Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Viz@Holland (D10, F'hold,Sim Lian)

Default Viz@Holland (D10, F'hold,Sim Lian)

Just TOP ! How come nobody start thread on this condo? Its going at $1200-1300psf...Quite good location though

very concern Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kal
    Just TOP ! How come nobody start thread on this condo? Its going at $1200-1300psf...Quite good location though
    Do you know that somebody died during the construction of this development?

AH GOU Guest

Quote Originally Posted by very concern
    Do you know that somebody died during the construction of this development?
    YA! a chinese woman got killed in a low floor unit? forgotten which level though? by blangadeshi worker! sure haunted liao lah!

dun get conned Guest

Good meh?

Next to ugly HDB flats, and near very busy high traffic main road. Every minute got lorry pass by making hell of a noise.

Your mailing address will be Queensway, not Holland Rd or Holland Hill.... don't be fooled by the condo name.

Last time $700+ psf me and a few friends see already also don't want to buy, as there were better choices available then. Now it is $1200 psf? Likewise, there are better choices available now as well for that price.

Last time?? If everybody knows last time, now everybody will be much richer liao

dun get conned Guest

Last time?? If everybody knows last time, now everybody will be much richer liao
    And we are.

We bought other condos for $700-$800 psf and sold off last year at $1500 psf to nearly $2000 psf. This is a public forum so believe it or not it is up to you.

The point is, Viz@Holland until now cannot even smell $1300 psf.

Hype Hype Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dun get conned
    And we are.

We bought other condos for $700-$800 psf and sold off last year at $1500 psf to nearly $2000 psf. This is a public forum so believe it or not it is up to you.

The point is, Viz@Holland until now cannot even smell $1300 psf.
    Viz@Queensway will settle back at 700$.

paperplate Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Hype Hype
    Viz@Queensway will settle back at 700$.
    I thought this forum is not for speculators to talk down the market?

viz a viz Guest

we just started to move in here... sure enough, everytime we tell the delivery drivers (furniture, contractor, KFC!) it's at queensway.. they think it's at the queensway shopping centre side. Really difficult to explain to them where we are cos they don't think of 221 queensway as queensway but holland!

and the people staying here, who go use the bbq pits on weekends... they look like they upgraded from commonwealth crescent. the property agents look more classy and drive better cars than the people staying here!

lots of units here still for sale or rent.. we still get flyers from agents every day. looks like it'll be a long time before viz becomes fully occupied. i think most people bought here at a high, and are now facing problems trying to break even.

viz what? Guest

Quote Originally Posted by viz a viz
    we just started to move in here... sure enough, everytime we tell the delivery drivers (furniture, contractor, KFC!) it's at queensway.. they think it's at the queensway shopping centre side. Really difficult to explain to them where we are cos they don't think of 221 queensway as queensway but holland!

and the people staying here, who go use the bbq pits on weekends... they look like they upgraded from commonwealth crescent. the property agents look more classy and drive better cars than the people staying here!

lots of units here still for sale or rent.. we still get flyers from agents every day. looks like it'll be a long time before viz becomes fully occupied. i think most people bought here at a high, and are now facing problems trying to break even.
    No takers it seems. Every week sellers lower their asking price. Soon should be less than 1000psf.

Unreg¡stered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by viz what?
    No takers it seems. Every week sellers lower their asking price. Soon should be less than 1000psf.
    Only you are lowering your house, which is just a dream. I am not, they are not.

Unregistered. Guest

SHOULD BE VIZ@QUEENSWAY SINCE ADDRESS IS 221 QUEENSWAY. PRICE ERODING STEADILY.

Siao Liao Guest

Really haunted ah??? Den the price will dive steeply...

Unregistered_noisy Guest

For the longest, longest time ever, I have wondered why anybody would want to buy something so close to the main road, near a traffic junction. So noisy, not to mention dusty. Paid so much some more. At that time, everyone thought the prices will rise like no tomorrow, it did, but now not anymore.

Viz Kid Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered_noisy
    For the longest, longest time ever, I have wondered why anybody would want to buy something so close to the main road, near a traffic junction. So noisy, not to mention dusty. Paid so much some more. At that time, everyone thought the prices will rise like no tomorrow, it did, but now not anymore.
    Yes not only that its not rising, it has started falling or rather diving. Now heard that 1100psf also possible. Wait a couple of quarters and it will be sub1000psf.

viz a viz Guest

seems like lots of HDB upgraders in this condo.. not v posh. every weekend the whole clan comes for bbq... v different from the condos further down the road which have more expats.

Haunted Guest

seems like lots of HDB upgraders in this condo.. not v posh. every weekend the whole clan comes for bbq... v different from the condos further down the road which have more expats.
    Thought this place is haunted. A maid was murdered here sometime back!

Unregistered3 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Haunted
    Thought this place is haunted. A maid was murdered here sometime back!
    On the 3rd floor...

Unregistered222 Guest

U suffer from colonial syndrom issit? Ang moh go BBQ is posh. Locals go BBQ is not posh?

Viz kid Guest

Whatever you say at 600-700psf it would be a steal. Just a few months away.

Unregistered2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Viz kid
    Whatever you say at 600-700psf it would be a steal. Just a few months away.
    wishful thinking

viz kid Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered2
    wishful thinking
    900 psf already being quoted if you take a decision then and there. still they make money since they booked at 700psf.

viz a viz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered222
    U suffer from colonial syndrom issit? Ang moh go BBQ is posh. Locals go BBQ is not posh?
    depends on how you see it. Good rental yields don't come from locals but expats. Why do you think most of prime dist 10 rentals are from expats?

i'm guessing most investors who bought are now desperate to rent that they can't afford to be choosy.

but it brings down the image of the place, esp for a dist 10 condo.

viz a viz Guest

Quote Originally Posted by viz kid
    900 psf already being quoted if you take a decision then and there. still they make money since they booked at 700psf.
    i think pple are doing the waiting game. every day i see agents bringing potential clients but still the place is 80% empty.

so issit colonial syndrom if i notice that the chio agents always seem to bring the ang mohs to viz?

123 Guest

Sonia Kolesnikov-Jessop

After two years of exuberance, activity in the private housing market in Singapore has slowed to a near standstill. The number of new property sales, measured on a monthly basis, contracted 64.9 percent in April, as buyers became more cautious and took a wait-and-see attitude. As a result, several well-publicized launches have been put on the backburner for an indefinite period and some developers have started to drop asking prices, for example at The Lakeshore in Jurong West and Blu Coral in Telok Kurau.

An air of doom and gloom has settled over Singapore’s residential property market and vultures are circling, proclaiming the Singapore residential property market is about to collapse by 30-40 percent, but are they interpreting the facts correctly? Not all experts agree, with some calling the current market downturn more of a short-term blip rather than the beginning of a market collapse.

“The slowing of the property market is a natural development after prices skyrocketed on the back of very strong demand,” says Sherman Chan, an economist at Moody’s Economy.com, “but a 30-40 percent collapse is highly unlikely. The construction sector is an important growth driver for Singapore and I don’t think the government would let it collapse as there would be wider ramifications. Let’s not forget that the government imposed some measures last year to cool down the market and these measures could very well be lifted if need be.”

In recent weeks, several bearish reports have forecast a dramatic plunge in home values over the next two years. Barclays Capital believes private home prices could slide 28-30 percent by 2010, while Credit Suisse predicted a price decline of 30 percent in 2008-2009.

The bears are pointing to several factors suggesting the writing is on the wall. The stock of unsold condominiums (as measured by projects that have been issued a sales license) rose to 10,861 units in the first quarter of this year, 34 percent higher than the quarterly average in 2007 and back up to levels not seen since June 2005. Net CPF withdrawals for private property have turned negative for the first time, reflecting the decline in transaction as well as profit taking by local buyers who own more than one property. “This has never happened before, not even during the 1998 Asian Financial Crisis,” notes Barclay Capital economist Waiho Leong. And vacancy rates in non-landed property developments have also risen in recent months toward 6.3 percent, compared with 5.6 percent in the last quarter of 2007. Credit Suisse, in its recent report, argues that this will rise further to 9.8-19 percent, on a base and worst case scenario. This could in turn trigger a sharp fall in rentals further weakening the market. “The last time vacancies shot up from 5.8 percent to 9.7 percent, rentals fell by 41percent,” Credit Suisse Tricia Song wrote referring to the year 1996.

Casting long shadows on the markets are the estimated 66,000 home units expected to be completed between 2009-2012, as well as the possible unwinding of speculative purchases. Unless many of the developments that are currently in the pipeline are postponed, a cumulative surplus could provide a glut that will be felt most acutely in 2010, Leong warned.

The bears also argue that given the current thin sales environment, the small price growth recorded by the URA indices do not reflect sentiment and can easily be biased by a few high-end sales. A better gauge of sentiment is land prices and developers’ waning appetite for recent URA auctions, they say. In May, a 99-year residential leasehold site in Choa Chu Kang Drive attracted a top bid of only $203 per square foot per plot ratio, well below the $230-$270 psf ppr range the market had expected.

But not everybody agrees. “I think bad interpretation of data is causing the string of bad news,” says Ku Swee Yong, Director, Savills Residential Private Limited.

Ku points out that the supply figures touted by some analysts bundle together planned, under construction and complete unit numbers. “The reality is that any apartments expected to complete in 2010 but still not under construction today, is unlikely to be completed on time given that the average construction period for a 20 storey apartment block takes 24 months from foundation works till handover” Ku remarks.

“The construction sector is tight on resources today and unless there are policy changes given to encourage faster pace of construction, the ‘oversupply scenario’ is not a realistic one,” he adds.

Tay Huey Ying, Director for Research and Consultancy at Colliers, agrees, pointing out that although the supply pipeline appears a “bit on the high side,” once delays and abandonment of project developments are taken into account, “the new supply will be much lower than expected.”

Leonard Tay, director, CBRE Research also points out that many of the units will be taken out by either en-bloc sellers who need to relocate, or new expatriates moving here. “There is a lack of activity in the market, but property prices have been holding. I believe there are still a lot of buyers in the market with ready cash; they’re just waiting for what’s next,” Tay says, forecasting that the luxury end of the market may “dip just a bit” this year, but prices should hold for now.

As for the units bought under the deferred payment scheme that some say will be “dumped” in the market as the construction is completed, Ku says their number is probably limited to around 2,900, 10 percent of the 29,000 units that URA has given approval for sale under Deferment Payment Scheme. “Not that much to worry about,” he says.

Many property consultants are pointing to the long-term prospects for the Singapore property market supported by the positive vibe stemming from the Integrated Resorts and events such as the F1 race and the 2010 Youth Olympics.

“I think the Singapore property market is still pretty strong. We could see a mild correction, but I don’t see that as a concern because the government is still trying to attract expatriates to work here and they will contribute to demand for properties,” Chan says.

Tay also points out that given the anticipated continuing influx of foreigners, the 15-year historical average number of 7,000 new units needed a year is likely to increase to 8,000 to even 10,000 units.

“So I don’t foresee an oversupply situation as yet. I don’t think the sky is about to fall in,” she says.

456 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 123

Many property consultants are pointing to the long-term prospects for the Singapore property market supported by the positive vibe stemming from the Integrated Resorts and events such as the F1 race and the 2010 Youth Olympics.

“I think the Singapore property market is still pretty strong. We could see a mild correction, but I don’t see that as a concern because the government is still trying to attract expatriates to work here and they will contribute to demand for properties,” Chan says.
    of cuz they would say that.. they are trying to correct public belief that the market is in free fall. if they dun they will be out of a job and will need to switch to a real job!

Unreg¡stered Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 123
    Sonia Kolesnikov-Jessop

“I think bad interpretation of data is causing the string of bad news,” says Ku Swee Yong, Director, Savills Residential Private Limited.

Ku points out that the supply figures touted by some analysts bundle together planned, under construction and complete unit numbers. “The reality is that any apartments expected to complete in 2010 but still not under construction today, is unlikely to be completed on time given that the average construction period for a 20 storey apartment block takes 24 months from foundation works till handover” Ku remarks.

“The construction sector is tight on resources today and unless there are policy changes given to encourage faster pace of construction, the ‘oversupply scenario’ is not a realistic one,” he adds.

Tay Huey Ying, Director for Research and Consultancy at Colliers, agrees, pointing out that although the supply pipeline appears a “bit on the high side,” once delays and abandonment of project developments are taken into account, “the new supply will be much lower than expected.”

Leonard Tay, director, CBRE Research also points out that many of the units will be taken out by either en-bloc sellers who need to relocate, or new expatriates moving here. “There is a lack of activity in the market, but property prices have been holding. I believe there are still a lot of buyers in the market with ready cash; they’re just waiting for what’s next,” Tay says, forecasting that the luxury end of the market may “dip just a bit” this year, but prices should hold for now.

As for the units bought under the deferred payment scheme that some say will be “dumped” in the market as the construction is completed, Ku says their number is probably limited to around 2,900, 10% of the 29,000 units that URA has given approval for sale under Deferment Payment Scheme. “Not that much to worry about,” he says.

Tay also points out that given the anticipated continuing influx of foreigners, the 15-year historical average number of 7,000 new units needed a year is likely to increase to 8,000 to even 10,000 units.

So I don’t foresee an oversupply situation as yet. I don’t think the sky is about to fall in,” she says.
    Is there a need to post this piece of news everywhere?

viz kid Guest

Dow Will Sink Below 10,000: Strategist
    By CNBC.com | 02 Jul 2008 | 10:22 AM ET

Investors should ignore recent signs of strength and face up to the fact that we will face a prolonged bear market, John Carter, president of Trade The Markets, told CNBC Wednesday.

"Longer term we’re looking at a market that is a bear market," Carter told "Squawk Box Europe."

While we can expect a rally over the next three to five weeks, this is a downward spiral that is not going away any time soon, he said.

"A trend is a trend until it ends, and we’re actually looking for the Dow to take out 10,000 by the end of the year," he added.

There are too few sectors holding the markets up, and too many dragging it down, to consider getting back into non-recession-proof sectors, according to Carter.

"A large percentage [of sectors], like financials, are getting hammered. A lot of the darlings of the past are going to get taken out back and get shot," he said.

Hugh Hendry, partner at Eclectica, also sees few signs that the outlook is picking up for the US economy.

"I think we have to recognize the recessionary forces that are bringing to bear," Hendry told CNBC. "Don't fight that, just go with the flow of the relative momentum."

Hendry said the outlook is particularly bleak for financial and technology stocks -- the two largest components of the S&P 500 -- which he said have both seen a bubble.

"When a sector becomes infected by a bubble…what history reveals is it takes 25 years to regain the highs that we saw in real terms," he said.

When it comes to fighting a U.S. downturn, now is the time to relocate assets into gold and oil, preferably through an ETF tied to the direct price of the commodity, Carter said.

He also said investors should be looking to buy into over-achievers.

"The nice thing is when you get a really down market like this the stars shine out … and when the overall market turns around, that's where you’re going to put your money," Carter said.

“I would much rather buy stocks that are near their highs in an environment like this than try to bottom-fish."

Hendry took the view that in a sustained market downturn, successful investing requires looking for more unconventional assets such as agriculture that have the potential to outperform the market.

"I think the most important thing to know is you don’t have to short this market," Hendry said.

"If you want to stay involved the most important thing is make sure the stock you own is trending higher vis-à-vis the marketplace."

st michael Guest

hahaha, new launch at St michael Rd from 600psf, 999yr leasehold. Dakoda buyers are fxxking screwed now!!!!!!!!!!!

Kovan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by st michael
    hahaha, new launch at St michael Rd from 600psf, 999yr leasehold. Dakoda buyers are fxxking screwed now!!!!!!!!!!!
    Haha.... look at the other thread, new launch at Kovan this weekend, 500+ units, 99-year, minimum $900psf, makes Dakota Residences a steal!