Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Treeline - Telok Kurau LorG / D15 / Freehold

Unregistered111 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by No love TK1
    I read in the papers there is much higher proportion of HDB upgraders in the east compared to other parts of Singapore, which will keep the prices strong. It's an aspirational thing for HDB upgraders to move to the east. Personally I'm not a big fan of the beach in Singapore - find it dirty so wont be too fuss about staying near the beach. I find Bukit Timah a nice place and got relatives staying there. It may seem strange but the Bukit timah area seems cooler than my current home at Telok Kurau. I dont think one can say east is "richer", in fact, the old money areas are all skewed to the west. There're also many mass mkt condos in the east as well. Anyway, see first lah. Dunno can sell my home at a good price or not..... now condo market is so dead, let alone landed property with no foreign demand.
    How about jalan loyang besar which is along pasir ris park/beach which is less crowded and cleaner? The environment over there seems very pleasing for self stay as it is very laid back and resort kind of living as it is surrounded by chalets...The only set back is the distance to the city...

Unregistered123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TK again
    Why u call me idiot? I said precisely there is NO foreign demand! Do you need me to spell out in ABC that there is no foreign demand because of which section of the law? OMG!

I don't think it is fair to say that the west is industrial, actually only Tuas is industrial lah and that is very far out. Other than that, Alexandra, Rochester, Bukit Timah, Upper Bukit Timah, Hillview, Holland Village, Ulu Pandan, Gillman, Portsdown etc etc. is quite nice Chill out at these places sometimes and find out it's quite happening. But the higher proportion of HDB upgrader in the east pvt ppty means prices should remain quite strong even in a down market which is good news for everyone
    There is no foreign demand in Bukit Timah as well so I don't see the point of you stating that fact. Anyway, you are an Idiot buying landed in TK KNOWING that there is no foreign demand in the first place!

Unregistered999 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered123
    There is no foreign demand in Bukit Timah as well so I don't see the point of you stating that fact. Anyway, you are an Idiot buying landed in TK KNOWING that there is no foreign demand in the first place!
    Foreigners is not eligible to buy landed properties regardless of freehold or 99LH right?

Landed owners r usually having old cash who hopes to pass down their homes and lands to future generations...They own the LAND so ur kids etc can choose stay on and even rebuild....That's old tradition...Nobody is idiot...
    One impt thing, nobody can ever force u to enbloc ur landed property..mabe gvt can..

For FH condo, u can be forced to enbloc....

Unregistered123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered999
    Foreigners is not eligible to buy landed properties regardless of freehold or 99LH right?

Landed owners r usually having old cash who hopes to pass down their homes and lands to future generations...They own the LAND so ur kids etc can choose stay on and even rebuild....That's old tradition...Nobody is idiot...
    One impt thing, nobody can ever force u to enbloc ur landed property..mabe gvt can..

For FH condo, u can be forced to enbloc....
    You are a bigger idiot for not knowing what we're trying to point out. All you mentioned are facts that are already known. What we're trying to point out is that there is no difference between owning a landed in TK and BT with regards to sellling it to Foreigners - because you simply can't! Check his post first before replying aimlessly.

Just realised that directly opp the Treeline, there is some sort of old folks home. Don't read chinese (hehe) so did not realise till wife mentioned it.

Anyone know what exactly is this place and how long they've been there? Maybe got enbloc potential since their location is really good, hehe...
    Can anyone just pay to enter or have to be some clan or association member, my wife thinks but cant recall exactly, that it was some kind of clan or something. We've got aged parents so maybe a good idea if we do move into that neighborhood eventually. Dont ask me to call them directly, I'm curious but not that curious!!

Any fengshui expert got comments about old folks home directly facing your property? Any 'remedies'? hehe...

Nice place the Treeline but maybe not for us... we'll keep looking though because we like this neighborhood!

Who is idiot? Guest

Is there any reason why you go around calling people idiot? Is that how you carry yourself? Why can't you just engage in proper discussion? Just curious, do you stay in Telok Kurau? If yes, you really shame everyone there! I feel sorry for your neighbours.

People buy landed property for a reason. I don't see why you call them idiot! For all you know, this person has made tons of money from this landed property as well (realised or otherwise)!

I just don't it is nice to go around with a big head and think you're the smartest person in the world...

Unregistered123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Who is idiot?
    Is there any reason why you go around calling people idiot? Is that how you carry yourself? Why can't you just engage in proper discussion? Just curious, do you stay in Telok Kurau? If yes, you really shame everyone there! I feel sorry for your neighbours.

People buy landed property for a reason. I don't see why you call them idiot! For all you know, this person has made tons of money from this landed property as well (realised or otherwise)!

I just don't it is nice to go around with a big head and think you're the smartest person in the world...
    I don't see the point in carrying out proper discussion with someone who compares landed in TK with landed in BT and then saying that there is no foreign demand in TK.

Anyway, how do u engage in a proper discussion with someone about LANDED in a CONDOsingapore forum! Pls don't make yourself look stupid ... you could almost be an Idiot!

He is Idiot Guest

I don't see the point in carrying out proper discussion with someone who compares landed in TK with landed in BT and then saying that there is no foreign demand in TK.

Anyway, how do u engage in a proper discussion with someone about LANDED in a CONDOsingapore forum! Pls don't make yourself look stupid ... you could almost be an Idiot!
    ya hor, the boy 'who is idiot' is really Idiot one. cannot read title of forum and want to lecture. this is condo forum la.

No name calling Guest

The person who stay in landed in TK was just sharing his experience staying in the area about the place getting crowded and roads not wide enough for so many condos. There is no need to call people idiot - name-calling without engaging in proper discussion doesn't make you wise and raise doubts on your upbringing. There is nothing here that say that people who stay in landed cannot comment here. This is one of the worst threads. Other threads are at least more civilised and open to both positive and negative comments. Let's all learn to discuss properly without calling names.
    Quote Originally Posted by He is Idiot
    ya hor, the boy 'who is idiot' is really Idiot one. cannot read title of forum and want to lecture. this is condo forum la.

u dunno whats cool Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ER
    No lah... i said generally lah... the west invoked an industrial feeling lah and the East a holiday feeling lah.... no offence meant to the westerns....

industrial feeling very hip and trendy leh! you see NYC all the old warehouse and factories convert into cool and trendy lofts and apartments.

holiday feel is for retirees who wish they were in phuket or bali lah... maciam kampong like pasir ris everybody ride bicycle and slack like mat yo yo, wear shorts and slippers and hangout. not too cool leh! some more all old people who drive family cars. no way this one is malibu beach man!

Quote Originally Posted by No name calling
    The person who stay in landed in TK was just sharing his experience staying in the area about the place getting crowded and roads not wide enough for so many condos. There is no need to call people idiot - name-calling without engaging in proper discussion doesn't make you wise and raise doubts on your upbringing. There is nothing here that say that people who stay in landed cannot comment here. This is one of the worst threads. Other threads are at least more civilised and open to both positive and negative comments. Let's all learn to discuss properly without calling names.

Agree with you!

Unregistered123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by No name calling
    Now, there is nothing wrong with sharing your experiences abt TK but he is comparing his landed with the same in BT. I ask you what relevance is there in that?

Have you actually read his post and understood what he was talking about before you posted?

Unregistered123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TKT
    Agree with you!
    you my friend, unfortunately .. seem to agree with anything ...

We're all here to discuss about property... not debate a moot point ad nauseum... enough la. Become like Everitt Road for what...

You, my friend, MOVE ON la... small matter, enough la, aiyo!

No virus spreading Guest

Anyone can post anything. if he want to compare TK to another area which he is moving to. So be it. At the end of the day, nice or not is relative to something right? Let's move on. Or else like someone say like Everitt neighbours like that which is not far away from Telok Kurau! Don't let the bickering neighbours and name calling virus spread to TK

Now, there is nothing wrong with sharing your experiences abt TK but he is comparing his landed with the same in BT. I ask you what relevance is there in that?

Have you actually read his post and understood what he was talking about before you posted?

Unregistered123 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by No virus spreading
    Anyone can post anything.
    haha .. that's like shooting yourself in the foot. so i am entitled to post my views and opinions then. well, since you guys have likened TK with Everitt, then so be it cos if you look at all the TK threads, they're all the same.

It's not like I as defending TK or anything. Hell, I don't even live there and probably never will but we're talking about condos here and not about LANDED. You can have your views about landed in TK in relation to condos in TK or even the area in TK. You could probably compare condos in TK with other condos elsewhere. That's fine but he was going totally out of point ... and look at the ttitle of the post .. it says Treeline ...

Unregistered34 Guest

Actually frankly speaking, all the "condos" in TK seem to have the same outline / shape.

It's like to developers ask the same architect to cut and paste the development plans.. (abit must change the name a bit)..

Whoever paid 900 to 1000 psf for these condos will be screaming CCB come 2 to 3 yrs time when the prices plunge down to realistic levels.

ER Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered34
    Actually frankly speaking, all the "condos" in TK seem to have the same outline / shape.

It's like to developers ask the same architect to cut and paste the development plans.. (abit must change the name a bit)..

Whoever paid 900 to 1000 psf for these condos will be screaming CCB come 2 to 3 yrs time when the prices plunge down to realistic levels.
    If you give the whole estate a fleeting look, it does appears they all look the same.. after all, one characteristics of TK is low rise… that in my opinion is also a key advantage... after all, that means no HDB is in sight

But looks carefully and deeper and you will see the difference...

Then again, if you give all condo a fleeting look… don’t they all look the same…. Windows.. balcony…

I hope you are right that the prices will come plunging to "realistic" level... the thing is, in Singapore... income never seems to go up and property prices never seems to come down. For the sake of everybody, i do hope you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by ER
    If you give the whole estate a fleeting look, it does appears they all look the same.. after all, one characteristics of TK is low rise… that in my opinion is also a key advantage... after all, that means no HDB is in sight

But looks carefully and deeper and you will see the difference...

Then again, if you give all condo a fleeting look… don’t they all look the same…. Windows.. balcony…

I hope you are right that the prices will come plunging to "realistic" level... the thing is, in Singapore... income never seems to go up and property prices never seems to come down. For the sake of everybody, i do hope you are right.

Been to a few projects, how do you guys rate this developer Roxy Homes?

Think they're very active in the TK area, we've seen at least 4 projects that they do (Treeline, Verte, something opp the Verte, etc)... so maybe that is why some think the "look" is quite similar. Certainly for their designs, "iconic" does not come readily to mind... although their ID I must say is quite nice... but when you think about all the ledges, balconies, walls they tear here, tear there, its kinda misleading...

Also, Fragrance is active i think in the East, although more towards Joo Chiat area...

Heck, why dont we talk about the Developers here... which Developers are the responsible ones giving good value for money... ie which ones are good, average, avoid...? And WHY?

Would be useful to know as a general guide...

Default Quality of Treeline

Hi guys,
    I went to see Treeline a couple of months back and I understand owners were trying to sell at about 1000psf for that development (it was about April 2008 I think).

I went to one of the apartments and did note it appears the workmanship is somewhat less satisfactory than what I had hope for. I am hoping to hear some views from you on the following:-

1. What is the current asking price for Treeline, for apartments which are on sale; and
    2. What is the quality of the finishing/workmanship for this development, given my one-time experience with this development may not be representative of the works' and
    3. What is the broader/general feel of Roxy Homes' quality of finishings in their development ?

Thanks in advance.

so how staying in the treeline, and the nearby amenities ?

I have a friend who has a lobang to buy treeline at $900psf for a 3 bedder penthouse. Worth consider?

actually i won't consider 900psf for a penthouse...
    For own stay? Why not look around?

TK I find road always congested. anyone try going there at peak hr? cant drive straight and have to Q to drive in or out.. just road way too small...

Quote Originally Posted by minority
    TK I find road always congested. anyone try going there at peak hr? cant drive straight and have to Q to drive in or out.. just road way too small...
    Lor g much better as there r 2more exits

She bought it 1.35mil! Think it is a good deal..

Why is it so ex for this development? Quite cramp inside right?