Thread: Why so quiet? Farrer Court how?

Default Why so quiet? Farrer Court how?

Whats happening at one of the biggest enbloc site of them all?

Default Re: Why so quiet? Farrer Court how?

The developers are again and .Miscalculated.Pay high and built at high cost.

Default Re: Why so quiet? Farrer Court how?

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Blair
    The developers are again and .Miscalculated.Pay high and built at high cost.
    But can the former owners find replacement of similar size, quality and location?

Dee Tan Guest

Why cannot? Resale HDB opposite the road just like their own same quality ex-HUDC Farrer Court confirm less than $2mil.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Tan
    Why cannot? Resale HDB opposite the road just like their own same quality ex-HUDC Farrer Court confirm less than $2mil.
    What I mean is from private property to private property. HDB is not condo. It does not have its own garden and other facilities. It is downgrading.

Quote Originally Posted by gloworm2
    What I mean is from private property to private property. HDB is not condo. It does not have its own garden and other facilities. It is downgrading.
    A lot of people view living in HDB no class. To these snobs, I would say it beats living in a high class private property but struggling to pay the loans yr whole life!

Living in HDB with no financial burden is pure bliss!

Quote Originally Posted by house rat
    A lot of people view living in HDB no class. To these snobs, I would say it beats living in a high class private property but struggling to pay the loans yr whole life!

Living in HDB with no financial burden is pure bliss!
    Very true. I have nothing against HDB owners.
    But here we are discussing cost of HDB and cost of HUDC and their respective market prices. When HUDC is privatised, it is private. When I first querried whether the former Farrer Court owner could find a replacement in a private property of the same size, same location and same quality, I do not expect a HDB replacement. If any one wants to keep the proceeds and buy a cheaper HDB flat, and tell me that you can, then very well. But then, it is not a fair answer to my question.

My fren'd fren staying in farrer court now looking for nearby apt to buy urgently, So it means..........

Fred Guest

Lightbulb money collected alledy

Hello, money collected in March alledy. Think it's 95 percent. I know cos I heard an acquaintance has moved out a month ago. These are the most fortunate enblockers in the history of S'pore, considering it's 99 yrs leasehold and cost half a billion to top up to 99 yrs.
    Is it true the buyer is banging heads?
    Horizon Towers , Gilman Hts etc ,owners must be banging heads and balls.
    Makes me wonder what's happened to the HT and GH cases. There's a deadly silence there. Anybody knows what's happening?

Fred

Don't know what is the breakeven price for the developer and the possible selling price. Now market so bad maybe can get good deal!

lookingforprop Guest

Hi Gloworm2,

One place that can considered is Sommerville Park, opposite Farrer Court.

Quality and location will beat FC, in my view. Furthermore, it's freehold.

As for size, well, must compromise a bit...just a bit...for the freehold status,at least.

What do you think?

Dee Tan Guest

I think most ex-FC owners taste not so high. If taste so high, then they wun been living in the ex-HUDC FC already. I think most ex--FCers will go stay in HDBs next door for $500k cheap cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Tan
    I think most ex-FC owners taste not so high. If taste so high, then they wun been living in the ex-HUDC FC already. I think most ex--FCers will go stay in HDBs next door for $500k cheap cheap.
    Cheap cheap is not to be equated to 'cheapskate'!