Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Vue 8 Residences

Quote Originally Posted by Rockstone View Post
    Yep, just receive email from lawyer that the bank has disbursed 10%.
    Hi...wow thats fast. which block is yours?

Quote Originally Posted by yl View Post
    Hi...wow thats fast. which block is yours?
    Blk 87....

thats good to hear...

who brought for own stay?

I believe most people who brought ocr condos are mainly own stay. This will be our retirement home when we retire in donki years time...a bit early for us to start now though....

Smile

I believe most people who brought ocr condos are mainly own stay. This will be our retirement home when we retire in donki years time...a bit early for us to start now though....
    Yup bought for own stay. My parents esp my father like the location as it is quiet.

Still having my hdb flat, as children schools around the area.
    Rent first, then when the time comes, sell away HDB and retire there, if still alive and kicking.

Curious why the sales for vue 8 is non existent in month of may. It's just next to an international school which is going to top next year.

Did VUE8 offering further discount for unsold units?

https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/gr...075455011.html

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacTan View Post
    Did VUE8 offering further discount for unsold units?

https://sg.finance.yahoo.com/news/gr...075455011.html
    U looking at 2 bedders or bigger?

Star buy for 3 n 4 bedders is approx $8xx..
    Considered discount?

U looking at 2 bedders or bigger?

Star buy for 3 n 4 bedders is approx $8xx..
    Considered discount?
    What i mean was maybe previously 800psf but now 700psf for the same unit???

What i mean was maybe previously 800psf but now 700psf for the same unit???
    No...but was stratum psf for 3 bedder ranges from 700psf onwards before it was a sell out?

No...but was stratum psf for 3 bedder ranges from 700psf onwards before it was a sell out?
    Have no idea what a 3bedder will cost for stratum.....
    But i don't think it was that cheap at $700psf.

Stratum 3-bedders: 850 - 920 psf thereabout.

Have no idea what a 3bedder will cost for stratum.....
    But i don't think it was that cheap at $700psf.
    Humm...no... vue 8 is cheaper..stratum more ex psf

But I guess I mistook your answer..

I thought u meant if vue 8 selling at 7xx psf then the units will move. If that's the case stratum is grossly overpriced.

Humm...no... vue 8 is cheaper..stratum more ex psf

But I guess I mistook your answer..

I thought u meant if vue 8 selling at 7xx psf then the units will move. If that's the case stratum is grossly overpriced.
    Not sure if Stratum was more expensive due to slightly closer to mrt station and better finishing?
    Some people was saying stratum have upper hand on finishing but i were not too sure as i never visit VUE8 till now.
    If comparative to cocopalm, my opinion was Stratum won by slight margin on finishing but of course loosing out on distance to mrt.....

Not sure if Stratum was more expensive due to slightly closer to mrt station and better finishing?
    Some people was saying stratum have upper hand on finishing but i were not too sure as i never visit VUE8 till now.
    If comparative to cocopalm, my opinion was Stratum won by slight margin on finishing but of course loosing out on distance to mrt.....
    I think the eval criterias are very different for individuals. You shd understand your priorities and understand your limitations. All condos have its uniqueness and selling points. Most importantly is that it can give you that kind of home feeling esp for home stay. For investment wise, go for CCR or OCR units instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Zile View Post
    Stratum 3-bedders: 850 - 920 psf thereabout.
    About 900k+ on average. If I can turn back the clock, I will look for freehold unit instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Strata View Post
    About 900k+ on average. If I can turn back the clock, I will look for freehold unit instead.
    Government made a calculated move.
    Transfer risk from developer to consumers.
    If they are so serious about reining in the property prices they would have imposed tdsr to cripple buyers ability to borrow right at the start of the property price hike.

They chose to impose additional stamp duties which have proven in the past never to work..N let the prices climb n then collect more n more money.

Lay man people like me always wonder why never cripple ability of people to borrow right at the start n let things like deferred payment etc furniture vouchers etc to go on.

Too bad for us we bore the blunt of the consequences.

Government let land hungry developers to bid aggressively..N then pass the risk tu the property developers who then pass to us.

Easy to say if expensive don't buy. If desperately need house would you rather buy an overpriced hdb resale or private property?

People criticised why buy private when you can buy hdb.

I would if our income didn't burst the cap. Ec also
    also.

Asking prices of the cov back then also so high..coupled with the need to redo the whole house due to age.

In the meantime the developers who managed to scrap through the Tdsr n the government happily laffing all the way to the bank.

frustrating to wait n after all these years..

If they insisted not calculated move..then the truth is that they suddenly realised they need to look at the root of the problem.

Really 🐦 🐦 🐦 🐦 Brain.
    Last edited by yl; 12-06-14 at 07:55.

Go for properties near MRT even if they are more expensive by $100k. COE correction n stabilisation are only temporary. You will get back your $100k many times by saving on a car/ extra car for your family.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix View Post
    Go for properties near MRT even if they are more expensive by $100k. COE correction n stabilisation are only temporary. You will get back your $100k many times by saving on a car/ extra car for your family.
    I agree too..But buy higher prices mean more loss when prices correct ... n near mrt prices is evermore ex with smaller livable place n take coco palms as an example..the lease only left 89 years..

People who brought at an average price of 9xx psf thought they snagged a great deal.

They have been shortchanged yet they dunno.

N to add...these years really made us lose faith in our government who pays million dollars to the scholars..who took years to take this housing issue.

Ask me if we happy since the price dropped?

Happy for the later batch of homeowners lor.

Investors? They bloody lucky to be able to enter the market by then lor.

People like us? Damn sway lor
    Last edited by yl; 12-06-14 at 08:07.

Ask to have faith in our government?

Faith what faith? We pay high taxes n high prices due to such misguided n mismanagement of the housing prices..

I agree too..But buy higher prices mean more loss when prices correct ... n near mrt prices is evermore ex with smaller livable place n take coco palms as an example..the lease only left 89 years..

People who brought at an average price of 9xx psf thought they snagged a great deal.

N to add...these years really made us lose faith in our government who pays million dollars to the scholars..who took years to take this housing issue.

Sometimes were thinking was it too impulsive to enter market too early and now rounds of cooling measurement causing the price to drop.
    You're right that when we need a home, we will need to buy it. Can't be forever renting a place that you can't call home.
    A bit regretted that i didn't enter the market before the ABSD and now entered the market before the TDSR that caused the price to drop

If buying housing without considering 2nd generation, 89 years actually should be more than enough. Looking at the location for cocopalm, it was very convenient for those who're not driving.

Hopefully gov will reduce further the sell of land in order to hold the price.
    2H2014, they just reduce about 500units which i felt was a bit too little.
    Let's have faith........

I think if anyone here has been following the government's messages over the last few years, its message has been rather consistent. The cooling measures put in place since 2009 till now have the same objective of discouraging people from entering the market especially people who need to leverage a lot.

On one hand, the government does not want to crash the market, hence the cooling measures earlier were more measured. On the other hand, there were forces in the market telling people to buy if not price can only get higher since most cooling measures only ended up with higher price.

Different people read the government's messages and interpret differently. Those who listened more to vested groups such as sale agents, developers, bankers etc ended up buying for fear of prices continuing to rise or will rise in the long term even though there could be short term fluctuation. Some chose not to enter the market despite prices continue to rise despite every cooling measures.

If you are the one who read the government's message wrongly or being mislead by agents to interpret that way, your faith with the government is not likely to materialize. If you belong to the group who read the government's message and understood its intentions and have not entered the market, you are likely to have faith in the government.

In the property market, there will always be winners and losers. It has nothing to do with having faith with the government. It all depend on the decision you have made. The government cannot openly say prices are too high or too low. However, this government has openly said prices are rising much faster than income and that is as good as telling us prices are too high for the country good. As a responsible government, it has a duty to bring prices down to sensible level.

When we talk about having faith in the government, it all depends on what decisions you have taken. Do not loose faith in the government if you happen to take a decision that was not consistent with the government's efforts to cool the property market. We should learn to take responsibility for the decision we made.

Fortunately, most people who entered the market at high prices are mostly high earners who can withstand price correction. The cooling measures have prevented a lot of people getting into debts they have no mean to service should prices crash. View in this way, we should all have faith in the government.

Sometimes were thinking was it too impulsive to enter market too early and now rounds of cooling measurement causing the price to drop.
    You're right that when we need a home, we will need to buy it. Can't be forever renting a place that you can't call home.
    A bit regretted that i didn't enter the market before the ABSD and now entered the market before the TDSR that caused the price to drop

If buying housing without considering 2nd generation, 89 years actually should be more than enough. Looking at the location for cocopalm, it was very convenient for those who're not driving.

Hopefully gov will reduce further the sell of land in order to hold the price.
    2H2014, they just reduce about 500units which i felt was a bit too little.
    Let's have faith........

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Woods View Post
    I think if anyone here has been following the government's messages over the last few years, its message has been rather consistent. The cooling measures put in place since 2009 till now have the same objective of discouraging people from entering the market especially people who need to leverage a lot.

On one hand, the government does not want to crash the market, hence the cooling measures earlier were more measured. On the other hand, there were forces in the market telling people to buy if not price can only get higher since most cooling measures only ended up with higher price.

Different people read the government's messages and interpret differently. Those who listened more to vested groups such as sale agents, developers, bankers etc ended up buying for fear of prices continuing to rise or will rise in the long term even though there could be short term fluctuation. Some chose not to enter the market despite prices continue to rise despite every cooling measures.

If you are the one who read the government's message wrongly or being mislead by agents to interpret that way, your faith with the government is not likely to materialize. If you belong to the group who read the government's message and understood its intentions and have not entered the market, you are likely to have faith in the government.

In the property market, there will always be winners and losers. It has nothing to do with having faith with the government. It all depend on the decision you have made. The government cannot openly say prices are too high or too low. However, this government has openly said prices are rising much faster than income and that is as good as telling us prices are too high for the country good. As a responsible government, it has a duty to bring prices down to sensible level.

When we talk about having faith in the government, it all depends on what decisions you have taken. Do not loose faith in the government if you happen to take a decision that was not consistent with the government's efforts to cool the property market. We should learn to take responsibility for the decision we made.

Fortunately, most people who entered the market at high prices are mostly high earners who can withstand price correction. The cooling measures have prevented a lot of people getting into debts they have no mean to service should prices crash. View in this way, we should all have faith in the government.
    Agreed with you. But we listerned n pushed back plans for over 3 years.

N if you ask did we regretted that we took heed n had faith?

Yes.

Coz if we had not we wouldn't be lamenting on our stupidity for listening n would have brought one 3 years ago.

N probably be sitting on big paper gains for thw last few years.

Now the question is why not tdsr at the start???

Back 3 yeaes ago?

N we are just working adults early 30s.

Waited from late 20s until now.

In other words the goverment would rather sacrifice us.

Just because of our income we exempt this n that.

Sitting on paper loss of 100 to 200k no joke.

N to illustrate..if we had brought a resale we would be looking at the same loss or even moew due to the reno costs n cov!

The price dropped over 80k for some hdb we are looking at.

N looking at how the sales are right now. ..u thinl the developer will care about the early buyers n not start dumping their units soon?
    Last edited by yl; 12-06-14 at 12:09.

The industry keeps saying TDSR and blamed TDSR. Remember, the industry is made up of vested groups such as sale agents, consultants, developers etc.

Look at some of the new launches with reduced prices and attracted good sale. What does that tell us? If prices come down to sensible level, people will buy regardless of TDSR. Many developers are not willing to cut prices so they sing a different song blaming TDSR etc for their poor sale.

Does it makes sense now asking why TDSR comes so late? Any answer can only tell us that the government was probably late in introducing TDSR though this is again subjective. Some measures are more effective than others and in our case, the TDSR appears to be so. It is too late to introduce TDSR? Definitely not if the results is any indication of its success. What if TDSR was introduced much earlier? Does it makes a lot more different than what we are now? No right or wrong answer.

I would just move on and try to make the right decision under any given situation. If my decision turns out to be unwise, it is solely mine to answer.

Yes.

Coz if we had not we wouldn't be lamenting on our stupidity for listening n would have brought one 3 years ago.

Back 3 yeaes ago?

Missed your second part and here is my thoughts.

Unless you bought your property before 1996 or during the low of the property cycles, you are likely to experience your property been under water at some point in property cycles.

That is the reason why we always say property is for the long term and you need to see it that way.

If you cannot stomach your property losing its value during the down cycle, stay away from buying property.

Some people choose to stay with parents, get marry and wait for the right time to buy their first property. Some people have no choice but to buy their first property even though they are aware that prices are high. Whoever you are, you made the decision and you have to take responsibility for the your decision.

If you bought high and prices come down the next few years, it means likely that you could afford the price correction. Meanwhile, you enjoy your new home while other people have to stay with their parents because they are not willing to take the risk of buying at high price. They also face the risk of having to stay with their parents for longer than they plan.

Be thankful that you could afford to buy at high while many are not so fortunate and have to live with their parents.

N to illustrate..if we had brought a resale we would be looking at the same loss or even moew due to the reno costs n cov!

N looking at how the sales are right now. ..u thinl the developer will care about the early buyers n not start dumping their units soon?

Supply is already coming down. Hard to get a new 99-year leasehold condo near MRT at less than $1000 psf, so the shorter lease is priced in. Are you looking around to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Amber Woods View Post
    Missed your second part and here is my thoughts.

Unless you bought your property before 1996 or during the low of the property cycles, you are likely to experience your property been under water at some point in property cycles.

That is the reason why we always say property is for the long term and you need to see it that way.

If you cannot stomach your property losing its value during the down cycle, stay away from buying property.

Some people choose to stay with parents, get marry and wait for the right time to buy their first property. Some people have no choice but to buy their first property even though they are aware that prices are high. Whoever you are, you made the decision and you have to take responsibility for the your decision.

If you bought high and prices come down the next few years, it means likely that you could afford the price correction. Meanwhile, you enjoy your new home while other people have to stay with their parents because they are not willing to take the risk of buying at high price. They also face the risk of having to stay with their parents for longer than they plan.

Be thankful that you could afford to buy at high while many are not so fortunate and have to live with their parents.
    Our parents live in 3 room hdb. Already full with siblings..so we defer red our plans.

N when we compared ourselves to others who got their btos or sales if balance. .we cant complain.

When hdb owners asked for an arm n leg for cov..at high prices...we stayed put.

We got fed up staying put while listening that prices will drop..will take how long to reach the pre 2010 prices? Another 5 years?

By then we late 30s! N rents are not cheap!

After buying then.see how the developer s will dump their vacant units..we are always at losing end.

N best part this feeling of frustration will has been built up over years.

Faith? I have faith that government will do whatever they need to keep their jobs.

N the part about tdsr?

Its the easiest n most effective ways to stop people from snapping up properties. We voiced out why this was never carried out n let investors borrow for this damn long.

Just like a part ent refused to give money to child..You thinkhe can still spend?

It doesn't need a mulit millionpay check minister to think of this simple solution.

N best part? He is like so damn happy that this solution work. While we are thinking. .its simple logic. Why took so long?

Did the additional buyer stamps worked in the past???

No. Its the financial crisis that took the prices down!!
    Last edited by yl; 12-06-14 at 14:35.

Wink

Yes.

Back 3 yeaes ago?

YL no point looking into things that we can't change. I believe you are happy too that at last you have a place that you could call HOME.

Agreed that 100-200K on paper loss was really a pain in the as** as me myself also got hit.

For own stay and in long run, house prices will go back up.
    Don't be too sad. Cheer up

N those who think we are fortune to be earning a high income..we had to foot our patents expenses..saved so hard just to get a piece of small land called home..

why should we be paying so much to those greedy hdb owners to wants to sell off their hdb n profit from us ?

With the 100k or more price drop with the same budget we can buy a bigger unit .