Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 38131819202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: The Parc (D5, Freehold, Chip Eng Seng & Lehman Brothers)

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

Did you make a mistake? I have been living around that areas for long time and I am sure West Coast areas' traffics & pollutions are much much worse than those areas you mentioned below, not to mention the hazards from those hell-driving lorry drivers and dangerous super-long transportation vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by plan
    I have to agree these issues are common in Singapore, in some places like bukit timah, novena, newton, it could be worse.

They are best directed to the LTA to work on...

One suggestion to LTA to smoothen the stretch of west coast road traffic,
    is to build a direct entry road into AYE (city) when turning out from west coast road using Clementi Ave 2...

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    stay east side la...ECP by far the least congested for now

seriously, city areas always congested but command highest premium...its about location and not about traffic congestion la..
    ECP may not be very congested, but the roads in D15 and 16 are horrible to travel on. Always very very jammed, and always flooded after just a little rain.

Are you sure? I have travelled via ECP during peak hours (as well as other expressways) and I am sure ECP is one of the worst (not much better than the notorious CTE). City areas congestion during peak hours (I am sure) is not worse than D15 and D16 small roads, but have the advantage that go anywhere also short distance and short time required by virtue of its central location and no need to take any expressway (vs D15 & D16, take ECP lagi worst!).
    You are right! Location location location! Good location less distance and less time required to travel. Bad location, travel takes long distance and even longer time (because of the traffic jams everywhere, especially those small narrow roads and vehicles parking and waiting at the side of the roads! These won't happen in city because sure get summon within 5 mins! Ops!).

seriously, city areas always congested but command highest premium...its about location and not about traffic congestion la..

Quote Originally Posted by stalingrad
    ECP may not be very congested, but the roads in D15 and 16 are horrible to travel on. Always very very jammed, and always flooded after just a little rain.
    have you experience that or hear say ?
    i have been living in this area for years, the roads are never VERY VERY jammed.

Quote Originally Posted by Douk
    have you experience that or hear say ?
    i have been living in this area for years, the roads are never VERY VERY jammed.
    I don't live there but travel there often. It is very very jammed, especially the Katong mall area.

I remember trying to find parking at night near the mall before dining on frog legs. the road is lined with parked cars on both sides, and with pedestrians walking every which way, you can't even move one inch let along parking your cars. finally we gave up and head home to dine on chicken legs.

will never live in D15 or 16.
    Last edited by stalingrad; 22-09-10 at 11:51.

ECP jam is the second worse, after CTE ( during peak hr) ..also have ERP .. must pay and yet still jam

D15 roads also jam ..narrow ...

the best drivng home direction is westcoast highway ... from CBD

Quote Originally Posted by proud owner
    ECP jam is the second worse, after CTE ( during peak hr) ..also have ERP .. must pay and yet still jam

D15 roads also jam ..narrow ...

the best drivng home direction is westcoast highway ... from CBD
    Used to be good. but now they are building this flyover at the clementi road junction. Now it is jammed for about 0.5 km either way at the turn signal.

Used to be good. but now they are building this flyover at the clementi road junction. Now it is jammed for about 0.5 km either way at the turn signal.

really ?

havent been there for a while
    i used to exit at alexandra ... and a short drive to South buona vista

is there a new entrance or exit between Clementi junction and alexandra exit ?

really ?

havent been there for a while
    i used to exit at alexandra ... and a short drive to South buona vista

is there a new entrance or exit between Clementi junction and alexandra exit ?
    No new exit or entrance. You used to own the stellar, so you should know. they are building a flyover right in front of the entrance of the port, which lies at the end of clementi road. the flyover lies from east to west, to allow traffic on west coast highway to continue without stopping at the traffic light at the port entrance.

but it is a huge flyover and will take a long time to complete. while it is being built, the traffic near the port entrance is terribly affected. getting onto the highway from clementi road is still quite easy, but turning into clementi road from the highway is nightmarish. and the traffic east or west bound is slowed to a crawl at certain points of the day.

No new exit or entrance. You used to own the stellar, so you should know. they are building a flyover right in front of the entrance of the port, which lies at the end of clementi road. the flyover lies from east to west, to allow traffic on west coast highway to continue without stopping at the traffic light at the port entrance.

but it is a huge flyover and will take a long time to complete. while it is being built, the traffic near the port entrance is terribly affected. getting onto the highway from clementi road is still quite easy, but turning into clementi road from the highway is nightmarish. and the traffic east or west bound is slowed to a crawl at certain points of the day.
    ic

anyway i have sold my stellar ... still keeping my house at south buona vista ...

guess once the flyover is complete ..all will be smooth again
    just hope they dont add ERP

ic

anyway i have sold my stellar ... still keeping my house at south buona vista ...

guess once the flyover is complete ..all will be smooth again
    just hope they dont add ERP
    no ERP is necessary in this area. as you said, this area has the best traffic flow. compared with D15 and 16, we live in heaven.

no ERP is necessary in this area. as you said, this area has the best traffic flow. compared with D15 and 16, we live in heaven.
    Best? U really think so?

Containers, trucks and buses plenty right?

Best traffic flow will be at KPE lah, that's why have to set a limit there or else it will be the envy of others.

What a sharp comment! Best because with all those vehicles there, nobody can speeding mah...
    (Ops, I forgot it is the lorries, container trucks which are speeding there and trying to over-take each other and block up all the lanes travelling at about the same speed!).

Quote Originally Posted by Condorich
    Best? U really think so?

Containers, trucks and buses plenty right?

Best traffic flow will be at KPE lah, that's why have to set a limit there or else it will be the envy of others.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    What a sharp comment! Best because with all those vehicles there, nobody can speeding mah...
    (Ops, I forgot it is the lorries, container trucks which are speeding there and trying to over-take each other and block up all the lanes travelling at about the same speed!).
    are you guys kidding? At most stretches of west coast highway, there are few vehicles. Sometimes, you have to look hard to see a vehicle ahead of you or behind. It is when the highway enters CBD that traffic becomes heavy. That is after vivo city. My wife drives to anson road everyday, she can get in her office in 20 minutes from our home at Carabelle. she now drives a 2.4L honda accord. the only thing that prevents her from flying all the way to her office is traffic police. the traffic is very light on the highway.

20mins? what time period is that?

are you guys kidding? At most stretches of west coast highway, there are few vehicles. Sometimes, you have to look hard to see a vehicle ahead of you or behind. It is when the highway enters CBD that traffic becomes heavy. That is after vivo city. My wife drives to anson road everyday, she can get in her office in 20 minutes from our home at Carabelle. she now drives a 2.4L honda accord. the only thing that prevents her from flying all the way to her office is traffic police. the traffic is very light on the highway.

20mins? what time period is that?
    she has to be in her office by 9am.

but that is by west coast highway. if she takes AYE, which jams easily, it would a longer.

west coast highway, goes past vivocity, gets on Keppel road, then anson road. 20 minutes.

By the way, from Newton to Anson only took me 5 mins. Still, 20 mins not that bad but that is during school holidays? I found that the further from central area you live and during school holidays, the time of travel is much much faster than during school term.

she has to be in her office by 9am.

but that is by west coast highway. if she takes AYE, which jams easily, it would a longer.

west coast highway, goes past vivocity, gets on Keppel road, then anson road. 20 minutes.

newton to anson what route u take can reach in 5 mins? after 9am?

By the way, from Newton to Anson only took me 5 mins. Still, 20 mins not that bad but that is during school holidays? I found that the further from central area you live and during school holidays, the time of travel is much much faster than during school term.

Quote Originally Posted by bargain hunter
    newton to anson what route u take can reach in 5 mins? after 9am?
    I doubt he can do that. maybe he flies regularly in a helicopter.

i would assume he starts from newton circus, sprints along scotts road, paterson, kim seng, outram then cantoment roads to hit Anson. unless all the lights are green when he arrives and there are no other cars on the road.........

anyway, teddy, if u have a shorter route, do let me know, i am curious to know.

I doubt he can do that. maybe he flies regularly in a helicopter.

Can lah, in the morning 6.30am. (You get my joke? Ha ha!). Alternative road is up CTE and exit Outram (if you live nearer to Novena side of Newton).

i would assume he starts from newton circus, sprints along scotts road, paterson, kim seng, outram then cantoment roads to hit Anson. unless all the lights are green when he arrives and there are no other cars on the road.........

another way is to turn off from kim seng into havelock road but i still can't see 5mins to be achievable.

anyway, 20mins from The Parc to Anson in peak hour traffic is about right.

I doubt that. Scotts road is horrible in the morning. So many cars taking U turns. he has to fly.

another way is to turn off from kim seng into havelock road but i still can't see 5mins to be achievable.

No I meant from carabelle to anson in 20 minutes. from parc it would be longer. the parc is located in a corner that is hard to get out of. it doesn't have direct access to west coast highway. carabelle does.

I think you are totally wrong. Scotts Road is smooth traffic in the morning.

I doubt that. Scotts road is horrible in the morning. So many cars taking U turns. he has to fly.

but your observation about school holidays is correct. its definitely faster to travel during school holidays for OCR.

I think you are totally wrong. Scotts Road is smooth traffic in the morning.
    smooth at 6:30am? of course. even smoother at 4:30am.

Actually you will be surprised! By taking CTE (if you live near Novena side), it really takes only 5 mins to reach Anson during smooth traffic!

Unless the traffic has become so much better now in West Coast -> Anson, 30mins seem more realistic.

Unless the traffic has become so much better now in West Coast -> Anson, 30mins seem more realistic.
    west coast highway, yes. very smooth. try it, and you will agree with me.