Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789

Thread: Tanjong Rhu Road Condo

See how ...my vacant unit has been used as a warehouse, as it next block to where I stay

till date I only been a buyer and never a seller for properties, so price fluctuations dont matter to me.

Dont think I be moving elsewhere but my kids, when they grow up might prefer other estates under their name , so lets see.

I am ok with fellow singaporean residences to go over to the garden by the bay east via here, cos singapore belongs to all singaporeans.

as for the control of traffic, well full compliment to mr Lim Biow Chuan. Been working closely with him and he is one hands on MP. Even replying u at 1am
    Last edited by puffer_fish; 21-10-13 at 00:16.

Quote Originally Posted by clemdale24 View Post
    most tanjong rhu condos are 99LH. compared to the meyer road FH ones i think meyer road has more upside? generally meyer road condos are also more atas. similarly it will benefit from the ERL. just saying.
    true but dont look at just LH or FH need to look at proximity to facilities. meyer have its attraction. TanJong Rhu have its speciality. once the ERL is finalized and announced. Expect new condo launch in that area. I am sure price will move up much more then.
    “Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.”
    ― Martin Luther King, Jr.

OUT WITH THE SHIT TRASH

https://www.facebook.com/shutdowntrs

There was news announced back in 2006 by Mah Bow Tan of MND that they will build a pedestrian bridge linking Tj Rhu to Marina Centre. Anyone knows the development of this story? Seems no news after that.

Mall at Singapore Sports Hub to be named Kallang Wave

SINGAPORE - SMRT and NTUC Fairprice have named their joint venture mall at the Singapore Sports Hub Kallang Wave.

Get the full story from The Straits Times.

Here is the press statement from SMRT:

The retail mall in iconic Singapore Sports Hub is officially named Kallang Wave today. Taking root from its location and the old National Stadium's "Kallang Wave", the mall is synonymous with national pride and celebrations, and takes its inspiration from the architectural wave-like contours of the mall. As the retail heart of the Singapore Sports Hub, Kallang Wave completes your visit and is about the everyday experiences that shape the lives of Singaporeans - and presents a new wave to Shop. Dine. Play.

Strong anchors of Kallang Wave are both homegrown and international brands to reflect the diverse lifestyle preferences of Singaporeans. FairPrice Xtra, a sports-themed hypermart offering one of the largest variety of organic produce and Foodfare with a seating capacity of over 800 and 17 stalls offering healthy food options and a waterfront view. For the stylish, Kallang Wave will feature Swedish fashion sensation H&M, which will open with the widest Olympic-grade sports collection; UNIQLO, renowned for its premium yet affordable and versatile Japanese clothes; Forever 21, a magnet for the trend-savvy, and Australia's Harvey Norman with a wide range of fitness and health products.

Features of the 41,000sqm mall include climbing walls located from the basement to the 3rd floor, and a rooftop water park. Coupled with the exciting mix of F&B and retail stores in the mall, Kallang Wave offers a unique Shop, Dine and Play experience for Singaporeans, like no other.

Kallang Wave is just steps away from Stadium Circle Line Station and minutes away from other Circle Line stations such as Mountbatten and Dakota, as well as the East West Line Kallang Station. There is also direct access from Nicoll Highway and Stadium Boulevard, and parking in the vicinity has been boosted by some 500 carpark spaces directly under the mall.

COO of Sports Hub Mr Oon Jin Teik, says, "The Singapore Sports Hub is a place built for Singaporeans to watch, play and support sports and entertainment. Together with SMRT and NTUC Fairprice, we are creating a diverse, inspiring and inclusive experience that encourages people to make sports part of their daily lives. With its innovative layout and tenant selection, we are confident the Kallang Wave will attract a strong interest even among the less active to participate in sports."

President and CEO, SMRT Corporation, Mr Desmond Kuek said, "There is great synergy in SMRT and NTUC FairPrice jointly operating the mall. Our choice for naming it 'Kallang Wave' was unanimous. The Kallang Wave retains the association with the old National Stadium, and symbolises the distinctive spirit, energy and close community ties. The excellent accessibility by train on SMRT's Circle Line and East- West Line enhances the value proposition of the mall for all Singaporeans and visitors."

Mr Tan Kian Chew, Group CEO of NTUC FairPrice affirms, "FairPrice Xtra stores provide a one-stop shopping experience for the entire family. We are pleased to be at the forefront in bringing new and exciting retail experiences to our customers. Beyond the wide range of fresh produce, meats and grocery, our seventh FairPrice Xtra store at Kallang Wave mall will be Singapore's first sports-themed hypermarket. It will offer a good selection of bicycles, sporting equipment, accessories and sportswear besides our usual household consumables, electronics and casual wear. We are proud to play a part in this project as we believe that sports is an excellent platform to strengthen community bonding." Vibrant and Exciting Brands

The mall is specially designed to appeal to a broad spectrum of the community, comprising families, youth, seniors, sports enthusiasts and lifestylers. The trade mix of almost equal retail and F&B options, coupled with the goal of pulling in established local and international brands at affordable price points formed the core of our leasing strategy.

The brand offerings at Kallang Wave are in two distinct clusters:

Retail: Fashion, Specialties & Sports, Hypermarket and Services

F&B: Quick bites, Foodcourt, Cafés , Chill out and Dine-in

Shopping at Kallang Wave is about the thrill of a fashion steal, the excitement in trying out a newly bought health gadget, functional and affordable sporting gear, and the anticipation of envy and compliments on great buys.

A Fashion and Specialties & Sports cluster with H&M, UNIQLO, Forever 21, Hoops, New Balance, Outdoor Sports Travel, Power Up Express, Runnur, Sports Link, Weston Corporation, and more, makes it a one-stop area for families, youth and sports enthusiasts. Kallang Wave is also the place to fulfil the banking, beauty and pharmaceutical needs of shoppers.

It is all about indulging in all day dining, every day. Whether you live to eat, or eat to live, there are options for almost every palette and pocket. Kallang Wave is the place for precious bonding time over the warmth of a steaming bowl of ramen, claypot rice or bak kut teh, the intimate chatter amidst the aroma of freshly ground coffee or dining with a postcard view of Singapore's residential and business district landmarks.

A food lane features a stretch of local delights such as A-One Claypot, Curry Times, My Briyani House and Old Street Bak Kut Teh. For shoppers and spectators, they can enjoy the options of Quick bites such as Burger King, Fun Toast, Gourmet Pizza To Go, Popeyes, Smoothie King and Sogurt. For Cafés, we have favourites such as Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf and Starbucks.

For Dine-in, Singaporeans will be spoilt for choice at Astons, Issho Izakaya, Manhattan Fish Market, Poulet and Shokudo at Kallang Wave. Next door at the Singapore Indoor Stadium, enjoy craft beers at Brewerkz, steamboat at Mushroom Pot, Asian specialties at Thai Village and Mexican and Indian cuisine with a selection of vegetarian options at Myra's Beach Club. New Wave to Play 15. Adventurous families and friends can immerse themselves in a range of healthy and high-adrenaline sporting activities in and around the Kallang Wave mall. The mall will also sport a vertical playground for aspiring and professional climbers at Climb Central situated centrally near the atrium of the mall, and a rooftop water park. New Wave of Partners 16. Joining in the Kallang Wave for a year of retail excitement are - Citibank Singapore and OCBC Bank. 17. As the presenting bank partner, Citibank will offer exclusive privileges and benefits to all its portfolio of cardmembers in the commute, shopping and dining space on top of ATM facilities in the mall. Citibank SMRT cardmembers will also enjoy preferential shopping and dining deals at Kallang Wave. They will be able to redeem vouchers to enjoy free train and bus rides to Kallang Wave Mall or offset SMRT taxi fares. 18. OCBC will offer their card customers parking privileges. As the official card sponsor of the BNP Paribas WTA Championships in October, OCBC Card customers can also enjoy more WTA privileges and benefits in the OCBC card spend and redeem programme when they shop at the mall. 19. Kallang Wave will open from June with exciting shopping promotions and rewards.

http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapo...d-kallang-wave

Wow, another place to shop and dine when Kallang Wave is ready!
    I wonder what will happen to the sleepy Kallang Leisure Park when Kallang Wave is ready.
    KLP is undergoing renovation but the progress is so slow.

Quote Originally Posted by princess_morbucks View Post
    Wow, another place to shop and dine when Kallang Wave is ready!
    I wonder what will happen to the sleepy Kallang Leisure Park when Kallang Wave is ready.
    KLP is undergoing renovation but the progress is so slow.
    I only go there for cold storage and guardian ... Nothing else. Carpark is easy though .....

Smile

Kallang leisure got more things la.. ice skating, yahama, n food !!
    Try the jap there.. a tad expensive but not bad.. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by smallant View Post
    Kallang leisure got more things la.. ice skating, yahama, n food !!
    Try the jap there.. a tad expensive but not bad.. :-)
    Yes, I go there for movies and bowling.

Parking is cheap too.

Actually I am hoping it maintains it's current not so crowded status. If gets too crowded, might not go there anymore