Thread: Water Place (D15, 99 years Leasehold, Far East Organization)

mr funny is offline Any complaints please PM me

Default Water Place (D15, 99 years Leasehold, Far East Organization)

http://www.straitstimes.com/ST%2BFor...ry_241658.html

May 28, 2008

Annoyed over water pump noise

I BOUGHT a ground floor patio unit at Water Place condo in Tanjong Rhu Road last year. At the time of purchase, we were not told about noise that comes from the water pump located just below our master bedroom.

This pump, which supplies water to the condominium, comes on at any time, depending on the water levels, and causes annoyance to the people living in the apartment.

We have been complaining since we discovered the gushing sound of the water whenever the pump comes on. This can happen at any time of the day and even late in the night, disrupting sleep.

This structural problem wasn't told to us when we bought the unit. I have been suffering from this for eight months. I have reported the matter to the developer and other relevant authorities, to no avail.

I am disheartened because the apartment is not the dream condo I was given to understand during the sale and the developer and related authorities are not serious about solving the problem.

Arun Kumar Sharma

Unregistered2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mr funny
    http://www.straitstimes.com/ST%2BFor...ry_241658.html

May 28, 2008

Annoyed over water pump noise

I BOUGHT a ground floor patio unit at Water Place condo in Tanjong Rhu Road last year. At the time of purchase, we were not told about noise that comes from the water pump located just below our master bedroom.

This pump, which supplies water to the condominium, comes on at any time, depending on the water levels, and causes annoyance to the people living in the apartment.

We have been complaining since we discovered the gushing sound of the water whenever the pump comes on. This can happen at any time of the day and even late in the night, disrupting sleep.

This structural problem wasn't told to us when we bought the unit. I have been suffering from this for eight months. I have reported the matter to the developer and other relevant authorities, to no avail.

I am disheartened because the apartment is not the dream condo I was given to understand during the sale and the developer and related authorities are not serious about solving the problem.

Arun Kumar Sharma
    hmmm ... that is weird .. when we were looking for a place at water place, i do remember the Far East agent informing me about the noise from the pump for the ground floor unit (think it is Tower A3). in fact, he told me not to go for it and showed us other units instead.

Unregistered 34 Guest

Maybe you were the agent..

Unregistered2 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered 34
    Maybe you were the agent..
    I wish I was then I would have bought more units there at a better price

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Going-7-year-old Water Place is now $1,239 psf?

Water Place
    Address ................................ psf ............... Area ........... Price ............ Contract Date
    177 Tanjong Rhu Road #09-23 .... $1,239 psf .... 1,453 sqft .... $1,800,000 .... 15 Jan 10

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Wow!
    Nearby going-13-year-old Pebble Bay is one up at $1,389 psf now!

Pebble Bay
    Address ................................ psf ............... Area ........... Price ............ Contract Date
    136 Tanjong Rhu Road #06-05 .... $1,389 psf .... 2,099 sqft .... $2,915,000 .... 15 Jan 10

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Wow!
    Nearby going-13-year-old Pebble Bay is one up at $1,389 psf now!

Pebble Bay
    136 Tanjong Rhu Road #06-05 .... $1,389 psf .... 2,099 sqft .... $2,915,000 .... 15 Jan 10
    Is that expensive or cheap?

Quote Originally Posted by gwlip
    Is that expensive or cheap?
    about 10% premium from Costa Rhu rates - pretty standard benchmark for PB. TJ Rhu is a great area, particularly for families. Fantastic quality of living. And it's only going to get better for connectivity.

But the condos there are older, LH, and rates are prone to violent swings in market.