Thread: Trip to Bandung

Default Trip to Bandung

Finally arrived in Singapore after taking the trip to Bandung to compare prices of proper ty there. It seems like foreigners are now allowed to invest in Bandung, Indonesia. Prices are also so much cheaper than those in Singapore. Quite interesting and very tempting indeed.

If you have not watch 《下南洋》it will be good to watch it then decide whether is it good to buy there and be prepare for the worst.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_19...s_of_Indonesia

The May 1998 Riots of Indonesia (Indonesian: Kerusuhan Mei 1998),[1] also known simply as The 1998 Tragedy (Indonesian: Peristiwa 1998), were incidents of mass violence of a racial nature that occurred throughout Indonesia, mainly in Medan in the province of North Sumatra (4–8 May), the capital city of Jakarta (12–15 May), and Surakarta (also called Solo) in the province of Central Java (13–15 May). The riots were triggered by economic problems including food shortages and mass unemployment, and eventually led to the resignation of President Suharto and the fall of the New Order government. The main targets of the violence were ethnic Chinese, however, most of the people who died in the riots were the Javanese Indonesian looters who targeted the Chinese shops, not the Chinese themselves, since the looters were burnt to death in a massive fire.[2][3][4][5][6][7]
    It was estimated that more than a thousand people died in the riots. At least 168 cases of rape were reported, and material damage was valued at more than Rp 3.1 trillion. As of 2010, legal proceedings regarding the riots have yet to be completed.[8]

Default Less than 20 years ago and people start to forget.

I kind like bandung too. Although I visit SG more often than I visit bandung. I am not sure if foreigner can buy landed. For foreigner there is always political and currency risk. But if you want to invest in bandung, better buy in Jkt. Its like if u like JB better buy SG and rent JB. Buying at the most liquid market is a better strategy.

I prefer chiang mai or bangkok or ho chi minh.