Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JLB residences-999leasehold

paperplate Guest

Default JLB residences-999leasehold

Hi everyone, I just bought a subsale unit at JLB..I certainly like that area and surrounding and hoping for a good long term stay over there.

Hope it can TOP within 3 months!

Rayaw Guest

Thumbs down Re: JLB residences-999leasehold

grest for you. Near beach, sunshine.

But you might e buying it at a high price. FH unit there is only selling at 5XX per sqft.

I believe you bought at 7xx per sqft. don't you think it is over price.

If not, why it is so?

Unregˇstered Guest

Default Re: JLB residences-999leasehold

Quote Originally Posted by Rayaw
    grest for you. Near beach, sunshine.

But you might e buying it at a high price. FH unit there is only selling at 5XX per sqft.

I believe you bought at 7xx per sqft. don't you think it is over price.

If not, why it is so?
    JLB area got freehold meh? How come I dunno?

paperplate Guest

Along Jalan Loyang Besar, comprises only 99 or 999leasehold.

Hi,

I am not sure which project u r refering to as in FH 5XXpsf...

I did my research on the neighbouring prices...and of course I compare Apple to Apple.

As JLB is a brand new project..gona TOP in 2-3mths time, I naturally have to compare the prices to new projects like coastal view residences, bluwater1 & 2 ( All of them is 999leasehold).

I seen a 2bedrm unit at bluwater..asking only around 700psf..but dont like the facing as it has direct noon sun at the living room and blocked view from all corners(no wind).

Den i begin to analyse the location...JLB and coastal view residences are nearer to downtown east by approximately 400-500m(where u can find NTUC fairPrice, food etc) and most imptly, the bus no. 354 tat leads u to pasir ris MRT. It takes about 7min(normal pace) to 10min(stroll) walk from JLB to downtown east which I personally feels that its within my comfortable zone. Whereas, bluwater1 &2 easily took 12min for normal walk.

Furthermore, only JLB and coastal view got direct access(1-2min walk) to the beach(that is the primary reason why i wanted to buy that location) whearas Bluwaters 1&2 takes easily about 5mins walk(have to cut through loyang plc)

SO, I decide to compare JLB prices with coastal view residences as both have similar locality, number of units, facilities and land size. Coastal view has sold between 730 to 900psf..so on average works out to be 800psf and only be completed by End 2009...Imagine you were to wait for coastal view to TOP, u would expect the subsale price to be from 900psf upwards(provided the property market holds)

FYI, the unit i bot has 100% no noon sun and has unblocked and greenary view(means windy) and direct full length poolview. Oh ya, JLB has a gd size of 30m length lap pool!

After much consideration, I feel that 7XXpsf is not overprice in the current market.

I personally feel that the area has good potential as there are not much supply as the land over there is pretty limited..So, the only way for developers to build new apts is via enbloc(which means prices over there are set to go up in the long run). Unlike other areas in pasir ris whereby u can notice actually there is abandon of land avail for URA site sale.

It may not be the best choice for investment(compared to D15 around parkway parade with so many projects launching at above $1400psf upwards), but it is definitely an excellent choice for self stay to enjoy the sunshine, beach, breeze, fresh air. Moreover, the price is still within my reach!!!

I buy there simply for the kind of lifestyle i pursue!!!

Recently one penthouse was transacted at $850psf! (Of coz that unit have a pretty good seaview) Heard from the agt that the buyer is an Ang Mor who demanded his unit to have seaview!

Having said that, there are about 30-40% owners and tenants staying there who are Ang Mor. (guess they love the sunshine and water more den any locals do...hehe)

Hope it is useful to all of u who intend to make a purchase over there.

rayaw Guest

You should bought coastal view instead.

Comparing the total land area, coastal view is better.

Also, looking at the layout, coastal view is better.

The view at coastal view is much much better than JLB residences-999leasehold.

Understand unsold unit is selling at 680 psf

paperplate Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rayaw
    You should bought coastal view instead.

Comparing the total land area, coastal view is better.

Also, looking at the layout, coastal view is better.

The view at coastal view is much much better than JLB residences-999leasehold.

Understand unsold unit is selling at 680 psf
    I thought land size for both projects about the same? I do not have the actual data though...correct me if u have the exact land size in numbers..tks

I agree layout for most units in coastal view is better, but I am actually looking for 2 or 2+study...cannot afford to pay for a 3 bedder. In fact, I am one of the early birds to visit the coastal view showflat last year...I find the 2 bedroom abit too small to my liking(850sqft) and realise they do not have windows in the kitchen area. Moreover, they are selling 2bedders at around $850psf(which I think is abit on the high side). Unfortunately, I am also being priced out of the 3bedroom units.

Coastal view has one good advantage over JLB as it have front and back entrance and exit. The back gate is very useful and it would be much easier to drive to PIE/TPE via pasir ris drive 3 once the new route is completed.

I thought both projects offers similar view? It may depends on which unit and beauty(view) lies in the eyes of the beholder...

Lastly, I was told by the marketing agent that coastal view is already fully sold out? Last few units are sold at around 730 to 750psf. Again, correct me if I am wrong.

FYI, Bluwaters 2 still have a few 2th floor units avail. 3 bedroom and 2+study units avail at around $720psf. Bluwaters 2 is condo status(biggest land size in that area) and I feel that the quality of furnishing is the best among the new projects so far. I nearly took the 2+study unit...

By the way, r u one of the owner's for coastal view residences?

rayaw Guest

Default land size

I understnd the land size iof coastal view is 23158
    Plot ratio 1.4

I understnd the land size iof JLB is 15783
    Plot ratio 1.4

Coastal View.

The good part is that on the left of the condo is line of newly build terrace houses and furher up is trees and there will be no development for next 10 years.

However, on the right, the terrace house that lies between it and JLB Residences, there is a row of terrance house that are quite old and will be rebuild in 5 years time.

That is exactly facing hte swimming pool of JLB residences.

Imagine that the new building is as high as JLB residences, those facing the pools will not have any more view.

On the right of the JLB is a church and it will remian.

People living at that corner will have unblock view for another 10 years.

Also JLB have only one entrance and it take longer distance to drive out as compare to Coastal.

If you study the floor plan well, the ground floor ceiling of JLB is much lower than coastal view.

It means that the 1st floor unit of CV is at the same height level as the roof of the terrace houses where for first floor of JB see the wall of terrance, it is blocked by the terrace house. You can go there to view as JLB is almost done. (note: ground floor ceiling is abt 1.2 unit high)

Hope that you unit is on 3rd, 4th or 5th floor. Else other than the swiming pool view, you can not really see far.

The answer to you question is yes, I boubht a unit there without the afternoon sun and at 4th floor (around normal 6th floor condo as the the ground floor ceiling is abt 2 unit high

Please restudy your brouche if you have one.

paperplate Guest

Yo,

Tks for the info. By the way, where did u get the info on the landsize and plot ratio? Is it from URA website? I also guess CV is bigger becoz they have 4 more units and mainly comprises of bigger units so naturally their landsize should be bigger.

I am not sure about the ground ceiling ht u r toking about. I was told that the ground height is about 5 to 5.5m for JLB. By the way, was it indicated on the brochure? The old linked terrace house sandwiched in between CV and JLB may or may not get enbloc in the next bull run as it maybe unattractive for developers to build another apt in between 2 existing apts. The owners there told me that rejected 2 enbloc offers from both CV and JLB developers as price offered was too low. Anyway, I hope it may not get enbloc soon as construction noise will be terrible.

However, having said that, Bluwaters 2 is also being sandwiched in between 2 apts and maybe they r selling quite well due to the fact that their land width is double so most units will have a larger phyiscal distance from the neighbouring apts. Maybe it is better for us not to speculate on enbloc stuff as I get to know certain projects less den 10yrs got enbloc and some still there after 50yrs++. I noticed a single bunglow sitting next to sandy palms. I think that site is going to be very attractive if it get enbloc.

I guess u got the 2bedrm unit at CV? Prices range from 800-850psf for 2 bedders..It is good that u got the 4th floor as it should clear the view of the 2.5 storey terrace house and may not even see their roof top. Congrats for ur purchase.

I certainly agree with you that CV have a big advantage of having front and back access which I think the only project to have that in the vicinity.

I bot JLB for various reasons...cheaper for me to get subsale units compared to coastal view as of now...The 2+study layout suits me...i can move in soon so I may not have to pay any progressive interest towards the bank loan as sub purchaser will be on progressive payment. However, I took the risk to buy now rather than after it TOP as this is the only stack i wanted. FYI, the most premium penthouse #05-08 for JLB which I loved to have, is selling at 1kpsf!! Sounds crazy at this price especially during this lull period but well, it might get sold after it TOP as this unit will have very nice direct seaview that comes with a very nice layout too..Check it out man!

During CV launch, 2 bedder is not suitable for me as I need 2+study/3bedroom and unfortunately, the 3bedders with gd facing(front stack facing the sea) are out of my budget(If i remember correctly, they are selling at close to 900psf for the 4th flr 3bedder facing the sea) It is also confirmed by the marketing agt 'Esther Realty' that it is fully sold out. Congrats.

Hope all CV owners will sell their units at above 950psf when it TOP and that will give a very good support against my purchase price..hehe. Hope it make some sense.

By the way, do u know when CV developer gona start their work? I am hoping to move into JLB only after CV has completed their piling and foundation work. CV suppose to TOP in Dec 09 and I am very surprised that they havent begin their work...So confident to finish in 1.5yrs?

FYI, a new boutique project 'Riz Haven' next to Bluwater1 is going to launch pretty soon. Their marketing agt has indicated me to expect the prices from 800psf-900psf for single storey units.

I also notice another showflat under construction tucked at the corner beside existing Bluwater2 showflat. I wonder what is their type of development and where about is their actual site.

In addition, URA Masterplan has revealed that more land at Jalan loyang besar will be released for residential purposes. My guess will be those land surroundings the new pasir ris drive 4 which is currently under construction. Anyone would like to shed any comments about this new residential thingy? Will it be a HDB or pte residential site? Any effects on our property prices?

Rayaw Guest

Riz Haven.

See the following site. By Eastern Holding. Same developer for Coastal View.

http://www.epl.com.sg/property/rishaven.html
    Eastern Holdings secures first enbloc project for S$12.5 million

Here is the extract on Coastal View
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    999 year leasehold site in Pasir Ris to be redeveloped into a 5-storey low rise apartment block

Target consumers with desire for quality life at affordable prices
    Singapore, 2 August 2007 – Fresh from its Holland District acquisitions, Eastern Holdings Limited, (“Eastern” or the “Group”), an emerging boutique property developer with a growing portfolio of residential, commercial and industrial properties, looks east to Pasir Ris with its first enbloc acquisition, Loyang Terrace for S$12.5 million.

Located along Jalan Loyang Besar, Loyang Terrace has a 999-year leasehold tenure with a land size of approximately 23,158 sq ft. At a purchase price of S$12.5 million, the property was acquired at a value of S$540 psf. Eastern intends to develop a 5-storey low rise apartment block with at least 25 apartments. The total permissible gross floor area is about 32,421 sq ft.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

New construction beside Blue Water2, it is Aston Residences

Need to go.

Talk to you later

Rayaw Guest

See the land sold by HDB

http://www.ura.gov.sg/pr/graphics/pr97-56a10.jpg

for the land to build in Pasir Ris.

You mention that URA claim more apt in Jalan Loyang besar.

Where is the exact site.

The new road will be ready in mid 2009

paperplate Guest

I know the actual site between edgewater and bluwaters2 is aston..

What I actually meant is the showflat under construction which is tucked at the othercorner of the open carpark facing jalan loyang besar road....I asked esther realty agt..they seems oblivious...
    Last edited by paperplate; 31-05-08 at 12:26.

Default Riz Haven

Re sidential / Upcoming Projects

Riz Haven 5-storey apartment on the fringes
    of Pasir Ris Park and beach

This new dwelling place, comprising of 33 units of penthouses, 3 and 2 bedroom, and studio apartments, is a haven for those seeking peace, rejuvenation, and relaxation
    Its locale is also a playground for thrill-seekers and adventurers, as well as attractions for fun and joy for the family. Riz Haven is set in an area for one to enjoy lush greenery, find solace from the hustle and bustle of city living

leech Guest

I understnd the land size iof coastal view is 23158
    Plot ratio 1.4

I understnd the land size iof JLB is 15783
    Plot ratio 1.4

Coastal View.

The good part is that on the left of the condo is line of newly build terrace houses and furher up is trees and there will be no development for next 10 years.

However, on the right, the terrace house that lies between it and JLB Residences, there is a row of terrance house that are quite old and will be rebuild in 5 years time.

That is exactly facing hte swimming pool of JLB residences.

Imagine that the new building is as high as JLB residences, those facing the pools will not have any more view.

On the right of the JLB is a church and it will remian.

People living at that corner will have unblock view for another 10 years.

Also JLB have only one entrance and it take longer distance to drive out as compare to Coastal.

If you study the floor plan well, the ground floor ceiling of JLB is much lower than coastal view.

It means that the 1st floor unit of CV is at the same height level as the roof of the terrace houses where for first floor of JB see the wall of terrance, it is blocked by the terrace house. You can go there to view as JLB is almost done. (note: ground floor ceiling is abt 1.2 unit high)

Hope that you unit is on 3rd, 4th or 5th floor. Else other than the swiming pool view, you can not really see far.

The answer to you question is yes, I boubht a unit there without the afternoon sun and at 4th floor (around normal 6th floor condo as the the ground floor ceiling is abt 2 unit high

Please restudy your brouche if you have one.

Can i ask if the room size for CV is good enough for a super single bed cos I am eyeing the penthouse there but did not view the showflat

dfdf Guest

Its locale is also a playground for thrill-seekers and adventurers, as well as attractions for fun and joy for the family. Riz Haven is set in an area for one to enjoy lush greenery, find solace from the hustle and bustle of [FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ffffff]
    rayaw. what is the monthly maintenance and sinking fund contribution. ta.

Default Reply to all

Please go to the post on Coastal view for all answers

Default To dfdf

Ris Haven Answers at RIs Haven Post

abc Guest

Talking

Hello hello, understand that JLB already TOP. Good for them!

Unregistered111 Guest

Hi,

Any owners of JLB here? Any neighbours? Not many seems to be selling, but not many seems to be moving in too..strange

How do u feel about the finishing..I think i am quite disappointed. It is dusty and the finishing is so-so..the timber skirting got lots of gaps in between. Other den that, no major problem so far. Hopefully, no leaking in future.

I had collected the keys and going to do my renovation..no hurry to move in though..mabe wait till the piling completes over at coastal view..

One unit has moved in...but i seriously do not feel comfortable with them placing their altar in the balcony..Thats the first time i ever seen ppl does that...the condo mgr cant do anything too..Next time i gona hang my underwear facing their altar..lol

AJL Guest

Default Floorplan

Anyone here has flrplan of JLB? Am interested in 2-rm/2+1

Default floor plan

see attached

I am quite surprised that properties located in such a distance location can fetch such a high prices. Personally, I think the location is way too far in. Not to mention the small road and the traffic congestion leading into the estate every now and then.

I probably can appreciate this place more when I retire and don't need to go to CBD to work everyday. But not now and not at this price...

I guess you can call it an average man's Sentosa Cove.

Unregistered1212 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by iridrium
    I am quite surprised that properties located in such a distance location can fetch such a high prices. Personally, I think the location is way too far in. Not to mention the small road and the traffic congestion leading into the estate every now and then.

I probably can appreciate this place more when I retire and don't need to go to CBD to work everyday. But not now and not at this price...

U definitely need to have a car for such places..Its like staying in landed estate whereby transportation is always a problem..

By the way, how much would u expect the price to be in current market?

Is there any FH or 999LH new or jus TOP properties in any part of SG that is below 700psf?

I tink totally cannot compare this place with sentosa..Sentosa apts are directly facing the sea. However, they have similarities such as public transportation problem.

I would tink this kind of place is meant for those working in the east or buy it as a 2nd holiday home.

shudder at the thought Guest

Wrong!

Sentosa Cove is a private gated community. And it has golf courses, bungalows and a casino all within reach. Endless southern sea views. No hoi polloi crowd coming to bother you or to spoil your privacy, which you paid for, by the way.

Loyang has what? Bangla workers from the factories all walking around? Fish farms? Johor Bahru? NTUC chalets? Downtown East? Yucks!

You may call it the Singkie's Johor Bahru.

Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered1212

Is there any FH or 999LH new or jus TOP properties in any part of SG that is below 700psf?

I tink totally cannot compare this place with sentosa..Sentosa apts are directly facing the sea. However, they have similarities such as public transportation problem.

I would tink this kind of place is meant for those working in the east or buy it as a 2nd holiday home.
    Yeah, I am quite sure there are still FH/999LH/Just TOP properties below 700psf.

But I do agree this kind of place is not for everyone. I will be very irritated at the BBQ smoke and ashes flying into my house everyday from the nearby chalets.

Unregistered555 Guest

Yeah, I am quite sure there are still FH/999LH/Just TOP properties below 700psf.

But I do agree this kind of place is not for everyone. I will be very irritated at the BBQ smoke and ashes flying into my house everyday from the nearby chalets.
    If u really go deep to search for a house..I do not think u can find any FH/999LH+New/Just TOP properties in SG now.

I can only name a new project Livia which is selling at 650psf now..however it is a 99LH. If within 5yrs from TOP, there are plenty of choices below 700psf.

Observing Guest

Jalan Loyang Besar is within the Pasir Ris Park and is part of Pasir Ris East. It is about a 1 km road lined up with many boutique condos, some very charming ones. 5 mins walk to beach, 10 mins walk to Downtown East and the new E!Hub, with cinema, shopping, bowling and so many eateries to choose from. 3 mins drive to MRT, 10 mins drive to Changi Airport and the new T3 shopping and eateries, 10 mins drive to East Coast and 5-10 mins drive to Tampines. It looks ulu or exclusive, yet almost everything is everywhere. Ideal for nature lovers, dog lovers, beach goers, family, retirees and those looking for affordable place in a place that is still developing to reach its potential. The going price, even during these current times, is about 730psf for the new condos. It will be a bargain to get anything here for 999 yr at 700 psf.

neewbie Guest

What are the projects below 700psf and FH/999LH? Can recommend?

Ya.. I think that whole stretch of pasir ris and JLB seems to be quite a good enclave for an idyllic lifestyle away from the concrete jungle.
    It is also safer since now they say we are not immune to tsunami.. and it seems tremors shake so much more violently nearer the east coast and sentosa cove area.. and somemore.. reclaimed land..

I think I will buy the east coast for investment... but i will live in pasir ris...

Think will go take a drive around the area and find those willing buyers.. The aston residence looks so enticing... but top only 2011... i want to move in this year or early next year.. ...

paperplate and the rest ,JLB has been TOP for some time...so how living near the beach... ? meet your expectation
    any feedbacks...

Quote Originally Posted by Observing
    Jalan Loyang Besar is within the Pasir Ris Park and is part of Pasir Ris East. It is about a 1 km road lined up with many boutique condos, some very charming ones. 5 mins walk to beach, 10 mins walk to Downtown East and the new E!Hub, with cinema, shopping, bowling and so many eateries to choose from. 3 mins drive to MRT, 10 mins drive to Changi Airport and the new T3 shopping and eateries, 10 mins drive to East Coast and 5-10 mins drive to Tampines. It looks ulu or exclusive, yet almost everything is everywhere. Ideal for nature lovers, dog lovers, beach goers, family, retirees and those looking for affordable place in a place that is still developing to reach its potential. The going price, even during these current times, is about 730psf for the new condos. It will be a bargain to get anything here for 999 yr at 700 psf.
    probably 20min drive to east coast from ECP...i guess