Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Tanjong Rhu Road Condo

Sanctuary Green is a mass market condo with very average finishing and quite ugly toilet designs that come with those old-fashioned louvred window panes. I find that the rooms and the building resemble Hotel 81! The views are somehow not that great because of the other condo blocking part of the view towards the Kallang side and the view of the expressway isn't that good enough to command a high price for a unit there. However, the location is really quite good, and suitable for those seeking a cheaper place to buy and live in the Tanjong Rhu area, if they are not fussy with more up-to-date finishes or nicer lobbies or if their property is freehold or leasehold. $1,100 to $1,200 is a reasonable psf for a 2-bedder on high floor since new condos in areas like West Coast are already that price.

hehehe, never been to hotel 81 before ...

still in the early stage and walking around the area so haven't been inside (though now actively looking for openhouse for condo in the area and waiting to see if gahmen putting in new measures)

will take note of that, cos people also say finishing very important. the floor plan for SG looks quite good though, little space wasted

Quote Originally Posted by reuters
    Sanctuary Green is a mass market condo with very average finishing and quite ugly toilet designs that come with those old-fashioned louvred window panes. I find that the rooms and the building resemble Hotel 81! The views are somehow not that great because of the other condo blocking part of the view towards the Kallang side and the view of the expressway isn't that good enough to command a high price for a unit there. However, the location is really quite good, and suitable for those seeking a cheaper place to buy and live in the Tanjong Rhu area, if they are not fussy with more up-to-date finishes or nicer lobbies or if their property is freehold or leasehold. $1,100 to $1,200 is a reasonable psf for a 2-bedder on high floor since new condos in areas like West Coast are already that price.

Mass condo maybe better for me too, fit my status better (still right at the bottom of the corporate ladder!)

Quote Originally Posted by reuters

Quote Originally Posted by art10626
    hehehe, never been to hotel 81 before ...

still in the early stage and walking around the area so haven't been inside (though now actively looking for openhouse for condo in the area and waiting to see if gahmen putting in new measures)

will take note of that, cos people also say finishing very important. the floor plan for SG looks quite good though, little space wasted
    Regarding wasted space. Do note most unit in SG come with planters which to some is wasteful area.

there are few empty parcel of land in tg rhu area.any idea if new developments like malls or new private housing be coming up over there?

Quote Originally Posted by Chillyred888
    there are few empty parcel of land in tg rhu area.any idea if new developments like malls or new private housing be coming up over there?
    I do wish these empty parcels of land are made avail for landed hse developments. The view from Tanjong Rhu to Marina Bay and Singapore Flyer area is superd. You can get a good view even on the road (ground level)!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    I do wish these empty parcels of land are made avail for landed hse developments. The view from Tanjong Rhu to Marina Bay and Singapore Flyer area is superd. You can get a good view even on the road (ground level)!
    Gahmen also wanna make money. I think land will be made available when East Gardens fully developed, Sports Hub near ready, Marina East plans for development (if any).

Default Noisy planes flying over Tg Rhu

Is it just me or do you also notice higher frequency of planes flying over your estates? I am at Tg Rhu side. Who are the authorities to check on the flight path or for our voices to be heard? I thought the planes are supposed to come in from the sea.

Quote Originally Posted by easymac
    Is it just me or do you also notice higher frequency of planes flying over your estates? I am at Tg Rhu side. Who are the authorities to check on the flight path or for our voices to be heard? I thought the planes are supposed to come in from the sea.
    Hehehe.. i emailed the Airforce chief asking him to spread the flights over tg Rhu and Meyer Road...

anyone has experience staying in units close to the ECP? Do these units suffer from lots of noise and dust? Going for viewings seemed fine but since it's only for a short while whgile viewing, i wonder how it's like to stay long term.

I heard from someone who is staying at a point block HDB flats at marine parade that he can smell the fumes from ships that are docking at the sea occasionally. Not sure if it is from ships or cars as it is just next to the ECP.

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    I heard from someone who is staying at a point block HDB flats at marine parade that he can smell the fumes from ships that are docking at the sea occasionally. Not sure if it is from ships or cars as it is just next to the ECP.
    Sounds serious. More likely to be traffic fumes, than ship... (further away and more spread out) IMHO.

smell fumes from ships ? must be joking. many of the "complaints" about east coast are exagerated. Especially the flight path, etc.

Road noise? definitely if the block is right next to ECP. But for those further away from ECP but in the same development, it is not unbearable.

Vehicular pollution is small fry compared to jet fuel and cargo ship pollution. Not even 1/10 of the carbon emission if I recall the official statistics. It takes a lot more fuel to propel an airplane/cargo ship than 10000 car.

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Falcon
    Vehicular pollution is small fry compared to jet fuel and cargo ship pollution. Not even 1/10 of the carbon emission if I recall the official statistics. It takes a lot more fuel to propel an airplane/cargo ship than 10000 car.
    But airplane high uP mah..... car fumes n soot got more impact lor

Quote Originally Posted by ahkongkid
    anyone has experience staying in units close to the ECP? Do these units suffer from lots of noise and dust? Going for viewings seemed fine but since it's only for a short while whgile viewing, i wonder how it's like to stay long term.
    I lived next to the ECP previously. It was very noisy especially on higher floors. It was the noise that bothered me, not so much the dust. My neighbours on the 2nd and 3rd floors didn't have this problem.

Anyone has an idea of when the pedestrian bridge (to be south of the Benjamin Sheares Bridge per the recent updated URA rendering ) connecting East and Central gardens will be built? This will be great for Tanjung Rhu residence going to the Promenade area.
    thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by gwlip
    Just to share. Here's the official response I got from URA on 1 Sep 2010 on the bridge connector from Tanjong Rhu to Promenade ...

"A number of different ideas for connecting the areas at Marina East and Marina Centre areas were put forward under the International Design Competition for the Gardens by the Bay.

URA, together with NParks, have assessed that the most appropriate alignment, taking into cosnideration both planning and technical issues, would be the location near the Benjamin Sheares Bridge, as reflected in the Master Plan 2008. The bridge is planned to connect the promenade and public spaces along Marina Bay and Singapore River to the west and East Coast Park to the east, as well as to provide a connection from the Tanjong Rhu area to the Promenade RTS tation which will be an interchange station between the Circle (CCL) and Downtown (DTL) lines. The timeline for implementation of this planned bridge is currently under study in relation to the plans for the Gardens by the Bay, Bay East and Bay Central.

The need for any additional bridges, for example, near the Nicoll Highway RTS Station, will be reviewed in relation to the longer term plans for the Marina East and Marina Centre areas."

Quote Originally Posted by skylark
    I lived next to the ECP previously. It was very noisy especially on higher floors. It was the noise that bothered me, not so much the dust. My neighbours on the 2nd and 3rd floors didn't have this problem.
    noise travel upwards...those on low floors have the noise blocked by the foliage

it's noise (or lack of) versus view loh...

Smile FORTREDALE @ Tanjong Rhu REPORTEDLY GOES FOR RECORD S$65 MILLION

Property insiders claim that the 23,020 sq ft freehold condo Fortredale at Tanjong Rhu has been sold for approximately S$65 million, or about S$1,342 psf ppr.
    The alleged purchaser is a low-profile Chinese developer, which is also building a project in the Balestier area.
    The collective sale of Fortredale was brokered through a tender by CB Richard Ellis (CBRE), which closed on 29 March.
    Analysts expect the deal to provide a price benchmark and pave the way for the en bloc sale of its 30,540 sq ft neighbour, the Austral View.
    By doing so, the same party who purchased the Fortredale will be able to combine the two sites into a collective freehold land area of approximately 53,560 sq ft.
    The combined plot can be redeveloped into a new freehold project with a total gross floor area (GFA) of around 112,476 sq ft, which can potentially yield around 108 units averaging 1,000 sq ft.
    Having been on the en bloc market a second time, Fortredale was previously sold in 1996 to T3 Investments Ltd, which redeveloped the site to the existing 18-storey, 32-unit project.
    Upon completion, it was sold to a unit of Poh Lian Holdings in August 1999 for S$38.5 million (S$825 psf) on the project’s net saleable area of 46,673 sq ft.
    Poh Lian subsequently sold the units separately. Its current majority owners decided to put the development up for another en bloc sale.
    En bloc sales have excelled in the Singapore property investment sales market in the first quarter, recording at least four such deals worth S$100 million each, compared with only three from 2008 to 2010.

hello!long time ago, posted a question on why sanctuary green seems to be valued lower by order condos nearby... seems like now it's caught up in terms of psf despite the weakness we talked about. Congrats to SG owners!Still haven't bought the dream tangjong rhu condo that my wife and i want... waiting for correction can really wait long long, haha, but still buying at what may possibly be the peak is quite an annoying thought...also notice that new roads are being built in the area. masterplan2008 showed that a road will be built that go all the way to shenton way... arrr... infrastructing improving and better prices!

hello!long time ago, posted a question on why sanctuary green seems to be valued lower by order condos nearby... seems like now it's caught up in terms of psf despite the weakness we talked about. Congrats to SG owners!Still haven't bought the dream tangjong rhu condo that my wife and i want... waiting for correction can really wait long long, haha, but still buying at what may possibly be the peak is quite an annoying thought...also notice that new roads are being built in the area. masterplan2008 showed that a road will be built that go all the way to shenton way... arrr... infrastructing improving and better prices!
    Oh.. Not bad at all. When u need a roof, anytime is the right time. Haha

Since going to pay top dollar, why dun go for newer, younger properties nearer to MRTs.

For Sanctuary Green, the layout & design are not as good as nearby condos that why price is lower la.

You buy cheap will sell cheap.

I thought the masterplan 2008 shows a pedestrian bridge that link to the Flyer or somewhere in Marina Centre?How come there's now a road to Shenton way?

Is the Marina Bay Golf course run by NTUC operated on 20 year lease? How many years passed oredi? What is the gahmen going to do about the land at Marina East? Any comments?

Quote Originally Posted by kingkong1984
    Oh.. Not bad at all. When u need a roof, anytime is the right time. Haha

Since going to pay top dollar, why dun go for newer, younger properties nearer to MRTs.
    For someone who can wait 9 more years for the MRT, maybe it's different?

Just to share. Here's the official response I got from URA on 1 Sep 2010 on the bridge connector from Tanjong Rhu to Promenade ...

"A number of different ideas for connecting the areas at Marina East and Marina Centre areas were put forward under the International Design Competition for the Gardens by the Bay.

URA, together with NParks, have assessed that the most appropriate alignment, taking into cosnideration both planning and technical issues, would be the location near the Benjamin Sheares Bridge, as reflected in the Master Plan 2008. The bridge is planned to connect the promenade and public spaces along Marina Bay and Singapore River to the west and East Coast Park to the east, as well as to provide a connection from the Tanjong Rhu area to the Promenade RTS tation which will be an interchange station between the Circle (CCL) and Downtown (DTL) lines. The timeline for implementation of this planned bridge is currently under study in relation to the plans for the Gardens by the Bay, Bay East and Bay Central.

The need for any additional bridges, for example, near the Nicoll Highway RTS Station, will be reviewed in relation to the longer term plans for the Marina East and Marina Centre areas."
    Reviving this thread! Wasn't aware that there was going to be a bridge linking Tanjong Rhu to the city. Sounds exciting though! Found it on the masterplan too. Anyone knows when it might be built (the previous indication of 'after YOG' is pretty long ago already)?

Quote Originally Posted by electron
    Reviving this thread! Wasn't aware that there was going to be a bridge linking Tanjong Rhu to the city. Sounds exciting though! Found it on the masterplan too. Anyone knows when it might be built (the previous indication of 'after YOG' is pretty long ago already)?
    There is a bridge connecting Tanjong Rhu and Indoor Stadium, isn't this the one?

Quote Originally Posted by silver023
    There is a bridge connecting Tanjong Rhu and Indoor Stadium, isn't this the one?
    Nope, I'm referring to the proposed bridge parallel to Benjamin Sheares bridge. I know which one you're talking about though; I often walk past it. Really pretty at night.

Quote Originally Posted by electron
    Nope, I'm referring to the proposed bridge parallel to Benjamin Sheares bridge. I know which one you're talking about though; I often walk past it. Really pretty at night.
    Wrote to URA on this matter 3months ago and their reply is they are current working on the details and will announce when ready. No fixed date given tho.

Quote Originally Posted by flxcat
    Wrote to URA on this matter 3months ago and their reply is they are current working on the details and will announce when ready. No fixed date given tho.
    Heya flxcat
    Thanks for checking

Heya flxcat
    Thanks for checking
    Welcome. Just excited that this area is getting better by the day