Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Esta Ruby, Freehold, 19 Levels

Master Plan 2008 is not working. It's 2011 now and we still don't see anything developed in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by mr funny.
    Published May 24, 2008

DRAFT MASTER PLAN 2008

Spotlight falls on Paya Lebar Central as suburban star

By EMILYN YAP

Paya Lebar Central is set to become the next suburban commercial hub under the Urban Redevelopment Authority's (URA) Draft Master Plan. And if market observers are right, the area may emerge as the newest hot spot for backroom operations and small and medium enterprises (SME).

Unveiled by Minister for National Development Mah Bow Tan yesterday, the 2008 Draft Master Plan is an elaborate land use guide for Singapore in the next 10 to 15 years. To sustain economic growth and bring jobs closer to homes, the plan carves out Paya Lebar Central, Kallang Riverside and Jurong Lake District as the latest commercial and mixed-use hubs.

Paya Lebar Central will stand out as a commercial node with a unique cultural identity. The URA will set aside 12 hectares of land with about 5.32 million square feet of commercial floor space for development. Of this, office space will take up 3.16 million sq ft, while hotel and retail spaces will occupy another 2.15 million sq ft.

For new growth areas such as Paya Lebar, plot ratios may increase, said Mr Mah, who spoke to reporters after the launch of the Plan.

In terms of connectivity, Paya Lebar Central is a 10-minute drive from the Central Business District (CBD) and is linked to major expressways and roads. Come 2010, the area will become more accessible when the new Paya Lebar MRT interchange station for the Circle and East-West lines opens.

There are also plans to re-align a stretch of the Geylang River so that it runs through new commercial developments along Tanjong Katong Road. The riverbanks will be ideal for office, retail and hotel developments.

Real estate experts believe that Paya Lebar Central's proximity to town may draw backroom operations from banks and multinational corporations.

'Just six MRT stations from Raffles Place, Paya Lebar Central may be even more attractive ... compared with the Tampines Regional Centre or the Changi Business Park,' observed director of marketing and business development at Savills Singapore Ku Swee Yong.

Sharing this view was Colliers International's director of research and advisory Tay Huey Ying. Ms Tay also noted that 'Paya Lebar Central will be a suitable commercial hub for SMEs, especially for those which support light industries in the area'.

For these SMEs, deputy managing director of Knight Frank Danny Yeo said: 'Rental rates in the CBD may be too high, and some have set up offices in industrial buildings instead. Hence, the creation of a commercial hub at Paya Lebar Central will be helpful.'

According to Mr Yeo, office rents in the Paya Lebar region range broadly from $6 to $8 per sq ft per month currently. A Jones Lang LaSalle report in April noted that the CBD core Grade A gross effective office rent stood at $17.35 per sq ft per month in the first quarter.

Mr Mah reassured those who were worried about a potential excess of office space from the upcoming hubs. 'We can set land aside but it is the private investor who will make the final decision,' he said.

He also did not think there would be an oversupply of office space in the foreseeable future, up to 2010 or 2011. 'Based on projections ... we expect that all the supply that we have already put in place will be taken up.'

Beyond its business appeal, Paya Lebar Central will also charm with its distinctive Malay character. A new pedestrian mall will be created along Geylang Road to provide more space for stalls during the annual Hari Raya bazaar. The new Geylang Serai Market will also add to the local heritage when it is ready in 2009.

Next to the market, a new civic centre and plaza will become focal points for community facilities such as a library, and for events such as bazaars.

To make it easier for workers and shoppers to get around Paya Lebar Central, there will be more covered walkways, underground paths and overhead bridges in the area.

With upcoming commercial and cultural activities in Paya Lebar Central, market observers expect to see three- to four-star hotels coming up to cater to mid-tier tourists and business travellers. URA estimates that the area can accommodate 1,400 hotel rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by penguin
    Can someone confirm if the private lifts open directly into the units itself? From the floorplan, it looks like it, but that would be rather wierd isnt it?
    You mean "Ding Dong" the lift doors open and you see your neighbour walks into his unit. You say "Bye" to your neighbour and scrutinise his/her unit before the lift door closes?

Quote Originally Posted by ecimbew
    You mean "Ding Dong" the lift doors open and you see your neighbour walks into his unit. You say "Bye" to your neighbour and scrutinise his/her unit before the lift door closes?
    worse is when the maintenance guy r servicing ur lift or cleaners cleaning the lifts....mabe invite them into ur hse for a drink...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    worse is when the maintenance guy r servicing ur lift or cleaners cleaning the lifts....mabe invite them into ur hse for a drink...LOL
    HAHA but it's very exclusive. Lift opens to your living room. Will it be noisy? My unit is next to the lift door now and my dog keeps barking at it whenever the door opens.

Quote Originally Posted by scotts
    UOL just bidded 313 million for the Lion City Hotel site.

The price works out to be S$624 psf ppr, based upon plot ratio of 3.39 for that particular site.

Construction cost is estimated to be 220 psf ppr, the breakeven for this site works out to be 850 psf. Financing cost and other misc costs will make the breakeven at 935.

The above calculations must include a development charge of 78 mil.

The p/pr works out to be 756.

UOL will sell it around 1450 psf.
    Maybe Government is sleeping while UOL is working?

Default Anyone bought this development?

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Teana
    Maybe Government is sleeping while UOL is working?
    Think they wait until before they release the next Master Plan, then start to work....

Record $1,253 psf developer sale in May.

500 Guillemard Road #04-01 958 $982k $1,025 May 25, 2011

500 Guillemard Road #06-03 1,130 $1,181k $1,045 May 13, 2011
    500 Guillemard Road #11-02 1,130 $1,250k $1,106 May 10, 2011
    500 Guillemard Road #08-02 1,130 $1,198k $1,060 May 4, 2011

There were only 4 sales in May

There were 6 developers sale as per URA website. The high is $1,253 psf.

http://www.ura.gov.sg/realEstateWeb/...Controller.jpf

I guess garmen trying to push Jurong Com Hub before they lay their hands here, no rush for them as easy to sell here den there ma...

quote=ecimbew]Master Plan 2008 is not working. It's 2011 now and we still don't see anything developed in that area. [/quote]

Almost bought a unit 3 years ago. However, change my mind after going to the showflat, site and offer a discounted offer price of $1033psf. It seems that the price did not move much over here.
    Quote Originally Posted by forest491
    I guess garmen trying to push Jurong Com Hub before they lay their hands here, no rush for them as easy to sell here den there ma...

quote=ecimbew]Master Plan 2008 is not working. It's 2011 now and we still don't see anything developed in that area.
    [/QUOTE]

Think this development got quite good potential due to the proximity to the Lion City site which was sold to UOL, and the Paya Lebar MRT which is an interchange stn. Another plus point I can see is that it is high rise while immediate surrounding condos are just 5-8 storeys high.

With the development if the Lion City site into a commercial cum residential, this area may changed into something quite interesting...

What do you guys think?

Not so ideal. Roof top facilities exposed to elements.

Hmm...is that a disadvantage? Having a pool at the ground floor is better? Why is that so?

Any 2 bedder left from developer,keen to get one.

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    Any 2 bedder left from developer,keen to get one.
    I think so, u can call this developer sales line to inquire 9090 2222

Thanks okacin, are you also vested in this projt?

Quote Originally Posted by okacin
    I think so, u can call this developer sales line to inquire 9090 2222

Quote Originally Posted by marktkt22
    Thanks okacin, are you also vested in this projt?
    Yes

okacin

Let me share why I'm bullish on this project:

1) right next to the en-bloced Lion City site which will be developed into a commercial-residential project
    2) walking distance to PL MRT which is interchange for Circle & East-West lines
    3) the balcony is facing towards the direction where a long stretch are developments of low plot ratio, so if buy high floor will be unblocked to a certain distance. Of course nearer towards the east coast there are high rise developments
    4) PL's potential as a commercial hub not fully realized yet. When it is, prices may be too high then
    5) Near the Geylang River which will be developed into some riverfront dining cum entertainment site

Let me share why I'm bullish on this project:

1) right next to the en-bloced Lion City site which will be developed into a commercial-residential project
    2) walking distance to PL MRT which is interchange for Circle & East-West lines
    3) the balcony is facing towards the direction where a long stretch are developments of low plot ratio, so if buy high floor will be unblocked to a certain distance. Of course nearer towards the east coast there are high rise developments
    4) PL's potential as a commercial hub not fully realized yet. When it is, prices may be too high then
    5) Near the Geylang River which will be developed into some riverfront dining cum entertainment site
    Any reason why this project has still not sold out completely?

Quote Originally Posted by jinxminx99
    Any reason why this project has still not sold out completely?
    Actually i'm not sure. The sales ppl said they din spent much on marketing the project and there were some change in design which caused a delay. At first I was a bit sceptical, but after I considered the factors I mentioned earlier, decided to go ahead

Actually i'm not sure. The sales ppl said they din spent much on marketing the project and there were some change in design which caused a delay. At first I was a bit sceptical, but after I considered the factors I mentioned earlier, decided to go ahead
    The roads there r too busy... Structurally sound?

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    The roads there r too busy... Structurally sound?
    Haha...if it's a development in other countries, then I'll be more concerned about that aspect. Rather strange that u associate busy road with structure of the bldg though

Haha...if it's a development in other countries, then I'll be more concerned about that aspect. Rather strange that u associate busy road with structure of the bldg though
    Due to change of design? Surfing w my hp, dun like to type so many words.

Quote Originally Posted by hyenergix
    Due to change of design? Surfing w my hp, dun like to type so many words.
    ic...dun hv too much info from the sales folks on the design change..not overly concerned about it
    Yes, I agree that Tanjong Katong Rd is quite busy. Fortunately, this development links to Guillemard Rd which is much less congested, and easier to get to town fr there via Nicoll Highway

Can a building plan be changed half way?

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Can a building plan be changed half way?
    Hi,
    I really do not know whether the sales ppl meant to say that the design was changed midway during construction or even before construction starts....guess to be really affirmative, hv to ask further if interested. Seriously I'm not keen to probe...haha

In any case, I'm confident that in spore, construction code will need to be followed. Professional engineer will need to sign off. I'm will be more worried if this is a development in our neighboring countries where things are more "flexible"

ic...dun hv too much info from the sales folks on the design change..not overly concerned about it
    Yes, I agree that Tanjong Katong Rd is quite busy. Fortunately, this development links to Guillemard Rd which is much less congested, and easier to get to town fr there via Nicoll Highway
    When is the expected completion of the project?

Quote Originally Posted by jinxminx99
    When is the expected completion of the project?
    Not later than 4Q 2012. Going by what I see when I passed by the sitely recently, chances are it may be completed earlier