Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Park Colonial Condo

So don’t be too happy with any new measures. It’s going to affected badly on end consumers US, not them.

If govt is genuine to make it affordable, they should follow lta transfer fee style.
    One time same fee. Instead of purchase price * 3% -$5400 formula.

Only one word, going to pay "MORE" later.

Quote Originally Posted by sginvestor View Post
    Ok, does that mean that 3 bedroom units will be more affected by the ruling? Going forward, we can expect the same quantum for a bigger 3 bedroom unit?
    As an example, Parc Botannia which has slow selling 3 bedrooms since the cooling measures suddenly sold 2x3 bedroom premium yesterday and a 3 bedroom compact late Friday.

If you think you can get a bigger 3 bedroom at the same quantum, that mostly depends on the land costs going forward. In the meantime, some buyers have already decided to take no chances and buy smaller 3 bedrooms at higher psf but still affordable quantum.

my guess is that even if land prices dip a bit, quantum wise, the size of the larger 3 bedroom under the new rule multiply by the slightly lower psf will still be less affordable than those currently in the market. by the time these 3 bedrooms come to market, there would again be limited affordable inventory for sale. next year would see a lot more high end CCR launches and less affordable ones from OCR and RCR.

i just realised that there r no 1 bed/1+study at woodleigh residences which makes the park colonial ones "limited edition"

I would think that dynamics are shifting in the buyer’s favour.
    CDL bought the West Coast Land at $200psf more but are launching at the same price as Twin Vew... not necessarily true that developers would pass on the higher land cost to buyers.
    Anyway twin vew site is better as it’s further away from the AYE...

I would think that dynamics are shifting in the buyer’s favour.
    CDL bought the West Coast Land at $200psf more but are launching at the same price as Twin Vew... not necessarily true that developers would pass on the higher land cost to buyers.
    Anyway twin vew site is better as it’s further away from the AYE...
    Wow, you ready don't know what others know.

Those in the know won’t comment in this forum... so why is Cdl pricing the whistler grand launch cheap? Why don’t they pass on the higher land cost to buyers?

Actually you already answered your own question. From demand angle, TV has a better location. The new measures could also mean the original projected price level cannot be set and they had to sell at existing price.

From supply angle, the number of units, specific furnishing offerings, and cost of construction could also vary. Some developers also price in a larger range of prices? Starting price does not equate actual price.

Those in the know won’t comment in this forum... so why is Cdl pricing the whistler grand launch cheap? Why don’t they pass on the higher land cost to buyers?
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

Some comment can only share with people you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Adva181 View Post
    Paging Propvester
    How do u see Park Colonial at 1700psf
    Sorry for the late reply, I am really tied up recently.

My 2 cents is to wait for Woodleigh Residences for the simple reason of being a mixed development. There is a park on this side of the road too which means unobstructed graden view for certain stacks. There is a premium price to pay but SPH-Kajima know what they are asking for.

The solution to so many 'me-too' condos 1 to 2 MRT station away is to go for a rarer, non-thematic product that stacks convenience against thematic designs like Colonial which IMHO reminds ME of being a past colonised state (I make no apologies of being a proud Singaporean) which I rather be kept in history books for my kids and leave it as that.

My argument is convenience will never go out of fashion no matter how you look at it. Convenience will ALWAYS command a premium and that is lasting value. The latter is supremely important for all investors post-CM period.

2 cents,
    PropVestor

i think cdl said 1380psf average. it is unable to price higher precisely as u said becoz of cooling measures. does that count as swinging in buyer's favour, sure it is. however, it is bound to attract buyers at this level and given that this is the last plot in the area, they are unlikely to cut price further for u to buy.
    what the cooling measures have done is transferred the "extra" developer profits to buyers and that is already on-going. many buyers already know that and have started to return to the market.

sounds balanced.

Quote Originally Posted by PropVestor View Post
    Sorry for the late reply, I am really tied up recently.

My 2 cents is to wait for Woodleigh Residences for the simple reason of being a mixed development. There is a park on this side of the road too which means unobstructed graden view for certain stacks. There is a premium price to pay but SPH-Kajima know what they are asking for.

The solution to so many 'me-too' condos 1 to 2 MRT station away is to go for a rarer, non-thematic product that stacks convenience against thematic designs like Colonial which IMHO reminds ME of being a past colonised state (I make no apologies of being a proud Singaporean) which I rather be kept in history books for my kids and leave it as that.

My argument is convenience will never go out of fashion no matter how you look at it. Convenience will ALWAYS command a premium and that is lasting value. The latter is supremely important for all investors post-CM period.

2 cents,
    PropVestor
    Depends on what an individual values...

If you value exclusivity, privacy especially since it's a "private" condo development, Park Colonial is a good choice.
    If you value convenience, want a mall under your apartment, Woodleigh Residences would be good.

The mall is not that far from Park Colonial too..

I wonder, is there a cut-off or price at which a buyer is not prepared to pay for the extra "convenience"

Singapore attracts the rich and the famous..

Veteran Hong Kong TVB star Benz Hui has moved into private property in Yishun
    https://mothership.sg/2018/10/benz-hui-yishun/

https://sg.yahoo.com/news/veteran-hk...033727258.html

The mall at woodleigh residence is quite good size (>200,000sqft as a guide). Poiz residence mall is a joke too small to call it a mall.

Depends on what an individual values...

If you value exclusivity, privacy especially since it's a "private" condo development, Park Colonial is a good choice.
    If you value convenience, want a mall under your apartment, Woodleigh Residences would be good.

The mall is not that far from Park Colonial too..

I wonder, is there a cut-off or price at which a buyer is not prepared to pay for the extra "convenience"
    On the note with regards to being 'exclusive and private', Park Colonial has 200+ more units than the proposed number of units at Woodleigh. I am just looking at pure specs.

I have no vested interest in any of the two developments.

With regards to premium tied to convenience, here is an article that might interest you.
    https://www.edgeprop.sg/property-new...pments-command

Yah man. And if they rent out as individual units, maybe it might end up with many massage shops and money lenders. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by star View Post
    The mall at woodleigh residence is quite good size (>200,000sqft as a guide). Poiz residence mall is a joke too small to call it a mall.

sounds reasonable in terms of number of units...

park colonial's 5 bedrooms are also limited edition as there are no competing units at woodleigh residences. any idea what is the balance mix of units for the remaining 288 units at this project?

Woodleigh Residences guide price:
    ����2BR - From $1.088m 570 sq ft 1909psf
    ����2BR Deluxe - From $1.261m 646 sq ft 1952psf
    ����2BR Flexi - From $1.407m 721 sq ft 1951psf
    ������3BR - From $1.664m 850 sq ft 1958psf
    ������3BR Deluxe - From $2.077m 1076 sq ft 1930psf
    ��������4BR - From $2.55m 1270 sq ft 2008psf
    ��������4BR Deluxe - From $3.213m 1475 sq ft 2178psf

doesn't this make park colonial a justifiable bargain?

Current Park Colonial's best prices:

*����BEST BUY UNITS*_
    _��1BR #11-31 *$863k*_
    _��1+S #02-25 *$932k*_
    _��2BR C #04-16 *$1.066M*_
    _��2BR D #01-04 *$1.199M*_
    _��2+S #01-39 *$1.232M*_
    _��2DK #01-08 *$1.363M*_
    _��3BR C #02-23 *$1.527M*_
    _��3BR D #03-06 *$1.666M*_
    _��4BR C #02-22 *$2.098M*_
    _��4BR D #02-19 *$2.259M*_
    _��5BR #01-50 *$2.78M*_

How come SPH says prices start from $1873 psf? that doesn't gell with the 1.088m price for 2 bedroom 570 sq ft.

maybe they will offer 1% discount...

How come SPH says prices start from $1873 psf? that doesn't gell with the 1.088m price for 2 bedroom 570 sq ft.

maybe they will offer 1% discount...
    could it be that there are some non standard sized units? or like u say, 1% still quite miserly.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter View Post
    Woodleigh Residences guide price:
    ����2BR - From $1.088m 570 sq ft 1909psf
    ����2BR Deluxe - From $1.261m 646 sq ft 1952psf
    ����2BR Flexi - From $1.407m 721 sq ft 1951psf
    ������3BR - From $1.664m 850 sq ft 1958psf
    ������3BR Deluxe - From $2.077m 1076 sq ft 1930psf
    ��������4BR - From $2.55m 1270 sq ft 2008psf
    ��������4BR Deluxe - From $3.213m 1475 sq ft 2178psf

doesn't this make park colonial a justifiable bargain?
    I think the market has spoken in terms of July sales figure for Park Colonial. New CMs are just an excuse to enter the market earlier than they anticipated.

Quote Originally Posted by PropVestor View Post
    I think the market has spoken in terms of July sales figure for Park Colonial. New CMs are just an excuse to enter the market earlier than they anticipated.
    the absence of 1, 1+study and 5 bedders at woodleigh residences would also help Park Colonial to sell these "rare" units.

Too bloody expensive for this slum area. Sorry to say. It is really a slum area.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerico View Post
    Not a fan of the colonial concept.
    It's just another peasant heartlander condo located in a slum, with owners pretending to be upper class.

the absence of 1, 1+study and 5 bedders at woodleigh residences would also help Park Colonial to sell these "rare" units.
    Truly the developer teams are watching each other proposition and staggered their design and launch timings. I have good vibes for this area which is my second choice alongside Kallang Riverside.

woodleigh resi's impending launch helping Park Colonial to sell around 7 units every week.

woodleigh resi's impending launch helping Park Colonial to sell around 7 units every week.
    My bet is on Woodleigh doing better. Why not buy 'The real McCoy'? Let's see if I am right.