Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Tanjong Rhu Road Condo

Tg rhu got MRT?

Quote Originally Posted by Rhu
    Now that the MRT is confirmed to start operations in mid Apr, will we see an increase in resale prices for the Tanjong Rhu stretch?

I really hope so!

Quote Originally Posted by Squall8888
    Tg rhu got MRT?
    stadium......

Promenade ...

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Quote Originally Posted by gwlip
    Promenade ...
    Promenade is Suntec.

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Promenade is Suntec.
    Correct. There is no Tanjong Rhu MRT per say. Nearest are Stadium and Promenade (depending on which condo you are talking about) - but for Promenade, the pedestrian bridge needs to be built first from Gardens at Marina East under the President's Sheares Bridge. This will only be done after YOG... so initially only Stadium MRT.

Reporter is offline F01 N54 Sheer Driving Pleasure

Correct. There is no Tanjong Rhu MRT per say. Nearest are Stadium and Promenade (depending on which condo you are talking about) - but for Promenade, the pedestrian bridge needs to be built first from Gardens at Marina East under the President's Sheares Bridge. This will only be done after YOG... so initially only Stadium MRT.
    Walk more than 1 km from Gardens at Marina East to Promenade station? Tiring right?

Quote Originally Posted by Reporter
    Walk more than 1 km from Gardens at Marina East to Promenade station? Tiring right?
    ? Got more than 1 click meh? Seems to be around 700 m thereabouts...

Smile Pedestrian bridge from T.Rhu to F1 Race Pit

I just got a call from URA regarding my enquiry on the pedestrian bridge from Tanjong Rhu. Apparently the current plan is only 1 bridge slightly south of the Benjamin Sheares Bridge (as portrayed correctly by the URA 2008 Masterplan). This will not be done till after YOG as the bridge will block the water games there.

Here's another interesting news though:
    Gardens of the Bay - East Gardens.. will be a proper full garden by YOG in support of the games . It is just that some of the embellishments etc may not be ready in place yet. I think really making use of YOG to showcase Singapore!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi GWLIP,
    It been last Sep 2009 that you post the above information. I was wondering if you have further news on the development of the pedestrian bridge from the Marina East Garden to the F1 Pit across the river. Thanks for any insight you can provide.

Quote Originally Posted by Petersim
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi GWLIP,
    It been last Sep 2009 that you post the above information. I was wondering if you have further news on the development of the pedestrian bridge from the Marina East Garden to the F1 Pit across the river. Thanks for any insight you can provide.
    Hi
    Do not mean to hijack ur query to gwlip.
    Would like to share based on my last wk visit to ura. They had updated the model w a nice slightly curved bridge south of ben. Shear bridge. And also a road leading from rhu cross all the way to barrage.

Quote Originally Posted by flxcat
    Hi
    Would like to share based on my last wk visit to ura. They had updated the model w a nice slightly curved bridge south of ben. Shear bridge. And also a road leading from rhu cross all the way to barrage.
    Thanks!
    I hope the URA renderings actually comes to fruition and construction works to begin after the YOG. Will make a big difference on the psf of condos around the Tanjung Rhu area... at least to have T.Rhu psf pricing come within the range of those of the Concourse or Southbank!

Hi
    S'okay feel free to .
    Here's what I know from calling NParks.

1. Bridge is likely as what flxcat said south of Benjamin Sheares. This will be a pedestrian bridge that can accomodate people mover systems (aka trams like the zoo). Unsure when this will be done.
    2. Bridge from Costa Rhu edge to Central Gardens (where Nicholl Highway MRT is) was proposed by the designers but unlikely to be taken up by URA.
    3. Bay East gardens (interim) will be opened to public access in 2011 Q1. This will just be a normal gardens without the complete Gustafson Porter design. The actual Bay East Gardens will be developed only in phase 2 together with Central Gardens. This will likely be after phase 1 when South Gardens is completed which is end 2011.
    4. Park connector from Bay East to east coast is likely be done also in phase 2.

S'okay feel free to .

1. Bridge is likely as what flxcat said south of Benjamin Sheares. This will be a pedestrian bridge that can accomodate people mover systems (aka trams like the zoo). Unsure when this will be done.
    2. Bridge from Costa Rhu edge to Central Gardens (where Nicholl Highway MRT is) was proposed by the designers but unlikely to be taken up by URA.
    3. Bay East gardens (interim) will be opened to public access in 2011 Q1. This will just be a normal gardens without the complete Gustafson Porter design. The actual Bay East Gardens will be developed only in phase 2 together with Central Gardens. This will likely be after phase 1 when South Gardens is completed which is end 2011.
    4. Park connector from Bay East to east coast is likely be done also in phase 2.

Thanks Gwlip ! Very informative. These transformation should be good for the landscape of Tanjung Rhu as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Petersim
    Thanks Gwlip ! Very informative. These transformation should be good for the landscape of Tanjung Rhu as a whole.
    Np, I share what I know...
    I think Tanjong Rhu is a nice area to live, just not very accessible relative to present condos wrt MRT locations. Of course I am biased haha .

Np, I share what I know...
    I think Tanjong Rhu is a nice area to live, just not very accessible relative to present condos wrt MRT locations. Of course I am biased haha .
    i tink we tend to compared our ppty with the new launches and hence we felt very undervalued

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    i tink we tend to compared our ppty with the new launches and hence we felt very undervalued
    Ya lor.. suburban area condos cost more than Tanjong Rhu area. This was unthinkable just a few years back. Then again, there is the 99 yr leasehold factor to consider with most of the condos at Tanjong Rhu relatively old liao.

Also nowadays it seems Good Property = MRT @ doorstep as the main trend. Unfortunately I did/ do not particularly subscribe to that thought..

Maybe I should start a poll to gather majority views on Tanjong Rhu area pricing..

Some people like to be exclusive.

teddybear is offline Global recession is coming....

The really exclusive properties in Singapore (to me) are the good class bungalows. The rest are not, so conveniency is the most important for this class of properties that are not exclusive. Conveniency means:
    1) MRT station nearby (<100m best but must be underground MRT station)
    2) shopping malls nearby
    3) easy access to many roads & expressways
    4) near to kid's schools
    5) near to best enrichment & tuition centres in singapore
    6) what else?

Quote Originally Posted by DC33_2008
    Some people like to be exclusive.

Also nowadays it seems Good Property = MRT @ doorstep as the main trend. Unfortunately I did/ do not particularly subscribe to that thought..
    in future, if our ppty(excluding landed and those prime prime condo like ardmore park) r not within 500m from any MRT=Bad ppty! Near to MRT is no longer a bonus/gd-to-have anymore...Its a MUST have

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear
    The really exclusive properties in Singapore (to me) are the good class bungalows. The rest are not, so conveniency is the most important for this class of properties that are not exclusive. Conveniency means:
    1) MRT station nearby (<100m best but must be underground MRT station)
    2) shopping malls nearby
    3) easy access to many roads & expressways
    4) near to kid's schools
    5) near to best enrichment & tuition centres in singapore
    6) what else?
    u r toking about ur condo isit?

Quote Originally Posted by devilplate
    in future, if our ppty(excluding landed and those prime prime condo like ardmore park) r not within 500m from any MRT=Bad ppty! Near to MRT is no longer a bonus/gd-to-have anymore...Its a MUST have
    Oh dear means condos at Tanjong Rhu jia lat till 2020 ...

S'okay feel free to .

Wrt the interim east garden, any idea is there a walking path paved to barrage or have to wait till phase 2? Will be good for a nice morning or evening stroll along thechannel if it is ready.

Wrt the interim east garden, any idea is there a walking path paved to barrage or have to wait till phase 2? Will be good for a nice morning or evening stroll along thechannel if it is ready.
    Yes I believe so . Quite nice ya? But just a simple park for now as the full design features, F&B outlets etc will be much later in phase 2.

Sports Hub to open by April 2014
    By Tan Yo-Hinn | Posted: 26 August 2010 0215 hrs

SINGAPORE: After being stalled for nearly two years due to the global financial downturn, the Sports Hub project will finally kick into gear.

On Wednesday, the Singapore Sports Council (SSC) signed the contract with the Singapore Sports Hub Consortium to design, build, finance and operate the Sports Hub for the next 25 years on a 35-hectare site in Kallang.

Demolition of the National Stadium, which sits on the site, will begin in October, and the new facility will open its doors by April 2014.

The final construction cost is estimated to be $1.33 billion - which the Government will pay in annual payments.

No financing details were available following the midnight announcement.

"I am glad that we are ready to start construction of the Singapore Sports Hub," said Dr Vivian Balakrishnan, Minister for Community Development, Youth and Sports, in a statement.

"It will be a fully integrated sports, leisure, entertainment and lifestyle hub for world-class events and community activities. The facilities will be accessible to the public and to top athletes to train and compete in. As part of the Greater Marina Bay masterplan, the Singapore Sports Hub will also contribute to the larger Government objective of re-positioning Singapore as a great place to work, live and play," he said.

When completed, the Sports Hub will include a 55,000-seat National Stadium with a retractable roof, a 6,000-seat indoor aquatics arena, about 41,000 square metres of business, commercial and retail space, and a sports institute.

Two new features of the Sports Hub are a bowl-cooling system and retractable seats for the main stadium.

The bowl cooling system features blowing treated air from chillers through holes in the tier below each seat.

There will also be a sports library and sports museum, as well as other amenities including a volleyball court, rock-climbing wall, hard courts, a skate park and state-of-the-art training and sports recovery facilities, among others.

The Sports Hub will also strive to attract live entertainment events, conventions and exhibitions, while 80 corporate boxes will be available for lease during major sporting events.

The deal between the Singapore Government and the consortium is the largest sports infrastructure public-private-partnership project in the world.

- CNA/de

Default Response from URA on Pedestrian Bridge Connector..

Just to share. Here's the official response I got from URA on 1 Sep 2010 on the bridge connector from Tanjong Rhu to Promenade ...

"A number of different ideas for connecting the areas at Marina East and Marina Centre areas were put forward under the International Design Competition for the Gardens by the Bay.

URA, together with NParks, have assessed that the most appropriate alignment, taking into cosnideration both planning and technical issues, would be the location near the Benjamin Sheares Bridge, as reflected in the Master Plan 2008. The bridge is planned to connect the promenade and public spaces along Marina Bay and Singapore River to the west and East Coast Park to the east, as well as to provide a connection from the Tanjong Rhu area to the Promenade RTS tation which will be an interchange station between the Circle (CCL) and Downtown (DTL) lines. The timeline for implementation of this planned bridge is currently under study in relation to the plans for the Gardens by the Bay, Bay East and Bay Central.

The need for any additional bridges, for example, near the Nicoll Highway RTS Station, will be reviewed in relation to the longer term plans for the Marina East and Marina Centre areas."

Default Steep hike in devt charges

Eh why Tanjong Rhu DC went up so much? No new development there ma...

The Ministry of National Development will sharply revise the development charges (DC) for the next six months from Wednesday to end February.
    IN YET another drastic move to curb speculators and cool the spiralling property market, the Ministry of National Development will sharply revise the development charges (DC) for the next six months from Wednesday to end February.
    Developers will have to fork out 13 per cent more for landed and non-landed homes. The biggest hike of 36 per cent will be imposed on landed homes in Sentosa (Group B1, Sector 117).
    For non-landed residential properties, the revised DC will go up by a steep 28 per cent for projects in Tanjong Rhu area (Sector 50) and Farrer Park and Balestier area (Sectors 58 and 59), said the MND in a statement on Tuesday....

Eh why Tanjong Rhu DC went up so much? No new development there ma...

The Ministry of National Development will sharply revise the development charges (DC) for the next six months from Wednesday to end February.
    IN YET another drastic move to curb speculators and cool the spiralling property market, the Ministry of National Development will sharply revise the development charges (DC) for the next six months from Wednesday to end February.
    Developers will have to fork out 13 per cent more for landed and non-landed homes. The biggest hike of 36 per cent will be imposed on landed homes in Sentosa (Group B1, Sector 117).
    For non-landed residential properties, the revised DC will go up by a steep 28 per cent for projects in Tanjong Rhu area (Sector 50) and Farrer Park and Balestier area (Sectors 58 and 59), said the MND in a statement on Tuesday....
    My take is to increase the selling price of all the parcel of land in this area in view of more amenities coming on the way.

Think that question was raised in this forum before (2y ago) but wasn't really answered... why is SG transacting at a lower price than Pebble Bay and Waterplace and Costa Rhu? It supposed to be newer and I haven't found any negative comments on that condo at all.. a bit further away from the new URA developments?

Quote Originally Posted by art10626
    Think that question was raised in this forum before (2y ago) but wasn't really answered... why is SG transacting at a lower price than Pebble Bay and Waterplace and Costa Rhu? It supposed to be newer and I haven't found any negative comments on that condo at all.. a bit further away from the new URA developments?
    IMO, Owner may have paid lower px hence willing to let go at a lower px too.
    No bay view so command lower px
    So for view, have to go for seaview but need to put up with road noise so no go for some buyers.
    For my bais viewpoint, will take advantage of lower px n go for unit with both seaview n cityview n accept the road noise.
    If have deep pocket then will get unit at other condo with both bayview n the serene env

[Makes a lot of sense! Thanks flxcat, appreciate your help as always.

Personally, another reason for SG is that it has smaller unit, hence less absolute quantum : )

quote=flxcat]IMO, Owner may have paid lower px hence willing to let go at a lower px too.
    No bay view so command lower px
    So for view, have to go for seaview but need to put up with road noise so no go for some buyers.
    For my bais viewpoint, will take advantage of lower px n go for unit with both seaview n cityview n accept the road noise.
    If have deep pocket then will get unit at other condo with both bayview n the serene env[/quote]

[quote=art10626][Makes a lot of sense! Thanks flxcat, appreciate your help as always.

Personally, another reason for SG is that it has smaller unit, hence less absolute quantum : )

Hi art110626,

You are welcome!

Yes, your reasoning is very true indeed with smallest 2bedder start at 775sqft compared to >1000sqft for e.g PB.