Thread: Government should help older Pine Grove residents

Default Government should help older Pine Grove residents

Government should help older Pine Grove residents

Dec 8, 2017

I have lived in Block P of Pine Grove Condominium for 30 years (Tempers fray over bid to sell Pine Grove en bloc; Nov 30).

The corner unit that I occupy on the 14th floor comprises 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and two balconies, with a stunning view of nature.

The condominium is also close to the National University Hospital, MRT stations and bus stops.

Many of my neighbours support a council bent on selling Pine Grove en bloc. The council has tried to sell en bloc previously, but it failed. They are trying again.

If they succeed this time, I will have to exchange my spacious home with aerial views for a chicken coop somewhere else.

I believe the Government can do more to help those who are opposed to selling en bloc, in particular the older citizens of Pine Grove.

Koh Kong Chia

Quote Originally Posted by reporter2 View Post
    Government should help older Pine Grove residents

Dec 8, 2017

I have lived in Block P of Pine Grove Condominium for 30 years (Tempers fray over bid to sell Pine Grove en bloc; Nov 30).

The corner unit that I occupy on the 14th floor comprises 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and two balconies, with a stunning view of nature.

The condominium is also close to the National University Hospital, MRT stations and bus stops.

Many of my neighbours support a council bent on selling Pine Grove en bloc. The council has tried to sell en bloc previously, but it failed. They are trying again.

If they succeed this time, I will have to exchange my spacious home with aerial views for a chicken coop somewhere else.

I believe the Government can do more to help those who are opposed to selling en bloc, in particular the older citizens of Pine Grove.

Koh Kong Chia
    Yes we should take care of the minority and let the majority rot.

Maybe should go US, the individual right come first before the rest.

Maybe the government should give them additional 1 million dollars? Should compensate them because they are so "unfortunate" to lose a house

If that were ever possible, many of us will be extremely rich today, owning huge swathes of kampung land inherited from our forefathers, because our views and living spaces were close to being unparalleled.

If want to die defending a piece of land, it’s better and safer to buy a landed property.
    The three laws of Kelonguni:

Where there is kelong, there is guni.
    No kelong no guni.
    More kelong = more guni.

I was just being sarcastic.

Selling en bloc: Are residences not built to last?

Dec 20, 2017

I fully understand Mr Tan Khoon Hui's desire to cash out (Selling Pine Grove would help older residents financially; Dec 17).

I have another perspective on collective sales.

While we are promoting a green environment, we are unnecessarily destroying buildings which may still be useful when we sell them en bloc.

Should we not evaluate if a building is still in liveable condition before subjecting it to destruction?

Or are we implying that our buildings are not built to last?

For those concerned about income inequality, perhaps a flat collective sale tax could be imposed on those who reap significant profits, tax free, from the sale.

Koh Hui Hwa (Ms)

Or are we implying that our buildings are not built to last?

Don't know which kampung she living, Singapore building was never build to last due to the weather.

For those concerned about income inequality, perhaps a flat collective sale tax could be imposed on those who reap significant profits, tax free, from the sale.

If taxing the rich can solve the income inequality she should go North to learn from Malaysia boleh, they have being doing it since independent 31 August 1957.