for your suburban tiny 2 bedders. I can't imagine this happening to me. lol.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

It depends. May not be so straightforward for every cases in current market.
    Take for example, buyers paying park place at $2kpsf stupid? Where they can easily go for nearby Geylang freehold condo at $500 psf cheaper? Or cheaper older nearby units at waterina? Would future buyers be willing to pay PP more than $2kpsf in near future? No one knows. To some pple, buying PP is like buying the township instead of just a condo.

WR is just an outlier case bound to fail at this launch price because buyers are not ready to digest $2.xkpsf at that location “yet”.
    Garden residence and affinity suffers the same fate a few months back. Their number of units sold on launch day was also a mockery.
    But if u noticed, units starts to move slowly. (WR may indirectly helps those not moving to move). In fact, I observed affinity starts to move quite healthily over the past few months.
    Guess WR will just need to take more time than the others to move and need another pricier future launch to help it moves.

For Parc Esta, it is a more straightforward case. But do bear in mind that it is still a pretty large development with 1399units, which may face quite a bit of competition to sell/rent.

My first 4 bedder condo was priced at 700k. Never did I expect it is now priced close to 2mil 10 years later.
    Last edited by Xan; 18-11-18 at 09:17.

Take for example, buyers paying park place at $2kpsf stupid? Where they can easily go for nearby Geylang freehold condo at $500 psf cheaper? Or cheaper older nearby units at waterina? Would future buyers be willing to pay PP more than $2kpsf in near future? No one knows. To some pple, buying PP is like buying the township instead of just a condo.

WR is just an outlier case bound to fail at this launch price because buyers are not ready to digest $2.xkpsf at that location “yet”.
    Garden residence and affinity suffers the same fate a few months back. Their number of units sold on launch day was also a mockery.
    But if u noticed, units starts to move slowly. (WR may indirectly helps those not moving to move). In fact, I observed affinity starts to move quite healthily over the past few months.
    Guess WR will just need to take more time than the others to move and need another pricier future launch to help it moves.

For Parc Esta, it is a more straightforward case. But do bear in mind that it is still a pretty large development with 1399units, which may face quite a bit of competition to sell/rent.

My first 4 bedder condo was priced at 700k. Never did I expect it is now priced at 2mil 10 years later.
    yeah, i notice sales at affinity have been quite healthy recently...
    frankly, the location for affinity is not bad, just that it's not near the MRT
    also note that this comes because Oxley has moderated the prices of affinity - around 1,500 psf instead of 1,584 psf at launch (if i recall correctly). a 5% discount is enough to make buyers bite

Fair enough. But the scary part is rental is 50% of installment. If interest rates continue to go up, it will be 40%. Can't imagine that. That is why my personal opinion is don't go for it. Like what you said, your first 4 bedders was 700k. Will you pay double the psf for a similar but newer unit beside yours? I won't.

My first 4 bedder condo was priced at 700k. Never did I expect it is now priced close to 2mil 10 years later.

yeah, i notice sales at affinity have been quite healthy recently...
    frankly, the location for affinity is not bad, just that it's not near the MRT
    also note that this comes because Oxley has moderated the prices of affinity - around 1,500 psf instead of 1,584 psf at launch (if i recall correctly). a 5% discount is enough to make buyers bite
    yes affinity has given sufficient discount at this point and moved faster. gardens tried to discount but somehow not getting the same effect.

Fair enough. But the scary part is rental is 50% of installment. If interest rates continue to go up, it will be 40%. Can't imagine that. That is why my personal opinion is don't go for it. Like what you said, your first 4 bedders was 700k. Will you pay double the psf for a similar but newer unit beside yours? I won't.
    Which project is that? rental is 50% of installment

Rentability is very important if it's for pure investment. Nearby condos will 'fight to the death' to low ball new developments which are commanding high prices today. These new ones will likely lose out if they are breaking new price ceilings. We need to know what is around and what are you offering uniquely.

Comes back to my argument of where exactly is the prime spot around this area which no one can actually out do you. If you hold the prime spot, no arguments about it. If there is no clear answer, please stay away as an investor if you cannot take the stress of low rents or negative cash flow in some or most years even.

2 cents,
    PropVestor

Quote Originally Posted by PropVestor View Post
    Rentability is very important if it's for pure investment. Nearby condos will 'fight to the death' to low ball new developments which are commanding high prices today. These new ones will likely lose out if they are breaking new price ceilings. We need to know what is around and what are you offering uniquely.

Comes back to my argument of where exactly is the prime spot around this area which no one can actually out do you. If you hold the prime spot, no arguments about it. If there is no clear answer, please stay away as an investor if you cannot take the stress of low rents or negative cash flow in some or most years even.

2 cents,
    PropVestor
    What if I tell you property price will Double in 10 years, will you die die must have rental yield.

You said well ' true investment & the fight to the death' Still, I hope our parc esta will stand alone in the crows this time. Let's see what happen next.

Quote Originally Posted by lawrencesee View Post
    You said well ' true investment & the fight to the death' Still, I hope our parc esta will stand alone in the crows this time. Let's see what happen next.
    Congrats on your new purchase Lawrence. I am close by, one stop away. MCL has put in a rather interesting proposition in pricing for one-bedder (<500 sq ft) against PPR. We are watching closely.

What if I tell you property price will Double in 10 years, will you die die must have rental yield.
    I throw back the question: What will you as a buyer/investor purchase a unit like this which is previously bought new but vacant for 10 years and expect to pay 'supposedly 2X' the price from the seller who bought new?

Price in PC increased by 1 plus % today, around 18k to 20k increase per unit on average.
    My sibling bought an 3 bedder unit yesterday. Happy buyer. Lol
    Last edited by Xan; 19-11-18 at 14:26.