Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Park Colonial Condo

Quote Originally Posted by PropVestor View Post
    My bet is on Woodleigh doing better. Why not buy 'The real McCoy'? Let's see if I am right.
    perhaps buyers may find woodleigh resi too pricey. i saw something funny on facebook. an agent actually hinted:

Park Colonial: Quiet Private Estate
    Woodleigh Resi: Noisy, HDB enclave

lol.

anyway, there are only 273 or less units left for grabs at park colonial and Woodleigh starts ticking down at 667 units tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post
    anyway, there are only 273 or less units left for grabs at park colonial and Woodleigh starts ticking down at 667 units tomorrow.
    I think numbers speak for themselves. City Fringe new launches are taking prices to new heights.
    For any condos to be labelled 'noisy, HDB enclave' it should be well over a thousand units like the upcoming one in D14?

I think numbers speak for themselves. City Fringe new launches are taking prices to new heights.
    For any condos to be labelled 'noisy, HDB enclave' it should be well over a thousand units like the upcoming one in D14?
    i think that agent was trying to say that woodleigh resi is surrounded by hdbs, albeit very new hdbs whereas park colonial is not.

Whoever lives in these 2 estates and thinks that HDB are not around them are seriously delusional. The things some agent say....

In fact, its a plus point since the potential upgraders from a relatively new estate will support 2nd ownership from them. Whoever catches the next hot potato for these 2 leaseholds will be from the 1-2km surroundings.

Whoever lives in these 2 estates and thinks that HDB are not around them are seriously delusional. The things some agent say....

In fact, its a plus point since the potential upgraders from a relatively new estate will support 2nd ownership from them. Whoever catches the next hot potato for these 2 leaseholds will be from the 1-2km surroundings.
    Price point is too high, will buyers consider a freehold condo instead?
    There's former Sun Rosier by Singhaiyi going to be launched, very near Bartley Mrt , very private residential estate (est 250 units), very quiet (not like the Quinn etc)

I will be sad if former Sun Rosier condo is priced the same as Park Colonial..

Quote Originally Posted by sginvestor View Post
    There's former Sun Rosier by Singhaiyi going to be launched, very near Bartley Mrt , very private residential estate (est 250 units), very quiet (not like the Quinn etc)

that pricing probably depends on how well woodleigh residences sells tomorrow.

coincidentally, Singhaiyi released this during its results announcement today:

The Group expects to launch the freehold projects of The Gazania (f.k.a Sun Rosier) and The
    Lilium (f.k.a How Sun Park) which are strategically located in close proximity to Bartley MRT
    station and several prestige schools and suburban malls, by the first quarter of 2019. The 2
    freehold projects will offer 330 quality condominium units in total.

thanks for the update

Gazania is better than Lilium in terms of location and accessibility

Ya man. Have they seen the map how many HDBs are there? LOL. And they will continue to build more and more.

heard around 114 units sold during balloting at kent ridge hill residences this morning. no info about woodleigh residences yet.

heard around 114 units sold during balloting at kent ridge hill residences this morning. no info about woodleigh residences yet.
    Ok, this means sales are quite bad for Kent ridge hill residences. They are making a mockery of the balloting process - there’s really no need to ballot when there are more units than buyers

Heard only 30 units sold at Woodleigh Residences....

Quote Originally Posted by Brown24 View Post
    thanks for the update - need Straits Times to confirm the units sold

it's their crown jewel - ya know, lol

thanks for the update - need Straits Times to confirm the units sold

it's their crown jewel - ya know, lol
    That fat fark ex-general don't know how to do business one lah LOL

Ok, this means sales are quite bad for Kent ridge hill residences. They are making a mockery of the balloting process - there’s really no need to ballot when there are more units than buyers
    frankly, in the current environment, 114 out of 548 is very good already. that's > 20% of total units at a price that is not really cheap. as many buyers may converge to the same small units, that's the purpose of the ballot, not because there are still many other units available.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown24 View Post
    https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...or-home-buyers

no wonder they dare not say how many sold? lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Anus View Post
    That fat fark ex-general don't know how to do business one lah LOL
    Park Colonial sold another 4 units from Monday to Friday this week. I saw from this morning's video https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...78435349156871
    that a lot of people turned up for the ballot. If they only sold 30, then I think you are right. The rest of the buyers are headed to Park Colonial after confirming the price lol.

maybe the Woodleigh Residences would cut prices and match Park Colonial's prices...
    buyers can get a better deal if they wait

maybe the Woodleigh Residences would cut prices and match Park Colonial's prices...
    buyers can get a better deal if they wait
    the developer may be able to sell the units over a longer period of time since they are given 7 years to build the commercial components, need to check on this.

SPH and the japanese developer would probably have some pride than to cut price as this project is just a small project vs the size of their companies. they can also wait for park colonial to be fully sold rather than cut price to compete with them. afterall, there's only less than 1/3 to go for Park Colonial and no further new competing supply in the vicinity.

Right now they only hv Orange Tee and Saville marketing this projects....sure lose out to Park Colonial which hv all the big agency

Ha ha .... A total commercial flop. Need to write down and relaunch again.

despite self writing those articles about buyers preferring to pay premium to stay in mixed development, the discount + Park Colonial being too close to them for comfort has proven otherwise.

buyers buying Park Colonial thinking that Woodleigh Residences will be priced more expensive may be in for a rude shock if the developers of Woodleigh Residences cut prices

anyway, i don't understand, Woodleigh Residences can't even move 100 units? even Kent Ridge Residences managed 100 units...
    it could be a marketing issue
    and I wonder why SPH doesn't report the sales numbers of Woodleigh Residences like they do for other launches.
    as a our mainstream news media, I would expect transparency and accountability

buyers buying Park Colonial thinking that Woodleigh Residences will be priced more expensive may be in for a rude shock if the developers of Woodleigh Residences cut prices

anyway, i don't understand, Woodleigh Residences can't even move 100 units? even Kent Ridge Residences managed 100 units...
    it could be a marketing issue
    and I wonder why SPH doesn't report the sales numbers of Woodleigh Residences like they do for other launches.
    as a our mainstream news media, I would expect transparency and accountability
    they didn't report the numbers obviously because its bad. can't comment on "transparency and accountability". later kenna sued how?

SPH probably didn't want Park Colonial agents to sell Woodleigh Residences and end up swinging the buyers over hence only used 2 agencies. i still think their strategy is "no rush to sell", let park colonial inventory whittle down and they can just use a small discount to entice buyers to them after that. there is no need to go head on and cut prices to compete with them.

And I won't even consider that mall as a mall. I could be wrong but I read that the size of the so-called mall is abt 160k sqft. Even punggol plaza, a super tiny neighbourhood "mall" is 380k sqft.

Worst recent launched project Garden Residences sold more unit on first week launch than this Woodleigh Residences.....
    Pricing, marketing all not done properly, of cos u can say they are big developer and no urgency to sell, I don't think they like to see this kind of sales figure on the first weekend...

they didn't report the numbers obviously because its bad. can't comment on "transparency and accountability". later kenna sued how?

SPH probably didn't want Park Colonial agents to sell Woodleigh Residences and end up swinging the buyers over hence only used 2 agencies. i still think their strategy is "no rush to sell", let park colonial inventory whittle down and they can just use a small discount to entice buyers to them after that. there is no need to go head on and cut prices to compete with them.
    This is really sad....28u. I noticed usually most projects aim to hit min `20% sold’ magic story figure...whether it’s 20% sold for launched or total units. In this case, those scholar Journalists must be cracking their Cambridge educated brains and burning the midnight oil trying to figure out how to write this article lol

But of coz, the 20% sold mostly pertains to Developers who are financially weaker and the bank sometimes `want’ to see this threshold cleared before disbursing the next tranch of funds for development. In SPH case, it has Big Brother to back so maybe they are not sweating....yet lol

Another reason is the smallest unit in woodleigh residences is 570sqft 2 bedder. Pricing out many potential buyers. Usually first weekend of launch those 1 and 1+s are snapped up.