Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 57

Thread: The Treeline - Telok Kurau LorG / D15 / Freehold

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    249

    Default The Treeline - Telok Kurau LorG / D15 / Freehold

    This project TOP recently.

    Anyone has views to share about this project?

    Is it worth to invest since close to MRT, freehold?

  2. #2
    Star Investor Guest

    Default

    If the price is right, and it fits your liking, plus the convenience of MRT and freehold, wat's stopping u? Stay or Invest is only one fine line. What u personally like to stay and live in would like suit other potential investors. At the end of day, property price is like building castles in the air, it is only a matter of time it will tumble from its peak but the smart investor exits at the right timing and right price while the end owner can choose to take losses or continue stay in his castle. At this time of the market, u wil definitely not be the end owner. ;-)

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    249

    Default

    Have checked some units on sale. Owners were asking around 900-1000psf, which I find rather high at this point in time.

    Also checked out some of the newer developments there, most developers are selling above 1000psf like the Verte and another one near to East Coast Road (cant recall the name now). Actually I like the Verte much more, in particular those units facing the park (really cool!) but all sold out and I guess those lucky owners probably wont part theirs for at least 1200psf. Well, it wont be at least 2years before this is completed and brochures could be misleading...

    Treeline units that we've seen have small rooms and huge balconies(!) and nothing much in terms of facilities to speak of... the other thread on Telok Kurau boutique developments having tiny swimming pools is quite spot on, haha. Can't imagine say 3 families (father, mother and 2 kids x 3 = 12 pax) sharing the pool all at the same time, definitely congestion problem! Having said that though, our current place has a pretty decent pool but come to think of it, we hardly ever use it, haha.

    However, the location is one of the best in Telok Kurau we've seen so far, if not the best. Very close to the Kembangan MRT and yet very quiet neighboorhood. My spouse actually loved it and was seriously contemplating the plunge but I guess one of us had to be more sane, what with the prices being quoted.

    For rental, we think could make sense due to the MRT but we're a bit skeptical if the small sizes would interest or attract good tenants, especially in the longer term. Guess I'll need a bit more safety margin if going for rental investment.

    All in all, we'll keep looking around this little corner as we consider Telok Kurau a nice place to have a home, not too atas, not too ulu, not too crowded... it's a bit of a mixed, charming, hidden gem really!

  4. #4
    TKK Guest

    Default

    I agree with u that treeline is one of the best among all the projects in TK..but not much landscaping and pathetically small pool.

    I gave an offer of around 800psf before it TOP, but too bad...rejected...

    Verte is the best project in TK, but all units facing the park are above 1mil!

    Ambrosia is good too.

  5. #5
    IMHO Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TKT
    All in all, we'll keep looking around this little corner as we consider Telok Kurau a nice place to have a home, not too atas, not too ulu, not too crowded... it's a bit of a mixed, charming, hidden gem really!
    Not too crowded? Try imagine many of the current landed will soon be boutique apartments....the traffic is already a nightmare as of now!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IMHO
    Not too crowded? Try imagine many of the current landed will soon be boutique apartments....the traffic is already a nightmare as of now!

    Hahaha... that is quite true about traffic!

    I think for the Treeline, however, there is one side road into Changi Road, so at least dont have to drive all the way to the end to channel into main roads. For other Lorongs, could well be a bigger problem although some Lorongs do have a couple of exit points... Maybe the day the TP start drawing a long white line on the roads there, we'll see all the parked vehicles cleared and no more congestion! ... Congestion in terms of people though, I think is still quite reasonable. Been to the Siglap park connector and in fact walked all the way to East Coast Park once, was quite a pleasant and relaxing walk along greenery. Hope it'll always stay that way!

    Still thinking of the Verte too, really regret missed the soft launch as was busy that time! ... I think Ambrosia was the other project we visited recently (the one on East Coast Road??). Nice showroom but location-wise is not for us as one of our criteria must be MRT within 10mins walking distance.

  7. #7
    East Lover Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IMHO
    Not too crowded? Try imagine many of the current landed will soon be boutique apartments....the traffic is already a nightmare as of now!
    Hmm... that is true. Then again, boutique apartments bring along with it self containing car parks..

    The problem now is that many of the landed owners have more cars than their houses can handle thus parking on the public road...

    I don't think it will get worse... but the problem is not likely to go away as well...

  8. #8
    Boutique's meaning Guest

    Default

    Boutique apartmentas are supposed to have unique "theme" and special features. TK apartments are small, lack unique features and definitely not boutique. Let's not bastardise the word "boutique" okay?

    Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    Hmm... that is true. Then again, boutique apartments bring along with it self containing car parks..

    The problem now is that many of the landed owners have more cars than their houses can handle thus parking on the public road...

    I don't think it will get worse... but the problem is not likely to go away as well...

  9. #9
    East Lover Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boutique's meaning
    Boutique apartmentas are supposed to have unique "theme" and special features. TK apartments are small, lack unique features and definitely not boutique. Let's not bastardise the word "boutique" okay?
    Thank you for your feedback.

    I was, in all circumstances, merely brorrowing the phrase from a comment posted by "IMHO".

    With respect, most apartment projects are also being marketed as boutique apartment without really any content so there you have it...

  10. #10
    737 Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    Thank you for your feedback.

    I was, in all circumstances, merely brorrowing the phrase from a comment posted by "IMHO".

    With respect, most apartment projects are also being marketed as boutique apartment without really any content so there you have it...
    how accurate... no theme, template developments... for that kind of price, u can find better investments elsewhere.. those interested, pls feel free to drop me a line..

  11. #11
    Star Investor Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 737
    how accurate... no theme, template developments... for that kind of price, u can find better investments elsewhere.. those interested, pls feel free to drop me a line..
    Hi, please tell me where to find themed developments, freehold, near to town, near to MRT, less traffic, similarly priced as TK area, and with larger common area facilities. I am very interested.

  12. #12
    East Lover Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Star Investor
    Hi, please tell me where to find themed developments, freehold, near to town, near to MRT, less traffic, similarly priced as TK area, and with larger common area facilities. I am very interested.
    I am also interested, if indeed such projects are available at TK's price.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    40

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by East Lover
    I am also interested, if indeed such projects are available at TK's price.
    who wouldnt be interested ?

    would ppl wan a place not near town , not near MRT , pricely , and a small development ?

    hahahaha . sorry if i have provoked u , just tryin to tell u the facts here.. who doesnt wan good stuffs . cheap , green and big boobs.
    hahahaha

  14. #14
    737 Guest

    Default

    for any property consideration, buyers should have in mind what's their objective (buy to stay or invest) and their desirable psf entry range which provides an indication of their overall budget.

    next, buyers need to open their minds and not be obsessed with the leasehold freehold factor, esp when they're exploring private condo projects for investment. this will open them up for a more objective range of project choices..so u need to lay these out before u embark on any exploration (identify those mandatory features/factors)..

    objective-stay/invest (anticipated rental returns)
    price range
    freehold/leasehold
    location's attractiveness
    condo's surroundings
    condo' condition/appeal (if looking for theme development, what themes)
    unit's condition/appeal

  15. #15
    Orginial East Lover Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jaded
    who wouldnt be interested ?

    would ppl wan a place not near town , not near MRT , pricely , and a small development ?

    hahahaha . sorry if i have provoked u , just tryin to tell u the facts here.. who doesnt wan good stuffs . cheap , green and big boobs.
    hahahaha
    i wrote that in jest leh..... Read the word "indeed".

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    191

    Default Treeline Workmanship

    Dear all,
    Just my five cents worth. I went to Treeline for a viewing today (agent brought me there) and I noticed the following which sort of disturbs me a little
    1. Workmanship was really bad - some wardrobes was not even working (cannot open).
    2. Flooring was bad with cracks
    3. Pool appears to be quite small
    4. Balcony is rectagularish in shape... personally prefers square like balconies
    5. The bedroom balcony was way too small to even do anything at all
    6. No covered car parks.
    Good points:-
    1. Very convenient near to MRT
    2. Quiet environment
    3. Located immediately next to Park connector


    Owner wanted 990K for a 1100sf apartment. What say you guys?

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    208

    Default

    My personal opinion, if you do drive, compare treeline vs esta, i'll opt for esta..

  18. #18
    TK is crowded Guest

    Default

    Covered car park makes a huge difference in terms of maintenance of your car and convenience. It rains 40% of the time in Singapore. Imagine having to brave the sun and rain just to get to your car...

    I stay at landed property at Telok Kurau area. I must say the traffic here is already quite bad with all the condos springing up everywhere! I find these condos such an eyesore - all look exactly the same. Even I can't tell the difference between project A and project Z. The small lanes were never meant for hundreds of units of condo within a short stretch. In fact, every morn when the rubbish truck comes to clear the rubbish, it jams up the entire lane - that's how small the lanes are. It's horrifying how the condos are appearing everywhere when the facilities can't cater for the influx of people moving in. For those who think it is "exclusive" here - it's not and very congested. I really hope the developers stop building condos on small plots - not condusive for the once-quiet environment. Also, beware of small developers. I have some neighbours staying in the condos here and complain about the poor workmanship. The small developers usually go for the cheapest possible materials. Some of the condos have leaking problems into the walls.


    Quote Originally Posted by DW
    Dear all,
    Just my five cents worth. I went to Treeline for a viewing today (agent brought me there) and I noticed the following which sort of disturbs me a little
    1. Workmanship was really bad - some wardrobes was not even working (cannot open).
    2. Flooring was bad with cracks
    3. Pool appears to be quite small
    4. Balcony is rectagularish in shape... personally prefers square like balconies
    5. The bedroom balcony was way too small to even do anything at all
    6. No covered car parks.
    Good points:-
    1. Very convenient near to MRT
    2. Quiet environment
    3. Located immediately next to Park connector


    Owner wanted 990K for a 1100sf apartment. What say you guys?

  19. #19
    Singapore is crowded too Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TK is crowded
    Covered car park makes a huge difference in terms of maintenance of your car and convenience. It rains 40% of the time in Singapore. Imagine having to brave the sun and rain just to get to your car...

    I stay at landed property at Telok Kurau area. I must say the traffic here is already quite bad with all the condos springing up everywhere! I find these condos such an eyesore - all look exactly the same. Even I can't tell the difference between project A and project Z. The small lanes were never meant for hundreds of units of condo within a short stretch. In fact, every morn when the rubbish truck comes to clear the rubbish, it jams up the entire lane - that's how small the lanes are. It's horrifying how the condos are appearing everywhere when the facilities can't cater for the influx of people moving in. For those who think it is "exclusive" here - it's not and very congested. I really hope the developers stop building condos on small plots - not condusive for the once-quiet environment. Also, beware of small developers. I have some neighbours staying in the condos here and complain about the poor workmanship. The small developers usually go for the cheapest possible materials. Some of the condos have leaking problems into the walls.
    i agree with you but that is because everywhere else is crowded too....

  20. #20
    120i Guest

    Thumbs up

    We just visited Treeline over the weekend, it was sunny, I managed to find sheltered carpark lots at the back of the pool.

    The pool is normal for Telok Kurau developments, maybe as we'd seen smaller ones at places near Lor L, Joo Chiat Place and other nearby small development.

    We viewed a 1500++ square feet unit. Its nice move-in condition with planter box convertible to balcony, not as bad as previously mentioned (perhaps defects done)... when asked, the agent mentioned developer will do any defects within 1st year.

    We saw the proximity of the MRT from this unit, this development is one of the newest and nearest to MRT. Seriously considering this project for the convenience of my family to MRT and food areas, and can even cycle to East Coast beach as the Siglap Park Connector is just beside this Treeline development.

    While I was driving out of this Lor G project, I managed to avoid the whole stretch of Lor G road, by turning out from a side road Jln Wa.... on to Changi Road (got many cafe there). Realise this side road is a thru-and-fro lane, that means I can skip that Lor G stretch.

    Aiya... after looking at Blu Coral and Ambrosia, I appreciate Treeline better, but now waiting for spouse to decide when to proceed for big or small unit... fingers crossed.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 120i
    We just visited Treeline over the weekend, it was sunny, I managed to find sheltered carpark lots at the back of the pool.

    The pool is normal for Telok Kurau developments, maybe as we'd seen smaller ones at places near Lor L, Joo Chiat Place and other nearby small development.

    We viewed a 1500++ square feet unit. Its nice move-in condition with planter box convertible to balcony, not as bad as previously mentioned (perhaps defects done)... when asked, the agent mentioned developer will do any defects within 1st year.

    We saw the proximity of the MRT from this unit, this development is one of the newest and nearest to MRT. Seriously considering this project for the convenience of my family to MRT and food areas, and can even cycle to East Coast beach as the Siglap Park Connector is just beside this Treeline development.

    While I was driving out of this Lor G project, I managed to avoid the whole stretch of Lor G road, by turning out from a side road Jln Wa.... on to Changi Road (got many cafe there). Realise this side road is a thru-and-fro lane, that means I can skip that Lor G stretch.

    Aiya... after looking at Blu Coral and Ambrosia, I appreciate Treeline better, but now waiting for spouse to decide when to proceed for big or small unit... fingers crossed.


    We are also considering the Treeline.

    Some of the things mentioned are true (we also saw the defects) but these can be fixed. Room sizes are small but acceptable i guess.

    This project, on balance, is not too bad compared to some others in the vicinity, mainly due to good location. Amenities, food, MRT, yet quiet and next to park and park connector.

    May I know what psf the seller asking for the 1500sf unit?

  22. #22
    agent Guest

    Default

    2+1 room size 1055 sf avail - anyone?

  23. #23
    No Longer Love TK Guest

    Default

    Actually not everywhere is crowded. Just gotta look for gems!

    Anyway, I think I will move out of my landed at Telok Kurau when the time is right before all the condos TOP. I don't forsee the possibility of expanding the narrow lanes as the houses (now replaced by condos) are built row by row very close together and there is no room to widen the road at all. IMHO, the east coast is in some way overrated because East Coast Park is also overcrowded and polluted. So I'm thinking of moving nearer the nature reserves at Bukit Timah area, which I think is less crowded and underrated. At least the landed there is not infested by condos! Hope I can see my place @ Telok Kurau to a condo developer! Then huat already..... Too bad I move too slowly....

    Quote Originally Posted by Singapore is crowded too
    i agree with you but that is because everywhere else is crowded too....

  24. #24
    737 Guest

    Default

    when u look up and cant see a big trees nor a great expanse of the blue skies, u can conclude the area is definitely overcrowded..

    wow moving from east to west, what a big change it'dbe for u.. better rental an unit to see if u really like it there before uprooting yourself... also depending on yr age and how "reliant" u have been on what tk/east offered u, u may come to regret cos it may take u longer to adapt ..

  25. #25
    ER Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 737
    when u look up and cant see a big trees nor a great expanse of the blue skies, u can conclude the area is definitely overcrowded..

    wow moving from east to west, what a big change it'dbe for u.. better rental an unit to see if u really like it there before uprooting yourself... also depending on yr age and how "reliant" u have been on what tk/east offered u, u may come to regret cos it may take u longer to adapt ..
    Totally agree... also generally East commands more than West...

    My friend related a story that both his relatives bought properties 6 years ago, one in Jurong area and the other in tampines (all private) at about the same prices but with the Jurong one slightly bigger...

    Back to the present, the Tampines Unit commanded a higher price even if the unit is slightly smaller than the Jurong one....

  26. #26
    No love TK1 Guest

    Default

    I read in the papers there is much higher proportion of HDB upgraders in the east compared to other parts of Singapore, which will keep the prices strong. It's an aspirational thing for HDB upgraders to move to the east. Personally I'm not a big fan of the beach in Singapore - find it dirty so wont be too fuss about staying near the beach. I find Bukit Timah a nice place and got relatives staying there. It may seem strange but the Bukit timah area seems cooler than my current home at Telok Kurau. I dont think one can say east is "richer", in fact, the old money areas are all skewed to the west. There're also many mass mkt condos in the east as well. Anyway, see first lah. Dunno can sell my home at a good price or not..... now condo market is so dead, let alone landed property with no foreign demand.

    Quote Originally Posted by ER
    Totally agree... also generally East commands more than West...

    My friend related a story that both his relatives bought properties 6 years ago, one in Jurong area and the other in tampines (all private) at about the same prices but with the Jurong one slightly bigger...

    Back to the present, the Tampines Unit commanded a higher price even if the unit is slightly smaller than the Jurong one....

  27. #27
    ER Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by No love TK1
    I read in the papers there is much higher proportion of HDB upgraders in the east compared to other parts of Singapore, which will keep the prices strong. It's an aspirational thing for HDB upgraders to move to the east. Personally I'm not a big fan of the beach in Singapore - find it dirty so wont be too fuss about staying near the beach. I find Bukit Timah a nice place and got relatives staying there. It may seem strange but the Bukit timah area seems cooler than my current home at Telok Kurau. I dont think one can say east is "richer", in fact, the old money areas are all skewed to the west. There're also many mass mkt condos in the east as well. Anyway, see first lah. Dunno can sell my home at a good price or not..... now condo market is so dead, let alone landed property with no foreign demand.
    I was saying generally without going into specific areas... Of course Bukit Timah commands more but other than Bukit Timah, any other area in the West is of the equivalent of Bukit Timah?

    I think the East invokes a feeling of resort/vacation what with all the major beaches and chalet in the East, and the Airport as well. While the west tends to be a bit of industrial.

  28. #28
    Unregistered123 Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by No love TK1
    I read in the papers there is much higher proportion of HDB upgraders in the east compared to other parts of Singapore, which will keep the prices strong. It's an aspirational thing for HDB upgraders to move to the east. Personally I'm not a big fan of the beach in Singapore - find it dirty so wont be too fuss about staying near the beach. I find Bukit Timah a nice place and got relatives staying there. It may seem strange but the Bukit timah area seems cooler than my current home at Telok Kurau. I dont think one can say east is "richer", in fact, the old money areas are all skewed to the west. There're also many mass mkt condos in the east as well. Anyway, see first lah. Dunno can sell my home at a good price or not..... now condo market is so dead, let alone landed property with no foreign demand.
    talk rubbish - if you indeed own a landed property in TK then you should know that the law forbids you selling your property to foreigners unless of course you bought leasehold landed which makes you a bigger idiot that you already are ..

  29. #29
    TK again Guest

    Default

    Why u call me idiot? I said precisely there is NO foreign demand! Do you need me to spell out in ABC that there is no foreign demand because of which section of the law? OMG!

    I don't think it is fair to say that the west is industrial, actually only Tuas is industrial lah and that is very far out. Other than that, Alexandra, Rochester, Bukit Timah, Upper Bukit Timah, Hillview, Holland Village, Ulu Pandan, Gillman, Portsdown etc etc. is quite nice Chill out at these places sometimes and find out it's quite happening. But the higher proportion of HDB upgrader in the east pvt ppty means prices should remain quite strong even in a down market which is good news for everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered123
    talk rubbish - if you indeed own a landed property in TK then you should know that the law forbids you selling your property to foreigners unless of course you bought leasehold landed which makes you a bigger idiot that you already are ..

  30. #30
    ER Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TK again
    Why u call me idiot? I said precisely there is NO foreign demand! Do you need me to spell out in ABC that there is no foreign demand because of which section of the law? OMG!

    I don't think it is fair to say that the west is industrial, actually only Tuas is industrial lah and that is very far out. Other than that, Alexandra, Rochester, Bukit Timah, Upper Bukit Timah, Hillview, Holland Village, Ulu Pandan, Gillman, Portsdown etc etc. is quite nice Chill out at these places sometimes and find out it's quite happening. But the higher proportion of HDB upgrader in the east pvt ppty means prices should remain quite strong even in a down market which is good news for everyone
    No lah... i said generally lah... the west invoked an industrial feeling lah and the East a holiday feeling lah.... no offence meant to the westerns....

Similar Threads

  1. Seawind freehold @ Telok Kurau Lor M & N
    By Tc3300 in forum East Coast
    Replies: 51
    -: 02-12-13, 15:41
  2. Replies: 4
    -: 25-11-13, 16:45
  3. Treescape @ Telok Kurau (D15, Freehold)
    By shawnabc77 in forum District 15
    Replies: 69
    -: 15-10-12, 16:13
  4. Blu Coral - D15, Telok Kurau Lorong L (FreeHold)
    By latour in forum District 15
    Replies: 167
    -: 12-07-12, 20:37
  5. Telok Kurau - Value buy?
    By Regulators in forum District 15
    Replies: 148
    -: 01-06-10, 11:30

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •