Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5101520212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: The Parc (D5, Freehold, Chip Eng Seng & Lehman Brothers)

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

As you said "When I was in spore ...". What you said is "History". Now is different. Pasir Panjang to Battery Road in the morning peak hours take "ages" (literally).

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    walau eh

you joker lah ...

when i was in spore .. i drive from pasir panjang to Battery road .. in 8mins .. from my drive way to office basement car park ..

i leave home 7.30 ..

when i was staying at rivervalley .. about 5-7mins .. surprised ?

it seems traffic into CBD is heavier N to S direction ..

while going into CBD from the south is much smoother ..

so i have to agree with Stalingrad

From Novena need to go to Balestier in order to get onto CTE meh?? You are completely ignorant about that place. Please get your facts right before sprouting non-sense!

Quote Originally Posted by gohsoonk
    ..Assuming all lights in his favour...he would need to execute the three tricky turns...Moulmein Road to Balestier, Balestier to CTE and CTE to Outram Road at high speed (of course I am assuming he takes this route, there could be others).

Well...I already said "(of course I am assuming he takes this route, there could be others)".

so what are your other routes?

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    From Novena need to go to Balestier in order to get onto CTE meh?? You are completely ignorant about that place. Please get your facts right before sprouting non-sense!

i think teddy didn't get what u mean. but i know what u mean, drive till the end of moulmein road, u need to turn into a few metres of balestier road to go up the slip road to CTE.

Well...I already said "(of course I am assuming he takes this route, there could be others)".

so what are your other routes?

Yup. That is correct.

Seems like I will have to state the goal posts as well...The start line will be at Revenue House (along Newton Road towards the direction of Moulmein Road). Give some advantage as it is the near the end of Newton Road.

The end line will be behind Tg Pagar Complex (along Anson Road).

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    i think teddy didn't get what u mean. but i know what u mean, drive till the end of moulmein road, u need to turn into a few metres of balestier road to go up the slip road to CTE.

seriously, i think the slowest F1 car on the grid can do it in under 3mins with road closures.

Yup. That is correct.

Seems like I will have to state the goal posts as well...The start line will be at Revenue House (along Newton Road towards the direction of Moulmein Road). Give some advantage as it is the near the end of Newton Road.

The end line will be behind Tg Pagar Complex (along Anson Road).

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    seriously, i think the slowest F1 car on the grid can do it in under 3mins with road closures.
    my wife honda accord 2.4L can do that is 2 minutes. haha, she likes to fly and have me pay the gas bills.

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    yes, he is either a pilot or flight attendant. He flies so much that he must live near the airport. haha, what a joke.

I flies about 4 or five times a year, mostly to canada or the US. My wife flies on a monthly basis, mostly to China or Japan. We have never thought that we must live in the east just because we fly so often.
    You are the real clown again...haha..first you call me a property agent, now I am either a pilot or flight attendant. You like to jump to conclusion real fast, aren't you? Strange, I had similar answer from my primary 3 nephew too. But you are only slightly knowledgeable than him as he didn't mention flight attendant.. Guess I shouldn't expect more from you as you coudn't spell or start a sentence as good as him.

List of those people who are fly frequently (not exhaustive):
    1) Businessmen who have overseas operations
    2) CFOs/Accountant who oversee overseas finance of the company
    3) GMs who are in-charge of regional offices
    4) Regional marketing head in-charge of regional sales
    4) Auditors who performs oversea audits for MNC
    and the list goes on...

Frequency is relative..I have neighbour who flies once every week and friends who fly once a month. To me, my neighbour flies more frequent than me. To my friends, I fly more frequent than them.
    Last edited by Avatar; 23-09-10 at 18:51.

don't think so. the distance is not that short. i estimate the route is around 8km long with twists and turns so maybe even an F1 car may find it challenging to do it in 3mins. need to average 160km/h despite the twists and turns. >300km/h for straights but outram road exit turn into outram road brake down to 60km/h...and don't forget the other turns...not easy.

my wife honda accord 2.4L can do that is 2 minutes. haha, she likes to fly and have me pay the gas bills.

i used to stay at both united square and west coast vicinity, driving a 7 sec car, and aggressively.

West coast to Anson 7 mins possible.

Newton to Anson 7 mins impossible.
    Cairnhill to Anson via CTE possible.

To me newton is the traditional boundary south of newton circus.

Of course if you live balestier next to the CTE entrance, 5 mins to anson is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by gfoo
    i used to stay at both united square and west coast vicinity, driving a 7 sec car, and aggressively.

West coast to Anson 7 mins possible.

Newton to Anson 7 mins impossible.
    Cairnhill to Anson via CTE possible.

To me newton is the traditional boundary south of newton circus.

Of course if you live balestier next to the CTE entrance, 5 mins to anson is possible.
    now the expert has spoken. it seems 20 minutes from carabelle to anson is just an conservative estimate.

I knew that 5 minutes from newton to anson is an impossibility. I would need at least 20 minutes to do so. lousy driver I am.

Conservative? Last night, it took me 45 mins to drive from West Coast to Shenton Way! What conservative are you talking about?

now the expert has spoken. it seems 20 minutes from carabelle to anson is just an conservative estimate.

I knew that 5 minutes from newton to anson is an impossibility. I would need at least 20 minutes to do so. lousy driver I am.

Conservative? Last night, it took me 45 mins to drive from West Coast to Shenton Way! What conservative are you talking about?
    errrr, did you drive an accord with 2.4l engine or an equivalent? traffic was terrible last night?

Even driving a F1 also useless under that sort of road traffic, some more with those road hoggers hogging the right-most lane (even lorries and pickups can be driving on those lanes!).

errrr, did you drive an accord with 2.4l engine or an equivalent? traffic was terrible last night?

Wah, never know Pasir Panjang / West Coast got so many traffic problems! So who saying even peak hours only take 20 mins from West Coast to Anson?
    I drive very frequently from West Coast to just Vivo and during peak hours already taking me >35 mins!

Quote Originally Posted by cashrich
    I agree. Look at ALL the problem IDENTIFIED... meeting with LTA required. All supporters for West Coast Highway, get the facts right~!

Can say Since 2007. Things might improve when all the construction are done.

http://www.pasirpanjang.org/LTAmeeting.doc

http://www.pasirpanjang.org/PPPEA_Minutes_28_Jan_2010_(PPPEA).doc

Just caught more proof that you are full of shits... (Thanks to Cashrich for the meeting minutes between PP & LTA):

Some extracts of traffic & flooding problems at West Coast:

PPPEA enquired whether the port development may have caused some flooding to residential units along Jalan Mat Jambol.

PPPEA pointed out that some loud thud sound believed to have originated from the port terminal was heard

PPPEA pointed out that vibration from passing heavy vehicle was felt at residential units...

Traffic situation at South Buona Vista Road / West Coast Highway / Pasir Panjang Road junction
    PPPEA members shared with all that a number of accidents and near misses have taken place at this junction.

PPPEA highlighted the heavy traffic congestion problem...
    many vehicles illegally parking along this stretch of the road...

another good thing about West Coast is that this place never floods, unlike many other places on the island.

Remind me of the story about 4 blind man and elephant..

Just caught more proof that you are full of shits... (Thanks to Cashrich for the meeting minutes between PP & LTA):
    I had already proven that some time back as he passed biased remarks on Nanhua Pri School when his son fail to get in and criticisms against Singaporeans but still sleeping next to one. Whenever I watch the face changing opera in Beijing, it just reminds me that there is such a person in Singapore that change face faster than the opera performer.

Ops! So his wife is a honda accord 2.4L...hmm

let me qualify my statement. when i say possible i mean zero traffic, normal traffic lights. this is only ideal early morning say 3pm-ish, when traffic lights switch fast. from the edge of west coast u hit one light before flyover, and the next one you encounter is all the way at tg pagar railway. this is a popular rounding route.

from newton roundabout there are too many traffic lights to anson.

either way, it does not represent real-life driving conditions.

claiming which one reaches anson faster is silly - they are two v different locales and to each his own.

otherwise from iskandar can reach anson in 20 mins too - in ideal conditions of 5 mins customs clearance and 240kph

in ideal driving condition i can reach marina bay sands in 30 seconds. but today it took 30 mins.

just chill and enjoy life lah, dun need to slam people.
    Last edited by gfoo; 24-09-10 at 01:18.

life is so so short mah

every min counts for them

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar
    You are the real clown again...haha..first you call me a property agent, now I am either a pilot or flight attendant. You like to jump to conclusion real fast, aren't you? Strange, I had similar answer from my primary 3 nephew too. But you are only slightly knowledgeable than him as he didn't mention flight attendant.. Guess I shouldn't expect more from you as you coudn't spell or start a sentence as good as him.

List of those people who are fly frequently (not exhaustive):
    1) Businessmen who have overseas operations
    2) CFOs/Accountant who oversee overseas finance of the company
    3) GMs who are in-charge of regional offices
    4) Regional marketing head in-charge of regional sales
    4) Auditors who performs oversea audits for MNC
    and the list goes on...

Frequency is relative..I have neighbour who flies once every week and friends who fly once a month. To me, my neighbour flies more frequent than me. To my friends, I fly more frequent than them.

sorry ah

i have nothing against you

but you tried to point out his mistake(highlighted in red)
    then you have your list with your own mistakes ( in lavender )

technically, OVERSEES OVERSEA is not wrong, BUT ask any english teachers, they would strongly discourage it

also which REGIONAL head is NOT in charge of REGIONAL sales ?

i have not known of any REGIONAL head who is responsible for only Singapore operations ..

yours are REPEAT AGAIN kind of mistake ..

Wah, never know Pasir Panjang / West Coast got so many traffic problems! So who saying even peak hours only take 20 mins from West Coast to Anson?
    I drive very frequently from West Coast to just Vivo and during peak hours already taking me >35 mins!

to VIVO different lah ...the jam is VIVO and sentosa mah

seriously i drive from south buona vista to battery road 8mins only if i leave my house before 7.30am

seriously i drive from south buona vista to battery road 8mins only if i leave my house before 7.30am
    South Buona vista can be a problem with traffic too in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    South Buona vista can be a problem with traffic too in the morning.
    really ?

i am near SBV rd but not exactly there ..

if i go into too much detail ... you will know exactly where i stay ehhe

Not only there. Depending on the route you take, it could be very heavy traffic along Telok Blangah Road, + Alexandra Road, + AYE. Even turning into AYE from South Bouna Vista Road already itself taking more than 5 mins during rush hours! Take the winding "99-bends" SBV road then TBR even worse!

Not only there. Depending on the route you take, it could be very heavy traffic along Telok Blangah Road, + Alexandra Road, + AYE. Even turning into AYE from South Bouna Vista Road already itself taking more than 5 mins during rush hours! Take the winding "99-bends" SBV road then TBR even worse!
    ok i went by pasir panjang to alexander , up the highway after telok blangah .. all they way towards ECP and exit to MBFc ..

from my experience ... only stopped 2 traffic lights before west coast highway .. and 2 traffic light between MBFC and battery road

OR exit highway , go by keppel , pass railway station .. after that .. the traffic lights all synchronised .. beat one, beat all

I have a friend who stays around there said he had problem getting from there becos of the traffic is rather heavy.
    really ?

i am near SBV rd but not exactly there ..

if i go into too much detail ... you will know exactly where i stay ehhe

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    I have a friend who stays around there said he had problem getting from there becos of the traffic is rather heavy.

hhmmm

well i live oversea now .. its been over a year since i was back ...

maybe the condition has gotten bad ..

but no worries ... my house is very near MRT ... not the one next to Parc Imperial

First, please get the fact straight. If you take pasir panjang road, of course it will be congested and you wouldn't be able to get to anson road in 20 minutes road. If you take west coast highway from carabelle, it is all the way to keppel and anson with no jams along the way. Then, you will be arrive at anson road in 20 minutes.

so, don't complain to me about my lying after you took Pasir panjang road. Take west coast highway all the way, and connect to keppel road.

Second, as I said, they are building a flyover at west coast highway and clementi road, so traffic recently has been slowed considerably. when the flyover is completed, I will guarantee you that 20 minutes is enough for you to arrive at Anson road.